Game Fan League Discussion Thread

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Okay Chaos, I can take your version...On one condition. Instead of making the opponent weaker, can we make Niou stronger? Because Fuji was DEFINITELY not weaker during their match.

If so, then we can agree on it. It's fine by me. It's just that I prefer a boost on Niou rather than decrease the opponent.
Oh also, you have to add the "cannot be copied or negated" condition to the illusion.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Did you forget about Fuji's Prodigy? His stats cannot be decreased.

The condition is naturally added as well.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Did you forget about Fuji's Prodigy? His stats cannot be decreased.

The condition is naturally added as well.
What is your Final Version of Illusion?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
As for Niou's "unpredictable" feat, you should include that Mizuki's prediction doesn't work against him, since it's the same principle.

Wakato (4, 4, 4, 7, 19) 16
All-rounder

-Change Over! [Feat]:
Wakato has to choose one player before the match, his playstyle and dominant hand change accordingly. Depending on whether the copied playstyle has an advantage/disadvantage against the opponent's playstyle the following bonus is applied:
-Advantage -> +1.5 to all stats
-Neutral -> +0
-Disadvantage -> -0.5 to all stats
The order of advantages is:
-Serve&Volley advantage vs Defensive Baseliner
-Defensive Baseliner advantage vs Aggressive Baseliner
-Aggressive Baseliner advantage vs Serve&Volley
-All-rounder always counts as Neutral

-Buggy Whip Shot [Effect]:
Wakato's Spin is boosted by 2 points.
I'd like to say, I disagree STRONGLY with this.

Current wakato can get a +10 with Hadokyuu 100% of the times.
Nerfed Wakato can get 8 points IF I'M LUCKY and 0 POINTS if I'm not lucky.

I cannot agree with that absurd nerf. If it was 3 points instead of 1.5, I could agree, sure. But 1.5? He is a joke compared to his former self.

Unless you include something like "He can copy feats of players he has faced before"(since he copies habits more than he copies effects) to become some sort of Muga for Feats, then it's just not fair.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
As for Niou's "unpredictable" feat, you should include that Mizuki's prediction doesn't work against him, since it's the same principle.



I'd like to say, I disagree STRONGLY with this.

Current wakato can get a +10 with Hadokyuu 100% of the times.
Nerfed Wakato can get 8 points IF I'M LUCKY and 0 POINTS if I'm not lucky.

I cannot agree with that absurd nerf. If it was 3 points instead of 1.5, I could agree, sure. But 1.5? He is a joke compared to his former self.

Unless you include something like "He can copy feats of players he has faced before"(since he copies habits more than he copies effects) to become some sort of Muga for Feats, then it's just not fair.
+2/0/-1 to all the stats
More risk, better for Sherlock:p
Good luck: 10 points more
Bad luck 2 points lost
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
+2/0/-1 to all the stats
More risk, better for Sherlock:p
Good luck: 10 points more
Bad luck 2 points lost
2/0/-1 is still +10 only if I'm lucky, something current Wakato can get 100% of the time, PLUS be a beast in doubles by copying some effects.

3/0/-3 is something I would actually be fine with.

Hell, you could go with 3/0/autoloss and I would still be fine with it.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As for Niou's "unpredictable" feat, you should include that Mizuki's prediction doesn't work against him, since it's the same principle.



I'd like to say, I disagree STRONGLY with this.

Current wakato can get a +10 with Hadokyuu 100% of the times.
Nerfed Wakato can get 8 points IF I'M LUCKY and 0 POINTS if I'm not lucky.

I cannot agree with that absurd nerf. If it was 3 points instead of 1.5, I could agree, sure. But 1.5? He is a joke compared to his former self.

Unless you include something like "He can copy feats of players he has faced before"(since he copies habits more than he copies effects) to become some sort of Muga for Feats, then it's just not fair.
I think I'd like to go with the Feat copying stuff. There should be a slight restriction though, something like what we did with the current Illusion.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
okay. He only manages to copy a feat if he predicts the opponent he is facing, how about that?
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well for Wakato if we're going to change into feat copying. The restriction we need is that he can't copy god given talents like Jiro's Flexible Wrists or Atobe's Insight or even Kenya's speed. That would actually probably limit his abilities by over 50% I would think....

Personally I prefer just boosting the points of the current Wakato's ability to 3 that way Sherlock suggested. I don't think that will make him too powered up as he still needs to predict, which is hard enough as it is.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I don't have any opinion on Wakato, I don't even remember who he is for some reason.

On Niou, I think that opponent being 'mind rape' is better represent by dropping their stat. That's all. But increasing stat wouldn't make that much of a difference most of the time, except when fighting Fuji, which is all the more reason to drop the stat instead.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Don't you think that'd be uncanon like?
On the other hand, he didn't get screentime at all in the manga so one can't really speak about canon here.

I'm fine with both versions, what do you guys prefer?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
-Big Bang [Effect]:
Kite’s Power is boosted by 3 points. Afterwards, if Kite’s Power is more than 3 points higher than his opponent’s, Kite wins in a tie.
Couldn't this be something like "if Kite's power is within 3 points of his opponent, he wins" or something? Because ties are already rare, ties when he has 3 or more in power is freaking impossible to happen.

Also, as for Wakato's effects, I'm fine with either one too but...How would they work in doubles?
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
On the big bang, it wouldn't exactly hurt to make it auto win in the tie. It's just like Inui waterfall, but increase more power. It wouldn't be a bad skill. Within 3 point is too sick, that's 6 point range, and it's in power only, not entire level. It would cover too many player.

Can you make pinnacle of perfection so that it cannot be negated? I don't really have anything to prove it, so...

I want to rant on my character, abit. I want Rin to have some boost. He suck for his cost. Giant Habu work with very few player, AND most player with speed lower than 5 also tend to have very low power. It's pretty much just hold the sign 'never use me'.

On the other character note, I want to suggest Gin to add power if his Hadokyuu is negated, something along the line of 'higer level'. But it shouldn't be higher than 10, or his opponent will scream if they negate his effect. Something along 2-5 sounds great.

Next, Kikumaru, I want him to have ability to pull off formation in single. He split, and show one-man Australian Formation, so why not? On this note, Oishi should get a boost as well. He's a strong lead in any double, there should be something to represent that.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Couldn't this be something like "if Kite's power is within 3 points of his opponent, he wins" or something? Because ties are already rare, ties when he has 3 or more in power is freaking impossible to happen.

Also, as for Wakato's effects, I'm fine with either one too but...How would they work in doubles?
How about just having more points in Power then to it a tie? Ties are rare but to have a higher Power after a boost isn't that unlikely.

As for Wakato, maybe the Effects could sum up in Doubles?

On the big bang, it wouldn't exactly hurt to make it auto win in the tie. It's just like Inui waterfall, but increase more power. It wouldn't be a bad skill. Within 3 point is too sick, that's 6 point range, and it's in power only, not entire level. It would cover too many player.

(1) Can you make pinnacle of perfection so that it cannot be negated? I don't really have anything to prove it, so...

(2) I want to rant on my character, abit. I want Rin to have some boost. He suck for his cost. Giant Habu work with very few player, AND most player with speed lower than 5 also tend to have very low power. It's pretty much just hold the sign 'never use me'.

(3) On the other character note, I want to suggest Gin to add power if his Hadokyuu is negated, something along the line of 'higer level'. But it shouldn't be higher than 10, or his opponent will scream if they negate his effect. Something along 2-5 sounds great.

(4) Next, Kikumaru, I want him to have ability to pull off formation in single. He split, and show one-man Australian Formation, so why not? On this note, Oishi should get a boost as well. He's a strong lead in any double, there should be something to represent that.
(1) I'll take a look at all effects and see which ae copyable and which should not be.

(2) Hmm, maybe Speed 6 or below and Power becomes 0? He soesn't have any other techniques as far as I know. Any ideas anyone?

(3) Is there anything you base this on?

(4) We already had this discussion once before, their cost is simply too low to implement more powerful effects.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
On Rin, I just want the effect to be better, that's all.

I do base Gin 'increasing' base on his only real fight on the entire manga. Once his power is beaten (when fight against Taka), he just bring out more powerful version of his attack (He do got 108 style). Now, we can't really make it more powerful, since that's just broken. But nerfing his +10 wouldn't make anyone who use him much happier. +2 and keeping plusing until his level surpass his opponent may work, but that's just the same with adding a lot of points at once.

On the pinnacle, right now it already can't be copy, it meant that it shouldn't be able to be negate.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't think Gin raised the power of his Hadokyuu because he got overpowered but rather to show his respect for Kawamura.
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/330/12/

On Rin, the only thing I can think of is to make it easier to activate.

On the pinnacle, sorry i misread it. I'll think it through.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I do think Gin's Hadoukyuu shoudl be stronger than Ishida's or Taka's

If I recall correctly didn't Gin say that only Taka's Dash Hadoukyuu was on the level of a real Hadoukyuu?

Which should make it then Gin's base Hadoukyuu > Taka's base Hadoukyuu > Tetsu's base Hadoukyuu
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I know that Taka's Hadoukyuu is not as strong as Gin's.

Just some note on Taka's power, http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/331/08-09/ I can only wish he use this move freely as he want (Gin state it's not Hadoukyuu). I only got to hope that happen before this season ends.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I do think Gin's Hadoukyuu shoudl be stronger than Ishida's or Taka's

If I recall correctly didn't Gin say that only Taka's Dash Hadoukyuu was on the level of a real Hadoukyuu?

Which should make it then Gin's base Hadoukyuu > Taka's base Hadoukyuu > Tetsu's base Hadoukyuu
Gin's Hadokyuu is already stronger. Taka's and Tetsu's give the same boost at the moment though. Maybe we could change Tetsu's to +6/+5 or something.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Oh on Kite, I think he needs a feat that auto wins against the rest of Higa Chuu or at least Kai

Taken from the pair matches when he basically just look at Kai and tell him you can't beat me and makes him forfeit.


oh, didn't realize Gin's was already stronger ^^ I jsut thought it was the same since they all had the same move name.
 
Last edited:
Top