Game Fan League Discussion Thread

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Just make him cost 100 and have an effect of auto win lol.

Something like this:

Echizen Nanjiroh
(30,30,30,30,120)
The King of Tennis[Feat]
All non-echizens have their effects negated

Broken Mc.Brokerson[Effect]
Nanjiroh automatically wins the match.
 
Last edited:

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I know your plans Sherlock. You plan onto using that effect to make Niou win his matches...
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well it was worth a shot!
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You didn't really think you were going to be able to slip that one past everyone, did you?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You guys didn't think I would make Nanjiroh in the first place, did you?
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Well, I think cost 100-120 is quite reasonable, the rest of the team would pretty much suck. It would just be a 'decoration' character to complete the league. Ryoga is pretty bad for his cost, right?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
New Golden Pair costs 13 points more , and get 12 points more (with Australain they will reach 102).
Do you call that a boost? I call it a Swindle
A lot of players have been boosted, but the cost is the same
Make Oishi's 28, and Kiku 27. The boost of Kiku is useless (Kiku in Singles it's not a clever move, it's stupid when you have an auto-win) and Oishi is far worse that Marui, who costs the same. Keep the rest of things.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
On the cost/ability wise, Hiyoshi is too strong for his cost, for the reason I stated before. He wouldn't really 'lose' against lower cost player, and the same cost player can beat him. But he can pull a win against MANY higher cost player. Make him got some negative effect when facing lower cost/1st year, but decrease the buff. But 14 point increase is almost samurai drive.

On Nanjirou, the simple 'cannot be copied' will fix that.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I already said that I will adjust the cost and base totals of various players when the time comes and we agreed upon a moveset.

Also GP is technically seen he Ryoga of Doubles, as they take two slots, they cost slightly less. I think that sonds logical.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
On the cost/ability wise, Hiyoshi is too strong for his cost, for the reason I stated before. He wouldn't really 'lose' against lower cost player, and the same cost player can beat him. But he can pull a win against MANY higher cost player. Make him got some negative effect when facing lower cost/1st year, but decrease the buff. But 14 point increase is almost samurai drive.

On Nanjirou, the simple 'cannot be copied' will fix that.
I agree at all about Hiyoshi. GP will be discussed later
Isn't new Saeki too good?New Analyze is wonderful

Another thing: every pair, even if they are not Level 1, 2...,could any Formation, except I Formation?The Level required isn't stated
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
His second step was to make another bet to win some character and do what he did the first time. Am I right Sherlock?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I agree at all about Hiyoshi. GP will be discussed later
Isn't new Saeki too good?New Analyze is wonderful

Another thing: every pair, even if they are not Level 1, 2...,could any Formation, except I Formation?The Level required isn't stated
Saeki's points will go up as well, I think. Also, keep in mind that these changes are all aplied next season.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Chaos, would you mind adding Echizen with cannot be negate Pinnacle of Perfection to the first page?

I don't think I would take gay pair next season, so the change I'm suggesting wouldn't really affect me, but how about

Koharu
High IQ [Final Feat]:
If an oppenent's within 4 base level of Koharu, if their effect would add/drop less points than 5 points in total, that effect is negate.

It won't feel as nerfed, but surely less strong than the current version. It just something I thought of, it's pretty hard to represent afterall. It just my version to show that if effect is too powerful, Koharu can't do anything.

Oh, and I also propose a nerf on Rin Giant Habu. Something like, if opponent use a move that decrease the spin by any amount, this effect is negate. Reason behind it is Fuji 4th counter, that's all.

Fuji should just have his 4th counter for the sake of finishing his move. It's just one more move, make it carefully and it woulnd't be broken, and it will complete his character
 
Last edited:

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
For Kagerou Zutsumi is should basically be a counter for speed characters.

Kagerou Zutsumi [Effect]:
If a character has a base speed of 5 or higher, then Fuji's spin is increased by 5 and the opponents speed is dropped by 3. If the opponent would increase his speed through an effect, that effect is negated.

Change the numbers if you like, but that should be how Kagerou Zutsumi should work.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
For Kagerou Zutsumi is should basically be a counter for speed characters.

Kagerou Zutsumi [Effect]:
If a character has a base speed of 5 or higher, then Fuji's spin is increased by 5 and the opponents speed is dropped by 3. If the opponent would increase his speed through an effect, that effect is negated.

Change the numbers if you like, but that should be how Kagerou Zutsumi should work.
I like it, but I think it should be spin instead of speed? Because it nullified the spin, right?
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's odd how kagerou zutsumi works. Yes it nullifies spin, but its main purpose is to be used against characters that can catch up to to Triple counters. It tricks the opponent into thinking the ball is just out of reach so they can't return it.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
5 is a pretty low number for it to trigger. I understand that's Rin's base speed, but that seems kind of overpowered as every character in Fuji's range has a speed at that level.

What about instead of 'base speed of 5' it's 'speed of 8 or higher'? That would still work against Rin (since Shukuchihou is a feat), but it wouldn't be a guarantee against anyone in Fuji's class.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Then I can understand the first part, but the second part should be trigger on spin, through. It's clearly note on spin in the manga, so I think it should be mention somewhere in its ability.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
maybe something like "If the word spin is mentioned in the effect, the effect is negated"
 
Top