I can agree with the best shot. But I'm not so sure that it's a least amount of effect. If anything, it seem to takes more efforts than normal. Rather than you know, just hitting the ball.
I can actually say this with absolute confidence since it was explained in the extra pages of chapter 112:
Sai: there's actually not much info on the SSS
Sai: other than this is what allows you to hit the glowing shot
Sai: and that the super sweet spot take the 3 definitions of sweet spot and combines them into a single point
Sai: 1) The spot in which the speed of the hit ball reaches its peak
2) The spot in which the racket has the least vibration
3) The spot where the impact on the arm is the least
Sai: So basically those 3 definitions of different kinds of sweet spots
Sai: where as the super sweet spot is the point on the racket where all three hold true
Sai: and utilizing this helps you to hit the glowing shot Sai: it allows you to maximize your power with minimaleffort
Regarding SSS, I think the first effect of activating another ability for free is too good. Using a serve/special each point without stamina loss is a huge boon to those players able to do so. But maybe they're supposed to be on a higher tier than others though?
I think SSS reducing the stamina cost (to .5?) of a subsequent ability is a good idea, or an alternative might be to keep the cost negation but only if an opponent uses an ability that point as well. Overall, I think a change to SSS should have the actual player plan out their abilities over a match instead of just repeating the same move seven times.
On a related note, has anyone found the second mode of SSS too narrow in comparison to the first? I'm not sure copying a conditional Extra is equal to just using another ability.
Hmm , interesting. Doesn't make sense to me as to why it'll be easier, as it just look harder to pull off in theory. But real life logic doesn't apply in this world, I suppose.
Hmm , interesting. Doesn't make sense to me as to why it'll be easier, as it just look harder to pull off in theory. But real life logic doesn't apply in this world, I suppose.
Not easier, just more efficient. Actually hitting the ball in the right spot and everything is incredibly difficult, but once you do manage to do it, that's the effect.
---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------
On a related note, has anyone found the second mode of SSS too narrow in comparison to the first? I'm not sure copying a conditional Extra is equal to just using another ability.
I think a big factor in this observation is that characters tend to be immune to their own moves' ACE effects, so there's not much point in copying the Extra even? Otherwise it'd let you get access to ACE effects you wouldn't normally have access to, which isn't bad.
If memory serves it copied the Data effect too at some point in development, but I got rid of that because, logically, in order to gain the effect you need to be able to return the original shot first. Might be possible to put something like that back in though, would have to think about it.
---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------
Did you mean every Special with a Lv of 5 or greater, rather than 5 or smaller? I don't really see the logic in the latter, plus it would mean Fuji and co. would only be able to use one special move per match.
Did you mean every Special with a Lv of 5 or greater, rather than 5 or smaller? I don't really see the logic in the latter, plus it would mean Fuji and co. would only be able to use one special move per match.
I really gotta be careful while typing. I mean Special with a lv of 5 or greater.
Like Pirate, Glowing shot, Samurai, Demon, Luna etc.
Also The specials with a lv of 6 or greater shouldn't be allowed to use with SSS.
-Atobe has 8 HP instead of 9
-Byoudouin: Supreme Ruler should only decrease Mental if opponent's HP decreased through Byoudouin's Serve/Special
-Ryoma: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Fuji: Have Prodigy increase Speed instead of Technique
-Kirihara's HP is missing
-Kite's Hitman should read "If *any* opponent's..."
-Mouri: decrease Stamina by 1 or 2 when negating Lv 5 Serves/Specials
-Niou: Limit Trickster of the Court to 2 or 3 activations
-Ochi: Mental Assassin should only decrease Speed/Power/Technique if Mental decrease was successful; should only activate on 6th and 7th point
-Sanada: Should In be unnegatable?
-Tokugawa: Limit Black Hole to 2 activations per match?
-Tooyama: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Yukimura: Child of God should negate Serves as well
-fix Serve rule: SB should be negated when activating Serves
-add rule for when self inflicted damage resolves
I'm considering another one of these mini seasons after the current one with a different set of characters since it seems more useful for spotting problems.
Sanada: Don't see a reason why it cannot be negate.
Tokugawa: Depends on the kind of match. If it's tie breaker or 1 set match, then no.
Yukimura: I thought this is fix a long while back XD.
-Atobe has 8 HP instead of 9
-Atobe: add Atobe Kingdom as [Lv 4; +5; Negates Lv <= 4]
-Byoudouin: Supreme Ruler should only decrease Mental if opponent's HP decreased through Byoudouin's Serve/Special
-Ryoma: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Ryoma: Samurai should increase Technique by 1 instead of by 3
-Fuji: Have Prodigy increase Speed instead of Technique
-Kirihara's HP is missing
-Kite's Hitman should read "If *any* opponent's..."
-Mouri: decrease Stamina by 1 or 2 when negating Lv 5 Serves/Specials
-Niou: Limit Trickster of the Court to 2 or 3 activations
-Ochi: Mental Assassin should only decrease Speed/Power/Technique if Mental decrease was successful; should only activate on 6th and 7th point
-Ohmagari: Elitist should read "If base total exceeds *all* opponents' base totals [...]"
-Sanada: Should In be unnegatable?
-Tokugawa: Limit Black Hole to 2 activations per match?
-Tooyama: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Yukimura: Child of God should negate Serves as well
-fix Serve rule: SB should be negated when activating Serves
-add rule for when self inflicted damage resolves
This. Mental Assassin should be able to send Sanada into disarray enough. Also, the "signal" should depends on Sanada mental state. In his match Shuuji where he is piss off, I don't see anything he did that comes off as unpredictable at all.
This. Mental Assassin should be able to send Sanada into disarray enough. Also, the "signal" should depends on Sanada mental state. In his match Shuuji where he is piss off, I don't see anything he did that comes off as unpredictable at all.
Well, In never said that it made Sanada unpredictable or anything, simply that it nullified prediction abilities. Shuuji doesn't use prediction abilities, he just uses Mu and his natural reflexes.
In terms of The Mental Assassin, Ochi doesn't actually use any prediction abilities, so it wouldn't really matter. Now, if you were using Ochi/Renji or Ochi/Mouri in doubles, it would matter from a negation standpoint; however, iirc, neither of them can negate his abilities as it is because of their level, so it's still a moot point.
Well, In's "slogan" is "Unpredictable like the shadows.", so it is meant to make him more difficult to predict. That said, due to the way prediction abilities worked (and will probably still work in the future), i.e. comparing the user's and opponent's Mental stats, The Mental Assassin and similar abilities still work against In even if they don't outright negate it.
---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------
Updated list:
-Atobe has 8 HP instead of 9
-Atobe: add Atobe Kingdom as [Lv 4; +5; Negates Lv <= 4]
-Byoudouin: Supreme Ruler should only decrease Mental if opponent's HP decreased through Byoudouin's Serve/Special
-Ryoma: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Ryoma: Samurai should increase Technique by 1 instead of by 3
-Fuji: Have Prodigy increase Speed instead of Technique
-Ishida: change Hadokyuu negation threshold to "higher than 3"
-Kimijima: let Negotiation change Intellitennis negation instead (compare Mouri)
-Kirihara's HP is missing
-Kite's Hitman should read "If *any* opponent's..."
-Mouri: decrease Stamina by 1 or 2 when negating Lv 5 Serves/Specials
-Niou: Limit Trickster of the Court to 2 or 3 activations
-Ochi: Mental Assassin should only decrease Speed/Power/Technique if Mental decrease was successful; should only activate on 6th and 7th point
-Ohmagari: Elitist should read "If base total exceeds *all* opponents' base totals [...]"
-Sanada: Should In be unnegatable?
-Tohno: Improve Execution's ACE when used consecutively?
-Tokugawa: Limit Black Hole to 2 activations per match?
-Tooyama: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Watanabe's SB should be 3 instead of 2
-Yukimura: Child of God should negate Serves as well
-Yukimura: change Yips to static decrease of 1-2 Mental per point, plus 1 additional Mental for each negated Serve/Special
-fix Serve rule: SB should be negated when activating Serves
-add rule for when self inflicted damage resolves
-add "Decisive Point" explanation to the rules
Looking at the second mini season, I'm planning to include the following characters:
In this context, adding up the characters of both mini seasons and the top players that I want to add in the main season (Tezuka, Volk, QP, Camus, Amadeus) we'll be at almost 70 characters. I'm going to add a few more characters for sure, namely Kabaji and those that have a high support level with already included characters. However, unless requested I probably won't add all the low tier characters back in since they won't get picked anyway.
So if you want any of the following to return, let me know in advance (so within the next six months I guess >_>):
Amane
Kurobane
Konjiki
Hitouji
Zaizen
Chinen
Kai
Tanishi
Kamio
Ibu
Mukahi
Minami
Higashikata
Jackal
Mizuki
Yuuta
Sakata
Kadowaki
---------- Post added December 14, 2014 at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was December 07, 2014 at 09:40 PM ----------
I think Execution is rather underwhelming compared to the last game's version. There's a higher chance of you losing the match because of it than the other way around, lol.
I agree with this, but I think the potential drawback isn't that bad because not that many people have 6+ Technique. Rather it's that his ACE was too much designed with specific doubles partners in mind, so I'll probably make it stronger with continuous use (emulating him using stronger Executions).
Also, updated change list:
-Atobe has 8 HP instead of 9
-Atobe: add Atobe Kingdom as [Lv 4; +5; Negates Lv <= 4]
-Ban: change Human Shield to prevent any damage done to the partner
-Byoudouin: Supreme Ruler should only decrease Mental if opponent's HP decreased through Byoudouin's Serve/Special
-Ryoma: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Ryoma: Samurai should increase Technique by 1 instead of by 3
-Fuji: Have Prodigy increase Speed instead of Technique
-Ishida: change Hadokyuu negation threshold to "higher than 3"
-Kimijima: let Negotiation change Intellitennis negation instead (compare Mouri)
-Kirihara's HP is missing
-Kite's Hitman should read "If *any* opponent's..."
-Mouri: decrease Stamina by 1 or 2 when negating Lv 5 Serves/Specials
-Niou: Limit Trickster of the Court to 2 or 3 activations
-Ochi: Mental Assassin should only decrease Speed/Power/Technique if Mental decrease was successful; should only activate on 6th and 7th point
-Ohmagari: Elitist should read "If base total exceeds *all* opponents' base totals [...]"
-Sanada: Should In be unnegatable?
-Sanada: lower KnA thresholds by 2 each
-Tohno: Improve Execution's ACE when used consecutively?
-Tokugawa: Limit Black Hole to 2 activations per match?
-Tooyama: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Watanabe's SB should be 3 instead of 2
-Yukimura: Child of God should negate Serves as well
-Yukimura: change Yips to static decrease of 1-2 Mental per point, plus 1 additional Mental for each negated Serve/Special
-fix Serve rule: SB should be negated when activating Serves
--Serves: only need to ACE one opponent in doubles to be effective?
-add rule for when self inflicted damage resolves
-add "Decisive Point" explanation to the rules
---------- Post added December 19, 2014 at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was December 14, 2014 at 09:11 PM ----------
Everyone, throw out some ideas for Mental Assassin. I'm not at all satisfied with the current version, but have a hard time coming up with good alternatives.
Pretty much everything besides the Mental drop. Looking back, he used it against Atobe at the end of the first set, which is much sooner than 5th or 6th point here. I was considering something like "After winning a point, opponent's Mental decreases by 1 during the next point." and then something else, but so far I haven't had any ideas I'm actually satisfied with.
I was considering that one, but then should the drop be set, should it become bigger as time passes etc. Another possibility I thought of was to let him negate Specials if the Special's level was above the user's Mental or something.
Yeah, that would be possible. The next question is if that's broken, or rather whether or not it would result in a snowball effect where Ochi only needs to win one point and then just dominates the rest of the match with MA.
Yeah, that would be possible. The next question is if that's broken, or rather whether or not it would result in a snowball effect where Ochi only needs to win one point and then just dominates the rest of the match with MA.