Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Test Match #3: Hinata Fan vs Bowser

GO GO GO HINATA FAN! SHOW HIM THE POWER OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR!

Hmm...Names...Not really. Unless I could be The Detective From Hell.
(As you might have guessed, I'm bored)
Lolz, I'm bored too QQ. But isn't it Winner: Jackal-Kurobane pair, Hinata Fan! instead of Winner: Minami-Kenya pair, Hinata Fan! For doubles 1? I almost thought one of our amazing members could have lost.

Man, we're going to get rocked once the season starts. :p
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Lolz, I'm bored too QQ. But isn't it Winner: Jackal-Kurobane pair, Hinata Fan! instead of Winner: Minami-Kenya pair, Hinata Fan! For doubles 1? I almost thought one of our amazing members could have lost.

Man, we're going to get rocked once the season starts. :p
Indeed, just edited it.

Okay, chances are, we are going to suck. Our teams depend on luck. My Niou based team depends on luck even more. BUT LET'S AIM TO GET AT LEAST ONE MEMBER OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR ON THE TOP HALF OF THE LIST.

Considering we are 4, and the list has 9 people, this shouldn't be hard. But it would be hilarious if none of us made above 5th haha
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Indeed, just edited it.

Okay, chances are, we are going to suck. Our teams depend on luck. My Niou based team depends on luck even more. BUT LET'S AIM TO GET AT LEAST ONE MEMBER OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR ON THE TOP HALF OF THE LIST.

Considering we are 4, and the list has 9 people, this shouldn't be hard. But it would be hilarious if none of us made above 5th haha
Lolz, that would be hilarious but quite possible since I scored the highest last time and that was dead center. :amuse Least your doubles is strong. My team is like full of nothing but singles players. :o
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
w00t, I won.

I think that my team is better under the new format. I can have some really good doubles combos since pretty much everyone on my team has some sort of ability that makes them better in doubles.

Look at that match with Jackal and Kurobane playing, for example. Last round I generally used them as fodder, but they can gain 23 points just by activating Bane's effect. My path this time will really depend on making the right choices in doubles, I think.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Lolz, that would be hilarious but quite possible since I scored the highest last time and that was dead center. :amuse Least your doubles is strong. My team is like full of nothing but singles players. :o
And I was right behind you haha. And Hinata Fan right behind me. Hahaha.

I got 2 decent doubles.

The golden pair can reach 52 points.
The silver pair can reach 40 points.
Kazuya is Kazuya. 60 points.

But both my doubles can be raped by status nullifiers.
Momo is not-so-weak-at-all.
Niou is...A bomb. I don't know when he will explode haha.


w00t, I won.

I think that my team is better under the new format. I can have some really good doubles combos since pretty much everyone on my team has some sort of ability that makes them better in doubles.

Look at that match with Jackal and Kurobane playing, for example. Last round I generally used them as fodder, but they can gain 23 points just by activating Bane's effect. My path this time will really depend on making the right choices in doubles, I think.
Indeed, Doubles will be the key to us, since we spent so many points in our other characters.
 
Last edited:

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Woah woah, lets go back to that other match.

Kevin (30) Chaos
-Arrogance[Effect]: If the opponent is within 3 levels, Kevin gets boosted 3 points. (singles only)
-Hmph![Feat]: If the opponent is left handed, Kevin loses. (singles only)

vs

Kai (11) Jyten
-Shukuchi[Feat]: User gets boosted by 3 points.
-Viking Horn[Effect]: Kai gets boosted by 4 points. (singles only)

Result:

Kai goes up to 18 points, but that is still not enough to beat Kevin.

Kevin(30) vs Kai(18)

Winner: Chaos


KAI IS LEFT HANDED LOL
HE WINS HAHAHA

Edit:

Bowser now has Higashitaka
Chaos now has Kenya

Edit2:

-Nerfed Tezuka Zone from 10 to 5
-Changed Sengoku from doubles only to both
-Nerfed Hadoukyuu from 10 to 5
-Upgraded Kajimoto to 5 and both singles and doubles
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Woah woah, lets go back to that other match.

Kevin (30) Chaos
-Arrogance[Effect]: If the opponent is within 3 levels, Kevin gets boosted 3 points. (singles only)
-Hmph![Feat]: If the opponent is left handed, Kevin loses. (singles only)

vs

Kai (11) Jyten
-Shukuchi[Feat]: User gets boosted by 3 points.
-Viking Horn[Effect]: Kai gets boosted by 4 points. (singles only)

Result:

Kai goes up to 18 points, but that is still not enough to beat Kevin.

Kevin(30) vs Kai(18)

Winner: Chaos


KAI IS LEFT HANDED LOL
HE WINS HAHAHA

Edit:

Bowser now has Higashitaka
Chaos now has Kenya
HAHAHAHHA KAI IS LEFT HANDED? REALLY? *checks FET*
Holy crap you are right.

Sucks to be Kevin.


On that note, I just realized I have one lineup left here waiting for an opponent. If anyone else wants a test match, just send your lineup to me.
 
Last edited:

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just sent you my lineup Sherlock.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Test Match #4 - Fayte vs Javimgol


Singles 3
S3: Tachibana (27)
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Wild Lion[Aura]: If the opponent is within 15 levels, Tachibana gets boosted 8 points. (both singles and doubles)
-Abare Dama[Effect]: Opponent's Effect and Aura are neutralized.

vs


Ryoga (65) Javimgol
-The Prince[Feat]: If the opponent is Echizen, Ryoga automatically loses. (singles only)

Result:

Tachibana goes up to 30 points with Power, and would go up to 45 points if Fayte had used the aura. But he didn't mention whether he would activate his effect or the aura. Either way, it wouldn't change the match's result. Ryoga wins.

Winner: Ryoga, Javimgol
Doubles 2

Koharu/Hitouji(31.5)

Koharu (16) Javimgol
-Gay Pride[Effect]: If Hitouji is the partner, team gets boosted 5 points.

Hitouji (15.5) Javimgol
-Gay Pride[Effect]: If Koharu is the partner, team gets boosted 5 points.

vs

Zaizen-Kabaji(23+xx)


Zaizen (23)
If the opponent is more than 10 levels higher, Zaizen gets double the points. (doubles only)

Kabaji (xx)
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Usu[Feat]: Kabaji becomes the level and copies the Aura of whoever he plays. If he plays doubles, he becomes the same level as the highest leveled opponent (both singles and doubles)

Result:

Kabaji becomes Koharu, and then his feat makes him 3 points stronger!
19 points.
Kabaji+Zaizen=42(ANSWER TO LIFE UNIVERSE AND EVERYTHING ELSE)

Koharu's/Hitouji's effect raises the team up to 36.5.

Kabaji-Zaizen(42) vs Koharu/Hitouji(36.5)=Winner: Kabaji-Zaizen pair, Fayte
Singles 2

S2: Sanada (33)

-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Shadow[Feat]: If the opponent is within 5 levels, all Aura's are canceled. (both singles and doubles)
-Pinnacle of Destruction[Aura]: If the opponent is a higher level, Sanada gets boosted 15 points.
vs

Reiji (24) Javimgol
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Deep Impulse[Effect]: Opponent decreases 3 points.

Resolution:

Sanada wins. What, the explanation? Fine.
Sanada uses power to go from 30 to 33. Reiji goes from 24 to 27. Sanada goes back to 30. Reiji still loses. But Pinnacle of Destruction seems to be too overpowered...Fayte, can you nerf that a little? Not the amount of points, that seems fine. But something like "if opponent is five levels above Sanada or higher" to make it a little harder to activate.

Winner: Sanada, Fayte
Doubles 1:
Rin/Bunta (54)

Rin (24)

-Shukuchi[Feat]: User gets boosted by 3 points.
-Giant Habu[Effect]: If the opponent is within 5 levels, Rin gets boosted 5 points and nullifies all Status Effects (both singles and doubles)

Bunta (30)
-Volley Expert[Feat]: If Bunta plays doubles, team is boosted 10 points.

vs...

Richard+Kadowaki(17.5). Best. Pair. Ever.

Richard (11.5) Javimgol
-AHAHAHA[Feat]: Opponent gets raised 3 points. (singles only)

Kadowaki (6) Javimgol
-Super Tennis[Feat]: When playing singles, Kadowaki automatically loses. (singles only)

Result:

...Did anyone here expect Kadowaki and Richard to win? Really? Bunta/Rin go to 67 points. Wow.

Winner: Bunta-Rin pair, Fayte
Singles 1

S1: Akutsu (28)

-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-The Demon[Effect]: If the opponent is 13-23 levels higher, Akutsu becomes their level. (both singles and doubles)

vs


Arai (2) Javimgol
-Pride[Feat]: When playing with a Seigaku member, Arai gets boosted 5 points. (doubles only)

Result:

Akutsu gets raised 3 points, and sends Arai straight to hell.

Winner: Akutsu, Fayte
Winner: Fayte, 4-1
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was going to ask how Bunta got so overpowered, but I checked the first post and he's only listed as 20 points. Not that it would make any difference in that match.

Wait, I see what happened. It seems like all of the bonus points got added twice in that doubles match.
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I was going to ask how Bunta got so overpowered, but I checked the first post and he's only listed as 20 points. Not that it would make any difference in that match.

Wait, I see what happened. It seems like all of the bonus points got added twice to Fayte's characters.
Just noticed. Fayte sent his characters with the bonus added already, while everyone else just sends me their characters. Either way, that won't change any results in that match.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I make it easier for Sherlock and he punches me in the face and says "Yeah, I'll just forget about what you just did"

And Sanada's Aura really isn't that broken if you think about it. I mean all we know of it in the manga is that it is pretty much PoP Sanada style. I could have written "Sanada automatically wins" but I added points instead. Besides, Sanada would only use it in the manga if the character he plays pushes him to his limits(IE: higher level) So I mean I'd say it's pretty legit considering his point value and what not.

Result:

Akutsu gets raised 3 points, and sends Arai straight to hell.
ROOOOOOOOOOFLLLLLLLLL
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It only really allows Sanada to defeat Yukimura and Echizen, as the Big 4 are all too far above Sanada for him to catch up using it.

So I guess it probably isn't that broken.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I make it easier for Sherlock and he punches me in the face and says "Yeah, I'll just forget about what you just did"

And Sanada's Aura really isn't that broken if you think about it. I mean all we know of it in the manga is that it is pretty much PoP Sanada style. I could have written "Sanada automatically wins" but I added points instead. Besides, Sanada would only use it in the manga if the character he plays pushes him to his limits(IE: higher level) So I mean I'd say it's pretty legit considering his point value and what not.



ROOOOOOOOOOFLLLLLLLLL
Lol, I actually liked that you made it easier for me. It's just that I wasn't used to it. Like, most people just send me their lineups and I gotta go get the effects on the list. Those practice matches are actually helping me get used to this new format.

My problem with Sanada's aura is that every time a character who is usually weaker than him pushes him down, he goes back up.

Say, Tezuka vs Sanada. Tezuka uses auras to make him weaker.
Sanada's effect activates, he wins.

But yeah, I suppose it wouldn't make much difference. Even Yukimura and Echizen can still win, depending on which effects/auras they pick.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Just one thing. Koharu + Hitouji + 2 Gay Pride is 41.5 points (16+15.5+5+5=41.5), not 36.5. Anyway, good victory Fayte. Poor Arai, I'd like to change him to Sakuno.

I think there are still a few overpowered characters:Sanada, Bunta, Zaizen and Kabaji (Kabaji should cost points, even if in the match he has the same points).

And I want an effect for the incredible, awesome and amazing doubles pair Richard & Kadowaki, a.k.a FacepalmPair
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Just one thing. Koharu + Hitouji + 2 Gay Pride is 41.5 points (16+15.5+5+5=41.5), not 36.5. Anyway, good victory Fayte. Poor Arai, I'd like to change him to Sakuno
I'm fairly sure the effect only activates once, right Fayte?
Otherwise that means my Golden Pair reaches 70 points, lol.

If everyone else agrees, I think we can make a Sakuno for you. I kinda feel sorry for you, since you have BOTH Richard and Kadowaki.

Me and Atobe had only one of those and we ended up at the bottom of the ranking haha.

How about this, Fayte?

Sakuno[2]
Girly girl[Feat]: Characters drop 10 points when playing against her[singles only]
Ryoma-kun![Feat]: If opponent is Echizen, Sakuno automatically wins.


Just one thing. Koharu + Hitouji + 2 Gay Pride is 41.5 points (16+15.5+5+5=41.5), not 36.5. Anyway, good victory Fayte. Poor Arai, I'd like to change him to Sakuno.

I think there are still a few overpowered characters:Sanada, Bunta, Zaizen and Kabaji (Kabaji should cost points, even if in the match he has the same points).

And I want an effect for the incredible, awesome and amazing doubles pair Richard & Kadowaki, a.k.a FacepalmPair
Kabaji is only useful in doubles. He is dead weight in singles, anyone with a good effect can beat him. If you know you are up against Fayte, throwing 2 weak doubles is pretty much a guaranteed way of beating Kabaji.

Bunta...He goes up to 30 points when playing doubles. Not that bad. No reason to change it, there are much more overpowered characters.

Though I wish Kikumaru/Oishi had a better feat when playing doubles. The best doubles pair of pot gets less increase when playing doubles than Jackal/Marui?

But again, they have Synchro so they would be broken if they had it.

Zaizen on the other hand...Yeeeah, he is a little broken. We have to nerf him. His old effect was better.(If Zaizen's opponent gets his leveled raised, Zaizen's level gets raised instead. Singles only. I think it was something like that) cool, useful, but not broken.

Doubling it? a 44 point character seems a little...Yeah.

Also, as for Sanada...How about we make his aura only usable on Singles? That should make him easier to predict, and therefore less broken.

...But yeah you definitely deserve something for being stuck with those two dead weights.
 
Last edited:

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm fairly sure the effect only activates once, right Fayte?
Otherwise that means my Golden Pair reaches 70 points, lol.

If everyone else agrees, I think we can make a Sakuno for you. I kinda feel sorry for you, since you have BOTH Richard and Kadowaki.

Me and Atobe had only one of those and we ended up at the bottom of the ranking haha.

How about this, Fayte?


<hr noshade size="1">


Kabaji is only useful in doubles. He is dead weight in singles, anyone with a good effect can beat him. If you know you are up against Fayte, throwing 2 weak doubles is pretty much a guaranteed way of beating Kabaji.

Bunta...He goes up to 30 points when playing doubles. Not that bad. No reason to change it, there are much more overpowered characters.

Though I wish Kikumaru/Oishi had a better feat when playing doubles. The best doubles pair of pot gets less increase when playing doubles than Jackal/Marui?

But again, they have Synchro so they would be broken if they had it.

Zaizen on the other hand...Yeeeah, he is a little broken. We have to nerf him. His old effect was better.(If Zaizen's opponent gets his leveled raised, Zaizen's level gets raised instead. Singles only. I think it was something like that) cool, useful, but not broken.

Doubling it? a 44 point character seems a little...Yeah.

Also, as for Sanada...How about we make his aura only usable on Singles? That should make him easier to predict, and therefore less broken.

...But yeah you definitely deserve something for being stuck with those two dead weights.
Maybe Kabaji's issue is right, but that makes him a doubles specialist, and in Real PoT, he isn´t.
About Sakuno, I ask her the first. My Singles 1 would be much better with her than with Arai.
I think both doubles effects should be counted. Ok, Golden Pair would get a lot of points, but they are the Ryoga of the doubles world, and Ryoga is 65.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Maybe Kabaji's issue is right, but that makes him a doubles specialist, and in Real PoT, he isn´t.
About Sakuno, I ask her the first. My Singles 1 would be much better with her than with Arai.
I think both doubles effects should be counted. Ok, Golden Pair would get a lot of points, but they are the Ryoga of the doubles world, and Ryoga is 65.
Well, but even in doubles he is easily bested.

For example:

Oishi(10)+Kikumaru(12) vs Kabaji+Tezuka(27)
Kabaji copies Kikumaru
Oishi(10)+Kikumaru(12) vs Kabaji(12)+Tezuka(27)
Feats activate
Oishi(15)+Kikumaru(17) vs Kabaji(15)+Tezuka(27)
Effects activate
Oishi+Kikumaru(52 )vs Tezuka+Kabaji(42)
Of course, that is just an example. Tezuka's aura could still change the outcome of the match.

Maybe we could make something like "Kabaji copies the weakest" instead of the strongest, or something like "Kabaji copies the opponent on the same spot as him"

Example:

Kikumaru+Oishi vs Tezuka+Kabaji
Kabaji would copy Oishi because he is listed second, and so is Kabaji.

Kikumaru+Oishi vs Kabaji+Tezuka

Kabaji would copy Kikumaru because they are listed first.

I don't know. I don't feel he needs a nerf...Let's see what everyone else thinks.

As for the golden pair/hitouji...
I really don't think their effects should be counted twice.

I think we can make a Sakuno for you. You definitely need something to balance things out, you have Richard and Kadowaki for god's sake.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
If Kabaji is better in doubles than singles, it simply doesn´t fit with the philoshopy of the character. I see it very simply.

And I think we should consider and improve doubles bonus: Golden Pair,Silver Pair, Inui-Kaidoh, Momo-Kaidoh, Funny Pair, Amane and Kurobane, Chinen and Rin,Jimmies...well, all the doubles pairs

Jirou should have a Feat that makes him impossible to be copied by Kabaji or Nioh
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Jiro already has.
Jiro(18) Hinata Fan
-Flexible Wrists[Feat]: Jiro gets boosted 5 points.
-Volley Master[Effect]: If Jiro plays doubles, team gets boosted 5 points.

See? Kabaji can't copy either Feats or Effects.
So Kabaji would have 18 points, and Jiro would have 23. Jiro wins!

Nioh doesn't have a copying ability in the fan league, by the way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top