Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Crap, it seems like if Atobe uses his big 3 in singles, he is guaranteed a win over Hinata. Fuck.
Even VS Oni?
Oni + 2 Strong Doubles wouldn´t be enough?

Well, Hinata victory changes many things:
1) Fayte is human. I simply can not believe it.
2) The fight to reach the fourth place (New Sherlock Remastered Version is my favourite to be Third) is everyday more interesting

Sherlock, enjoy your life if you aren´t still in the university. That place it's a hell (well, it's it if you are studying engineering like me)
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Even VS Oni?
Oni + 2 Strong Doubles wouldn´t be enough?

Well, Hinata victory changes many things:
1) Fayte is human. I simply can not believe it.
2) The fight to reach the fourth place (New Sherlock Remastered Version is my favourite to be Third) is everyday more interesting

Sherlock, enjoy your life if you aren´t still in the university. That place it's a hell (well, it's it if you are studying engineering like me)
Ah, I did engineering it wasn't hell. Wait till you get a real job with poor specs and you pretty much have to make up everything on the spot but if you goof millions of dollars go down the tube while they gimped your pay thanks to a salary freeze. :p No, I'm not bitter, granted, actually getting paid to work is a nice change.

Also, Atobe is unstoppable we are all doomed.
 
Last edited:

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One thing I'm beginning to notice. The doubles increases are way too high for most characters, and now Zaizen is useless in doubles if the opponent just takes off an effect of the higher character, and Kabaji is useless being he just copies someone who is like level 11 and then that same person jumps to like level 28 for doubles. Not only that, you guys wouldn't let me do exactly what he does. Copy Effects. So I'm going to be making some serious nerfs after this season. It is too unbalanced at the moment. (Like I had a feeling it would be)

Yes, some characters need doubles boosts. No they will not beat characters who are on another level entirely. That isn't how it would work in the manga.
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ah, I did engineering it wasn't hell. Wait till you get a real job with poor specs and you pretty much have to make up everything on the spot but if you goof millions of dollars go down the tube while they gimped your pay thanks to a salary freeze. :p No, I'm not bitter, granted, actually getting paid to work is a nice change.

Also, Atobe is unstoppable we are all doomed.
Indeed. There is no way Hinata Fan is using Oni in singles, because he is DEFINITELY going to think Atobe wouldn't try to go with all singles due to fear of Oni.

Our only hope is if Atobe puts one of his big 3 in doubles...If he goes all singles though, given how Hinata Fan thinks, we are doomed indeed.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One thing I'm beginning to notice. The doubles increases are way too high for most characters, and now Zaizen is useless in doubles if the opponent just takes off an effect of the higher character, and Kabaji is useless being he just copies someone who is like level 11 and then that same person jumps to like level 28 for doubles. Not only that, you guys wouldn't let me do exactly what he does. Copy Effects. So I'm going to be making some serious nerfs after this season. It is too unbalanced at the moment. (Like I had a feeling it would be)

Yes, some characters need doubles boosts. No they will not beat characters who are on another level entirely. That isn't how it would work in the manga.
True, I agree with you completely there are tons of chars that are completely over powered when you view them to the manga. However, didn't we do some of this so that everyone could have a fair shot at winning the Fan League? I think we all have a few semi-useless chars, so you having two isn't terrible.

I mean first, Mizuki tying with Chitose with PoP? Seriously??? I think it is possible for Yagyuu to lose to Krauser but dang that's tough to swallow after Kirihara beat him.

Also, for re balancing rather than nerfing everyone. You could use a method that Magic does. Example.

Nioh costs 23 points. His base power is also 23. but his ability makes him a 33 (23+10). I am giving his ability some arbitrary number lets say 10.

We could use the tier system to say that Echizen (40 + Skills) + 50. So everyone in SS tier should get around 50 points (Echizen/Yuki). Now S tier right below him could get like 45 points so, Sanada (30 + skills) = 45. That would keep things more balanced in my opinion like Zaizen right now his ability is useless but he only costs 20. I think since he is probably around B or C teir he should only get like 35 to 30 total points.

Big 4 - 80 ( Ryoga simply costs to much..we may not use a teir system for the big 4 because they cost too freaking much)
SS - (50) - Echizen/Yuki
S - (45) - Sanada/Atobe
A - (40) - Fuji/Renji/Kintarou
B - (35) - Nioh/Yagyuu/Kirihara

ect, ect, but again this is just a suggestion. Also, this is just an example to actually implement this...I'd have to build another spread sheet.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One thing I'm beginning to notice. The doubles increases are way too high for most characters, and now Zaizen is useless in doubles if the opponent just takes off an effect of the higher character, and Kabaji is useless being he just copies someone who is like level 11 and then that same person jumps to like level 28 for doubles. Not only that, you guys wouldn't let me do exactly what he does. Copy Effects. So I'm going to be making some serious nerfs after this season. It is too unbalanced at the moment. (Like I had a feeling it would be)

Yes, some characters need doubles boosts. No they will not beat characters who are on another level entirely. That isn't how it would work in the manga.
Given that Kabaji is free, I think he's extremely useful. The fact that a free character can essentially get a huge point boost every single match is pretty powerful.

As far as Zaizen in doubles goes, he can also be effective in psyching the opponent out. There are lots of players who if they don't use their strongest effect in doubles they wouldn't be able to win.

I think there are some effects and feats which are overpowered, but I generally think most of them have been working out alright. I do think that both Ishida (who is on my team) and Taka are a tad over powered. Yes, the Hadokyuu is strong, but it's essentially putting them around 30 points in singles, which seems kind of ridiculous.
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
One thing I'm beginning to notice. The doubles increases are way too high for most characters, and now Zaizen is useless in doubles if the opponent just takes off an effect of the higher character, and Kabaji is useless being he just copies someone who is like level 11 and then that same person jumps to like level 28 for doubles. Not only that, you guys wouldn't let me do exactly what he does. Copy Effects. So I'm going to be making some serious nerfs after this season. It is too unbalanced at the moment. (Like I had a feeling it would be)

Yes, some characters need doubles boosts. No they will not beat characters who are on another level entirely. That isn't how it would work in the manga.
Kabaji is useless in doubles, true. Could he copy effects? Maybe we could let him, if his effect only worked on singles. We have never seen him playing doubles before, we don't know if it works in doubles.
Maybe he could copy his partner in doubles, instead of his opponent?

Also, if he could indeed copy effects, his power feat would have to be dropped at least by one point, otherwise he would be IMPOSSIBLE to beat. After all, most feats only boost people 3 points.

Kabaji isn't really that good as he is now, but Fayte you gotta remember, he costed zero points.

I think there are some effects and feats which are overpowered, but I generally think most of them have been working out alright. I do think that both Ishida (who is on my team) and Taka are a tad over powered. Yes, the Hadokyuu is strong, but it's essentially putting them around 30 points in singles, which seems kind of ridiculous.
I wouldn't say that. Half of people's characters can negate effects. In the manga, Taka IS ridiculously powerful...Until someone negates Hadokyuu. Then he goes all "oh crap" and loses miserably. Which happens nearly every match.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Jav, you might as well post your lineup to get on with it, I know you want to wait for Ravsieg, but he can take awhile.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kabaji is useless in doubles, true. Could he copy effects? Maybe we could let him, if his effect only worked on singles. We have never seen him playing doubles before, we don't know if it works in doubles.
Maybe he could copy his partner in doubles, instead of his opponent?

Also, if he could indeed copy effects, his power feat would have to be dropped at least by one point, otherwise he would be IMPOSSIBLE to beat. After all, most feats only boost people 3 points.

Kabaji isn't really that good as he is now, but Fayte you gotta remember, he costed zero points.


I wouldn't say that. Half of people's characters can negate effects. In the manga, Taka IS ridiculously powerful...Until someone negates Hadokyuu. Then he goes all "oh crap" and loses miserably. Which happens nearly every match.
Didn't Kabaji copy one of the effects of Atkushi Ryo in the St. Rudolf match? Or am I just remember anime junk? His I'm gonna smash but really its me spinning mid air to drop volley? I don't know if that's a special move though, but Kabaji did copy it.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Didn't Kabaji copy one of the effects of Atkushi Ryo in the St. Rudolf match? Or am I just remember anime junk? His I'm gonna smash but really its me spinning mid air to drop volley? I don't know if that's a special move though, but Kabaji did copy it.
He did. The problem is, if we let him copy effects on the league, he will be almost invincible....Despite costing 0 points.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He did. The problem is, if we let him copy effects on the league, he will be almost invincible....Despite costing 0 points.
Yeah, then I agree with your original statement his feat would have to be +2...otherwise he's by near impossible to beat. Granted, at +2 most people will beat him. That's the problem with kabaji, either we make him strong enough to beat everyone or strong enough to beat no one.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At this point I'm not focused on what seems broken. Yes Kabaji costs no points, but he is impossible to give a level to. He is essentially just the person he plays. There really is no other way to create him.

I'm focused on what is more realistic to the manga. There is no way Ishida or Taka is doing anything against Krauser in singles, yet they would win. So I'm going to do a lot of changes and you guys tell me what is realistic to the manga when it comes to characters we KNOW wouldn't beat another.
------------------

As for Kabaji, I have an accurate singles down. Being Kabaji is a power player, he needs to have his +3 for power. It seems broken but it is accurate. Now I need an accurate doubles. Which seems most accurate? We know the only time Kabaji played doubles was with Atobe.

-If he plays doubles, he becomes the same level as the highest leveled opponent and copies that persons [Effect] If that person does not have one, Kabaji copies the opponent that does have one.

-If he plays doubles, he becomes the same level as his partner and copies his partner's [Effect].

-If he plays doubles, he becomes the same level as his partner and copies the [Effect] of the higher (or lower) opponent [Effect].
 
Last edited:

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm going to do a lot of changes and you guys tell me what is realistic to the manga when it comes to characters we KNOW wouldn't beat another.
Atobe can beat Tezuka.
Fuji can beat Tezuka (if he uses Technician), no matter what Tezuka has.
Tachibana can beat Shiraishi - possible actually, this is a hard one though!

Haha, all my own players I know, I quick searched.


Kabaji can copy peoples technique, therefore effects.

-If he plays doubles, he becomes the same level as his partner and copies the [Effect] of the higher (or lower) opponent [Effect].
That double team would own if it was same level as partner. Perhaps same level as lowest lvl opponent and highest level opponent effect? Or opposite?
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
One thing I'm beginning to notice. The doubles increases are way too high for most characters, and now Zaizen is useless in doubles if the opponent just takes off an effect of the higher character, and Kabaji is useless being he just copies someone who is like level 11 and then that same person jumps to like level 28 for doubles. Not only that, you guys wouldn't let me do exactly what he does. Copy Effects. So I'm going to be making some serious nerfs after this season. It is too unbalanced at the moment. (Like I had a feeling it would be)

Yes, some characters need doubles boosts. No they will not beat characters who are on another level entirely. That isn't how it would work in the manga.
I agree with that. Having boosts of 20 or so is ridiculous for almost everyone, that's why I limited the boosts in my system to 10.

Nevertheless, there are some Pairs that should get high points, namely the ones on National Level. That's why I came up with the Formations
as they give a bonus that actually regards the Pairs level.

As it is now a random character combinantion of two halfway decent characters can beat Silver Pair easily, something that's absolutely unrealistic.

Also, regarding Formations, what about these:

Two up [Formation]: The Pair is boosted 3 points.

Two Back [Formation]:
The effect of the weaker opponent is negated.

Standard Formation [Formation]:
The opponents [Formation] is negated.

Australian Formation [Formation]:
If the other Pair is within 10 points, their effects are negated.

I Formation [Formation]:
Choose one: when the opponent has an activated Aura, their Effects are negated OR, when the opponent has an activated Effect, their Auras are negated.

I can't think of something better for I Formation at the moment, sorry.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At this point I'm not focused on what seems broken. Yes Kabaji costs no points, but he is impossible to give a level to. He is essentially just the person he plays. There really is no other way to create him.

I'm focused on what is more realistic to the manga. There is no way Ishida or Taka is doing anything against Krauser in singles, yet they would win. So I'm going to do a lot of changes and you guys tell me what is realistic to the manga when it comes to characters we KNOW wouldn't beat another.
------------------

As for Kabaji, I have an accurate singles down. Being Kabaji is a power player, he needs to have his +3 for power. It seems broken but it is accurate. Now I need an accurate doubles. Which seems most accurate? We know the only time Kabaji played doubles was with Atobe.

-If he plays doubles, he becomes the same level as the highest leveled opponent and copies that persons [Effect] If that person does not have one, Kabaji copies the opponent that does have one.

-If he plays doubles, he becomes the same level as his partner and copies his partner's [Effect].

-If he plays doubles, he becomes the same level as his partner and copies the [Effect] of the higher (or lower) opponent [Effect].
Then I suggest the tier system but remember its not like this is actually how strong each of them are, it's just a fan league. Either that or separate their cost and power. I don't think having one stat for both allows for easy balancing. But again why is it so important making things realistic?

I think this balancing will actually gimp more owners than help them. A lot of us kind of got last pick on a lot of our players, so, yeah they should be weaker, but it makes it so some people can actually win. I really don't care much but I just like to keep things fair.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Then I suggest the tier system but remember its not like this is actually how strong each of them are, it's just a fan league. Either that or separate their cost and power. I don't think having one stat for both allows for easy balancing. But again why is it so important making things realistic?

I think this balancing will actually gimp more owners than help them. A lot of us kind of got last pick on a lot of our players, so, yeah they should be weaker, but it makes it so some people can actually win. I really don't care much but I just like to keep things fair.
Well, we have so many players that it's near to impossible to balance it out perfectly.

Maybe we could somewhat use one custom character per team, resulting in each of us having eight players rather than seven. Not only would it be harder to guess which line-up the opponent will use, we could also use them to balance things out a bit.
Maybe we could make a ranking that contains everyones team and depending on the position in the ranking your new player gets more or less points.
Also, they could get a boost of two or three points whenever they win.
And when you rach a certain point you get an effect or something.
Just an idea though.
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like the reserve player idea..some line ups are too easy too read.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Coming to think of it, Sherlock, will the number of participants stay the same next season or is there a possible newcomer?
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think we should first finish this League.
Before the next one, we could make the changes. As I see right now, the problems or things to resolve are:

-Players boosted/nerfed if we compare his level in PoT (for ex, Kenya/Kamio)

- Doubles, in general. I would mix the Doubles effects with [Formations]

- Coaches. Better than make a new player per team, they would make the line-up more unreadable (for ex, Ryuzaki gives a boost of 10 points to a player; your opponent won´t know who will receive the points). I have a lot of ideas about this topic

And just one thing: please edit Hitouji and Koharu and argue if you accept new Reiji 2.0, created and aproved by Sherlock (Reiji 1.0 was a character who'd lose VS 9-11 opponents with less points than him)
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think we should first finish this League.
Before the next one, we could make the changes. As I see right now, the problems or things to resolve are:

-Players boosted/nerfed if we compare his level in PoT (for ex, Kenya/Kamio)

- Doubles, in general. I would mix the Doubles effects with [Formations]

- Coaches. Better than make a new player per team, they would make the line-up more unreadable (for ex, Ryuzaki gives a boost of 10 points to a player; your opponent won´t know who will receive the points). I have a lot of ideas about this topic
Naturally, we'll finish this season before agreeing on any new rules, but as long as there are no matches we can just as well discuss things a bit now. That way, it won't take that long after the season.

Furthermore I'd like to hear some more about the coaches, could you post it or pm me?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top