Games Fate/Grand Order

mr.potato here

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
242
Age
25
Country
India
So people, are you enjoying Saber wars? What is your current status? How much artorium have you collected by now? How many Apples have you used by now?:)
I am currently having approximately 309k artorium which is pretty decent from my point of view. By now I have used only 2 apples and I am still having 62 more but I wouldn't be planning to use until I feel that I am having less artorium to get the last heart.
I have finally made a team which may be the best for grinding. As of support, Its gonna be just Monika Okita because of her insane np that helps to take down scathach.

BTW its just raining hearts.


 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm enjoying it quite a bit, though it's going to be a bummer when it ends and Mordred loses all her insane attack bonuses and stops doing an unbuffed 50k+ with every regular attack.:p

Also going to miss seeing her NP hit for 300k+ on Scathach.:gaw

That said, it's a little bit of a strange event reward-wise at least for me. Mainly because the servant and CE's aren't actually very good. That's not to say the rewards in general are bad but I feel like I've been so spoiled by awesome free servants and event CE's that it seems strange to be playing an event where I don't really care about either much. And I can't imagine using either outside of this event.

In terms of progress I'm at 323k Which is about where your at. I have used 4-5 apples since I played a bunch while I was watching football over the weekend. I've beaten all the missions and am just farming the Scathach while hoping for some more heart drops(2 so far).
 

mr.potato here

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
242
Age
25
Country
India
I'm enjoying it quite a bit, though it's going to be a bummer when it ends and Mordred loses all her insane attack bonuses and stops doing an unbuffed 50k+ with every regular attack.:p

Also going to miss seeing her NP hit for 300k+ on Scathach.:gaw
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the event to the fullest. Even I'll be pretty upset after this event ends and we will not get +200% damage.
My okita support does 600k and Salter does 500k combined. So it's super easy for me to take down scathach.
That said, it's a little bit of a strange event reward-wise at least for me. Mainly because the servant and CE's aren't actually very good. That's not to say the rewards in general are bad but I feel like I've been so spoiled by awesome free servants and event CE's that it seems strange to be playing an event where I don't really care about either much. And I can't imagine using either outside of this event.
I have not given this event that much thought mainly because I am only doing this event for hearts and sq. By now I have so many vacuum tubes that I don't know what to do. Currently having 608 tubes with all Phoenix plums and scales. I may not even grind because it's raining heart for me.
In terms of progress I'm at 323k Which is about where your at. I have used 4-5 apples since I played a bunch while I was watching football over the weekend. I've beaten all the missions and am just farming the Scathach while hoping for some more heart drops(2 so far).
Glad to hear that we are pretty close. If not I would have grinded all night. For last 3 days, I wasn't able to give the game quite attention because of dokidoki literature club. Monika just gets on my mind and moreover I can't get over yuri's death.
After I am done with dokidoki gonna grind on jeanne quest to get transistors and get all exp and fous .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So guys, how many arthorium have you collected by now. Did you grind because I didn't? Only 2-3 days are remaining.
I am now having 986k arthorium. Not grinding because now I have enough hearts thanks to scathach mission. Gonna use rest of 70 apples during jalter event because of lottery mini game.
As of what's next we will be getting waifu.
Are you guys interested in rolling for her? I am not because I already have scathach :hearts. The only reason I am interested is because of Saint quartz.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm at just over a million and similar to you potato I'm not really going to grind hard for much more. The extra hearts would nice(you can never have enough) but I'm all grinded out for this event and ready to move on to something else.

As for Brynhilder. Love her character design but I have other priorities for my quartz. Plus, like you, I'm pretty happy with my Lancers. Nobody quite as awesome as Scathach but Titoria Alter and Liz are more than good enough for me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Last boss fight wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. 3.3 mil HP sounded like a lot but it went flying down with all the attack bonuses on Saber units. I didn't even end up using command spells.
 

mr.potato here

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
242
Age
25
Country
India
Last boss fight wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. 3.3 mil HP sounded like a lot but it went flying down with all the attack bonuses on Saber units. I didn't even end up using command spells.
yup same here, but compared to you I ended up using 2 command spell maybe because of lack of sabers to counter her.:hmmbut had fun firing 4 np consecutively.currently at 1.34M arthorium and having 27 hearts and 38 scales. I don't want anything else from this event. The only thing left in my shop is fous , fangs, proof of hero and pieces. So wouldn't farm again.
This event is a treasure box for those who want Mona Lisa CE because you can easily get more than 600 prisms with a little grind. This week it's gonna rain quartz:hearts and summon tickets. currently having 44 sq can't believe that I was broke 15 days ago.As of tomorrow, have you guys decided which portrait are you gonna choose. I am in a tough position can't decide between Jeanne, Attila or Scathach. most likely it's gonna be Scathach as always. I don't think anyone would go for Mefesto, Darius or Arjuna. For now, gonna do salter and Vlad interlude.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
She is coming!! Umu bride is gonna come on Feb most likely on 1st or 2nd. It's a pity that I can't roll for her or maybe I can.
She is gonna be the best Saber till miyamoto release. So she is worth rolling for.
Let me know which portrait you choose. I can't decide because all look good to me.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You'll have another chance at her during the Nero Event rerun I believe. So there will be more chances to get her.

As for which CE I'll go for. Probably Mash. The artwork is cool on all of them but I feel like the main heroine of FGO is Mash.
 

mr.potato here

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
242
Age
25
Country
India
You'll have another chance at her during the Nero Event rerun I believe. So there will be more chances to get her.

As for which CE I'll go for. Probably Mash. The artwork is cool on all of them but I feel like the main heroine of FGO is Mash.
I am not sure which one to choose because arthoria, mash and jeanne CE are equally good in design for me. But my heart says to go for scathach.
That's why, I don't know whom to choose : great design or waifu. Lucky that we have six more days to make this tough decision because all are limited.
As of the position of Saber in my party, I wanted to give it to mushashi but there is a long wait for her.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am not sure which one to choose because arthoria, mash and jeanne CE are equally good in design for me. But my heart says to go for scathach.
That's why, I don't know whom to choose : great design or waifu. Lucky that we have six more days to make this tough decision because all are limited.
As of the position of Saber in my party, I wanted to give it to mushashi but there is a long wait for her.
When in doubt follow your heart. Go waifu.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I mean, if Moedred was an option I wouldn't even hesitate. Not for a split second.:amuse
 

mr.potato here

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
242
Age
25
Country
India
When in doubt follow your heart. Go waifu.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I mean, if Moedred was an option I wouldn't even hesitate. Not for a split second.:amuse
Haha, I Knew you would say that and use mo-chan for example. :D
I'll make that decision tonight after I get rid of my college work. And gonna use 260 ap to get exp card to level tamamo and pages for Vlad ascension.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well I had pretty bad luck drop-wise, I think I had 5 or 6 heart drops, while others had 20 lol...

but overall I was just fine with the event. Managed to clear the shop easily and got everything from the Arturium points too, didn't even need apples besides the two or so I used on the first day. I'm glad the event's over though, I got tired of the Scathach node :XD

Not going to roll for Brynhild, I'm more than happy with my Titoria Alter. Now I'm really looking forward to the Valentines event, time to gather all the CEs and hopefully pull Nero Bride. Doubt I will do more than 2 or 3 pulls though, I want her but I know my chance will come again, and I don't want to use any money knowing Jalter isn't far away, haha.
 

mr.potato here

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
242
Age
25
Country
India
Now that valentines event has started, I am excited to know your views about this event and your plans.
I have started grinding. used 1 golden apple, 1 Silver apple, and 2 bronze apple. Used 5 summon tickets in hope to get Event CE ( never hoped for bride because tickets only give trash.:(). Got 2 Ryuodo temple CE, 1 bike CE, 1 Medea, and Medusa.:facepalm
Start with Checking what's new got eyegasm after seeing scathach interlude is now available. The drops were superb and full of rare stuff.


Gonna Do Tamamo Interlude later. Her interlude upgrade is gonna work best with vlad. BTW thank you for making interested in Vlad, It was worth choosing him and with tamamo, his double damage problem is also solved.:)
After finishing the interlude started the event and bride try. later used the ticket to roll. Then for an hour and two, grinded on 40 AP lancer/archer/saber quest. managed to collect 350 chocolates but used them all on forbidden pages for Vlad's ascension. Later, got Scathach and Salter Chocolate.
My view is that this event is gonna be fairly easy compared to other events mainly because the drop rates are just insane approximately 26 drops on 40 AP.
As of my plans, The first thing I am gonna get is scathach.Salter, Tamamo, Kiyohime (only because it's hilarious) and maybe Jeanne CE. Then comes Pages, and other Item of this event including fous and monuments even though I have plenty of them.
After I am done with CE's, Gonna sell all my choco-coins to get chocolates to get other items. and If I am done with them too, gonna go back to CE's.:mono
Can't wait to see Rolls you guys are gonna do especially @niichan because your luck is just beyond my reach.:p
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The event quest is great so far. Blackbeard is rapidly becoming a favorite character of mine. What a man.:XD

In terms of which valentines I'm targeting...I think you can guess. Moedred. The rest I'm just going to get if I feel like it. I'm going to take a pretty relaxed approach to this event because I've got all my 4 star and above servants max leveled and the 5 stars max fou'd too. So I probably won't grind this one too much. Probably...

I'm sticking to not doing any rolls of the dice for Nero Bride or event CE's. We've gotten a ton of quartz and tickets lately but I feel like later on I'm going to need every bit of it in order to have a chance at the stuff I really want. Namely Jalter. Raikou, Martha(Ruler), and Artria(Archer). Nero Bride does seem like a great servant though.
 

mr.potato here

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
242
Age
25
Country
India
The event quest is great so far. Blackbeard is rapidly becoming a favorite character of mine. What a man.:XD
Haha, true first Saber wars and now valentines. His character gets more and more better as more event come by.
In terms of which valentines I'm targeting...I think you can guess. Moedred.
You never had to tell me that, I already knew that you were only aiming for mo-chan. :p I'm pretty impressed that you have maxed out most of them. I have only done for few because I too picky in term of servants.:)
I'm sticking to not doing any rolls of the dice for Nero Bride or event CE's. We've gotten a ton of quartz and tickets lately but I feel like later on I'm going to need every bit of it in order to have a chance at the stuff I really want. Namely Jalter. Raikou, Martha(Ruler), and Artria(Archer). Nero Bride does seem like a great servant though.
True, here trail made me think she wasn't worth it. I have decent amount of sq at least 80 thanks to my new year mistake.
The servants I am planning to roll for are
Jalter ( not sure if she's worth it)
Raikou
Free scathach in mizugi :hearts
Martha sounds great but depends on my sq
More and more scathach till she is np 5
And if possible
King hassan and Sakura gozen.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You never had to tell me that, I already knew that you were only aiming for mo-chan. :p I'm pretty impressed that you have maxed out most of them. I have only done for few because I too picky in term of servants.:)
Well, only one servant truely matters to me.


True, here trail made me think she wasn't worth it. I have decent amount of sq at least 80 thanks to my new year mistake.
The servants I am planning to roll for are
Jalter ( not sure if she's worth it)
Raikou
Free scathach in mizugi :hearts
Martha sounds great but depends on my sq
More and more scathach till she is np 5
And if possible
King hassan and Sakura gozen.
Yeah, it's going to depend a lot on how my luck goes during the Jalter event too.

I had a little left over from my Moedred run and what I spent getting Titoria. So I'm stilling on 24 tickets and 237 SQ. Which is going to give me a reasonable shot at Jalter. The tricky bit is going to be Raikou and summer event servants. Because those events are close to one another. So the odds of getting everything I want from the Raikou banner and the summer banners aren't great unless I go into those with a huge surplus of SQ.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Have to say I really enjoy the way they keep introducing new mechanics into these events. Like during Saber Wars it was the servant power ups for Saber Class this time it's the choco drop CE thing.

Like it took me a bit to realize that every couple hours a different servant class goes on rate up for each farming mission. I find stuff like that cool because it forces us to vary our teams and CE equips more than we otherwise would. So your not just playing the same mission the same way and need to fully utilize your servant roster.

Also like the sheer number of drops. The number of event items isn't actually that different but killing something and seeing it drop like 3 or 4 things just feels better than 1 thing that has a x6 attached to it.
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well I did three 10 rolls, and all of them were pretty bad... I was without quartz and utterly disappointed. I just couldn't let it end like that, so I bought enough quartz for one more 10 roll:


Yeah, don't think I need to mention how I felt after this... :XD
First 5* I really wanted that answered my call, if only things will go that well with Jalter, too. One can dream :D

And I'm with you Jammin, I like that they come up with new stuff each time, no event felt like the copy of another. Ofc there's only so much you can do, but from what I know we will get a lot more interesting game mechanics. Time to gather all the chocolate CEs I can get my hands on :mono
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
What nii forgot to say (I don't blame him though, because it would make him look like an asshole) is that we decided to meet on Slack and pull together three times. After our utter shitty pulls, we mourned together until he decided to pay some money and got Nero as the first pull of his fourth multiroll. He literally left me alone to die with my sadness and sorrow.


 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What nii forgot to say (I don't blame him though, because it would make him look like an asshole) is that we decided to meet on Slack and pull together three times. After our utter shitty pulls, we mourned together until he decided to pay some money and got Nero as the first pull of his fourth multiroll. He literally left me alone to die with my sadness and sorrow.


There, there syx.:comfort

It is a horrible thing to be betrayed by your own species.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I sat down and farmed up all the store CE's yesterday which was pretty fun except for one thing. There is one nagging irritation about these event missions were designed. Why is the Saber/Lancer/Archer 40 AP more annoyingly set up than the Caster/Assasin/Rider/Berserker 40 AP?

I say this because of Wave 2 which is a single Dragon. Meaning you only get one set of drops from that whole wave. And if it comes up as like a Lancer when you've got a team full Archers you have to deal with potentially 3 AOE attacks per turn which are super annoying.:notrust

Where on the other side for wave 2 you get a pair of choco servants and a demon. Which is much less annoying to deal with even if they pop up in undesirable classes and gives you a full 3 sets of drops as a reward.
 

mr.potato here

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
242
Age
25
Country
India
I sat down and farmed up all the store CE's yesterday which was pretty fun except for one thing. There is one nagging irritation about these event missions were designed. Why is the Saber/Lancer/Archer 40 AP more annoyingly set up than the Caster/Assasin/Rider/Berserker 40 AP?

I say this because of Wave 2 which is a single Dragon. Meaning you only get one set of drops from that whole wave. And if it comes up as like a Lancer when you've got a team full Archers you have to deal with potentially 3 AOE attacks per turn which are super annoying.:notrust

Where on the other side for wave 2 you get a pair of choco servants and a demon. Which is much less annoying to deal with even if they pop up in undesirable classes and gives you a full 3 sets of drops as a reward
Indeed, you receive far less chocolate boxes and coins in s/l/a quest compared to the horsemen one. I got around 28 drops in s/l/a quest and at least 36 drops from horsemen. The difference is 8 drops which may sound less but after calculating with CE bonus. It's
8 drops x 2 choco-coins per drop x 7 CE bonus = 112 coin which is a lot and after considering the percentage of getting other drop its around 65-80 coins.
BTW its great to know that you have collected all CE. I have yet to get tamamo and kiyohime chocolate. Jeanne chocolate is difficult to get as 'all coin' is very rare or maybe she is shy Saint. No problem they will have rate up.
Its pretty hilarious that every male servant even Emiya is making stupid excuse for not getting chocolate. Poor nursery rhyme getting bad ending every child fear of. Shakespeare summoning ' Brock the dentist' made my day. She don't need to worry about tea party. Only got to wait for a year for me to make a loli team. :pleased
Poor @syx , just wanna inform you, EX luck God @niichan Sama has recently maxed bride's level
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just letting you guys know about my current Status
The rider drop is just the best. The hearts just keep on spoofing me. 40 drops:hearts

Got my first melty choco CE yesterday and again a heart. This event just game me around 5-6 hearts:cheez

Beginning of new year, I had 0 hearts and look at me now. Hoping that It wouldn't take my summoning luck.:hmph

Currently, having around 3200+ Chocolates don't know where to spend.
 
Top