Games Fate/Grand Order

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,639
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
UUUUOOOH A MOVIE ADAPTING CAMELOT! :zomg :wtf (by Production I.G.)



And a TV ANIME for Babylonia in 2019, thank god we will get that chapter next, before the anime airs :XD


Looks nice for a teaser, too. That Gil...

Seems a bit of a weird move to skip Orleans/Rome/Okeanos/London/America, but Camelot and Babylonia are the by far most loved chapters, so I can understand why they did that. Here's hoping they won't rush Camelot, as there's a lot to cover, but I think a 2h movie cutting some fat from the game story could be really awesome. Lots of great moments to look forward to.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Small correction on my part, it will actually be two movies for Camelot. Even better :zomg
Really looking forward to these! I enjoyed Camelot the most out of all of the singularities so far so it'll be great to play through Babylonia and then watch it unfurl! As for why the other singularites were skipped, would it be because Nasu (think he's the Fate writer dude) only had a big hand in the writing from Camelot onwards so it keeps things more canon to how things should be? Think that's right at least for Nasu from what I was told on a discord server.


As for the Summer event, boy has it blueballed me yet also left me happy so far. I caved and bought some quart for a couple of 10 spins and I got jebaited hard on the first 10 spin. Gold Lancer card, "Could it be?!" No, it was Kiyoshit. Ah well, at least I have a gold servant for every class out atm except Avenger now haha. Next 10 spin brought home Mordred so I'm content with that. Have spent 120 odd quartz for 4 4 stars at this point (Ibaraki, Lancelot, Kiyohime and Mordred).
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,508
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The cult of Mashu can truly begin with that movie.

There are a lot of good movie moments in Camalot too. The Arash part for example should be great. Though in an overall sense i wonder how confused somebody who doesn't play Grand Order is going to feel.

Really looking forward to these! I enjoyed Camelot the most out of all of the singularities so far so it'll be great to play through Babylonia and then watch it unfurl! As for why the other singularites were skipped, would it be because Nasu (think he's the Fate writer dude) only had a big hand in the writing from Camelot onwards so it keeps things more canon to how things should be? Think that's right at least for Nasu from what I was told on a discord server.


As for the Summer event, boy has it blueballed me yet also left me happy so far. I caved and bought some quart for a couple of 10 spins and I got jebaited hard on the first 10 spin. Gold Lancer card, "Could it be?!" No, it was Kiyoshit. Ah well, at least I have a gold servant for every class out atm except Avenger now haha. Next 10 spin brought home Mordred so I'm content with that. Have spent 120 odd quartz for 4 4 stars at this point (Ibaraki, Lancelot, Kiyohime and Mordred).
That's a pretty nice haul!

I'm pretty fond of Kiyohime lancer already. It's a favorite gameplay gimmick of mine when the best way to gain NP for servants is a non-arts card. Carmilla is like that with her quick cards. So those 6 hit buster cards make her very fun to use. Not to mention it's just great to have a version of that character I can use reliably, as a 3 star berserker isn't the most useful late game.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Really looking forward to these! I enjoyed Camelot the most out of all of the singularities so far so it'll be great to play through Babylonia and then watch it unfurl! As for why the other singularites were skipped, would it be because Nasu (think he's the Fate writer dude) only had a big hand in the writing from Camelot onwards so it keeps things more canon to how things should be? Think that's right at least for Nasu from what I was told on a discord server.
Well that's nothing but speculation, really. They actually showed a poll before releasing the news of Camelot and Babylonia getting animated. One question was "Which is your fav singularity?" -> First place was Babylon, second place was Camelot.
Keeping that in mind, the most likely reason I see is that they know Camelot and Babylon were the most liked Singularities by far (and probably objectively the best too), so that's what is getting animated.

The smaller reason would be to please their fanbase, the bigger one would be to attract new people. Because let's be honest, we all know a lot of people who get into stuff through the anime first, that's no different for Japan and the west. They can sum up the basic story of what happened before, but we have the prologue animated already and the rest of the Singularities don't have a lot of stuff you really need to know to appreciate Camelot and Babylonia.

Kinoko Nasu (yes, he's the original creator of Fate) writing both chapters is just a coincidence in this case. He supervised earlier SIngularities too, and they're as canon as they can be. Them getting better isn't just bc Nasu wrote them, but bc he himself admitted that almost all of them had no clue how to actually write a proper story for a phone game, not to mention that phone games usually don't have big stories so they were unsure how far they could go. But they realized the story is one of the main reasons people play the game, so they decided that it's okay to write long stories (I think Camelot is twice as long as America or something, going by text). Ofc Nasu is considered the best writer of the bunch, but it also helped that Camelot and Babylon are the endgame of FGO Part 1. Some Singularities are bashed and heavily criticized by almost everyone (like Rome for it's Nero "wanking") and others are split between supporters and people who weren't so fond of it (like London or Okeanos), but 99% of the playerbase will tell you their fav chap is either Camelot or Babylon, at least from my experience. That they're animating this next is logical and might open the doors for the other Singularities later, considering how well-received and successful these two adaptions are going

So there's a whole mix of reasons for Camelot and Babylon getting animated first (after the prologue and FGO Part 2 prologue). Another reason obviously would be that FGO got amazingly popular in Japan and is a money-printing machine, so they probably have a lot more money they can spend and investors are more willing to pour money into this. Fate/Apocrypha anime only happened bc of FGO too, as Nasu admitted some time ago. At this point, they can almost release whatever in regard to Fate and it's bound to be a success, though ofc the level of success varies.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also I really like this video they released for the 3rd anniversary of FGO. Someone subbed it and it's pretty damn great, though ofc I'm a fanboy. That Jeanne speech towards the end :zomg

 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,508
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's interesting. I know nothing about Babylon obviously but I feel like Camelot is the most like a continuation of the main story. Some of the earlier singularities honestly feel like filler arcs.

My personal feeling on them in terms quality storytelling is that the top tier is Fuyuki, Camelot. Both of those feel like legit "Fate" stories to me.

Then one tier down from that I'd put got London, due to how it drags pretty brutally at points, and Okeanos, which is quite a fun singularity but feels like a disconnected side adventure.

Below those I'd put Septum and Orleans. Both are pretty poor stoywise and only coast along because they are held up by the fun characters but not enough to really save them either.

Dead last I'd put E Pluribus Unum. Which I thought was honestly pretty terrible.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I am actually a bit surprised that Babylonia is the one getting a anime, and not camelot.

I feel like Camelot´s plot would be better handled as a Anime, and Babylonia as a 2 part movie (i even know where to cu it out. O-V-E-R-W-O-R-K)

But still

If this means we don´t have to see "OH I MUST FIGHT U TO SEE IF U ARE WORTHY" lines of dialogue, I am happy.

I said I would save for Merlin and Gramps...but there is Caster Gil in the middle.
Thank god I won´t summon for the next event banner, dont want the police comming down on my house
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
aw man, fck hoarding tickets and quartz. I want Mordred!

@Jammin , stealing your Mordred power for these 5 summons, then I promise to give it back
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Goddamit Jammin, you have failed me
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,508
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haha, that was your mistake. You want niichan's luck not mine. It took me like 200 rolls to get Mordred. I needed almost all of what I had saved up and I had been saving since the first moment I played the game. Well you'll get a couple more tickets soon. So you can burn them in probable futility too if you want.:XD

400DL campaign = 4 tickets
Next Stage of summer = 4 tickets
Monthly Cube Shop refresh = 5 tickets.

Good luck.:amuse

I'll be throwing everything I got (140ish SQ and 25ish tickets) at getting Martha. Since I got Kiyohime I feel like I have no right to be salty if I fail but...I want her real bad. I don't care about anybody else. I don't dislike Squirtoria or Marie but Martha is the one I want.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not to mention the joy of having her during the BB event next spring.

 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
How can you call me a lucky person when the unit I wanted to get the most didn't come to my Chaldea :( I've spent more than I want to admit on Jalter and it just didn't happen... I've spent a good amount on Raikou too, before getting her out of a ticket thankfully. Not to mention that I got a dupe from the guaranteed gacha, the worst possible result (and that's with me only having 3 of the 10 units who were in that pool). So when my desire sensors are too strong I'm not exactly lucky either, but I admit that after Jalter I've been relatively lucky with the exception of Raikou.

And about the Singularities, that's what I meant Jammin :XD Tbh my rating of the singularities are fairly different to yours, with the exception of Fuyuki and Camelot xD I think it's something at least most Fate fans can agree on, but the other singularities really vary in terms of popularity. Personally I find E Pluribus Unum the best chapter since the beginning, though I will admit that it didn't feel like "Fate" in a way. Camelot remains the only chapter I would call great for the most part. Lots of potentially awesome moments in the 2 movies :D
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,508
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll grant the America singularity this. Mecha-lion Thomas Edison was AMAZING.:rofl

 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I say I will hold on to tickets and quartz but sincerely I just can´t do it.
I just love rolling in a gacha game, specially one like fate where every single unit has its (if limited) uses.

Sure, Siegfried seems like a waste of a 4, but danm did he not demolish lantoria.
Theres the whole Steno in camelot
etc

So it just feels like fun.
I also like to have the servants I like even if I am not going to use them, such as shakespeare and koutarou.

On my singularity ranking, and knowing the general plot outline of Babylonia, I´d say

1st)Camelot. STEEEEEEEEEELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2nd)Fuyuki (Caster Cu and his anime adaption maaaaaaaaaybe have contributed to this high rank)

3rd) Babylonia / E Plurius. While the anime and actually playing it may change my outlook, and push Plurium down, for now I´d say that Babylonia has the best story, but Pluriux has such a wide variety of chararismatic and flat out cool servants (if underused ones like Beowulf) that completely washes out the Babylonia cast for me. As I said, reading the actual dialogues and playing my change it, since I was pretty cold to Bedivere only knowing his design and general plot moments, and now after Camelot, I really like him (or her, if you go by Deen). For now, FUCK Jaguarman, such a waste of character design.

4th) France. Marie Antoniete. Goddanm what a COOL woman. Mozart as a sleezy ass. And Jalter. What is not to like about this one? Sure it is a bit all over the place with Berserk Servants and the whole "heal siegfried" that in no way pays the hero tribute, but still (just make him max level 10/10/10 with streghtining .-.). Also Jeanne being a sweetheart that we all would like to corrupt.

5th) Okeanos. The "ech". Singularity. Not bad. Not good. Average all around. Asterios is cool, and I like that Hektor was such a force to be reckoned, since he IS the rival to Achilles. Just wish he had a better reason to serve Jason.

6th) Rome. God what a weak plot that could´ve been so much more interessing. I mean, fuck, getting the different Roman emperors to fight each other over territory? With Boudica in the middle? And Lubu and Spartacus as Generals? Man, this is my history wet dream. Except it wasnt.
Goddamit what a boring one.
While I will say that the servant line up is better than Okeanos, the story, to me, as a History Teacher, is such a letdown that I cant put it anywhere else.



...I got kinda worked up, didnt I?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Haha, that was your mistake. You want niichan's luck not mine. It took me like 200 rolls to get Mordred. I needed almost all of what I had saved up and I had been saving since the first moment I played the game. Well you'll get a couple more tickets soon. So you can burn them in probable futility too if you want.:XD

400DL campaign = 4 tickets
Next Stage of summer = 4 tickets
Monthly Cube Shop refresh = 5 tickets.

Good luck.:amuse

I'll be throwing everything I got (140ish SQ and 25ish tickets) at getting Martha. Since I got Kiyohime I feel like I have no right to be salty if I fail but...I want her real bad. I don't care about anybody else. I don't dislike Squirtoria or Marie but Martha is the one I want.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not to mention the joy of having her during the BB event next spring.

inb4 one of us roll martha with one ticket.
Love that fanart

LOL for some reason totally forgot London.
Which probally speaks to how forgetablle the hole thing was for me.
I say the only highlight is Tesla vs Tamamo and Kintoki, but only because I like all 3
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,508
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
inb4 one of us roll martha with one ticket.
Love that fanart

LOL for some reason totally forgot London.
Which probally speaks to how forgetablle the hole thing was for me.
I say the only highlight is Tesla vs Tamamo and Kintoki, but only because I like all 3
I also make no promises not to fill my black heart with envy for anybody who rolls her if I should fail. Jealousy is just part of the game.

A fact I am reminded of every single time I see a Jalter in the support summons.


With London I'm such a huge Moedred fanboy that it any arc with her playing a major role is going to have a place in my heart. Wasn't thrilled about all the narrative time spent with the likes of Jekyll, Hohenheim and Babbage though. Could have done without that.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I also make no promises not to fill my black heart with envy for anybody who rolls her if I should fail. Jealousy is just part of the game.

A fact I am reminded of every single time I see a Jalter in the support summons.


With London I'm such a huge Moedred fanboy that it any arc with her playing a major role is going to have a place in my heart. Wasn't thrilled about all the narrative time spent with the likes of Jekyll, Hohenheim and Babbage though. Could have done without that.
I prefer my Mordred being bullied by Arturia, thank you.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Oh god @Jammin, please be more active in FGO. I need your Titoria, but barely find her in the Support Selection list. :lmao

Edit: Thank you! : )
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,508
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh god @Jammin, please be more active in FGO. I need your Titoria, but barely find her in the Support Selection list. :lmao

Edit: Thank you! : )
I wish I knew how support section sorting worked. You should be able to like pin favorites or something. It's really annoying when you get somebody with a limitbroken event CE and the MVP servant and they get buried away most of the time.:s
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Huh, I guess the "update list" button reshuffles the support summons. Way to label things clearly FGO translators.:fail

Wish I'd known that a year ago.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Everyone, I recommend that you re-do your constructions in order to farm Mana Prisms, because soon(ish) we will have acess to a CE in the shop that, when MLB (5,000 mana prisms for that) will give us +10% bond per mission
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh but also, dont burn all your apples on it since Nerofest also gives a ton of MP
 

mr.potato here

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
242
Age
25
Country
India
I completed all quest like a day ago. after doing a date with kiyo quest. I wanted to roll for her since her voice is really appealing. so, I used one ticket.Then.. A lag
Golden Lancer
My reaction: Is this Kiyo? :hearts
But she wasn't Kiyo but tamamo :gwah
To be honest, I am happy and at the same time sad to have her. She spooked me real hard. I truly wanted Kiyo but can't help it. Because If I use ticket I wouldn't be able to use it late for part 2
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,508
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone, I recommend that you re-do your constructions in order to farm Mana Prisms, because soon(ish) we will have acess to a CE in the shop that, when MLB (5,000 mana prisms for that) will give us +10% bond per mission
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh but also, dont burn all your apples on it since Nerofest also gives a ton of MP
I'm not sure if I'll manage to revisit too many of those or not. There are a lot of ascension materials in this shop that I don't need right now but I'm sure I will at some point. If I finish with that stuff I'll go back and get some of the alternate build events.

I completed all quest like a day ago. after doing a date with kiyo quest. I wanted to roll for her since her voice is really appealing. so, I used one ticket.Then.. A lag
Golden Lancer
My reaction: Is this Kiyo? :hearts
But she wasn't Kiyo but tamamo :gwah
To be honest, I am happy and at the same time sad to have her. She spooked me real hard. I truly wanted Kiyo but can't help it. Because If I use ticket I wouldn't be able to use it late for part 2
Pretty nice consolation prize. Her NP is absolutely hilarious.

I'm still holding strong for the 9th of August when the Martha & Squirtoria only rate up happens. As much as it's going to suck waiting 3 extra days for an impatient soul like myself I want to maximize my chances of getting Martha.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I completed all quest like a day ago. after doing a date with kiyo quest. I wanted to roll for her since her voice is really appealing. so, I used one ticket.Then.. A lag
Golden Lancer
My reaction: Is this Kiyo? :hearts
But she wasn't Kiyo but tamamo :gwah
To be honest, I am happy and at the same time sad to have her. She spooked me real hard. I truly wanted Kiyo but can't help it. Because If I use ticket I wouldn't be able to use it late for part 2

Wet Shirt art. I see you are a person of culture as welll
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Servant Archuria, got

Man am I on a roll or what
 
Top