Favorites Favorite Chapters of 2016

GodOfDestruction

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
230
Reaction score
228
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Time to discuss your favorite chapters amd least favorite chapters of FT in 2016.

From
Mother's Key(Chapter 467)
To
The Truth about Enchantment(Chapter 516)

This is not a award thread. You will simply put your favorite and least favorite chapters.

Here's mine for example.

Hybrid Theory(470)
God Serena Confirmed a DS

DiMaria Chronos Yesta(475)
DiMaria has a God Soul Takeover

The Seven Stars(483)
Irene Revealed

The Third Seal(487)
Bradmans Third Seal, Gajeel's Dragon Force

Universe One(490)
Irene vs Acnologia, Universe One casted

The White Dragneel(493)
Larcade revealed

I'm Hungry as Hell(495)Gildarts appears

The Last Sight I Beheld(503)
Natsu's little E.N.D form.

I am You, You are me(515)
Irene's backstory

Discuss your favorites in the comments.
 
Last edited:

GamerSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
790
Reaction score
1,854
Age
31
Country
United States
Favorites:
Chapter 470: Hybrid Theory
Chapter 475: DiMaria Chronos Yesta
Chapter 476: Farewell, Magical Girl
Chapter 480: Grave Markers of the North
Chapter 486: The Fourth Guest
Chapter 489: Universe One
Chapter 492: Older and Younger Sisters
Chapter 493: White Dragneel
Chapter 494: The Hill That Leads to Tomorrow
Chapter 495: I'm Hungry
Chapter 501: Randi and Mari
Chapter 503: The Last Sight Seen
Chapter 507: Voice
Chapter 510: The Heart of Natsu
Chapter 514: Dragon Seed
Chapter 515: I Am You... You Are Me

Disliked:
Chapter 473: Red Lightning
Chapter 490: Fairy Tail Zero
Chapter 491: Mother and Child
Chapter 500: Fire and Ice

The rest of the chapters range from "decent" to "meh" for me but those are the ones I felt strongly about.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: These chapter titles are from the CR translations.

Also, Chapter 480 is among my favorites only because I felt some strong emotions when Kagura started crying. She's definitely an underrated character.
 
Last edited:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Best : 469, 470, 474, 475, 480, 481, 488, 489, 492-494, 499, 501, 503, 507, 508 (:cheez), 510, 511, 515

Worst: 467, 473, 483, 496, 500
 

EmptySoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
3,282
Country
Akatsuki
Best:470,475,486,488,489,492,493,494,
497,505,507,512,513,514,515

Worst: 473,490,499,500

Lol,Not adding 516 till the fight ends :XD
 

thatsvicchan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
213
Reaction score
1,168
Age
28
Country
Italy
Best: 475, 476, 481, 482, 483, 498, 499, 507, 515

Worst: 488, 490, 500, 502, 508

My favourites are in bold. Neinhart may be trash but the Historia chapters were amazing... many, different characters all fighting + Kagura's development :zomg and Gray FINALLY facing his actions with Ur aka female Zeref and Lyon too :celebrate
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Top 5 best chapters of 2016

1). Chapter 509: Kagura vs. Larcade

2). Chapter 489: Universe One

3). Chapter 492: Older and Younger Sisters

4). Chapter 501: Mari and Randi

5). Chapter 511: The Hell of Hunger

Top 5 worst chapters of 2016

1). Chapter 479: The One Most Respected

2). Chapter 500: Fire and Ice

3). Chapter 496: Forward!!!!

4). Chapter 473: Red Lightning

5). Chapter 503: The Last Sight Seen
 

Ender

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
16
Reaction score
101
Age
26
Country
Philippines
This looks fun...

Favorites:
Chapter 475: Dimaria Chronos Yesta (God Soul awesomeness)
Chapter 476: Bid Farewell to the Mage Girls (Sherria awesomeness)
Chapter 482: Vigor (last panel because Jerza)
Chapter 483: Seven Stars (solely because of Irene introduction)
Chapter 486: Fourth Guest (Acno appearance)
Chapter 488: The Two of Us, Always (Gajevy confession)
Chapter 489: Universe One (Acno x Irene :teehee)
Chapter 494: The Hill Extending Towards Tomorrow (that Spriggan 12 panel is really dope)
Chapter 499: Gray and Juvia
Chapter 507: Voice (August and CS appearance, Irene's infamous quote)
Chapter 509: Kagura vs Larcade (the only time I liked Larcade lol)
Chapter 511: Hunger Hell (White Shadow Dragon Sting :3c)
Chapter 513: Flower Circle
Chapter 514: Dragon Seed
Chapter 515: I am you, you are me
Chapters 513-515 are my top 3. Irene bias is strong

Hated:
Chapter 473: Red Lightning (Laxus greatness overshadowed by this asspull)
Chapter 479: Who you should show the greatest respect to is... (damn)
Chapter 491: Mother and Child (hated the "Mavis is your mother" crap)
Chapter 496: Forward!! (lol Romeo)
Chapter 500: Fire and Ice (WTF is this)
Chapter 508: Pleasure and Agony (WTF is this also)
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Highlights:

468....... Star memory (Rave throwback) and first time we see Anna

471....Until the battle ends... Laxus x Gray moment and Erza curling up with Juvia in the heart shaped bag

472..... start of Laxus vs Wharl, which was really awesome and flowed really well

488.... the two of us together forever and always..... For that Gajeel send off and Pantherlily holding Levy.

499... for that Gruvia sacrifice

501..... for one the few battles in this arc (Lucy vs Brandish) to be choreographed with fluidity and a combination of magic instead of punch-punch, fake death, powerup one shot.

511...... hunger hell with its well placed humor of Sting and his harem of food in the midst of a battle that added to the enjoyment instead of subtracting

509..... Kagura vs Larcade for showcasing Kagura instead of ripping her clothes off or having her being a Jerza or Erza plot device


Worst
467..... anticlimactic return of Aquarius and the simultaneous nakamization of Brandish

470 and 471..... everything about this was bad. From the foreshadowing earlier Mavis stating about Warrod failing. And the GoI being offpaneled to God Serena only using some of his powers. Plus everyone hyping Acnologia who didn't need hype..... to Acnologia entering the battle too early (just like END 30 chapters later)..... it was like troll-hype-troll-hype-I really don't have a clue what I am doing-let's just hype this.

To whatever chapter that was where historia kyoka coped a feel of Erza's boobs....

... and then when Irene owned and tortured a weakened Mira (was that mother and child or elder and younger sister? Can't remember) ..... who probably could have kicked her ass just so a weakened Erza could beat her 20 chapters later. Was Mira vs Azuma all over.

490...... U1 basically being plot device to save Gajeel and get rid of Acno. Plus bring back Zera (a character I loved) to have her naked Loli hug Mavis 10 chapters later.

502...... off paneling of End awakening and Dimaria's defeat. Wtf???

All chapters relating to Makarov's death being used for plot device instead of an emotional moment.

Chapters where second best girl Ultear was only brought back to be "Dat ass" and a device for third origin.
(Sidenote; would have been more interested in chapter with Dimaria's god soul if she hadn't been fighting a god slayer.... just saying)

Meh for everything else this year.
 
Last edited:

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Top 5 worst chapters of 2016

1). Chapter 516: Truth about Enchantment (just :facepalm)

2). Chapter 478 and Chapter 500: Stealth/Fire and Ice (Virgin Eyes/Terror Of the Twelve)

3). Chapter 509 and Chapter 473: Kagura vs Larcade/Red Lightning (still wondering why was it called that way/that ass pull was just meh)

4). Chapter 502: Mavis and Zera (Zera coming back because reasons)

5). Chapter 503: The Last Sight Seen (writing over 9000)


Top 5 best chapters of 2016


1). Chapter 458: Morning Star (when one Spriggan was actually beating a FT top tier)

2). Chapter 504: Trump Card (Fairy Law was a nice one)

5). Chapter 512: Sting the White Shadow Dragon (side character actually doing something)

4). Chapter 514 and Chapter 515: Dragon Seed/I am you and you are me (very good backstory)

5.) Chapter 513: Flower Circle (Irene toying with them)

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I forget the chapter numbers a lot, so thanks for the above mentions. This arc is terrible to me, so I probably missed some bad/worst chapters

Best
  • 468/469 - Star memories, and Aquarius/Brandish/Lucy :blush Plus Serena at the end :handgun
  • 470 - Acno, Serena stomping GoI
  • 472 - Laxus vs Wall
  • 476 - Wendy and Sherria were solid
  • 483 - The guys beating the Historias, and Jellal/Kagura resolving their past
  • 505 - Makarov tells Mavis to 'shut your mouth' lol
  • 507 - August stomps CS. Gruvia gets a moment. Erza, Gray and Natsu hug it out :teehee but it was a nice nakama moment.
  • 510 - Natsu's heart with a flashback, some moments with DiMaria/Brandish/Evergreen/Lucy, and Sting's entrance vs Larcade.
Worst
  • 501 - terrible for me :pjsalt (I acknowledge the Lucy fight was good)
  • 476/477/478 - Jacob was so disappointing, and this whole fight was awful. Virgin eyes :fail And Mavis was present.
  • 490 - Universe One plot device.
  • 494 - When you read it, this is good. Great hype. Then lol. Perfect formation :kappa
  • 502 - Mavis and Zera :fail Irene being fooled thanks to Invel PiS :fail "Tumour misdiagnoses" :fail
  • 504 - Terrible. Gray vs END was looking alright, then we had Lucy/Juvia running there so we know it's gonna stop. But that is nothing compared to Mavis' strategy and Irene complimenting it :fail And Jacob once more showing his virgin eyes :fail
  • 508 - may be the worst chapter in the series :cookiearf
  • 514 and 513(last page) - Queen of Dragons :fail Mother of Dragon Slayers :fail Belserion :fail
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
chapter was underrated in my opinion, like it better in retrospect
It was basically everything I asked for during the whole Alvarez arc; living up to the Spriggan hype and more spotlight for side characters. Hiro combined both in a perfect way because he gave a side character, Kagura, finally a necessary Spriggan fight while Larcade didn't lost any of his hype in the duration of it.

And ofc, August stomping Crime Sorciere for the kii's.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So I haven't really liked this arc at all, it's been pretty bad for the most part but, it has a few highlights this year so here are top 3 best chapter and the worst FT chapter of 2016 imo!
Best Chapters:​
1. Chapter 499 - Gray and Juvia. I was a bit reluctant to put this at the top because of the chapter that followed undoing a lot of this chapter's fantastic work, but in the end I've got to give it to this one. This gets the spot because of it's impact and emotion between Gray and Juvia, and having them both do a double suicide was very emotional. Juvia's blood transfusion magic to save Gray after though really did push Gray into the darkness Invel had been trying to tap into, and boy did this set us up for some big things, it's just a shame they didn't exactly come. Either way, this was the best chapter of the year imo.
2. Chapter 480 - Grave Markers of the North. This one gets a spot in my best chapters because looking back on it, it had something I feel a lot of the arc has been lacking and that is impact. Why does this have impact? The crucifiction scene. Seeing the members of Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus tied up and defeated like that created shock for what you were seeing as well as just what could possibly ie ahead for the FT members. That scene was the highlight of the chapter for me, and Brandish hyping August in the chapter also did enough for it to get into my top 3.
3. Chapter 503 - The Last Sight Seen. This chapter gets the spot for two reasons: What it was setting up and the shock factor it brought with how Dimaria was stopped. I personally enjoyed this chapter for what it had, with Dimaria torturing Lucy which didn't shake Lucy's resolve at all (a rather nice touch) to E.N.D breaking out and injuring Dimaria fairly brutally which created hype for what's to come. The last part of the chapter where we see E.N.D heading straight for Zeref and encountering Gray though is a key part of the chapter I enjoyed as for what it could well of been ushering in, it's just a shame the fight didn't go further / wasn't better in the next few chapters. Either way, this chapter had some good set-up and moments in it that I liked enough to put it in here.
Honourable mentions: 483 - Seven Stars, 487 - The Third Seal, 488 - The Two of Us, Forever

The Worst Chapter:​
Chapter 500 - Fire and Ice. What can I say? This ruined the great death of Juvia right away. Yes we all saw that it was a fake death but for it to be undone so damn soon after it happened just took all the impact out of it and made it feel like Gray was fighting for a worthless cause against Invel. Another negative note is Neinhart and how he was treated in the chapter. Yes, he has bad durability and that showed, but he could've done more, been more drawn out but no, this enhanced Neinhart got dropped before he could even do anything with his main magic. Poor writing Mashima, very poor writing indeed.
(Not so) Honourable mentions: Most of the arc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Alright, my turn. I can't remember the chapters' numbers so yeah, i'll just list some moments randomly.

Actually, i started writing the post and after a while i noticed that i was listing every single moment in the arc... And i'm too lazy to finish that way.
SO i'll just add my two cents and say that i agree with @Jean Grey and @Brandish
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Alright, for the best I'll go with:

514, 515 --> Great backstory for a great character. A lot of good exposition and character development.
511, 512 --> Sting vs Larcade was one of the better spriggan fights, it really was great.
509 --> August destroying CS and gets some great dialogue in. Larcade vs Kagura was also a great fight.
499--> This was a great chapter for Gray and Juvia and initially made Invel a threat, but the following chapter ruined everything.
494--> This was a great set-up chapter, that double spread with the Spriggan 12 merits its placement here on its own.
488, 489 --> Gajeel gets character development. August gets screentime and more depth + powers. Irene vs Acnologia.
483--> Just a bunch of power moves and some character development at the end, twas a good chapter.
472 --> Initial stages of Wahl vs Laxus were great, some solid back and forth CQC fighting between one of the best spriggan and Laxus.
470 --> Serena vs GoI was pretty good for what it was. Acnologia coming in was also really hype.

For the worst I'll go with:

508--> Seriously wtf was this shit. Before this I couldn't have even imagined a chapter where people go down via orgasms.
504--> Not gonna lie, this downgraded Gray for me, Gray vs END had potential but Hiro ruined it with the set-up.
502-->I don't give a flying shit about anything to do with Mavis or Zera. Irene getting duped was also just bad.
500--> First half was actually good but the fake death was infuriating and Natsu vs Neinhart was terrible as well.
490--> Fake death merits its placement here on its own.
478--> Virgin eyes completely ruined a genuinely intriguing character up until that point. Good job Hiro.

Everything else was meh to ok. Could have been so so so much better a year (and arc) for FT if the deaths weren't faked (Gajeel, Juvia), Zeref wasn't so goddamn incompetent all the way through, END vs Gray wasn't so terribly executed and the spriggans weren't such fodder in Round 2 (Post-494).
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Everything else was meh to ok. Could have been so so so much better a year (and arc) for FT if the deaths weren't faked (Gajeel, Juvia), Zeref wasn't so goddamn incompetent all the way through, END vs Gray wasn't so terribly executed and the spriggans weren't such fodder in Round 2 (Post-494).
Yup, problem wasn't the action/choreography in END vs. Gray cause it was pretty epic, it was Gray's wild off base logic and regression in character to go along with an average set up which made it not as enjoyable it could of been and borderline whack, 504-506 Gray was low point.
 

BrandyThema

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
829
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
Favorite Chapters:

467/468/469 - Mother's Key/Star Memory/What I Want To Do: easily one of my favorite subplots this arc, not only that it shined lights on Brandish as a character but also opened a path for Lucy to grow even more, finding her resolve. As much as Lucy spending her whole year tracking down FT members melted my heart, I'd like her to be more dependent on herself, and an Aquarius tracking journey in the future totally fits what I want.
470 - Hybrid Theory: Acnologia, enough said
474/475/476 - In The Moment of Complete Silent/DiMaria Chronos Yesta/Farewell, Magical Girl: Chelia, enough said. I'm happy that Wendy has someone else to care for her besides Charle. Chelia feels more like Wendy's friend, Charle I think tries to act like her mother, and sometimes that's not exactly what Wendy needs.
477/478/479 - Transport/Stealth/Who You Should Show the Greatest Respect To is...: A relaxing NaLuHap battle never fails to bring a smile to my face, I wonder why peeps keep saying it's ruined the hype when there's no hype in the first place, Jacob has always meant to be a gag character, not a serious one.
480 - Grave Markers of the North: gotta say, that scene took me by surprise, well done, Mashima
492/493 - Older and Younger Sisters/The White Dragneel: I always love Mira's fight, so I'm glad that she had the chance to give us a good show, and Mira's Satan forms' designs are much better than Erza's amour, imo. Not to mention that we finally have our conclusion on Sorano&Yukino's sisterhood, which is adorable
495/496 - I'm Hungry/Forward!!!: Gildarts, that's enough for the chapters to make my list. Plus, not many people noticed, but we actually have Romeo's character development in chapter 496. The little boy has always been so insecure in his whole life, from having a weak-ass dad to his only idol disappearing for 7 years straight, leaving him behind with no trace. Seeing him got motivated to join in the fight is heart-warming, and those little moments make me appreciate Mashima's characters more
501 - Mari and Randi: this chapter was just...too awesome...beyond words. Not only did it make me love Lucy even more, it also made me appreciate Brandish as a character, and I love seeing how conflict she was with her feelings, that was very realistic, imo
503 - The Last Sight Seen: if all of her previous fights didn't somehow show that Lucy has grown to be more of a fighter, this chapter nailed it. Seeing Lucy threatening DiMaria to just get on with gauging her eyes out brings me back to a shaky Lucy in front of Zero, too terrified to do anything and just stood there to be attacked. Lucy has come a long way to be who she is now, and I'm happy to see that, plus we got to see partial END, and his design was awesome
505 - Trump Card: this is more taste, I think, because I didn't give a shit when Gajeel and Juvia "died", so this chapter actually hit me, that we can never see Makarov ever again. He went out like a champion, a hero, and he will always be missed, such a nice way to end his journey.
509/510/511/512 - Kagura vs.Larcade/Natsu's Heart/Hunger Hell/Sting the White Shadow Dragon: it feels nice to actually see side characters fight against baddies that are usually meant for FT members only, their teamwork flows nicely and it gives Sting and Kagura conclusions to their character arcs. Sting learn to treasure his guildmates and Kagura learn to stop bearing grudges, not to mention we now have Larcade's mystery that has yet to be solved, even more fun. And Natsu's Heart journey has officially become what I look forward to most whenever new chapters are released.

Least Favorite Chapters:

481/482/483 - Historia of Corpses/Vigor/The Seven Stars:
besides Kagura's resolve, I can't even look at those pages without cringing, so bad, so bad :-_-
486/487/488 - The Forth Guest/The Third Seal/Two of us...something: not only that Cana's precious screentime was not enough, this girl gets to fight a Spriggan :-_- Her relevancy should just only be at Lisanna's level, and now she keeps getting shoved into my face :-_- not to mention Gajeel's turned into a cheesy lame lovestruck teenager who only cares about her, rather than the Gajeel was willing to forget his pride for a moment in order to help Natsu fight against Laxus :-_- Such a waste :-_-
498/499/500 - Gray vs.Invel/Gray and Juvia/Fire and Ice: no, just...just no :epicfacepalm
513/514/515/516 - Flower Circle/Dragon Seed/I Am You, You Are Me/The Truth About Enchanment: it's not like I had high expectation for Irene's fight to blow my mind, but somehow I'm still disappointed :epicfacepalm of all things, Dragons have to be involved, but oh well, what's done is done. I still think there's a way to end her story perfectly, but I hope Mashima doesn't make it too cringe-worthy.

The other chapters are normal to "meh" for me, only those stood out. I actually don't have much problem with Laxus fight, to me, it shows more character than feats, and I'm good with that. Most people are pissed at Gray vs.partial END fight but it only made me more curious about what END is as a whole demon, so it was a nice tease (for END fans)
 
Last edited:

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It's sad to see how many people where dissapointed with what we got out of chapter 500....
 

thatsvicchan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
213
Reaction score
1,168
Age
28
Country
Italy
Favorite Chapters:

467/468/469 - Mother's Key/Star Memory/What I Want To Do: easily one of my favorite subplots this arc, not only that it shined lights on Brandish as a character but also opened a path for Lucy to grow even more, finding her resolve. As much as Lucy spending her whole year tracking down FT members melted my heart, I'd like her to be more dependent on herself, and an Aquarius tracking journey in the future totally fits what I want.
470 - Hybrid Theory: Acnologia, enough said
474/475/476 - In The Moment of Complete Silent/DiMaria Chronos Yesta/Farewell, Magical Girl: Chelia, enough said. I'm happy that Wendy has someone else to care for her besides Charle. Chelia feels more like Wendy's friend, Charle I think tries to act like her mother, and sometimes that's not exactly what Wendy needs.
477/478/479 - Transport/Stealth/Who You Should Show the Greatest Respect To is...: A relaxing NaLuHap battle never fails to bring a smile to my face, I wonder why peeps keep saying it's ruined the hype when there's no hype in the first place, Jacob has always meant to be a gag character, not a serious one.
480 - Grave Markers of the North: gotta say, that scene took me by surprise, well done, Mashima
492/493 - Older and Younger Sisters/The White Dragneel: I always love Mira's fight, so I'm glad that she had the chance to give us a good show, and Mira's Satan forms' designs are much better than Erza's amour, imo. Not to mention that we finally have our conclusion on Sorano&Yukino's sisterhood, which is adorable
495/496 - I'm Hungry/Forward!!!: Gildarts, that's enough for the chapters to make my list. Plus, not many people noticed, but we actually have Romeo's character development in chapter 496. The little boy has always been so insecure in his whole life, from having a weak-ass dad to his only idol disappearing for 7 years straight, leaving him behind with no trace. Seeing him got motivated to join in the fight is heart-warming, and those little moments make me appreciate Mashima's characters more
501 - Mari and Randi: this chapter was just...too awesome...beyond words. Not only did it make me love Lucy even more, it also made me appreciate Brandish as a character, and I love seeing how conflict she was with her feelings, that was very realistic, imo
503 - The Last Sight Seen: if all of her previous fights didn't somehow show that Lucy has grown to be more of a fighter, this chapter nailed it. Seeing Lucy threatening DiMaria to just get on with gauging her eyes out brings me back to a shaky Lucy in front of Zero, too terrified to do anything and just stood there to be attacked. Lucy has come a long way to be who she is now, and I'm happy to see that, plus we got to see partial END, and his design was awesome
505 - Trump Card: this is more taste, I think, because I didn't give a shit when Gajeel and Juvia "died", so this chapter actually hit me, that we can never see Makarov ever again. He went out like a champion, a hero, and he will always be missed, such a nice way to end his journey.
509/510/511/512 - Kagura vs.Larcade/Natsu's Heart/Hunger Hell/Sting the White Shadow Dragon: it feels nice to actually see side characters fight against baddies that are usually meant for FT members only, their teamwork flows nicely and it gives Sting and Kagura conclusions to their character arcs. Sting learn to treasure his guildmates and Kagura learn to stop bearing grudges, not to mention we now have Larcade's mystery that has yet to be solved, even more fun. And Natsu's Heart journey has officially become what I look forward to most whenever new chapters are released.

Least Favorite Chapters:

481/482/483 - Historia of Corpses/Vigor/The Seven Stars:
besides Kagura's resolve, I can't even look at those pages without cringing, so bad, so bad :-_-
486/487/488 - The Forth Guest/The Third Seal/Two of us...something: not only that Cana's precious screentime was not enough, this girl gets to fight a Spriggan :-_- Her relevancy should just only be at Lisanna's level, and now she keeps getting shoved into my face :-_- not to mention Gajeel's turned into a cheesy lame lovestruck teenager who only cares about her, rather than the Gajeel was willing to forget his pride for a moment in order to help Natsu fight against Laxus :-_- Such a waste :-_-
498/499/500 - Gray vs.Invel/Gray and Juvia/Fire and Ice: no, just...just no :epicfacepalm
513/514/515/516 - Flower Circle/Dragon Seed/I Am You, You Are Me/The Truth About Enchanment: it's not like I had high expectation for Irene's fight to blow my mind, but somehow I'm still disappointed :epicfacepalm of all things, Dragons have to be involved, but oh well, what's done is done. I still think there's a way to end her story perfectly, but I hope Mashima doesn't make it too cringe-worthy.

The other chapters are normal to "meh" for me, only those stood out. I actually don't have much problem with Laxus fight, to me, it shows more character than feats, and I'm good with that. Most people are pissed at Gray vs.partial END fight but it only made me more curious about what END is as a whole demon, so it was a nice tease (for END fans)
Oh you know what, I thought I was the only one who disliked how Gajeel was handled in those chapters but wow! I agree 100%. I know that ship would become canon at some point but this was the worst way to make Gajeel confess with cheesy words... while the fight started out as a good one. To think that a support character then got more screen time than Mirajane and other characters together... why

Not to mention the anti magic particles. Tartaros' side effects being wasted after all the Laxus' illness talking.
 
Last edited:

Yunkers

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
676
Reaction score
790
Age
32
Country
Poland
Favorite chapters:
467/468/469 - Mother's Key/Star Memory/What I Want To Do: I really like the way Hiro develop Heartfillia's story and explain Zoldeo's doing (who everybody forgot about). And we got glimpses of Kagura vs DiMaria, which hype both of characters. The only minus is that the best FT Medical Advisor who misdiagnose tumor... twice.
474/475/476 - In The Moment of Complete Silent/DiMaria Chronos Yesta/Farewell, Magical Girl: The best battle in the whole arc. Nothing more to say.
497/498/499/and the first part of 500 - Winter Wizard/Gray vs. Invel/Gray vs. Juvia: Nice and emotional chapter, and I don't think Invel's was dehyped--he got bad matchup, everyone else would lose against him. And that double-suicide was just the best way to conclusion. But I don't like ch. 500 fully, because Fodderhart lost too fast, even for Fodderhart.
501 - Mari and Randi: Looks like Hiro remembered that Lucy can fight :). I like Lucy, so I like every chapter where she show that she is more that boobs.
503 - Last Sight Seen: Probably the best chapter this year. It's dark and mysterious, and hyped E.N.D. greatly.
509/510/511/512 - Kagura vs.Larcade/Natsu's Heart/Hunger Hell/Sting the White Shadow Dragon: Also very good battle, and I'm glad that side guilds got time to shine. There was no magical power-ups, Larcade didn't became stupid all of sudden, and three people were needed to defeat him. The only problem is... isn't Mavis the only one who can stop Larcade? Oh, let's forget :D

Least favorite chapters:
514/515 - Dragon Seed/I'm you, you're me: I don't like Irene's story at all. It seems forced and unimportant. At first I thought that it would give us some information about Acnologia's past, but no, there was only Irene who was pregnant for hundred years...
481/482/483 - Historia of Corpses/Vigor/The Seven Stars: It's just boring. Seems like Hiro didn't know what to do some he came to simple idea: "Let's show many old character, maybe nobody will see, there's no plot at all!". No Hiro, I saw. :-_-
508 - Pain and Pleasure: Why was Hiro thinking that character's virginity is the most important thing we want to know?
504/506 - The Gash/The Broken Bond: Natsu and Gray battle is just forced and unlogical. It shouldn't have happen.
 
Last edited:
Top