Favorites Favorite fights

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
That title of the thread is pretty explicit.

With the recent talks in the last chapter threads I thought it would be interesting to know what are you guys's favorite fights in the series and why?

Thought a bit about a top 5:
  1. Baam VS Data Zahard.
  2. Ran VS Anak.
  3. Yuri VS Pedro.
  4. Yuri VS Karaka.
  5. Baam VS Elaine.

I might have forgotten some but the top 2 are definitely my favorites in the whole series.

Baam and Data Zahard was hype and although it might have been a bit repetitive it was nice to see the two Irregulars gradually powering up until the climax.

As for the second, I love watching Ran fight in general. His fighting style is very cool. Ran VS Anak was the best and his interactions with Anak were entertaining.

I want to say that so far the fights in S3 haven't been very interesting. Baam VS White is my favorite so far but it's mostly because I like their relationship.
 

O_n_Sly

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 5, 2018
Messages
8,957
Reaction score
6,035
Country
United States
Bam v Data Zahard
Yas v Yama
Ran v Inieta
Yuri v Karaka
Bam/Urek/Hockney v Hell Joe

Ran v Inieta - was a great demonstration of how battles btw the top families are one a whole different level!

Yuri v Karaka - really set the tone and reminded us why regulars can never come close to Rankers in power. No admin or FR to interfere was great!!

Hell Joe - has probably been toughest opponent yet, besides FHs. Even with 2princesses 4 13month weapons 2 irregulars and Hockney’s eyes Hell Joe was still a BEAST!!!
 
Last edited:

Vitala

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2018
Messages
601
Reaction score
630
Age
33
Country
Cape Verde
Ran vs anak.
Yuri vs karaka
baam vs elaine.
Evankhell vs 4th army corps.
baam vs zahard.

bonus: ran vs inieta.

Ran vs anak was so hype, I remember when I started TOG, it was at the end of the worshop so I binged that fight and it was the first moment that made me really excited about TOG, don’t get me wrong I loved season 1 and the unique world building but anak vs ran top it all.

yuri vs karaka was hype as hell because it was fight i was seeing coming since I read the story and blog post, I know it was gonna happen and it didn’t disappoint, I remember batoto forum was still active and damn that mashenny call followed by karaka appearance was maybe the most hype TOG has ever be. NHS is really peak fiction.

baam vs Elaine doesn’t need a presentation anymore , maybe the best choreographed fight in the series, Elaine use of arm inventory is still the best display of pure skill in the series, siu really fell off, no more imagination.

Evankhell vs the 4th corps is really the epitome of one man army fight in this series, the way Evankhell overpowered them with her flame power was surely one of iam him moment.

Baam vs zahard. What else to say Amat that it was the final fight before the final fight but on a smaller case, it also showed us how skilled irregular are and zahard fighting style is just beautiful. A true fisherman.
 
Last edited:

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
AA vs Rachel
Yuri vs karaka
Baam vs Zahard
Ran vs inieta
Baam vs Kaiser.

I just love the ways AA humiliates Rachel, mainly because most of the time it's through intelligence.

Yuri vs Kara because it's the best fight to date, whether it's involving blasts of light or items

Baam vs Zahard is simply peak fiction.

Inieta the best Arie and Ran in a fight? Obviously it has to be here.

Baam vs Kaiser because her fighting style is common yet different.
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
I didn't mention it because it wasn't a physical fight but I do like the A.A and Rachel's battles. In the Dallar Show it was my favorite part.

In a similar way, I like Baam and White's fights because of their ideologies and how they affect each other. But the choreography isn't there.

Androssi and Rachel's relationship is something I enjoy a lot as well.
 

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
In a similar way, I like Baam and White's fights because of their ideologies and how they affect each others. But the choreography isn't there.
I don't like Baam vs White because it's too good vs evil.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't like Baam vs White because it's too good vs evil.
I like how they piss each other off. When I see Baam dealing with Hoaqin I feel like it's where I can see true hatred from him.

The fact that Hoaqin made him swear is to me as iconic as some great moments in S1.
 

Vitala

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2018
Messages
601
Reaction score
630
Age
33
Country
Cape Verde
Speaking of hoaqin, he is character i like but I feel like Siu could have made something more with his character, I feel like he should have been a character for later, let’s see what Siu will do with Vicente. But my favorite white fight is against kallavan especially the first fight at the wall of coexistence. I feel that their power match so well, anyway arie vs strong body is always gonna be a top fight.

so as bonus : ran vs inieta and white vs kallavan.
 

O_n_Sly

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 5, 2018
Messages
8,957
Reaction score
6,035
Country
United States
Inieta >>>> Hoaqin
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Bonus - Ran v Mirotic Guardian
Ran v Hesse
 

blackpepper16

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Messages
157
Reaction score
224
Country
United States
in no particular order
- ran vs inieta
- bam vs data jahad
- baam vs elaine
- viole vs love (its the fight that really pulled me into the series before i was just reading casually)
-ehwa vs angel (surprisingly underrated)
- bam vs hoaqin (dollarshow finale)
 

O_n_Sly

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 5, 2018
Messages
8,957
Reaction score
6,035
Country
United States
in no particular order
- ran vs inieta
- bam vs data jahad
- baam vs elaine
- viole vs love (its the fight that really pulled me into the series before i was just reading casually)
-ehwa vs angel (surprisingly underrated)
- bam vs hoaqin (dollarshow finale)
100% agree, Yihwa went off there!!!
 

Vitala

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2018
Messages
601
Reaction score
630
Age
33
Country
Cape Verde
in no particular order
- ran vs inieta
- bam vs data jahad
- baam vs elaine
- viole vs love (its the fight that really pulled me into the series before i was just reading casually)
-ehwa vs angel (surprisingly underrated)
- bam vs hoaqin (dollarshow finale)
Your list remind me how I forgot about the viole vs love which was a pretty good fight, the choreography was top notch and viole ability was still believable and cool.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Wangnan versus.... nah.

Don't have much to add, but the best fights have a theme.

Where's the guy that gets mad when you critique SIU as if he can do no wrong, when clearly the series isn't as quality as it used to be? Say nothing of art, plot, pacing, lore etc.

OR... nostalgia goggles since ToG was fresh and new when you first started reading it?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually, @Demonspeed ... not sure if you'd suggest a different thread entirely or modification of this one, but it'd be interesting to see it in brackets:

Fav S1 fights
Fav S2 fights
Fav S3 fights (so far)

Fav overall fights (this thread, currently).
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hmm, OK:

- Enryu one-sided massacre vs admin (not sure this counts, so)
- Yuri Karaka
- White Kalla
- Team vs Reflejo
- Baam Zahard
- Urek's work on FoD against HJ
- Akryung vs Baam if only because the mystique and speculation created for me
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
No poll for this thread. Would be too complicated.
 

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wangnan versus.... nah.
you don't dare
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually, @Demonspeed ... not sure if you'd suggest a different thread entirely or modification of this one, but it'd be interesting to see it in brackets:

Fav S1 fights
Fav S2 fights
Fav S3 fights (so far)

Fav overall fights (this thread, currently).
I think a "show of strength" podium would be more interesting in that sense.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
No poll for this thread. Would be too complicated.
Nah, I wasn't requesting a poll. That makes no sense.

I was saying it would be interesting if people *self-reported* their favorite fights in *each season* because there is a theme in this thread - not many favorite fights in S3 for instance. A heavier weight to higher-tier content, subjectively-speaking, in earlier seasons. Which supports the claim that there has been a marked decline in quality.

Also, it begs the question of what fights in S3 are good in that case? Maybe not as good as the ones fondly remembered (again, could be nostalgia glasses) in S1/S2, but which ones were even liked at all.


you don't dare
Who doesn't like pokeballs?

I think a "show of strength" podium would be more interesting in that sense.
You mean like a ranking?

One could put their favorites as near 10 on a 0-10 scale. Baam vs Zahard or Yuri vs Karaka are 9 to 10.

But, if you were forced to report your best S3 fights, they might be 6's or 7's (if that generous) - still not top-tier, but top-tier for that season.

Anyways, I won't repurpose Demon's thread if he doesn't want that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wha

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You mean like a ranking?

One could put their favorites as near 10 on a 0-10 scale. Baam vs Zahard or Yuri vs Karaka are 9 to 10.

But, if you were forced to report your best S3 fights, they might be 6's or 7's (if that generous) - still not top-tier, but top-tier for that season.

Anyways, I won't repurpose Demon's thread if he doesn't want that.
I'm like, "favorite show of strength situations"

Like Khell Hellam holding EVK and Yama or Sophia teleporting hundreds of people amidst an explosion.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I'm like, "favorite show of strength situations"

Like Khell Hellam holding EVK and Yama or Sophia teleporting hundreds of people amidst an explosion.
Ah. That's good too.

Still, S-tier for that is Enryu v admin.
 

blackpepper16

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Messages
157
Reaction score
224
Country
United States
Nah, I wasn't requesting a poll. That makes no sense.

I was saying it would be interesting if people *self-reported* their favorite fights in *each season* because there is a theme in this thread - not many favorite fights in S3 for instance. A heavier weight to higher-tier content, subjectively-speaking, in earlier seasons. Which supports the claim that there has been a marked decline in quality.

Also, it begs the question of what fights in S3 are good in that case? Maybe not as good as the ones fondly remembered (again, could be nostalgia glasses) in S1/S2, but which ones were even liked at all.


i dont think we can really pass judgement of s3 right now because it has some of my favorite and least favorite moments in the entire series. however for as long as i have been reading tog which is hitting about 7 years now. everyone would always complain how the current arc is worse than the first one. this was especially the case for revolution road. everyone complained about the pace and baams simpness saying how workshop was way better. during the hiatus i reread season 3 a few times and when read in bulk its not really as tedious and disjointed as people say. imo i honestly feel like tog should be read as full arcs rather than weekly to avoid the frustration people feel.

that being said the fights in s3 can be attributed to siu not fully grasping how to visualize how strong rankers and higher are in comparison to regulars so its essentially devolved into explosions of color, kallachad being the greatest offender (love the character but hate his fights, although him making an arm out of pure chad energy was pretty cool) but after the hiatus i think he is getting way better at visualizing without just cluttering the panels with random explosions. i think the tiara vs yuri fight might shape up to be one my favorite fights of season 3 depending on how far he goes with it.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
@blackpepper16 - edit your post/quote

I find things I disagree with and also agree with what you say. However, S3 has been ongoing long enough that even though it is not complete it has plenty of fights to draw from. The reporting here speaks for itself though - it doesn't really register on many people's 'best fights' lists.
 
Top