Favorites - Favorite Holy Knight | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite Holy Knight

Who is your favorite Holy Knight?

• Gilthunder

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Hauser

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Helbram

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Hendricksen

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Dreyfus

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Geera

• Jericho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Threader

• Griamor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Rarhyx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
tie between lil' Gil and Hauser.
thanks to his powers Gil wins for me.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I have two issues with gilthunder right now. The first is that we don't really know him. We have seen him a bit over the past few chapters and his demeanore is obviously entirely different from the first part of the series. Overall, we simply don't know the dude. I am not a fan of the fact that his power allows him to do absolutely everything. Its too much. He can use thunder to travel quickly, enhance his short range combat, fight at long range and whatever else he can think of. There are no inherent limitations to it as far as we have seen. That makes it kinda boring IMO.

Rarhyx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I meant more his theme(lightning). you say it's boring, for me it's awesome because he can do everything with it

Olho07

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I have two issues with gilthunder right now. The first is that we don't really know him. We have seen him a bit over the past few chapters and his demeanore is obviously entirely different from the first part of the series. Overall, we simply don't know the dude. I am not a fan of the fact that his power allows him to do absolutely everything. Its too much. He can use thunder to travel quickly, enhance his short range combat, fight at long range and whatever else he can think of. There are no inherent limitations to it as far as we have seen. That makes it kinda boring IMO.
At least is something "tangible". And it depends on Gil's power level. It can be defended and Meliodas can counter.

I have more problems with powers that can't be blocked like Ban's, Gowther, Perona from One Piece.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
At least is something "tangible". And it depends on Gil's power level. It can be defended and Meliodas can counter.

I have more problems with powers that can't be blocked like Ban's, Gowther, Perona from One Piece.
Well, meliodas did block ban's power. And guila was able to physically resist ban's snatch. To me it seems kinda like a difficult power to use and I doubt simply taking someone's power is that easy considering ban didn't simply do that against hendriksen or other enemies so far. Gowther seems a tad OP but he does have some severe limitations. In terms of offensive capacities gowther is even inferior to guila. His body has quite some physical strength and his endurance is remarkable but his ability does not have any destructive capacity. His weapon does not actually enhance his illusion, it merely increases the range of it and if his fight against dreyfus means anything then he even needs to get in close range combat to use his more powerful techniques. Considering his illusions need to actually land on the target through shooting his bows and that he did need physical combat to get to dreyfus I would say that his techniques are actually quite blockable/evadable. It is simply a matter of having the level to do so.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gilthunder was better as an apathetic villain. Now he's just a boring good guy. Lightning is a alright power depending on it's use, but Gil doesn't really do anything fun with it.

That being said, while "tangible" Gil's power is way above most of the folk in this series that isn't a GHK or a Sin. I doubt anyone else, aside from those folks, could do anything about it. kkck already mentioned Snatch's effectiveness against those who are physically capable, so it isn't unblock-able. As for Invasion, I'm curious how effective the illusions are if they are against someone with a high mental fortitude. It's actually a double edged sword as we saw with Dreyfus/Fraudrin. If someone could withstand the illusion and actually attack Gowther while he's in their mind, he'll get weakened himself as well. I wonder what would have happened if Dreyfus realized it was an illusion earlier.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gilthunder was better as an apathetic villain. Now he's just a boring good guy. Lightning is a alright power depending on it's use, but Gil doesn't really do anything fun with it.

That being said, while "tangible" Gil's power is way above most of the folk in this series that isn't a GHK or a Sin. I doubt anyone else, aside from those folks, could do anything about it. kkck already mentioned Snatch's effectiveness against those who are physically capable, so it isn't unblock-able. As for Invasion, I'm curious how effective the illusions are if they are against someone with a high mental fortitude. It's actually a double edged sword as we saw with Dreyfus/Fraudrin. If someone could withstand the illusion and actually attack Gowther while he's in their mind, he'll get weakened himself as well. I wonder what would have happened if Dreyfus realized it was an illusion earlier.
I am thinking that the fraudrin situaition in itself might be exceptional. As far as we saw he possessed dreyfus and from there he manipulated hendriksen into madness. Seeing how he beat gowther in what would presumably be gowther's game, I am thinking that he probably has a similar skillset to gowther's. It would explain the possession and the influence he had over hendricksen whom he did not possess.

How is gilthunder not doing fun stuff with lightning? He is literally doing everything with it. He has covered all bases with it as far as we have seen. Perhaps the issue would be that basically everything has been done with lightning through many manga so lightning simply is not interesting in itself.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am thinking that the fraudrin situaition in itself might be exceptional. As far as we saw he possessed dreyfus and from there he manipulated hendriksen into madness. Seeing how he beat gowther in what would presumably be gowther's game, I am thinking that he probably has a similar skillset to gowther's. It would explain the possession and the influence he had over hendricksen whom he did not possess.

How is gilthunder not doing fun stuff with lightning? He is literally doing everything with it. He has covered all bases with it as far as we have seen. Perhaps the issue would be that basically everything has been done with lightning through many manga so lightning simply is not interesting in itself.
Hmm, that's a good point. I always figured the manipulation was external, like Hendricksen showed interest in demons at a certain point by himself and Fraudrin, from behind the scenes, supported that interest. Him using a mind power would make sense as well. His possession of Dreyfus seems to be more physical than anything however, seeing as how he is still capable of using his demonic "blood" or whatever to form wings. Plus there is his comment about him being wiped away should he have been around when the Goddess Seal broke.

True enough, but there are still a couple of series and characters that make it more interesting than Gil's, such as Brunch from Toriko or Eneru from One Piece. I'll admit though, it could be the plain portrayal of the lightning in the series.

Nico Brown

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hauser and Hendricksen are still my favs followed by Gilthunder.

Yoichi Hiruma

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gilthunder is actually one of the best lighting based fighters i have ever seen and read in a manga, his control over lighting is excellent and likely will become even stronger if we see him in action again