I forgot to ask, do you have contact with the person who does the S12 fanfic? If so I have a suggestion for Bradman, have him run a crappy prank channel via Lacrima and change his name to Ethan Bradmanberry, I can picture it so vividly...
F. Rogue, Azuma, God Serena, maybe Silver come to mind. F. Rogue got strong enough over 7 years to manipulate 10,000 dragons not named Acno... Azuma rocked Mira, tilted the Tenrou tree by himself, defeated Erza until friendship power came into play.. Goddy literally trashed the 4 strongest wizards on Ishgar should be the only example needed, Hiro knowingly putting himself in a hole so he had to get the strongest being in FT to murk him, he deserves our full respect
Silver maybe cause he froze the entire village and Atlas Flame, handled Gray but felt something was missing in his performance
I like Minerva now, think she's a cuter but with still a bad edge to her. I didn't like her at all in the GMG and wanted her to be beaten, I guess that can be seen as a villain doing her job.
Tbh I like both sides of Minerva a lot. I kinda enjoyed her strategies and how she manupilated her enemies during the Grand Magic Games which made her an awesome villian. As for in the current arc, it's pretty sweet how much she cares about Sabertooth.
My top 5 Villains and why. 1. Mard Geer
Back when I was an anime only guy for Fairy Tail, I never knew any good villains besides the rest on this list. Then when I started to read the manga I read the whole Tartorus Arc. Mard Geer became my favorite because he is one of my favorite things in anime besides gods, a demon king. Every demon king I have seen has been done right in their own way.
2. August
I never thought Hiro would do it. A villain who can control more magic than every other villain combined in the series. I hope August's hype isn't thrown out the window.
3. Acnologia
I love villains like Acno. One of the last of his race. Plus his human form is better than ever.
4.Dimaria
My favorite Spriggan. First she can control a god. Two she's really cute. And three she can control time.
5.Jellal(TOH)
Never thought I could like an anime guy with blue hair this much. TBH, Jellal has the most creative magic I've ever seen in anime history. His fight against Natsu, top notch.
Now here are my least favorite villains and why.
1.Neinhart
Neinhart was supposed to be my favorite Spriggan. I was so hyped for him. Good thing Bradman kept his hype. He is and looks like a fuckboy.
2.Future Rouge
I don't mind that he started an invasion because his cat died. But he had so many flaws. First why would he try to kill Gajeel? Second he knew that he was never going to be able to stop the dragons if they reveled against him.
3.Franmalth
Just fuck this guy. He had no real power. Anybody who can take peoples powers have no real fighting strength against anybody even if they already fought them, like how Hades fought Natsu
4.Zancrow
He started God Slayers and almost ruined them by dying. Plus he was owned by Natsu. It didn't help that Sherria lost her magic and Orga has one attack.
5.Jiemma
Anybody who rules with an iron fist I can deal with. But this guy is just terrible. Terrible Guild Master, father, and demon. All throughout Jiemma was terrible.
And those are my favorite and least favorite villains, I'll await responses
I'm a fan of antagonists, moreso then protagonists because they are usually written better (some of my favourite characters in all of manga are Madara, Aizen, Sir Crocodile, Hisoka etc...). The good guys are normally empty headed screamers who triumph via convenient power-ups or nakama power whereas the bad guys are the cool, calculated, masterminds who have ran the show since before the main protagonist was even born. Its always the bad guys that provide the readers with all the twists in the story. The bad guys are also a lot more varied in personality, whereas the good guys are basically type casted as a bunch of Goku's, villains can range from cold masterminds to crazy psychopaths. Good stuff. Anyways:
Favourite Spriggan 12:
1) August: Badass Old Man who cares for his comrades - What a wizard should be. Can't wait to see more.
2) Brandish - Fleshed out character with good set of interactions, badass personality, powers and design.
3) Irene - Mysterious, want to see more. Badass design, intimidating.
4) Invel - Badass design and I like the sound of his powers, want to see more. Hopefully not just a generic lacky.
5) Bradman - Badass design and powers. Accomplishment is taken away but he's still cool.
6) Ajeel - I love sand powers and cool design, wish he was a little less generic but he's fine.
7) God Serena - Started off very promising, didn't go anywhere aka not enough screentime.
8) DiMaria - Awesome design and cool power, not the biggest fan of her personality.
9) Wahl - Started off promising with a cool powers and awesome design, didn't like the end result.
10) Jacob - Started off promising with a badass personality, not a fan of the end result.
11) Neinhart - So much hype for this guy from his silhouette and name, TERRIBLE end result.
12) Larcade - Just a big question mark, can't even make out much from his silhouette, awesome name tho.
Tartarus Demons:
1) Mard Geer - Charismatic and manipulative. Had a lot of style. Not a fan of his powers but still one of my favs.
2) Silver - Awesome powers (ice) and character design. A fleshed out character.
3) Torafusa - The most level headed and down to earth demon. Cool EF design and powers.
4) Sayla - She's hot and had an awesome personality.
5) Franmalth - Funny AF, nothing else to add.
6) Kyouka - She's alright, I don't like or hate anything about her.
7) Jackal - Cool EF design but an idiot. Worst of the arrogant-badguy-who's-Natsus-first-fight trio.
8) Tempesta - Cool post-revival design but he got shafted twice. Just a punching bag.
9) Ezel - Not a fan at all.
10) Keith - Not a fan at all.
Grimmoire Heart:
1) Precht - Awesome character as a whole.
2) Azuma - Solid personality and decent character design, his powers are cooler version of Mards
3) Zancrow - Cool powers and character design, overly generic personality. Ajeel > Zancrow > Jackal.
4) Ultear - Not a fan of the switch but she's still a pretty cool character.
5) Bluenote - Awesome powers, nothing else to love or hate.
6) Meredy - Shes hot now, her powers are cringe worthy tho and her forgiving Ultear on a dime is also cringe worthy
7) Rustyrose - lol
8) Kain - lol
9) Zoldeo - Screw this guy
Those are just the big groups, to touch upon some individuals. Acnologia is the pinnacle of raw badass, but his personality is kinda bland. He's still pretty high on my favourites because of his powers and design and if he gets a proper backstory and motivations he might sky rocket to number one (depending on how well its done, if done). Zeref is written extremely well and my favourite character in Fairy Tail. I like the dual personality aspect, though the cold hearted one is the better of the two. Awesome character design, powers, sharp dialogue and fleshed out as a character. Props Kubo. I loved Minerva as a villain but her turn at Erzas hands (literally) was just cringe, as is her dialogue since being a good guy. Now she's just meh. Jose was a great villain with cool powers, his character design (particularly his face) was kinda silly but its whatever.
Overall Top 5:
1) Zeref
2) August
3) Brandish
4) Mard Geer
5) Acnologia
Honourable mentions: Precht and Irene.
I understand that characters like Brandish aren't really villains in nature, but I label her a villain for now since the Spriggan 12 are still "villains" at the end of the day and she made it clear that she's not leaving the group.
My top 5 Villains and why. 1. Mard Geer
Back when I was an anime only guy for Fairy Tail, I never knew any good villains besides the rest on this list. Then when I started to read the manga I read the whole Tartorus Arc. Mard Geer became my favorite because he is one of my favorite things in anime besides gods, a demon king. Every demon king I have seen has been done right in their own way.
2. August
I never thought Hiro would do it. A villain who can control more magic than every other villain combined in the series. I hope August's hype isn't thrown out the window.
3. Acnologia
I love villains like Acno. One of the last of his race. Plus his human form is better than ever.
4.Dimaria
My favorite Spriggan. First she can control a god. Two she's really cute. And three she can control time.
5.Jellal(TOH)
Never thought I could like an anime guy with blue hair this much. TBH, Jellal has the most creative magic I've ever seen in anime history. His fight against Natsu, top notch.
Now here are my least favorite villains and why.
1.Neinhart
Neinhart was supposed to be my favorite Spriggan. I was so hyped for him. Good thing Bradman kept his hype. He is and looks like a fuckboy.
2.Future Rouge
I don't mind that he started an invasion because his cat died. But he had so many flaws. First why would he try to kill Gajeel? Second he knew that he was never going to be able to stop the dragons if they reveled against him.
3.Franmalth
Just fuck this guy. He had no real power. Anybody who can take peoples powers have no real fighting strength against anybody even if they already fought them, like how Hades fought Natsu
4.Zancrow
He started God Slayers and almost ruined them by dying. Plus he was owned by Natsu. It didn't help that Sherria lost her magic and Orga has one attack.
5.Jiemma
Anybody who rules with an urin fist I can deal with. But this guy is just terrible. Terrible Guild Master, father, and demon. All throughout Jiemma was terrible.
And those are my favorite and least favorite villains, I'll await responses
Tbh I like both sides of Minerva a lot. I kinda enjoyed her strategies and how she manupilated her enemies during the Grand Magic Games which made her an awesome villian. As for in the current arc, it's pretty sweet how much she cares about Sabertooth.
OH MY GOD you're not even being subtle with that bait right there
I didn't like how Minerva was getting cocky, and especially when she tortured Lucy. But I see your point about why she would make a good villain, she was a boss. I like her a lot now as a ST nakama.
who are your favourite villains
so theres my top 5 villains:
1) Erza Knightwalker
2) Zancrow
3) Rusty
4) August
5) Acnologia
who wasn't a particularly good villain
for Example...? Franmalth from Tartaros. he was only an annoying brat, nothing but this.
are there any former villains you wish didn't turn to the good side
Ofc. i wish that Minerva didnt turn to the good side, she was really badass when she was evil. i liked her more then now while she was that evil.
Zeref is written extremely well and my favourite character in Fairy Tail. I like the dual personality aspect, though the cold hearted one is the better of the two
I disliked Zeref almost the most out of all FT characters, especially before the current arc. But I have come around somewhat, to the point where I am generally interested in him. Basically he's becoming a character now rather than the legendary Black wizard. The dual persona makes his cold hearted side more epic, and we should see something badass from him in this arc surely.
I disliked Zeref almost the most out of all FT characters, especially before the current arc. But I have come around somewhat, to the point where I am generally interested in him. Basically he's becoming a character now rather than the legendary Black wizard. The dual persona makes his cold hearted side more epic, and we should see something badass from him in this arc surely.
this is an fair, objective view to him, while I've always thought Zeref was one--if not the--of the best overall written characters in FT (Jellal, Ultear also) I think his wishy-washy personality kinda turned some people ooff who are used to the norm of being a "rah-rah" type of villain, who always wants to conquer the earth and blow shit up that we're accustomed to see from DBZ, Naruto and stuff. I gotta disagree that I think his sideways way of going about things made him FT's most interesting person, and his backstory is so well-written that he literally makes chapters better to me when he appears. Here's a dude who was prodigy a 400 years ago, researched black magic to revive his only brother, got cursed by the god of life and death for trying to bend the laws of life, killed his lover when he found love, is now in the midst of wanting to destroy all ties to him due to his mind being made up, with all coming into full circle just to kill himself. It feels more life-practical and natural with him, instead of just the ordinary "I wanna rule the world for my beliefs" it's more "I've seen some much wrong shit that it needs to absolved". Hiro killed it with his character, can't lie
5.Jiemma
Anybody who rules with an iron fist I can deal with. But this guy is just terrible. Terrible Guild Master, father, and demon. All throughout Jiemma was terrible.
5.Jellal(TOH)
Never thought I could like an anime guy with blue hair this much. TBH, Jellal has the most creative magic I've ever seen in anime history. His fight against Natsu, top notch.
Jellal was so awesome when he came out, his magic was really cool. I didn't really love him as a villain, but I liked him as a character. He's developed more too and that's really enhanced him for me.
1. Psycho Jellal - The perfect villain for a nice arc and my first one when i got into FT. Badass dude who was obsessed with Zeref, killed and tormented even his friends and brutal backstory.
2. Hades - God i loved this dude and was happy that he was the main villain in the best arc of FT. He didn't care what he was in the past and would kill the vast majority of mankind just so he can get what he wanted for so long. His fight with Team Natsu will always be one of my fav fights.
3. Acno - He came in like a boss and left nothing but despair. Toyed with the whole FT guild and showed them what a real threat looks like. Has one of the most badass designs (both forms) and loves to be the baddy just for the sake of being evil and being the strongest.
4. Zeref - A well build villain and mysterious right from the start. When we finally got more information about him i started to like him more. Best backstory so far and his curse thathas him constantly choosing between control and the value of life made him what he is. A different personality compared to most villains.
5. Azuma - Wasn't an idiot as most of his guild members. Loved to fight with strong opponents and gave his all and did everything to win. Also simple but cool design.
this is an fair, objective view to him, while I've always thought Zeref was one--if not the--of the best overall written characters in FT (Jellal, Ultear also) I think his wishy-washy personality kinda turned some people ooff who are used to the norm of being a "rah-rah" type of villain, who always wants to conquer the earth and blow shit up that we're accustomed to see from DBZ, Naruto and stuff. I gotta disagree that I think his sideways way of going about things made him FT's most interesting person, and his backstory is so well-written that he literally makes chapters better to me when he appears. Here's a dude who was prodigy a 400 years ago, researched black magic to revive his only brother, got cursed by the god of life and death for trying to bend the laws of life, killed his lover when he found love, is now in the midst of wanting to destroy all ties to him due to his mind being made up, with all coming into full circle just to kill himself. It feels more life-practical and natural with him, instead of just the ordinary "I wanna rule the world for my beliefs" it's more "I've seen some much wrong shit that it needs to absolved". Hiro killed it with his character, can't lie
Before (like not too long ago), I think I was really unsettled by him as I didn't understand him too well. I didn't know why he was supposed to be a villain. I didn't know Acno's motives either, but the guy wrecked Gildarts, soloed Tenrou and then got hype to solo the world. So I think I just began to ignore Zeref as a villain in a way and wrongfully look for negatives in him. I can remember when I stopped reading FT for a while, it was at the beginning of the Avatar arc. When I read again, the Memoirs chapter (436) was done, and that was when things started to make more sense about Zeref with the contradiction curse and backstory.
Your post is mainly describing how I kind of view him now tbh. A little different for some points. I still am unsure on why he wants to commit genocide. I think his actions are a culmination of 400+ years of witnessing the world and his experiences, as well as the influence of the curse. I also don't know if he should die as a villain, and if he does die, I think I'd prefer him to go down with Mavis in a loving way.
@Emperor Spriggan - I think I answered some of your question in here.
1) Acnologia. He's the largest threat in the series, and it shows. He's the one character that both sides of any conflict fears, and plans to take him down involve nothing less than securing an infinite source of power or time travel.
2) Hades. He's the villain that left the biggest impression on me.
3) Zeref. He doesn't really seem like a villain, but that's part of the appeal.
So should we start like a tourney or something because everybody seems to love
August
Acno
And Mard Geer the most.
Then when the votes are done we will call whoever the best villain in FT
My favs as far as I'm considered are:
1. The Dragon King: Acnologia
Honestly this guy has been a beast since Tenrou, he's been handing Fairy Tail their asses since Tenrou xD and even in the Alavarez arc he's been proving that he's second to none. 2. The Underworld King: Mard Geer
Favourite villain from Tartarus and he showed us the true power of Tartarus for me . Every time he sat on that damn throne, I got even more hyped for his awesomeness! 3. The Oracion Seis: Midnight and Cobra
I mainly loved their whole back story and how they grew up together from the start, it was really cool when Cobra was established as Dragon Slayer and Midnight's magic was so dope :P 4. The Fairy Hunter: Erza Knightwalker
She was ruthless powerful and she was Erza, enough said XD
Don't like Zeref, he cries too much and I don't find him menacing in the slightest.........
1. Acnologia
2. Hades
3. Azuma
4. Mard Geer
5. Erza Knightwalker