FeelsBadMan Zone

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Ah, what a shame. Many of the OP/EDs of Gintama are among my all time favorite OP/EDs in anime =(

Yeah I kind of doubt I will watch it tonight, but definitely tomorrow.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Yep, I feel the same so that was pretty disappointing =/ I wonder how long this season will be anyway, hopefully it's going to run for a long time because there's definitely enough material.

btw sorry for all the Clannad comments yesterday on IRC, wasn't my intention to spoil you. Just had to talk about it after finishing it yesterday, and I thought you were gone watching LB :s
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Hopefully at least 20+ episodes =) How many chapters are there available? I mean I'd stop before the entire shogun/war saga, maybe a bit before so that you can start on a light note and quickly move into an epic arc. After all it might be the last "main humor" we'd get in the anime.

No problem, I didn't get spoiled. I don't even remember what you said. I just left since I wasn't partaking in the convo and saw you were talking Clannad anyway xD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Hopefully at least 20+ episodes =) How many chapters are there available? I mean I'd stop before the entire shogun/war saga, maybe a bit before so that you can start on a light note and quickly move into an epic arc. After all it might be the last "main humor" we'd get in the anime.

No problem, I didn't get spoiled. I don't even remember what you said. I just left since I wasn't partaking in the convo and saw you were talking Clannad anyway xD
Well dude I can tell you it pretty much goes like 12/13 (one cour), 24/25 (2 cour), 36/37 (3 cour) or a full year and above (48+). Full year and above seems not very likely but not impossible, considering that each chap is quite textheavy. Last adaption stopped at 410 (finished Beam Saber Arc), so that basically makes it 125 chapters. They didn't adapt some chapters before, considering the last Gintama season basically was one arc after the other, quite a few single chapter/two chapter stories were ignored. Can't really say how much, but I would guess around another 30 or so. I would assume they have at least around a hundred chapters to animate outside of Shogun arc and what's coming afterwards.

I'm glad then :D Almost done with LB?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

One cour would be bullshit, I don't see that coming at all. 24 or 36 episodes seems most likely to me
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Hoping for 3 cour then 8) Sounds about the right amount, but probably at least 2 cours IMO. Maybe that's most likely, but I can't imagine anything less. So I agree with you.

I got 5 episodes left, so will end it tonight. I was considering doing it last night but it would get so fking late xD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Hoping for 3 cour then 8) Sounds about the right amount, but probably at least 2 cours IMO. Maybe that's most likely, but I can't imagine anything less. So I agree with you.

I got 5 episodes left, so will end it tonight. I was considering doing it last night but it would get so fking late xD
Well wouldn't mind one full year at all, that would prolly mean some lighthearted stuff left + everything Shogun, but it doesn't seem likely xD Who knows how they're going to handle this, I mean Gintama might very well end soon at this point, so maybe they will skip quite a lot of stuff and go at the Shogun arc/the rest after 20 episodes or so.

So, is it as great as Sky says? 8)
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Well I see no reason to not milk the series. Isn't the anime quite popular, despite all the internal jokes in the anime about the opposite? Gintama has a rather good "pop culture status" in Japan. A beloved series. I don't see the point of NOT animating everything unless certain content is just boring.

I can give a full opinion after I finish it (don't worry the rest here won't spoil you), but I feel the "pre-story" (first season) could've been done in less episodes. I kind of got extremely impatient. The cast is rather big and all of the females get their own "mini arcs", and I kind of didn't like two of them so every time they had focus I was like residentsleeper. I got to say though that watching the first season does feel a lot more rewarding once you begin the second (Refrain). I don't know how great Sky rates it, but I'd rate the entire first season as "OK/Good" although not my personal cup of tea as a WHOLE, even if I really enjoyed many episodes, characters and elements of it. And the second season is probably going to get a good personal rating from me. MAL kind of on my side here I feel.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

fuck this, clicked on a link by mistake and my post was gone... so annoying when you have to write everything again

___________________

You can find all your answers to that in the new Gintama OVA I just watched haha. Gonna skip my answers because you will be enlightened there :4head
but ofc, the anime was is still is really popular in Japan. Pretty much everything you said is correct, but the sales of the manga really went down in the recent years. Too lazy to look for yearly sales lists, but IIRC the manga lost around 10 million sales compared to it's peak.

Well if you don't like the focused on characters that's always pretty annoying =/ like I said though, it becomes too much of a slife of life party because the anime always removes the romance with the other girls and is focusing on the main girl. Well sometimes it's still possible to include one of the other female's story and thus adding drama (making this less slice of life/comedy) but that's not working too often I think.
Rating everything as "good" doesn't really sound like you were impressed, but I guess that's to be expected somehow.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

ouch, that sucks xD Happens to me occasionally since I write most of my posts in quick reply field, unless it's some bigger serious post haha. Even worthless walls I write in quick reply most of the time xD Dare deviilluuu.

oh really? Well I'll see tomorrow then :4head Yeah, but the anime seems popular enough for the anime to produce what content is available xD That's my point.

Romance wasn't really a big part of this show, so it's not "neglecting of the rest of the girls" in that sense. It's more of a show about growing up in general, becoming stronger mentally, which is all I can say without being too specific xD It's just all the characters have mini-arcs, and if you are meh about some of them it's kind of a boredom for a few episodes, not the biggest deal. In the end I liked all the characters as part of a dynamic group, but by themselves there were a couple I found really uninteresting and kind of too "otaku" if that's how I can put it. You'll know who they are immediately if you watch the show since it's basically the two girls with the most annoying "overly acted" voices and just seem like way too dumb for me, in a way.

Yeah good means I wasn't too impressed. You know how I'm either "this show is 10/10" or "OK" xD Hyperbole examples but it's sort of true too. The first season which was double the length of the second, was simply just not spectacular. It was just a good watch. The second on the other hand was much, MUCH better. Towards the end of it, it was really amazing, but I'm kind of disappointed at the same time as being very happy. I can't say why xD IDK I feel there's a better chance you'd like this show than it was for me, so would be interesting to compare opinions if you ever watch it.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

#demwallzback
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

If you use chrome, get Lazarus. Saves the shit you write. niichan = noob
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Firefox has Lazarus too. :nod
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

ouch, that sucks xD Happens to me occasionally since I write most of my posts in quick reply field, unless it's some bigger serious post haha. Even worthless walls I write in quick reply most of the time xD Dare deviilluuu.

oh really? Well I'll see tomorrow then :4head Yeah, but the anime seems popular enough for the anime to produce what content is available xD That's my point.

Romance wasn't really a big part of this show, so it's not "neglecting of the rest of the girls" in that sense. It's more of a show about growing up in general, becoming stronger mentally, which is all I can say without being too specific xD It's just all the characters have mini-arcs, and if you are meh about some of them it's kind of a boredom for a few episodes, not the biggest deal. In the end I liked all the characters as part of a dynamic group, but by themselves there were a couple I found really uninteresting and kind of too "otaku" if that's how I can put it. You'll know who they are immediately if you watch the show since it's basically the two girls with the most annoying "overly acted" voices and just seem like way too dumb for me, in a way.

Yeah good means I wasn't too impressed. You know how I'm either "this show is 10/10" or "OK" xD Hyperbole examples but it's sort of true too. The first season which was double the length of the second, was simply just not spectacular. It was just a good watch. The second on the other hand was much, MUCH better. Towards the end of it, it was really amazing, but I'm kind of disappointed at the same time as being very happy. I can't say why xD IDK I feel there's a better chance you'd like this show than it was for me, so would be interesting to compare opinions if you ever watch it.
Yeah, if it happens it's extremely annoying :XD Not really a big deal this time, because I didn't write that much, but it can be surprisingly hard to recall what you wrote exactly... xD

I hope you realized I meant the OVA and not the first episode right? The OVA's quality isn't so good (meanin low resolution = pretty small window if you want a rather sharp look) but that was worth it. Ichigo's Zangetsu parody appears again haha.

__________

No I don't think you got my point. The anime is based on a VN, and most VN have multiple routes focusing on one girl respectively. Basically telling her story, having more or less drama and ending up with you as a couple (not necessarily, but that's how it plays out more often than not). Thing is, most anime ignore those routes. Just not enough time to animate the massive content (usually a VN has at least 30-50 hours of playing time) and focusing on one girl makes more sense to the average anime watcher. To give you an example, Steins;Gate only animated the TRUE ROUTE and some tidbits from other ones to give the characters more background (I imagine that's how it was done for LB season 1 too). The other routes were mostly ignored for reasons I stated. Sometimes adding other routes work if there's hardly romance involved, for example two different routes outside from the "true" one were animated in Clannad because you could portray them without the MC necessarily going for the girl featured on that route. At other times it's necessary because each route provides you with a part of the truth, until everything finally gets resolved in the "true" route. Kinda complicated but I hope you get me :XD
That's why a story like LB, which is focusing more on romance/drama too, ends up as more or less slice of life/comedy during it's first part, until shit actually gets serious for real. A mystery story like Steins;Gate can be more easily adapted, because mystery plays a huge/good part of the story since the beginning.

Will prolly watch it at one point, after I've finished the VN XD Will tell you when obviously, so that we can exchange opinions =)

If you use chrome, get Lazarus. Saves the shit you write. niichan = noob
It happens so rarely, so I don't really see the need. Thanks anyway.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

It's still useful, believe me :4head
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Ah I thought you derped or some shit. Guess I should watch that too?

wow, so many words for explaining such a simple thing :4head Well I get what you mean, that does make sense. It's pretty much exactly what you say, comedy/slice of life with drama elements obviously until shit gets real.

Wonder what I'll get into next xD Maybe Clannad but pfff the art looks so shit. uuuh-
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Ah I thought you derped or some shit. Guess I should watch that too?

wow, so many words for explaining such a simple thing :4head Well I get what you mean, that does make sense. It's pretty much exactly what you say, comedy/slice of life with drama elements obviously until shit gets real.

Wonder what I'll get into next xD Maybe Clannad but pfff the art looks so shit. uuuh-
Well you should as a Gintama fan, obviously :nerd

Yeah, and the drama/romance obviously gets reduced by a lot because those "additional" routes or what you want to call them hardly are included in an anime adaption. That's why VN's like Steins;Gate work better animated, they have a bigger focus on the mystery and less on general themes like "growing up" or "family". Or more action-oriented ones like Fate/Stay Night ;)

Werll the art certainly is a bummer, I think it's even worse for the VN. That's what hold me back for so long too, but once you get used to that it's really not a big deal. My experience is that you end up appreciating the art somehow once you get over "this shit looks ugly lol", but "bad" art always makes me hesitate at first too. Considering you're a dramaboy lately the anime might not be a bad idea. One of my personal favourites is Elfen Lied ( http://myanimelist.net/anime/226/Elfen_Lied ), but it's certainly not for everyone. Quite heavy gore too, rumours of that actually made me start the anime xD

Something that always provides you with stuff to think about is Mushishi (beloved series by all the intellectual Otaku :derp): http://myanimelist.net/anime/457/Mushishi
but that's not something to watch episode after episode but rather an episode or two each day. Or the newly finished Death Parade. I mentioned that to you yesterday on IRC but I think you missed it. Really great one, and has that thinking/drama mix you look for ;XD

---------- Post added April 10, 2015 at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was April 09, 2015 at 08:50 PM ----------

Only look at this if you have seen the first episode of Gintama:


Only Gintama could pull this off :lmao

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

If you want more background:


---------- Post added April 11, 2015 at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was April 10, 2015 at 05:59 PM ----------

man if sky is gone and you ignore me I hardly have anyone to talk about Otaku things with... sad times D:

---------- Post added April 13, 2015 at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was April 11, 2015 at 11:42 PM ----------

First screenshots of the new Boruto movie:



Looks... okay I guess?

_________________________

oh and new movie from the creator of Wolfchildren Ame and Yuki:


Kinda looks like Karate Kid done right XD

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

wow am I the only one who posts in your thread... my post starts to look hilarious xD
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Well I could give it a shot :XD Not sure when but I've always kind of wanted to watch it even if the art puts me off. As for EL, heard a lot about it before so maybe.

Death Parade art looks great, and such a high ranking! I'll have to watch it at some point, maybe next xD For some reason I'm not really in the mood for DRRR, wtf.. As for Mushishi, I've seen that one plenty of times before when browsing, but never gotten to it.

Haha, not been in the mood I guess for replying, sorry xD

Yeah those pics look really lackluster. Sasuke in the forest again wtf... Looks like 700 animated for him. Boruto and Naruto both look weird in that pic. Sarada on the other hand looks great! I think for Boruto it's simply an unfortunate screenshot in the middle of facial movements. How much you wanna bet Sarada and Boruto fight in the chuunin exam, and Boruto forfeits or something to let Sarada win?

That movie looks amazing.... :kreygasm

Haha yes.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Well I could give it a shot :XD Not sure when but I've always kind of wanted to watch it even if the art puts me off. As for EL, heard a lot about it before so maybe.

Death Parade art looks great, and such a high ranking! I'll have to watch it at some point, maybe next xD For some reason I'm not really in the mood for DRRR, wtf.. As for Mushishi, I've seen that one plenty of times before when browsing, but never gotten to it.

Haha, not been in the mood I guess for replying, sorry xD

Yeah those pics look really lackluster. Sasuke in the forest again wtf... Looks like 700 animated for him. Boruto and Naruto both look weird in that pic. Sarada on the other hand looks great! I think for Boruto it's simply an unfortunate screenshot in the middle of facial movements. How much you wanna bet Sarada and Boruto fight in the chuunin exam, and Boruto forfeits or something to let Sarada win?

That movie looks amazing.... :kreygasm

Haha yes.
Well there's enough good stuff to check out, that's for sure :XD

I guess you could check out the pilot, Death Billiards ( http://myanimelist.net/anime/14353/Death_Billiards ), if you like that there's no way you could dislike the series xD They actually made a series out of this because the OVA was so well-received.
I guess you might as well wait considering there's a lot more Durarara coming up, but your choice obviously haha. Mushishi isn't for everyone I guess, but it's definitely a great anime. Kinda like Gintama where you can watch a few episodes here and there, just on the other side of the spectrum (hardly any comedy, like I said this certainly is a "thinking anime" xD)

It's okay, I'm used to you not replying for days :amuse

Almost sure that's going to happen, yeah :lmao Well I don't give much for single pictures, usually it looks just fine once you see it moving. I think good animation is the last thing to worry about for a Naruto movie :XD

I know, right? Honestly his movies always look great. Maybe not as good as Makoto Shinkai movies (where it almost looks like reality sometimes). I'm sure you've seen bits and pieces of his work, or IIRC you actually wanted to watch Garden of Words at some point but you prolly forgot.
Anyway, seems like Hosoda really is into the beast/human stories lately huh? First wolves, now it's a big bear XD Movie will prolly be great, even if I think it's hard to top Ame and Yuki.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

And considering you ignored my Gintama related comments you still didn't watch the first episode lol?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Why would I watch that movie? I'll just check out the series and decide if I like it or not...

IDK, but Sarada vs Boruto is pretty much the only interesting battle we could see, most likely. Unless the other rookies are given appropriate screentime and interest is built up around them, which is hard for a movie. But then again the movie can feed off of interest built up during the short Gaiden, so I guess it could work out just fine with Boruto x random etc. Yeah I just think it's unfortunate shots. Animation should be top notch. I actually checked out Road to Ninja a while back, shortly after Naruto ended and the animation there is for the most part rather average (normal anime standard) honestly. Only during the fights does it seriously level up. The Last however looks to have super animation throughout the full movie. I bet the same will apply for this one.

Well the previous movie was very emotional about growing up and parentage. I doubt it can top it since the emotional aspect will be almost impossible to match with the setting the new movie seems to have. But you can tell bonds are a huge part of this one too, and growing up, so maybe it will be similar thematically. Looking forward to it.

Yeah I haven't.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Why would I watch that movie? I'll just check out the series and decide if I like it or not...

IDK, but Sarada vs Boruto is pretty much the only interesting battle we could see, most likely. Unless the other rookies are given appropriate screentime and interest is built up around them, which is hard for a movie. But then again the movie can feed off of interest built up during the short Gaiden, so I guess it could work out just fine with Boruto x random etc. Yeah I just think it's unfortunate shots. Animation should be top notch. I actually checked out Road to Ninja a while back, shortly after Naruto ended and the animation there is for the most part rather average (normal anime standard) honestly. Only during the fights does it seriously level up. The Last however looks to have super animation throughout the full movie. I bet the same will apply for this one.

Well the previous movie was very emotional about growing up and parentage. I doubt it can top it since the emotional aspect will be almost impossible to match with the setting the new movie seems to have. But you can tell bonds are a huge part of this one too, and growing up, so maybe it will be similar thematically. Looking forward to it.

Yeah I haven't.
It's not a movie, that's just a bullshit description from MAL. It was part of the Young Animator Training Project called Anime Mirai, in 2012. Just 20 minutes long and it serves as a good introduction to the actual series, so you could watch it first :XD There actually are a few references in the anime which you won't realize if you haven't seen the pilot, but just saying.

Well I imagine they will use the material from the Gaiden to give us a closer look at the other kids too, Sarada and Boruto alone is hardly enough. Would be nice to see some family time too (Naruto/Hinata/Boruto/Himawari). Yeah, I think it's easier to pour more money into the next movie considering they don't have to spend as much on the anime at this point, considering they have the end in sight. Which reminds me, still stupid fillers in Shippuuden :residentsleeper I guess they will stretch the anime until around the time the movie airs. Maybe end it just before, and then people can watch Boruto movie all hyped XD

Yeah prolly hard to top, but his movies always have a serious thematic focus. Looks like it's more on the fun side this time though, I don't really mind. If it's only the same time of anime/movie each time it gets too repititive.

Wow, you deserve a fist from Kagura!

---------- Post added April 15, 2015 at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was April 14, 2015 at 04:57 PM ----------

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fea...d-your-questions-for-a-lull-in-the-sea/.87129

I sure would have quite a few questions, especially at the director :amuse
 
Top