Re: NEW niichan nag thread: With even MORE nagging!
Holy shit you sound like Utsune now in terms of "I wanna play vs bots only!!, you realize that, don't you?
I mean all you have to do if you are dps spec, is let the tank lead the way and dps the mobs he pulls. There's nothing to be afraid of xD
---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------
There's not many addons that are necessary. I used to play with an assload of addons in the past. Before you didn't have addons like Bartender to fully update your UI either, you had to have multiple addons for each aspect of the UI.
Most addons just help make things more organized/tidy and gives you enhanced/better overview. For example Tidyplates > normal enemy name plates since you can edit the bars to show %hp (if you have an execute at e.g. 30% hp then that's really useful), and it allows you to show dots you've put on every target in the name plate. For a rogue that uses a dot on every mobs in a dungeon it's really mandatory to be able to monitor when dots are running out and what targets are not affected by your dots. Similarly Classtimer is for monitoring your buffs/procs/dots in a more appealing visual sense that tracking small squares under the target frame. Watching a longer bar with decreasing graphic which shows every second decreasingly is really performance enhancing. Again this is mostly for PvE dungeons/raids. As a hunter I'm not sure this really is much of a problem, but on a class like Warlock it would be almost 100% necessary to play properly, and on rogues it's really useful too.
Another good addon is a mail addon, Auctioner it's called IIRC (using memory from years ago here xD), it's nice if you sell things on the AH and are bored of clearing your mail box for eternity, since it allows you to instantly clear your mailbox instead of clicking on 20 items etc. Deadly Boss mod is super good for high lvl dungeons/raids, but I haven't bothered with it, although I should. Grid for raid frame overview since Blizzard's standard raid hp overview sucks dick. But all of these are useless for you right now. Bartender is a good visual upgrade if you care about such things so you basically use what you should. If you get into dungeons I'd download Recount, dps meter, it makes everything more fun and you start to see why you suck or do well xD