FeelsBadMan Zone

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

:kreygasm
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Yo Gary I'm going to check a newly opened and highly popular private WoW server tomorrow that is set on patch 1.12 of Vanilla (Naxx patch I think). My rl mate has made a char there and made a char on a similar server before. We just gonna check it out XD Will probably get bored quickly since lvling was THE DREAD back then.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Kil'jeaden also dropped a legendary bow (which needed no arrows and made insane damage, so that was pretty hax at the time). Lichking had Shadowmourne, basically a counterpart to Frostmourne, which you had to forge IIRC. Also Val'anyr. There were two in Cataclysm, though I had to look that up. Pretty lame stuff if you ask me, compared to the old legendary's.
Haha, ofc legacy shit is best, the elitist way :4head

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Lol, I forgot about Shadowmourne and the Bow without need of Quiver. LOL can you remember that shit, when hunters ran out of arrows, that was so annoying xD

"OH SHIT IM OUT OF ARROWS OMF-" raid auto wipes from 100% loss of dps from one of the main dpsers. LOL.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Haha, ofc legacy shit is best, the elitist way :4head

Lol, I forgot about Shadowmourne and the Bow without need of Quiver. LOL can you remember that shit, when hunters ran out of arrows, that was so annoying xD

"OH SHIT IM OUT OF ARROWS OMF-" raid auto wipes from 100% loss of dps from one of the main dpsers. LOL.
I meant that the old legendarys just were a lot cooler than the new ones xD

lol yeah, it's so long ago I almost forgot about it. Hunters running out of arrows was pretty funny and kinda dumb, but I've never played a Hunter so I'm not sure if the guys were at fault or if you needed such an INSANE amount of arrows to last for a whole raid.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Definitely, but the newest legendaries have all been "everyone can have one!" boring pieces on top of it (cap and ring), unless there were more in MoP that I'm unaware of. Hard to compare any legendary to the old ones though, especially Twin Blade of Azzinoth... Such an amazing legendary piece.

Depended on how long the raid was. Sometimes people flat out forgot to restock pre-raid, and sometimes it lasted so long/so many shots that you used an insane amount and ran out. Was rare, especially when hunters were seasoned, but it did happen xD I remember it happening a ton of times when I was lvling up a hunter though, lol. Was so annoying every time having to forcefully hearthstone.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Yeah, Legendary weapons have kind of lost some "umph" due to the life-cycle of expansions.

Vanilla lasted for eternity, so you had time to get the items, and they were so good that you really didn't get any better. Thunderfury was better than any Naxx sword, despite being made from Blackwing Lair (two tiers below Naxx). Sulfuras (Rag hammer) was eventually outscaled by Naxx 2handers IIRC, as well as I think the 2hander from C'thun in AQ40, but that was a Molten Core weapon so it was alright, especially considering how early MC was in the life of the game. Thunderfury was fucking legendary to get however, with having to kill a World Boss and shit, was so kreygasm event, and it was so insanely cool compared to other swords that you looked like a god to others (and were too, I wanted it so bad for PvP rip..). There was even a legendary in Naxx which was super late in the game, and that was BTW Atiesh if you didn't know =P So weird to have it spawn from Naxx though... Made no sense and felt forced...

The circumstance was also different for TBC. TBC was released with all content available. BT was actually not available though, but it was made available very quickly after launch, and just stood there, taunting guilds to get in. But it took months before anyone could do the bosses inside due to the difficulty in clearing Tempest Keep and Vashj' place whatever it was called. In that sense it was a more fitting way to add legendaries there, since the last raid wasn't thrown out a few months before the end of the expansion, but was available almost from the beginning... After that though Blizzard began with the system they have now. Things aren't "just there but no one can do it anyway". Legendaries would have to scale really hard to be "legendary", or added in the last patch which makes it really shit since they don't last many months...

Were there actually any legendaries in WOTLK? I can't remember there being any O_O That's so odd. Frostmourne......? It didn't deserve it? I realize the lore makes it make no sense to be wielded by heroes, but..... I can't remember there being any in Cataclysm either... MOP had the cape...
Well yeah, just mentioned Atiesh because Khadgar has it for some reason :kappa. And Mythic SoO Garrosh dropped Gorehowl back before WoD supposedly, so that would be a retread as well. But can't really think of anything other than that. :s

I think MoP had capes and WoD has rings because it's shit everyone can equip. They're highly customizable, and in WoD at least, they act as a HUGE ilvl buff early on. Probably exist solely for that purpose, since we have 4 different lockouts each raid.

It is kind of cool to have class-specific attunement-ish quests though. Say what you want about Monks, but it was a nice touch to have to return to Kun-Lai at certain milestones to learn more about your class, etc. Not really the same thing, but class-specific lore quests add a lot of flair to the experience IMO.

There was a Legendary 2H hammer from Ulduar

Yeah, what niichan said about Shadowmourne. That questline seems super long, and people are still doing it till the this day.

In Cata there was a staff that turned you into a dragon, and a dagger set for Rogues.

Yo Gary I'm going to check a newly opened and highly popular private WoW server tomorrow that is set on patch 1.12 of Vanilla (Naxx patch I think). My rl mate has made a char there and made a char on a similar server before. We just gonna check it out XD Will probably get bored quickly since lvling was THE DREAD back then.
Wow, thanks for the LINK! :4head
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Why would Patch 1.12 be considered Vanilla? I thought that was way past what was considered that?

And how do you get in? Invite only?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Class specific quests have always been fun, but all the class specific quests are missed out (for anyone not Monk I guess), since you never go back to your class trainers anymore unless you are going there to learn dual spec/respecc. Plus the rewards are garbage with Heirlooms existing + lvls going so fast by that it's simply not worth it. But the old vanilla class quests don't really offer that much "cool factor" honestly. No doubt that improved for Monk since it's far deeper into the content and Blizzard learn a COUPLE of storytelling tricks along the way. DK's are rather cool with their starting zone for example. Would've liked a rewamp on that to add more class lore... I mean that's an EXTREMELY easy fix. Just put in some quests that automatically appear in your log when you hit certain levels.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Yeah but like I mentioned somewhere else, literally the only reason Worgen and Goblin Monks don't exist is because they were too lazy to code quest content into the Cata starting zones. So the idea that it's so simple doesn't really mean anything. :XD. There's also the fact that there is clear and obvious lore backgrounds to some classes, and even some class/race combinations. Like Draenei Shaman or Paladin, for instance. It's practically nonexistent for others, mainly Warriors/Hunters/Rogues.

But I meant Class questlines as a part of endgame stuff. But I guess shoehorning a dozen different questlines into an expansion wouldn't make much sense.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Why would Patch 1.12 be considered Vanilla? I thought that was way past what was considered that?

And how do you get in? Invite only?
No, 1.12 was the last Vanilla patch. Vanilla lasted a long time dude, there was no x.1-4 only throughout a "pack" xD 1.11 was the Naxx patch for example, says a lot about how close it was to TBC when it was an extremely hard raid that was also MASSIVE ^^

No what, it's free for anyone. My mate just gave me that link. I haven't looked more around yet except watching the intro 2min video.

Oh and lol, 2.3 was "Gods of Zul'Aman" xD A patch with the major selling point as a troll 5man dungeon LOL!!! :XD

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Yeah but like I mentioned somewhere else, literally the only reason Worgen and Goblin Monks don't exist is because they were too lazy to code quest content into the Cata starting zones. So the idea that it's so simple doesn't really mean anything. :XD. There's also the fact that there is clear and obvious lore backgrounds to some classes, and even some class/race combinations. Like Draenei Shaman or Paladin, for instance. It's practically nonexistent for others, mainly Warriors/Hunters/Rogues.

But I meant Class questlines as a part of endgame stuff. But I guess shoehorning a dozen different questlines into an expansion wouldn't make much sense.
The green fire Warlock quest sounds :kreygasm Was one of the reasons I felt like lvling a lock.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

No, 1.12 was the last Vanilla patch. Vanilla lasted a long time dude, there was no x.1-4 only throughout a "pack" xD 1.11 was the Naxx for example, says a lot about how close it was to TBC when it was an extremely hard raid that was also MASSIVE ^^

No what, it's free for anyone. My mate just gave me that link. I haven't looked more around yet except watching the intro 2min video.

Oh and lol, 2.3 was "Gods of Zul'Aman" xD A patch with the major selling point as a troll 5man dungeon LOL!!! :XD
Ah, they're using Vanilla pretty loosely then... Vanilla in software is supposed to mean "out of the box". I thought after the first few patches it was just considered "Classic".

Well...a patch with a new instance that isn't a raid isn't that common anymore...troll or not :(

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

The green fire Warlock quest sounds :kreygasm Was one of the reasons I felt like lvling a lock.
What you mean by sounds? lol
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

? Expression for saying it seems amazing. Don't you know about the green fire lock quest?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

? Expression for saying it seems amazing. Don't you know about the green fire lock quest?
rofl, I didn't take the kreygasm as being a part of the sentence :lmao

No I don't
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Wut... IDK, Vanilla WoW is how most people seem to refer to WoW (or Classic WoW) pre-expansions, so I always called it that too.

The troll dungeon patch was between Black Temple and Sunwell, rofl.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Wut... IDK, Vanilla WoW is how most people seem to refer to WoW (or Classic WoW) pre-expansions, so I always called it that too.

The troll dungeon patch was between Black Temple and Sunwell, rofl.
Ah, I was under the impression that it was when the game was the most hardcore/unforgiving, and over the lifetime of Classic, it somehow became "less" hardcore or something. Especially since everyone refers to TBC being the glory days of raiding, meaning it somehow returned to when the game was "harder"...idk :XD

It wasn't a R A I D...doesn't count :4head
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

rofl, I didn't take the kreygasm as being a part of the sentence :lmao

No I don't
:kreygasm

=O Well it seemed really cool to me. Basically warlocks were able to go through a long quest chain (IIRC it was a drop in a raid or something) which involves going into Black Temple etc later on. IIRC they also had to go through a portal and briefly visit Argus, home world of the Legion and shit like that. So fking cool. Some major lore points in the quest and an assload of hints about future content, including hints about Illidan's true purpose on Outland and possible role in the future through "revival".

A video I found.


Now the quest is accessible to any warlock I think, so it would be so cool with demonic (green) fire on all spells :kreygasm

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Hmm, I seem to misremember the Argus part, that must've been some other shit, but I was sure it was this warlock thing, hmmmm....
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

wtf, what does that have to do with Pandaria? :XD

I mean it's cool, but so random looking

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Hmm, I seem to misremember the Argus part, that must've been some other shit, but I was sure it was this warlock thing, hmmmm....
Are you maybe thinking of the quest where we go to another planet that was already ravaged by the BL to fight a demon or something? It was in WoD wasn't it?

...man I can't remember

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Ah yeah it was Xandros. We kill some demon with Liadrin's and Maladaar's help.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Hmm... maybe I am...

I can't remember having done that quest though, how weird, I have completed Talador... Twice.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

Yeah, I feel like if saw a glimpse of Argus it would be way more epic. People want an expansion where we find out Alleria and Turalyon went there and we go planet hopping.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) Land of 4Head and Kapparonis

What would they be doing there anyway xD

I don't honestly know why people are so obsessed with those characters either.
 
Top