Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

Who will win the World Cup?


  • Total voters
    48

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If Ryoma does watch USA vs Switzerland, I wonder how he'd react (ie: are they more of a threat or USA was useless without the Echizen brothers there).
Well, they seem to have beaten Belgium - another top 10 team - in record time and both Ryoma and Momoshiro agreed that the US looks really strong. They must still have a strong team, just not quite enough to get past the top 3 without the brothers.
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
What do you imagine the score against Switzerland will be? USA would score at least once match from Switzerland I recon.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm hoping for a 3-2. Konomi has a habit of using straight set wins in these types of matches, but it'd undersell the American team if that happened here in my eyes.
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I'm actually hoping we have a Ralph vs Amadeus singles 1. That could be amazing. Mirror Murray vs Federer in some form.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So, as some people know, I've recently been leaning towards two developments:
  1. Marui won't play again. There are limited slots and while Marui didn't play in the group league, he's been kind of dropping for me because (1) he already had a strong showing with a major upgrade vs the G10, and (more importantly) (2) he doesn't seem to have any unresolved plot lines. His motivation vs Kimijima and Tohno was to help Yukimura and he accomplished that.
  2. There could be a no-game against Germany resulting in a sixth match. Not much to this one, but I find it suspicious that Germany has eight named characters rather than only seven.
After thinking about it some more, I find those two ideas fit together in a rather unexpected way.

While I do believe Marui might not play in another match, I also expect a bunch of characters that don't get to play themselves to be useful in some other way. So what could Marui do if he doesn't play? I wonder, leaving his admiration for Kimijima aside, didn't he actually kind of negotiate during the G10 match? Right at the beginning after dodging Guillotine, he told Tohno to try and hit him again. Isn't that similar to what Kimijima does in the sense that it's supposed to influence the opponent's actions with words? And supposing that it is, could it maybe be expanded upon?

What I'm thinking is that Marui, maybe together with Niou who could illusion one of the coaches or high schoolers, is going to make a deal with Germany before the semis about both of their line-ups. I'm not sure exactly what the deal could be (maybe leaking Japan's line-up), but it'd result in Tezuka not being part of Germany's initial line-up, which would make him the prime candidate for the extra match later.
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
My predictions for SF and Finals:

SF (vs Germany): Players: Byodouin, Tanegashima, Ochi, Kite, Fuji, Ryoma and Kaji.

Japan:
D2: Kite/Kaji
D1: Tanegashima/Ochi
S3: Fuji
S2: Ryoma
S1: Byodouin

Germany:
D2: Bismarck/Siegfried
D1: Schneider/Bertie
S3: Tezuka
S2: Q.P.
S1: Volk

Finals (vs Switzerland): Players: Atobe, Oni, Yukimura, Kintarou, Ryoma, Tokugawa and Irie.

Japan:
D2: Atobe/Irie
D1: Oni/Yukimura
S3: Kintarou
S2: Tokugawa
S1: Ryoma

Switzerland:
D2: Ranbiell/Henri
D1: Albert/???
S3: ?????
S2: Amadeus
S1: Ryoga
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I don't see Byodoin playing against Germany, he has no story with Germany but with Amadeus.Swap out Tokugawa with Byodoin and you've got a good lineup. Tokugawa won't win against Amadeus.

Albert would probably pair up with Randy.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Albert would probably pair up with Randy.
That's not possible if Ryoga joins them. Each team can use four HSers at most, and Ryoga, Amadeus, Peter and Albert makes four already.

@LetalHawk
Who is the focus character in Tanegashima/Ochi?
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
My theory is Ryoga won't join Switzerland. While I do believe Ryoma will get the last match of the entire series, it will one where he is at home playing Ryoga, not an official match. Sort of like the movie match.
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
That's not possible if Ryoga joins them. Each team can use four HSers at most, and Ryoga, Amadeus, Peter and Albert makes four already.

@LetalHawk
Who is the focus character in Tanegashima/Ochi?
It's true that both of them had the spotlight in their own matches at the Group League, but if Konomi paired them up, my money is on Tanegashima. Of course, he wouldn't completely overshadow Ochi, but he has yet to lose a match and, against the two German pros, I think he could recieve some sort of upgrade and be the focus character, but still lose in the end. Ochi, on the other hand, already showed that he can rally at an interdimensional level and that his mach at 100% surpasses the serve of a pro, and I think that's the limit of his strength (I'm completely certain that the German pros would return Mach after a few tries with no problem at all). With this, I don't think Konomi would be too generous with Ochi (giving him a reasonable upgrade); but with Tanegashima, I do think he would get the spotlight in that match.

I don't see Byodoin playing against Germany, he has no story with Germany but with Amadeus.Swap out Tokugawa with Byodoin and you've got a good lineup. Tokugawa won't win against Amadeus.

Albert would probably pair up with Randy.
I personally disagree with this, Chinky. If Ryoga ends up playing for Switzerland, then Randy would lose his spot to him. In fact, the four HS would be Amadeus, Ryoga, Albert and Peter. As for Byodouin, I think that the same incident that happened two years ago will happen again (being too kind for his own good and injuring himself again, maybe before the finals are played). Also, there's the fact that Amadeus is equal to Byodouin, they have a similar playstyle (both injure people) and, imo, is perfect for Tokugawa's final match. He could finally beat a pro and beat somebody who is equal in some way to Byodouin, having some sort of "revenge", and since Tokugawa already played Volk in the pre-WC, and Byodouin wanted to play against him, I'm leaning towards that development.

I'm pretty sure Tokugawa can and will win against Amadeus. He's equal to Byodouin, and there's no doubt Tokugawa, at that point in the finals, will be strong enough to beat that kind of player.

On another note, I could change my line-up after seeing the fanbook thread. If you already know about this, there's a new Swiss representative unveiled in the fanbook (Tatsuta), who is stated to be as strong as Amadeus. I think that he'll play Kintarou, with the HS being Ryoga, Tatsuta, Amadeus and Peter, without Albert and Randy playing.
 
Last edited:

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
While you do make good points regarding Tokugawa and Byodoin, don't you want to see flashbacks of Byodoin vs Amadeus? That would more or less happen only if they played the match. Besides, Amadeus wants to have a rematch with Byodoin. Tokugawa can get revenge for losing against Volk. There's nothing wrong with that.

Regarding Byodoin/Volk, I think Byodoin was confident enough he could take on Volk, not really want to have a match. Tokugawa wanted to have the match, Byodoin believed he could win.

The Tatsuta guy would be a good opponent for Oni. Oni seems like he should be able to take on a pro. If Tatsuta is equal to Amadeus, he is pro level. The Japanese players that deserve to go against a pro include Duke vs Camus, Volk vs Oni/Tokugawa, Byodoin vs Amadeus (we know this happened). Ryoma vs Ryoga will happen at home in-front of Nanjiro probably.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I've been thinking lately that if Ryoma does have a post-WC match, it should actually be vs Byoudouin. There are a few points in favor of this scenario:
  • For starters, obviously that this simply can't happen during the WC itself, unlike e.g. Ryoma vs Ryoga.
  • Ryoma and Byoudouin agreed to face each other once the WC is over back in chapter 229.
  • It seems like a fitting end if Ryoma fights for the no. 1 badge, I think, especially if Byoudouin beats one of the top pros during the tournament.
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Your theory clashes with Tokugawa though. He still wants to play Byodoin as well. He'll lead the Japan reps in his 3rd year of HS.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It doesn't necessarily clash. There won't be a WC when Tokugawa is a third year, it'll probably be an Asia Cup or something along those lines instead. But since it's a different tournament, MSers may well not be included (and even if they are, the HSers and MSers have separate no. 1s and captains).

Also, Ryoma playing Byoudouin doesn't prevent Tokugawa from doing the same either way - Ryoma himself will play others like Kintarou and Akutsu too after all. It's just a question of what we get to see and what we don't get to see.
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Is the WC every 4 years?
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
So Mouri will lead Japan when he becomes a 3rd year XD
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So Mouri will lead Japan when he becomes a 3rd year XD
Well, by then the current third year MSers will be second year HSers, so I'd assume one of them will be captain for the next WC.
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
If Oni/Irie paired up, do you think they could take on Germany's d1 pair?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If Oni/Irie paired up, do you think they could take on Germany's d1 pair?
As far as their individual skill is concerned, I think it's possible. I'm not convinced of Oni's abilities as a doubles player though since he split up what presumably was a no. 5/6 pair in the G10 challenge and then didn't make an appearance in the Pre-WC even though Japan seemed set on using a lot of their top players there.
 
Top