Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

Who will win the World Cup?


  • Total voters
    48

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
You cannot say that Japan will lose to Germany.. no matter the case, Japan gonna win the world cup.. Volk will play s1 and lose.. Byodoin, Tokugawa and Tanegashima is more than enough to beat Volk.. in final, we can see that Byodoin vs Medanore in s1 and Ryoma vs Ryoga in s3.. for sure Ryoga beat Raplh in other semi.. then for third place, Reinhart beat QP.. so all the key players will suffer lose in the end... there could be someone who are better..
Volk may lose. But it is a disrespect using that " More than enough" phrase. Tokugawa? Hahaha. Tane admitted he will not win against volk. Only byo has a chance.


Well, we just need to wait.

That "Protagonist Plot Armor" always worked on POT. Not sure about that is the case for "NPOT"

Japan losing to germany pre world cup. And
Japan losing to Swiss 0-3 makes them vulnerable to a loss. They are not that
" japan is the prota, they cannot lose" thing anymore.

Ps: After the chapters, we will see who are right among all of us. As like in the past. There are right and wrong predictions. I remember swiss even being predicted to be in the finals.LOL.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I want to counter the protagonist always win argument. By using top animes.

1. One piece- Luffy lost to kaido and big mom.
2. Dragon Ball- Goku lost to Beerus.
3. Slam Dunk- Shouku lost to Kainan and Aiwa.
4. Kuroko- Seirin lost to Touu academy
5. Ace of Diamond- Seido lost in finals many times.
6. Major- Japan lost to USA
7. Hikaru Go- Hikaru has many losses. I believe japan lost too?(not following anymore)
9. Knockout- Ippo lost to tate, ricardo, and other 2 boxers.
10. Inazuma 11 go- dont think they will win the world cup.

See, most of these are sports shonen.

So I dont think Japan and Ryoma are unbeatable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

André Vinícius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
32
Age
25
Country
Brazil
Volk may lose. But it is a disrespect using that " More than enough" phrase. Tokugawa? Hahaha. Tane admitted he will not win against volk. Only byo has a chance.
I think Tokugawa has more chance than Byodoin based on what was show until now. I believe many put Byodoin as the best in Japan because they hope he has something else that wasn't show because all I remember was Tokugawa easily taking care of him. This is the same case for Tezuka, a lot of people just think that he has more to show than what we already saw and my bet is that he doesn't, what Tezuka learned was improve his stats, posture and things like that, with just Hyakuren, Phantom and TnK he already draw attention to become a pro so he doesn't really need anything else flashy.

PS: what I mean by easily is that Tokugawa wasn't dying to take care of Byo like Dorgias was with Kintaro
So I dont think Japan and Ryoma are unbeatable.
If I'm not wrong Ryoma is suposedly invincible in official maches right ?
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I think Tokugawa has more chance than Byodoin based on what was show until now. I believe many put Byodoin as the best in Japan because they hope he has something else that wasn't show because all I remember was Tokugawa easily taking care of him. This is the same case for Tezuka, a lot of people just think that he has more to show than what we already saw and my bet is that he doesn't, what Tezuka learned was improve his stats, posture and things like that, with just Hyakuren, Phantom and TnK he already draw attention to become a pro so he doesn't really need anything else flashy.

PS: what I mean by easily is that Tokugawa wasn't dying to take care of Byo like Dorgias was with Kintaro


If I'm not wrong Ryoma is suposedly invincible in official maches right ?
So far yes. Even in unofficial matches, only Tezuka,Nanjiroh, Toku. kiko was able to beat him.(And maybe fuji if it was not interrupted).

But I think Konami can surprise us and give us a plot twist. That Ryoma can lose.

Just like we taught fuji is also invincible in singles match. He was destroyed by shiraishi.

Just like we taught Tezuka is unbeatable, he was beaten by atobe and sanada.

Ryoma cannot even beat Kiko. It will be ridiculous for him to beat volk/ryoga/medanore tier. There is a reason Duke is selected to fight camus and not ryoma. Ryoma cannot beat camus.

Ps: And even if Ryoma doesnt lose. That does not mean japan will win the world cup. His teammates can Lose.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ps: I am not sure if Ryoma will play against germany or spain
 
Last edited:

iamred

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 13, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Country
United States
If Konomi is ending the series with this, then Japan will in all likelihood win 3-2. Japan is the new prince of the tennis world, and there is no way they would lose if this is the end of the series.

If that is the case, I was thinking about whose character arcs are now complete or near to it (e.g. Oni, Mori, Duke, Tohno, Kimijima, Akutsu, Sanada, Nioh, Renji, Shiraishi, and maybe Kirihara if my below reasoning is right) and whose are still incomplete to try to map out how the final matches in the WC will look.

Whether Japan's D1 wins or loses depends on how Yukimura vs. Tezuka plays out and could impact how I would predict the rest of the matches, which I think was set up very well and why I also believe Konomi might put Ryoma vs. Ryoga at S2 with both countries tied at 1-1 or even in S3. But I think that matchup is clear and also that Tokugawa could be given the opportunity to close S1, on which see below.

I think Yukimura will lose to Tezuka. It's currently 6-5 with Yukimura, so it is seemingly close. But we haven't even seen any of Tezuka's improvements since leaving the Japan camp very early on in NPOT and he is already playing well against Yukimura's upgrades, so even with Yukimura winning a set and showing Kirihara that TnK can indeed be beaten without aura (closing both of their arcs, especially if Kintarou loses against a Spaniard without aura), I expect Tezuka to win so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a pro. This means Japan will have to win D1 and S1 against Germany. So I predict the following:

Japan vs. Germany remaining matches

Ochi/Fuji - D1 (wins: Fuji's last wind technique - coupled with all the others he has and his increased mental fortitude - will show he can play with the big boys just like Tezuka, and I am also expecting more Ochi backstory at some point, it seems he has more to give)

Byoudin - S1 (wins: he beats the best player on the best team nine years running, fulfilling his duty and symbolically passing the torch to the next generation, on which theory see below.)

Japan vs. Spain

Kintaro - S3 (loses: TnK is finally beaten definitively without an aura, leaving Kintarou with more drive than ever to improve to be Japan's top player)

Atobe/Irie - D2 (wins: avenges pre-WC loss and proves Irie right to have developed Atobe)

Ryoma vs. Ryoga - S2 (wins: Ryoma beat his older brother to keep the Samurai mantle)

Tanegashima/Marui - D1 (loses: Tanegashima is due a loss, Marui is due an appearance, and both top doubles characters are rounded out with Marui returning to Jackal and Tanegashima realizing his limits and how he can break through them)

Tokugawa vs. Medanore - S1 (wins to prove to Byoudin you can win against the world with honor)

This lineup vs. Spain dovetails with another theory of mine: only the characters who were at the U-17 camp at the beginning of the series will play against Spain. The next generation is essentially here now that Byoudin has passed the torch.

[I'd love to have seen Sengoku or Oshitari, but unfortunately there isn't enough space for these substitute players like there was for Renji unless draws are in play, which would be an interesting twist if Konomi made a 2 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw tie be broken by MSer doubles or something like that. Hey, I can dream!]
 
Last edited:

antigifted

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 20, 2020
Messages
28
Reaction score
15
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
If Konomi is ending the series with this, then Japan will in all likelihood win 3-2. Japan is the new prince of the tennis world, and there is no way they would lose if this is the end of the series.

If that is the case, I was thinking about whose character arcs are now complete or near to it (e.g. Oni, Renji, Mori, Duke, Tohno, Kimijima, Akutsu, Sanada, Nioh, Renji, Shiraishi, and maybe Kirihara if my below reasoning is right) and whose are still incomplete to try to map out how the final matches in the WC will look.

Whether Japan's D1 wins or loses depends on how Yukimura vs. Tezuka plays out and could impact how I would predict the rest of the matches, which I think was set up very well and why I also believe Konomi might put Ryoma vs. Ryoga at S2 with both countries tied at 1-1 or even in S3. But I think that matchup is clear and also that Tokugawa could be given the opportunity to close S1, on which see below.

I think Yukimura will lose to Tezuka. It's currently 6-5 with Yukimura, so it is seemingly close. But we haven't even seen any of Tezuka's improvements since leaving the Japan camp very early on in NPOT and he is already playing well against Yukimura's upgrades, so even with Yukimura winning a set and showing Kirihara that TnK can indeed be beaten without aura (closing both of their arcs, especially if Kintarou loses against a Spaniard without aura), I expect Tezuka to win so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a pro. This means Japan will have to win D1 and S1 against Germany. So I predict the following:

Japan vs. Germany remaining matches

Ochi/Fuji - D1 (wins: Fuji's last wind technique - coupled with all the others he has and his increased mental fortitude - will show he can play with the big boys just like Tezuka, and I am also expecting more Ochi backstory at some point, it seems he has more to give)

Byoudin - S1 (wins: he beats the best player on the best team nine years running, fulfilling his duty and symbolically passing the torch to the next generation, on which theory see below.)

Japan vs. Spain

Kintaro - S3 (loses: TnK is finally beaten definitively without an aura, leaving Kintarou with more drive than ever to improve to be Japan's top player)

Atobe/Irie - D2 (wins: avenges pre-WC loss and proves Irie right to have developed Atobe)

Ryoma vs. Ryoga - S2 (wins: Ryoma beat his older brother to keep the Samurai mantle)

Tanegashima/Marui - D1 (loses: Tanegashima is due a loss, Marui is due an appearance, and both top doubles characters are rounded out with Marui returning to Jackal and Tanegashima realizing his limits and how he can break through them)

Tokugawa vs. Medanore - S1 (wins to prove to Byoudin you can win against the world with honor)

This lineup vs. Spain dovetails with another theory of mine: only the characters who were at the U-17 camp at the beginning of the series will play against Spain. The next generation is essentially here now that Byoudin has passed the torch.

[I'd love to have seen Sengoku or Oshitari, but unfortunately there isn't enough space for these substitute players like there was for Renji unless draws are in play, which would be an interesting twist if Konomi made a 2 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw tie be broken by MSer doubles or something like that. Hey, I can dream!]
I like your line up and reasoning behind it 😊
 

André Vinícius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
32
Age
25
Country
Brazil
If Konomi is ending the series with this, then Japan will in all likelihood win 3-2. Japan is the new prince of the tennis world, and there is no way they would lose if this is the end of the series.

If that is the case, I was thinking about whose character arcs are now complete or near to it (e.g. Oni, Mori, Duke, Tohno, Kimijima, Akutsu, Sanada, Nioh, Renji, Shiraishi, and maybe Kirihara if my below reasoning is right) and whose are still incomplete to try to map out how the final matches in the WC will look.

Whether Japan's D1 wins or loses depends on how Yukimura vs. Tezuka plays out and could impact how I would predict the rest of the matches, which I think was set up very well and why I also believe Konomi might put Ryoma vs. Ryoga at S2 with both countries tied at 1-1 or even in S3. But I think that matchup is clear and also that Tokugawa could be given the opportunity to close S1, on which see below.

I think Yukimura will lose to Tezuka. It's currently 6-5 with Yukimura, so it is seemingly close. But we haven't even seen any of Tezuka's improvements since leaving the Japan camp very early on in NPOT and he is already playing well against Yukimura's upgrades, so even with Yukimura winning a set and showing Kirihara that TnK can indeed be beaten without aura (closing both of their arcs, especially if Kintarou loses against a Spaniard without aura), I expect Tezuka to win so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a pro. This means Japan will have to win D1 and S1 against Germany. So I predict the following:

Japan vs. Germany remaining matches

Ochi/Fuji - D1 (wins: Fuji's last wind technique - coupled with all the others he has and his increased mental fortitude - will show he can play with the big boys just like Tezuka, and I am also expecting more Ochi backstory at some point, it seems he has more to give)

Byoudin - S1 (wins: he beats the best player on the best team nine years running, fulfilling his duty and symbolically passing the torch to the next generation, on which theory see below.)

Japan vs. Spain

Kintaro - S3 (loses: TnK is finally beaten definitively without an aura, leaving Kintarou with more drive than ever to improve to be Japan's top player)

Atobe/Irie - D2 (wins: avenges pre-WC loss and proves Irie right to have developed Atobe)

Ryoma vs. Ryoga - S2 (wins: Ryoma beat his older brother to keep the Samurai mantle)

Tanegashima/Marui - D1 (loses: Tanegashima is due a loss, Marui is due an appearance, and both top doubles characters are rounded out with Marui returning to Jackal and Tanegashima realizing his limits and how he can break through them)

Tokugawa vs. Medanore - S1 (wins to prove to Byoudin you can win against the world with honor)

This lineup vs. Spain dovetails with another theory of mine: only the characters who were at the U-17 camp at the beginning of the series will play against Spain. The next generation is essentially here now that Byoudin has passed the torch.

[I'd love to have seen Sengoku or Oshitari, but unfortunately there isn't enough space for these substitute players like there was for Renji unless draws are in play, which would be an interesting twist if Konomi made a 2 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw tie be broken by MSer doubles or something like that. Hey, I can dream!]
Personally I think it's more likely for Tokugawa vs Volk since we already saw Byo agaisnt Germany, Kite still gonna play since he received a power up and Byodoin as captain to finish the tournament agaisnt Medanore. (but Byodoin vs Volk and Toku x Medanore doesn't seems off, could go either way)

Now in my opinion Japan doesn't really have a real chance of passing Germany this way, it just feel forced for Volk to lose to anyone in Japan. The best line up to make Japan win without bs would be the same thing that happened to France, basically Volk not playing so more or less like this:

S2: Yukimura x Tezuka - Yuki wins
D1: Tanegashima & Tokugawa x Bismarck & Siegfried - Toku/Tane wins
S1: Sengoku x Volk - (match not played)

Blame the victory on Sengoku luck and thats it, seems at this point more believable than someone beating Volk
 

iamred

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 13, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Country
United States
Personally I think it's more likely for Tokugawa vs Volk since we already saw Byo agaisnt Germany
On the contrary, we already saw Tokugawa vs. Germany in the preliminaries, not Byoudin. And the coaches already noted that it doesn't make sense for anyone else to play against Volk than Byoudin.

Kite still gonna play since he received a power up
I also thought about Kite, which is why I didn't include him as one of the members whose character arc has closed. I just have a hard time placing him, since he is the weakest remaining open arc MS player who couldn't even get it done against a group stage team (also why I did not include Omagari in any remaining matches).

If Konomi wants to give all the MSers a somewhat satisfying close to their characters, though, you are right, and the one player I included in my list who I think may have a [near] complete arc is Kintaro. Now, clearly Kite is not capable of playing singles, but I could see a situation where a little shuffling put him back with Marui for further atonement since the G10 doubles match they played and Tanegashima moving to S3 without much else changing in my predictions.

Now in my opinion Japan doesn't really have a real chance of passing Germany this way, it just feel forced for Volk to lose to anyone in Japan. The best line up to make Japan win without bs would be the same thing that happened to France, basically Volk not playing so more or less like this:

S2: Yukimura x Tezuka - Yuki wins
D1: Tanegashima & Tokugawa x Bismarck & Siegfried - Toku/Tane wins
S1: Sengoku x Volk - (match not played)

Blame the victory on Sengoku luck and thats it, seems at this point more believable than someone beating Volk
But if we were actually being realistic, Japan shouldn't win in the first place. So it's not really about realism, it's about what creates the best story. I see no way that Konomi teases another elite character without showing him play, much less since there are so many character arcs to wrap up in an already limited timeframe, which requires more matches in which to do so. Not to mention that I like my theory better, so that's that :)
 
Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
On the contrary, we already saw Tokugawa vs. Germany in the preliminaries, not Byoudin. And the coaches already noted that it doesn't make sense for anyone else to play against Volk than Byoudin.



I also thought about Kite, which is why I didn't include him as one of the members whose character arc has closed. I just have a hard time placing him, since he is the weakest remaining open arc MS player who couldn't even get it done against a group stage team (also why I did not include Omagari in any remaining matches).

If Konomi wants to give all the MSers a somewhat satisfying close to their characters, though, you are right, and the one player I included in my list who I think may have a [near] complete arc is Kintaro. Now, clearly Kite is not capable of playing singles, but I could see a situation where a little shuffling put him back with Marui for further atonement since the G10 doubles match they played and Tanegashima moving to S3 without much else changing in my predictions.



But if we were actually being realistic, Japan shouldn't win in the first place. So it's not really about realism, it's about what creates the best story. I see no way that Konomi teases another elite character without showing him play, much less since there are so many character arcs to wrap up in an already limited timeframe, which requires more matches in which to do so. Not to mention that I like my theory better, so that's that :)
Very Good points.

I will say that Ryoma, Kinataro, Akaya are still young. Their character arcs should not be rush to finish. They will replace Tezuka/Sanada/Atobe Rivalry when they go back to Kantou and Nationals. (If Konami decided to back to it).

Exactly, the shin tennis have a very limited timeframe to rush to finish a lot of character arcs. I think there must be players who will be prioritize to finish their character arc in shin tennis
MS
Tezuka
Yukimura
Fuji
Sanada
Atobe
Shiraishi

HS
Byodoin
Tanegashima
Dukeu
Oni(though, I think he is finished already)

These are the characters needed to be prioritize to end their character arcs.
Unfortunately due to ton of characters, you cannot wrap them all. (USUALLY KONAMI JUST BASED ON CHARACTERS FAN BASE)
 

André Vinícius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
32
Age
25
Country
Brazil
On the contrary, we already saw Tokugawa vs. Germany in the preliminaries, not Byoudin. And the coaches already noted that it doesn't make sense for anyone else to play against Volk than Byoudin.
I mean Niou using Byodoin for 2 sets (and being destroyed on the second set) so i think makes more sense to put Tokugawa here (also in my opinion Tokugawa is the best player Japan has right now plus the more open to power up that can make a somewhat believable victory agaisnt Volk). Yuki also played in the pre WC and so did Duke. Since Tokugawa already faced Volk he literally only need to come up with a way to return Volk shot and he has a chance, the problem being time, but either way Byo or Toku doesn't make a big difference.

But if we were actually being realistic, Japan shouldn't win in the first place. So it's not really about realism, it's about what creates the best story. I see no way that Konomi teases another elite character without showing him play, much less since there are so many character arcs to wrap up in an already limited timeframe, which requires more matches in which to do so. Not to mention that I like my theory better, so that's that :)
If we take the line up until now it seems possible a realistic win for Japan, what doesn't seem realistic is Volk losing, but the rest I don't see a problem
S3: Germany
D2: Japan
S2: Japan
D1: Japan
S1: not played

And we already saw Volk playing so it's not the same case as Camus.

I agree that the problem right now truly is the characters that still haven't done much and there's no space for all of them, I can see Konomi just letting pass some of them or maybe he thinks he already finished some of them like Kintaro, Atobe and Ochi (even though I don't think its possible for Atobe not play agaisnt Spain).
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,129
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I don't agree with a bunch of points being presented. Marui playing the second to last match of the series would be borderline insulting lmao. If ryoma isn't s1 in the finals, he is going to be the reserve, no chance toku suddenly becomes the main character.

Sanada and Kura are DONE, the latter more satisfyingly

If we take the line up until now it seems possible a realistic win for Japan, what doesn't seem realistic is Volk losing
Why? The whole point of the series is beating the strongest opponents.
 

iamred

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 13, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Country
United States
mathematicianrcg said:
Very Good points.

I will say that Ryoma, Kinataro, Akaya are still young. Their character arcs should not be rush to finish. They will replace Tezuka/Sanada/Atobe Rivalry when they go back to Kantou and Nationals. (If Konami decided to back to it).

Exactly, the shin tennis have a very limited timeframe to rush to finish a lot of character arcs. I think there must be players who will be prioritize to finish their character arc in shin tennis
MS
Tezuka
Yukimura
Fuji
Sanada
Atobe
Shiraishi

HS
Byodoin
Tanegashima
Dukeu
Oni(though, I think he is finished already)

These are the characters needed to be prioritize to end their character arcs.
Unfortunately due to ton of characters, you cannot wrap them all. (USUALLY KONAMI JUST BASED ON CHARACTERS FAN BASE)
I think Duke is done - he's played more matches than anyone and has already resolved his French connection. Sanada and Shiraishi also just played in the quarterfinals, so I don't anticipate seeing them again.


I mean Niou using Byodoin for 2 sets (and being destroyed on the second set) so i think makes more sense to put Tokugawa here (also in my opinion Tokugawa is the best player Japan has right now plus the more open to power up that can make a somewhat believable victory agaisnt Volk). Yuki also played in the pre WC and so did Duke. Since Tokugawa already faced Volk he literally only need to come up with a way to return Volk shot and he has a chance, the problem being time, but either way Byo or Toku doesn't make a big difference.

You don't really believe Niou played as well as Byoudin as Byoudin would himself, do you? Likewise, I think it would be unrealistic to think a real Camus-Duke pairing with Howling would have been so easily solved by Germany, but that only makes sense if you agree Niou-Camus isn't as good as the real deal.

I believe all the world techniques Niou-Byoudin used were just the ones he saw back in the G10 match vs. Tokugawa, and the real Byoudin has obviously upgraded since then. Do you honestly think the real Byoudin won't make a WC appearance - or if he does, at what better stage than this one? On that note, who do you think plays Medanore if Tokugawa were to play Volk, since Medonore is likely as good if not better than Volk? If you really think Tokugawa is better than Byoudin, and that may be the case, having Tokugawa play the final match against Spain, not Germany, would make more sense.

Finally, even if we assume Niou-Byoudin was as good as the real one, this was a doubles match, which is completely different than singles. That point not only seriously questions whether Niou-Byoudin was really at a disadvantage due to his individual skill but also strikes against Volk's short appearance being in the pre-WC as being at all satisfactory story-wise. Konomi wouldn't leave one of his best hyped players in Volk as only appearing in an otherwise meaningless preliminary match, and a mere doubles appearance at that.

If Tokugawa played against Volk and Byoudin played against Medanore, that still makes infinitely better sense (although I prefer the story-line I put out above) than wasting an opportunity for character arc closeout, and one in which he would overcome the hyped player on the most hyped team since pre-WC. Volk is playing, there is no doubt.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't agree with a bunch of points being presented. Marui playing the second to last match of the series would be borderline insulting lmao.
Marui is one of the best doubles players in the series and hasn't even played in the WC yet. He will show up either against Germany or Spain. The reason I put him where I did is I considered the following factors as taking precedence:

1. The lineup against Spain will be those from the U-17 camp, so no Ochi, who would then be playing against Germany next by default.
2. Atobe-Irie against Spain have to win, and having that happen in D2 makes more sense if S3 loses.
3. I think S3 loses so a 1-1 match of the Echizens makes it an "open question" as to which would win.
4. In a choice between Fuji and Marui, I think the former will show up in the winning D1 match (vs. Germany) rather than the losing D1 match (vs. Spain).

If ryoma isn't s1 in the finals, he is going to be the reserve, no chance toku suddenly becomes the main character.
Then Ryoga would be S1, which I don't think makes sense. Medanore will be the mystery player akin to Yukimura in the Nationals arc.

If you still think Ryoma is the main character rather than Japan, I think you have missed the point of this iteration of the series. A Japan win means more to Tokugawa than Ryoma.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Ryoma is still the main character. But unlike in POT, the story does not revolve on him anymore. In, POT almost all events are related to ryoma.

Not the case here in Shin Tennis. Literally from chapter 134-228, Ryoma rarely made an appearance. That is almost 100 chapters. And it revolves around japan.

We did not even see Ryoma practicing regulary against USA GENIUS 10( The anime can do that maybe if they will continue)
 

André Vinícius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
32
Age
25
Country
Brazil
I don't know how to reply directly since you merged the posts so I wil improvise, sorry

Q "You don't really believe Niou played as well as Byoudin as Byoudin would himself, do you? Likewise, I think it would be unrealistic to think a real Camus-Duke pairing with Howling would have been so easily solved by Germany, but that only makes sense if you agree Niou-Camus isn't as good as the real deal."

Not as well, around 70~90% maybe 80~90% since first: this is the last match that Niou copy others; second: a 50% Byo wouldn't take 1 set of 2 pros or you think he could ? (even being doubles, Duke was the support not the main "damage dealer"); third: unlike others moments, in this match was (aparently) never said anything about Niou not being as good as the original;
And yes orignal Camus-Duke wold lose here without a doubt.

Q "I believe all the world techniques Niou-Byoudin used were just the ones he saw back in the G10 match vs. Tokugawa"

Wrong, he used a new one, Wallace's giant bee (looks like its the biggest bee of the world).

Q "and the real Byoudin has obviously upgraded since then"

Tokugawa became 10 times stronger and you can't say I'm wrong since both of us don't have proof.
Serious answer: everyone upgraded since then (from all the world).

Q "Do you honestly think the real Byoudin won't make a WC appearance - or if he does, at what better stage than this one? On that note, who do you think plays Medanore if Tokugawa were to play Volk, since Medonore is likely as good if not better than Volk? If you really think Tokugawa is better than Byoudin, and that may be the case, having Tokugawa play the final match against Spain, not Germany, would make more sense."

Byo will probably face Medanore, and by the info at the beginning Medanore had the potencial to be better than Volk (with implies he isn't) but indeed he can be as good (maybe better who knows). And in my opinion Byodoin need to shoulder the responsability to win the WC since he was the cause they lost the last one, being the last player again. (but again, it could go as you said and Tokugawa finish it to prove you could conquer the world wth honor)

Q "Finally, even if we assume Niou-Byoudin was as good as the real one, this was a doubles match, which is completely different than singles. That point not only seriously questions whether Niou-Byoudin was really at a disadvantage due to his individual skill but also strikes against Volk's short appearance being in the pre-WC as being at all satisfactory story-wise. Konomi wouldn't leave one of his best hyped players in Volk as only appearing in an otherwise meaningless preliminary match, and a mere doubles appearance at that."

That kinda happened with Camus. And looking back Kintaro didn't play S1 with Ryoma so it's not impossible (we can see in the perspective of how the HSr seem to be more of teachers for the MSr than important players that we need to see in match). But don't get me wrong here I do want to see him play a real match, everyone does.

Q "If Tokugawa played against Volk and Byoudin played against Medanore, that still makes infinitely better sense (although I prefer the story-line I put out above) than wasting an opportunity for character arc closeout, and one in which he would overcome the hyped player on the most hyped team since pre-WC. Volk is playing, there is no doubt."

I wasn't talking about what I wanted but what should be realistic done:
The best line up to make Japan win without bs would be the same thing that happened to France, basically Volk not playing
I even said here
Personally I think it's more likely for Tokugawa vs Volk and Byodoin as captain to finish the tournament agaisnt Medanore.
With the actual line up I don't even know what I want, I wanted Volk/Tezuka in double showing howling that was hinted they have and Tokugawa x Bismarck in S1.
 

iamred

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 13, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Country
United States
Ryoma is still the main character. But unlike in POT, the story does not revolve on him anymore. In, POT almost all events are related to ryoma.
Exactly why it is appropriate for Ryoma to play S3 against Spain like in the match against France. Yes, his match is important - and, in fact, I would say that the S3 match in a 1-1 tie situation is, from an audience's perspective, the most interesting anyway (see the current Tezuka vs. Yukimura match). But the point is that Japan wins the tournament, not Ryoma being the #1 overall per se as in PoT. Seigaku's victory was in PoT primary a function of Ryoma needing to beat all the top-tier #1's on other teams. Here, he needs to only beat Ryoga to fulfill his personal character arc, and Ryoga doesn't need to be (nor should be) Spain's #1.

André Vinícius said:
Not as well, around 70~90% maybe 80~90% since first: this is the last match that Niou copy others; second: a 50% Byo wouldn't take 1 set of 2 pros or you think he could ? (even being doubles, Duke was the support not the main "damage dealer"); third: unlike others moments, in this match was (aparently) never said anything about Niou not being as good as the original;
And yes orignal Camus-Duke wold lose here without a doubt.
Byoudin is not a doubles player, and there is just no way Niou is as good as the original. Forget Camus-Duke winning, the point is they wouldn't only just be able to grab a mere couple of games.

And I think Byoudin would win for sure. Oni almost beat QP who is just as good as any Germany player barring Volk, and Byoudin is higher than Oni.

André Vinícius said:
Tokugawa became 10 times stronger and you can't say I'm wrong since both of us don't have proof.
Serious answer: everyone upgraded since then (from all the world).
I don't need to say you're wrong. In fact, I do think Tokugawa is now stronger, and that is why he will be S1 against Spain, not Germany lol.

André Vinícius said:
Byo will probably face Medanore, and by the info at the beginning Medanore had the potencial to be better than Volk (with implies he isn't) but indeed he can be as good (maybe better who knows). And in my opinion Byodoin need to shoulder the responsability to win the WC since he was the cause they lost the last one, being the last player again. (but again, it could go as you said and Tokugawa finish it to prove you could conquer the world wth honor)
Since when does Konomi make the S1 player from a previous match better than the S1 player in a later one???

André Vinícius said:
That kinda happened with Camus. And looking back Kintaro didn't play S1 with Ryoma so it's not impossible (we can see in the perspective of how the HSr seem to be more of teachers for the MSr than important players that we need to see in match). But don't get me wrong here I do want to see him play a real match, everyone does.
Once again, the presumption is the NPoT is the end of the series. Ryoma didn't face Kintaro in PoT except to hype Kintaro because both were to appear in NPoT. And the Camus point cuts against you - Konomi would not back-to-back not show the S1 player he's hyped since the beginning of the series, although you even seem to implicitly acknowledge he did give Camus his due by having Duke play him off-screen. You think Volk is going to play off-screen? No way.

André Vinícius said:
I wasn't talking about what I wanted but what should be realistic done
That isn't the impression your first reply to me gave, but even so, you're replying to my post in a prediction thread lol, so I don't know what else you expected me to say if your initial reply had nothing to do with what you think actually will happen.
 

erosares286

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Country
Philippines
If japan wins against germany, i want them to lose against spain, tokugawa beat volk, then byodouin will lose to medanore,
Spain wins 3-1 or 3-0
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
If japan wins against germany, i want them to lose against spain, tokugawa beat volk, then byodouin will lose to medanore,
Spain wins 3-1 or 3-0
Don't know why, But I am rooting for Spain. Even if we do not know them yet. We are not even know how good are the skills of Medanore and Ryoga.

Yes, IF Japan will past germany, they will be too tired to battle Spain. That is why I rather have Germany Vs Spain Finals.

I gonna stick to my prediction
Finals: Germany Vs Spain (Spain Win)
Battle for 3rd:Japan Vs USA (Can go either way).

But if it will be Japan Vs Spain. Spain will likely 3-0 or 3-1 them. Japan already used Duke and Oni. And If Japan really want to beat Germany, they will need to use Tanegashima and Byodoin too, and even Tokugawa. I doubt that coach mifune will repeat players, so likely 4 of the genius 5 will be used against germany. While Spain is fresh and just dominates USA.
 

erosares286

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Country
Philippines
Don't know why, But I am rooting for Spain. Even if we do not know them yet. We are not even know how good are the skills of Medanore and Ryoga.

Yes, IF Japan will past germany, they will be too tired to battle Spain. That is why I rather have Germany Vs Spain Finals.

I gonna stick to my prediction
Finals: Germany Vs Spain (Spain Win)
Battle for 3rd:Japan Vs USA (Can go either way).

But if it will be Japan Vs Spain. Spain will likely 3-0 or 3-1 them. Japan already used Duke and Oni. And If Japan really want to beat Germany, they will need to use Tanegashima and Byodoin too, and even Tokugawa. I doubt that coach mifune will repeat players, so likely 4 of the genius 5 will be used against germany. While Spain is fresh and just dominates USA.
Agree with you, but even Spain vs Germany, i want Spain to win in a dominating way, 3-0 or 3-1, Medanore/Ryoga beats Volk/QP
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Agree with you, but even Spain vs Germany, i want Spain to win in a dominating way, 3-0 or 3-1, Medanore/Ryoga beats Volk/QP
Probably Germany Doubles pro will win against Spain. And yeah, Spain 3-1 Germany will be a MASSIVE Plot Twist.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Probably Germany Doubles pro will win against Spain. And yeah, Spain 3-1 Germany will be a MASSIVE Plot Twist.
If Spain will also 3-0 Germany, it means from pre world cup until the end of the tournament, Spain did not concede a set(Likely Spain will 3-0 USA)
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ochi/Fuji - D1 (wins: Fuji's last wind technique - coupled with all the others he has and his increased mental fortitude - will show he can play with the big boys just like Tezuka, and I am also expecting more Ochi backstory at some point, it seems he has more to give)
Ochi playing again would make him an outlier among the G10. Everyone else will have two "proper" matches at most under their belts whereas Ochi has three if you add another. Starting with the ones who most likely won't play another match:
  • Mouri: No. 9/10, France
  • Tohno: No. 7/8, Greece
  • Kimijima: No. 7/8, France
  • Duke: Pre-WC, Germany
Byoudouin would need to play against both Germany and Spain to get more than two, which everyone seems to agree is unlikely. Same for Ohmagari. Tanegashima, admittedly, is another candidate for bucking the trend and having a third match in addition to his G10 appearance and the one vs Greece. But you could at least argue that he's actually grouped with Tokugawa, Irie and Oni, whereas Ochi undoubtedly belongs to the G10 category.

Can you make an argument why Ochi is more important than the other G10 and what questions specifically still need to be resolved in his case?

Tanegashima/Marui - D1 (loses: Tanegashima is due a loss, Marui is due an appearance, and both top doubles characters are rounded out with Marui returning to Jackal and Tanegashima realizing his limits and how he can break through them)
Why do you think Marui's character goal has anything to do with Jackal? Wouldn't Jackal have been featured more prominently in the no. 7/8 match in this case, for instance by being involved in Marui's negotiation in some way?

2. Atobe-Irie against Spain have to win, and having that happen in D2 makes more sense if S3 loses.
Is there any reason why Spain won't follow the Rikkai trend and win the first two matches of the round while losing the remaining three? Sure, that makes the third and fourth matches less open-ended, but it simply provides a different narrative flow, which may be more appropriate for a final.

Medanore will be the mystery player akin to Yukimura in the Nationals arc.
Ryoga isn't significantly less mysterious than Medanore. While we've seen him hit a couple shots before, the limits of his abilities are still completely unknown. Also, Yukimura was introduced pretty early on, so wouldn't that match Ryoga's timing more?
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
If Spain will face Japan in Finals. (Big IF)

Medanore will likely be in S1. And Ryoga in S2 or S3. (It is somehow similar with Qp/Volk situation, their strength difference is not significant but we all know volk will be in S1)

Another is Konami will likely to Put Ryoma on Ryoga. I don't think mifune will put Ryoma in S1. No country in the whole tourney put a MS in S1.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ryoga isn't significantly less mysterious than Medanore. While we've seen him hit a couple shots before, the limits of his abilities are still completely unknown. Also, Yukimura was introduced pretty early on, so wouldn't that match Ryoga's timing more?
Atleast we Know a glimpse of Ryoga's shots. Also, he is a copy of Nanjiroh, and we have also an idea on the playing style of Nanjiroh(Zone,Closed eyes,Nitoryu)

Medanore, we did not know anything yet. We did not even know if he is left handed or right handed
 
Top