1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Retro Banner Contest has begun. Bring back your old memories!

Voting has begun for the Magic Short Story Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Valhalla777 for winning the Landmark Photography Art Contest !
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Shounen Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO

Discussion in 'Manga # - H' started by AleTheSennin, Sep 28, 2015.

1. AleTheSennin

AleTheSennin Intl Translator

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Italy
    Genre: School-life, Sci-fi, Shounen
    Author and Artist: Atsushi Okubo
    Serialization: Weekly Shounen Magazine
    Synopsis: We only have the chapter 000, we still don't know the plot. Probably, Shinra Karasuma is a young boy that wants to become a HERO. For this reason, he joined to the special fire brigade.

I'll translate this manga in Italian. My translations can be used by international teams, exepct italian teams. Here's the translation of the chapter 000: Here

2. Sky

Sky Eo To

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Global Moderator

Germany
    I really liked chapter 0 and chapter 1. Sure it looks like the classic shounen Manga but so what. Flames are cool and even though the plot might turn into somthing rather predictable, the main cast is likeable so far and the fights look hot (:kappa).

3. AleTheSennin

Italy
    I've finished to translate chapter 1 a few minutes ago. I think this manga will be good, but the mangaka should develope the story in a deep way and not let that banality soppress good ideas. Flame is a great base of start but "flame people", "combusting", "fire shots" mmm... they can be boring.

Mawara likes this.
  4. eefrit

eefrit I Ain't Gotta be Nothin' for You, but Me

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    Chapter 2 has just been released. I'm really liking it so far. The cast is interesting and it reminds me of the better days of Soul Eater before it went a bit off the rails. The concept of fire could work as you could give fire different qualities and not be limited to it just being capable of burning stuff.

5. Aonori

Aonori Registered User

Portugal
    Well, we can at least expect a use of pure heat, explosions and possibly (if the author decides to follow a similar logic thing, applied with fire bending in "Avatar the last Airbender"), add lightning as well, to the mix:hee.

6. AleTheSennin

Italy
    Italian translation of chapter 2 done. I guess this manga will really start when it'll reach 10/15 chapters. I hope author give more differences between types of fire.

7. syx

syx ρʀσᴅıɢʏ

Winterfell
    Read the one-shot so far and it gave me a better impression than Black Clover. So, I will definitely give it a try. The MC already gave me a fit of laughter with his grin quirk. Let's hope the author can develop the series well. I look forward to the "real" villains and if the author will also focus on solving the mystery regarding the phenomenom.

8. AleTheSennin

Italy
    Chapter 3 is out. This manga is still in its infancy, but my hopes are that it will take off early!

9. Akainu

Akainu Magma♥

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Global Moderator

Bavaria
    I like the manga so far. It hasn't reached a stage yet where any sort of pattern could be seen. The mangaka has however shown that he means to use all possibilities there are in a Shounen. There's a potential for fanservice as well as for tech-geeking. There's a certain amount of silliness and yet there's also accurate description/depiction of reality even in the silliness sometimes. And lastly there's rivalry and friendship. In short, it's a well executed Shounen so far and the basic premise promises us a good story for the time being.

Can't wait to find out more about the first real villain. The design looked awesome. Does anyone think the girl might join the brigade? Or is it more of a random case?

PS: I didn't know there was a chapter 0, so my reading order is a tad bit messed up right at the start. While I don't think it is really essential to understand the story, I'd recommend everyone who hasn't done so yet to find and read said chapter. Thanks go to Sky for pointing there.

Sky likes this.
  10. AleTheSennin

Italy
    Who's the girl you have mentioned? The brigade has also two girls. If you mean Maki, she's already in.

11. Akainu

Akainu Magma♥

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Global Moderator

Bavaria
    The girl from the last chapter, daughter to the flame-head peacefully sitting on the table, whose family had another case (the mother) before. That made me think there might be something special about her, that could make her interesting for the enemy side, but also potentially a member of the brigade. Her introduction was so dark, I loved that.

12. AleTheSennin

Italy
    Oh, understood. Yeah, I agree with you but not at all. Her introduction was dark, I mean, also creepy and really sad, but I don't think she can be a new member of the brigade. If you pay attention, Oubi said that they need mechanics... so I think the next member will be a mechanic... obviously, we can't know when he'll be shown.

13. Sky

Sky Eo To

Global Moderator

Germany
    I do like the case of the week style so far because thanks to that every character might get a short introduction story.
    So far we have the bursting into flame thing itself, the first brigade which is supposed to be awesome and the the mystery guy/girl who killed the MCs family.

I do agree that this first evil looking guy does look quite awesome and hope he delivers.

After a while we might get to the tournament... I am a bit surprised because usually those happenw ay later, no? :D

Last but not least... While Excalibur is f-ing awesome, I hope it doesn't start talking... x'D

14. AleTheSennin

Italy
    Chapter 4 is out. It was very touching

15. Sky

Sky Eo To

Global Moderator

Germany
    Was it? How did they even notice that something was off? :o

Not as good as the previous chapters to be honest.

16. Soul Soul Brigade

Soul Soul Brigade Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    They didn't notice anything was off though. They didn't even notice the powder on the ground. The roof was already collapsing on them before they reacted.

This chapter was very touching.

17. Sky

Sky Eo To

Global Moderator

Germany
    But why was the commander that angry then? Maybe I simply misunderstood but it looked like he knew something was not "normal".

18. Soul Soul Brigade

Soul Soul Brigade Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    He was pissed because some third party destroyed the house and didn't leave the girl her home. Now the girl has no immediate family and no home. That's why he was pissed.

Sky likes this.
  19. Ecchi Boy

Ecchi Boy Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    I think I am in love I want to see more of her in this series
    [​IMG]

Sky likes this.
  20. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Global Moderator

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    It's out.

Some incredible fanservice scenes in this chapter. The pace is quite fast.

Ecchi Boy likes this.