Shounen - Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO

Soul Soul Brigade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So Tamaki is basically Maka + Blair? Funny chapter, but dang things are moving fast. Ohkubo is not holding back.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
This was an average transition chapter. Some new characters and information here and there, nothing special. Tamaki's clumsiness is really funny to watch, so is Shinra's face whenever he gets nervous but I hope the author doesn't stretch the fanservice too much.

The Battalion Commander of the 1st Brigade definitely remembers the incident 12 years ago, but keeps silent for some reason. At least the bad guy at the end of the chapter seems to be more open for talks, so let's see what we will get.

imhungry4444

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fan of the series so far. The only semantical problem I have with it is the redundancy of the title. Is the "of Flames" part necessary?

Anyway, enough with my gripes, chapter 5 surprised me a little. The fanservice was really random. Also, has anyone noticed the speedy plot progression? It's only 5 chapters in and we're getting into the protagonist's background, a major villain who is associated with the protag's background,etc. Usually the first 20-30 chapters of a Shounen are build up of protagonist, his/her deuteragonists, and the overall setting of the verse. Okubo did that in like 3 chapters. I'm not complaining, it's just surprising.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He can still develop all of this though it's true that the pace is fast, Shinra has a lot of monologues already for this kind of manga, he must know what he's doing. What is intriguing me the most is that it's considered a SF manga, there's been nothing like that so far, maybe the Flame Person mystery is related to science.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The fanservice was great. Lucky leechery syndrome is probably the next big thing after suddenly bursting into flames.

Yeah it is really fast paced. Not that I mind... Just wondering what else is there?
We already met the first brigade commander who is suspicious and the villain who has something to do with the incident.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's out.

Cool action scenes with an interesting reveal. His little brother probably killed their mom unintentionally.

That Shinra's smile :o.

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Shinra's smile is the best element of this Manga! With this he can do all he wants!

Reactions: syx

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That smile is epic indeed.
The anime has a nice fighting style. The art really looks great.

Also more lucky leechery. \o/

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nothing happened in this chapter but at least we have the name of the evil organization. Shinra is pretty impressive.

Soul Soul Brigade

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really? You say nothing happened? A lot happened! Can't wait for the next chapter. Things just got more interesting!

Last edited:

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Nothing happened in this chapter but at least we have the name of the evil organization. Shinra is pretty impressive.
Agree. I was expected that Joker and Shinra had an one vs one fight... Anyways, I'm waiting for the next chapter. Hope something will be explained.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Another chapter which will lead to a reveal. Is the tournament supposed to be over like that?

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
This was an underwhelming, possibly the worst chapter so far. It lacked in action, development, plot progression, comedy, it lacked in nearly everything. At least, the next chapter will be promising judging by the interesting cliffhanger at the end.

By the way, I might be spoiled from great tournaments of other series, but this one as such is/was very disappointing.

Soul Soul Brigade

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well to defend Enen no Shouboutai, the tournament was in name only. It didn't really feel like a tournament. It felt more like a competition to progress the plot. To flack it for not being a good "tournament arc" doesn't seem fair as I don't think that's what Ohkubo was going for.

Now to criticize Enen no Shouboutai, man, what happened Ohkubo. The pacing and the plot progression just seems to be all over the place. The character art seems to be lacking as well. In time, I think Enen no Shouboutai will get better, but right now that switch from monthly to weekly is really hurting the quality.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

After re-reading the chapter, I've changed my opinion. It was a fair chapter. Plenty of action, comedy, and suspense. At first the ending cliff-hanger felt shoe horned in, but after re-reading the chapter it made more sense. Interested to see what's revealed next chapter.

Btw, does anyone have a guess-tament on when the first volume for Enen no Shouboutai will be out? I'm thinking January or February at the latest.

Hatedmaincharacter

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
CHAP. 8:

Well, it was a good chapter. I didn't expect a real tournament, just a way to know more about the others brigades, your relations, possible new characters for the manga. Like I said in the Shonen Magazine thread, in real brigades such "tournaments" are common, but it's most like capacities tests than anything else. A good development for Shinra so far. This chapter really didn't have more progress to the plot, but alright, most part of pages was used to save their senpais of the explosion, and was cool. More info coming this week.

Last edited:

Soul Soul Brigade

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm surprised there is no official release for Enen no Shouboutai. One would think that Crunchyroll would be all over this series.

Hatedmaincharacter

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, I don't know like usually new series are treated, but it seems to have been well received, then I also expected more publicity about your release.

Soul Soul Brigade

Reaction score
Country
United States
If any of you are as impatient as me, Shonen Magazine posts free previews of their new issue every week. The first 9 pages to the new chapter of Enen no Shouboutai are free to read. That color page! Brings back memories of Soul Eater!

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

The big text on the color page roughly translates to "Always willing to rush to those who wish for help!!!"

The text in the upper left corner reads "Because of great popularity, urgent dispatch opening color!"

Urgent dispatch sounds weird, but that's what the kanji means.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Another way to translate the title text, and keeping it closer to the Japanese text; "Always Running!!!! To those who wish for help!!!!"

Last edited:

Hatedmaincharacter

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If any of you are as impatient as me, Shonen Magazine posts free previews of their new issue every week. The first 9 pages to the new chapter of Enen no Shouboutai are free to read. That color page! Brings back memories of Soul Eater!

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

The big text on the color page roughly translates to "Always willing to rush to those who wish for help!!!"

The text in the upper left corner reads "Because of great popularity, urgent dispatch opening color!"

Urgent dispatch sounds weird, but that's what the kanji means.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Another way to translate the title text, and keeping it closer to the Japanese text; "Always Running!!!! To those who wish for help!!!!"
It was more a good chapter. And great color pages.

Soul Soul Brigade

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 9 is out. Really good chapter. Love the set up. Can't wait to see where Ohkubo takes this series!