Character - Forgotten Character Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT1: Seigaku vs. Rikkai (Kanto Finals) - Was It A Mistake?

This kid is 27.
Come on son Inui plays M after he went against Yanagi. Sorry but as a former athlete its tiring to play a hard fought game against someone almost on your level then a fresh leg who is also almost at your level comes in to play. I know that's more real life but that's another thing about Konomi I don't like.
Except Mitsuya exerted practically no energy when destroying, slumping, wiping, crushing (choose your own word here haha) Yanagi. Yanagi was NOT at Mitsuya's level. Mitsuya easily defeated him and was the one who challenged Inui meaning he was fine since he offered the challenge.

Inui beat him while Yanagi stood no chance. its Inui > Yanagi right now and there is yet to be an argument that goes against that.

I know that's more real life but that's another thing about Konomi I don't like. He randomly picks who wins and lose. Kabaji and Taka-San lost the match but because they saved those two dude they get their pins. There are a lot of plot holes in the universe.
Thats fine though. Kawamura getting the badge at least once is acceptable as a Seigaku member. I doubt he will keep a title as 12th best U-17 member considering I dont think he even intends to join Yamato, Kikumaru, Inui and Fuji next year on the Seigaku High School Team.

It does suck how they won, but Konomi's intention of showing Character detail was successful in that specific match (So far he has been appalling in SPoT)
it was made clear that Date was awesomeness by crushing both Kabaji and Kawamura. and that Ban can handleKabaji and Kawamura by himself as neither Date nor Ban appeared to be serious during the match.
Then time for Konomi's plot power and he showed us Kawamura is the same as Gin as he can now hit 108 degrees of Hadoukyuu.

I hate the eyes shut design of any anime
To be fair your on your own here.
All true Anime fans from the West of the world recognize Brock from Pokemon iimmediately lol.
And although I dont like BLEACH, Ichimaru Gin is loved by fans. A lot of people love that look im afraid.

but Fuji has that killer look in his eyes when he opens that makes it seem like a serial killer type. You know its always the quiet ones.
I used to think he was awesome until SPoT started since all he has done was get slapped by Tezuka and cry about it.

Yuki is actually in my top 10 favorite list because he doesn't need "super moves" and his design makes him unassuming but I can't get over the hair and headband. Maybe if he they had given him a deeper or more aggressive tone in his voice.
I understand. But I think the Female Seiyuu from Fuji and Yuki is probably better off coz it works better for the surprise.
In real life, if somebody challenged you to a tennis match for money and they appeared to be girly you probably wouldnt hesitate to play them lol.
Yukimura is my fav. character btw and I like him for the one of the reasons you gave as he doesnt use super moves. Instead he has a godly ability haha.

This is another reason why I hate Tezuka. Konomi has a hard on for him. He keeps getting better and better just randomly. In Ryoma's case he's the main protagonist so you can suspend your belief but Tezuka just getting stronger is weird unless he is setting it him up to be Ryoma's rival. Just bad writing on Konomi's part.
Yes.
Tezuka is the plot rival and that is essentially the end of it.
Konomi is forever going to keep him above Ryoma for a while.

Seeing as Konomi has yet to show us two players play a full match and then have a rematch and have the match shown fully in this series before, I think its inevitable that Tezuka is being kept stronger with a nice bit of plot power (Which I like lol) to be amongst the final villains.
Although we have to remember Konomi ended PoT with Tezuka being below Sanada and he thought he had finished the series. So I dont think its down to bad writing.

Konomi should learn from the people writing the anime.
Wait what??
I was agreeing with you until this blasphemy.
Despite most of your post belonging in the Character Discussion, I replied but that last statement is insane.

Besides the Nationals OVAs and 7 out 8 Another STory OVA's (The Tachibana/Chitose one)
The anime has been fairly appalling storyline wise.

They RUINED Rikkai VS Seigaku besides Inui VS Yanagi and Momoshiro/Kaidoh VS Marui/Jackal.

They missed out the switch from Niou/Yagyuu VS Oishi/Kikumaru, Sanada VS Ryoma was RUINED. The America Good Will Games arc was a disaster with Kevin Smith being the ONLY positive from those 20 eps.

The New PoT Anime skipped Nakagauchi VS Krauser, Shiraishi/Kirihara VS Miyako/Matsudaira and had the cheek TO FOCUS on the Mountain Climbing.

The Anime guys are criminals to the storyline.
Sorry about this rant.

But yeah this is the wrong thread bro.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Kintaro: One-dimensional kid.
lol.

With all the screentime he got, he only managed 30th on the poll. He doesnt really belong like many others do.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

He randomly picks who wins and lose. Kabaji and Taka-San lost the match but because they saved those two dude they get their pins. There are a lot of plot holes in the universe.
Try having a spotlight drop on you and win the match. If Kabaji and Kawamura haven't save those two from falling spotlight, those two will have to most likely forfeit the match. Unless Kabaji and Kawamura got disqualified for hurting their opponents, but Niou doesn't get to be worrying about that when he knock Kikumaru out, or Krauser just at anytime. I doubt it's a problem.

Or if you think the 1st stringer will be fine after taking a falling spotlight, then I can agree it might be a plot hole.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Try having a spotlight drop on you and win the match. If Kabaji and Kawamura haven't save those two from falling spotlight, those two will have to most likely forfeit the match. Unless Kabaji and Kawamura got disqualified for hurting their opponents, but Niou doesn't get to be worrying about that when he knock Kikumaru out, or Krauser just at anytime. I doubt it's a problem.

Or if you think the 1st stringer will be fine after taking a falling spotlight, then I can agree it might be a plot hole.
honestly, it doesnt mean they should deserve to win No.s 12 and 13 though lol. Im in the hope Kawamura gets defeated really soon.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Matsudaira Chikahiko is a crap version of Hakamada.
Observe: His main technique is something he cant even rely on to win a match but effective nonetheless.
Flower:

While Hakamada just does it better, more effective to the point he can be a one-trick-pony and still kick the ass of the majority of the characters.

Brandnewkid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even Konomi knows his players are rehashes or nerfs of one another. Why do you think Izo was the one to play Chikahiko?

Because they both use the same kind of technique; a shot with a serious twist on it.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Same character, different skill and stats. Date and Ban were powered up versions of Nakagauchi, Fuwa was promising and for me I tought it would be a great rival, but, as expected, fodderized.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Does Tanegashima Shuuji talk with a Kansai-ben?
Im presuming he is from either Osaka or Hyougo, the only cities we have been given players from in Kansai or perhaps Kyoto simply because it is a prominent city.

Although this could be a f*ck up on the anime's part to give him Kansai-ben. Or I could be wrong and he talks with the standard Japan accent.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Does Tanegashima Shuuji talk with a Kansai-ben?
Im presuming he is from either Osaka or Hyougo, the only cities we have been given players from in Kansai or perhaps Kyoto simply because it is a prominent city.

Although this could be a f*ck up on the anime's part to give him Kansai-ben. Or I could be wrong and he talks with the standard Japan accent.
Maybe is from Kansai, he has a similar accent like Shitenhouji's players.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Maybe is from Kansai, he has a similar accent like Shitenhouji's players.
Just as I thought. Then its gonna be annoying if in the manga we get a situation where Tanegashima is in fact a Tokyo boy like everybody else. Since we've had no indication Tanegashima speaks with a Kansai-ben in the manga I dont think.

Brandnewkid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone point me to any raws where Shuji has dialogue? I can tell you.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Can anyone point me to any raws where Shuji has dialogue? I can tell you.
He says Kanata like ''Kanataa'' as oppose to Oni who says ''Kanatah''. Just a few things I noticed but I'll be honest im not that great at spotting accents in Japanese. I havent rewatched the ep, its just something I remembered.

---------- Post added June 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was June 22, 2012 at 01:52 AM ----------

Its cool now.
Ive discovered that Tanegashima Shuuji is confirmed to have Kansai-ben.
He is definetely a Kansai boy.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
He says Kanata like ''Kanataa'' as oppose to Oni who says ''Kanatah''. Just a few things I noticed but I'll be honest im not that great at spotting accents in Japanese. I havent rewatched the ep, its just something I remembered.

---------- Post added June 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was June 22, 2012 at 01:52 AM ----------

Its cool now.
Ive discovered that Tanegashima Shuuji is confirmed to have Kansai-ben.
He is definetely a Kansai boy.
Then we were right about he was from Kansai Region.

Anyway, when you hear his voice in the anime, you can definitely say he's from Kansai. Probably, the anime guys asked Konomi what accent did Shuuji have, I don't think they can give him a random accent anyway lol.

Brandnewkid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this sufficient?
Definitely can confirm that he speaks with a Kansai accent, but whether he's from Kyoto, Osaka, etc. I can't tell. He speaks with a "general" Kansai dialect.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Definitely can confirm that he speaks with a Kansai accent, but whether he's from Kyoto, Osaka, etc. I can't tell. He speaks with a "general" Kansai dialect.
Yeah, although NONE of the Pair Puri's have been fully translated with ALL their pages scanlated onto the internet and stuff, one page of them says ''Tanegashima Shuuji the one with the Kansai-ben.''

I doubt he is a Shitenhouji OB though since he didnt say anything after realizing Taira Yoshiyuki had been replaced.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Bottom left panel. I actually lol'd at this.
Isnt Atobe laughing at the fourth wall here?

When he says ''the feeling were not going', since its true Echizen Ryoma has never lost an official match lol.

---------- Post added August 26, 2012 at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was August 20, 2012 at 07:58 AM ----------

Since Duke is said to be the No.1 Power Player of U-17 Japan, it means thankfully that Byoudouin Houou isnt at all a Power Player. He just has an awesomeness shot.
Looking forward to Byoudouin's matches even more now.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I have the raw page, it definitely says 178 cm. He might have just not been standing straight there or something.
That's my issue. He was standing straight there, I've gone over this various times. In other scenes too.

Irie cries about his height, but he is only two centimetres under 6feet tall?? How is that too tiny for tennis?
Confused on that issue. 178cm is definetely not short. Making him taller than Matsudaira Chikahiko I believe. Yet the manga portrayed otherwise.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That's definitely interesting news.