Archived - Forum experience | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Archived Forum experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashi_n

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Started from a completely OOT forum.. ^^" (I love OOT forums btw.. :D) two years ago~

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Seven years in forums, total, and I can't count all the ones I've been to.

Forums are great because they're a way of meeting new people that you don't know, and converse about topics that you like. Many of my friends aren't into the same things I am, so it's great to be able to hop online and spend the night discussing the newest manga chapter or the best songs by a certain band. I've also met people from different countries and cultures, and it's great to learn about that.

The worst thing about them are the complete and utter idiots you encounter. Thankfully, they are fairly easily dispelled, even if they do pop up quite a lot. All those people who don't read the rules, demand things, and just don't pay attention to the rules... *shudder*

I don't know what people have against spam. Spam is good, when it's conversational!

And of course, anyone who visits StopTazmo would have known that those last two paragraphs were coming. =P

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
How long have you been around forums/discussion boards?

Hrmmmm...since 2002 :p I was (and still is, really, but not much as before) a huge fan of...erm. A band. And I joined their official forum. Though the members were a wee bit angsty towards noobs (I mean in a major way). They believed, as far as I can remember, that any noobs joining from 2002 were mostly fans of the 'hawtness' of the band members, instead of their music as well.

Which is fucking stupid, seeing that I heard their songs first, before even knowing who they were. XD

Oh...! And I once joined a tiny forum for X Files fans back in 2001. Yep. But I stuck around only to read discussins and posts, never having joined them myself.

Then in 2005 March, I joined NF, and pretty much went from there to here. :D I'm an MH baby, hell yeah :nuts

What do you like about forums/discussion boards?

The discussions, mostly. :D And I get to know about stuff quite early from them. As in, early raws, early rumours of blahblahblah and blah. And mostly because I need to vent of my spazzinnes, seeing that I have no one here to talk to about it.

And, tthe longer you stay in a forum, you make pretty good friends. Even on the internet, people. It's possible. Contrary to what you hear and read. :p You just get to know them tooo well enough to still believe that all internet-goers are just after pr0nGollYGOSH~

Actually, they still are. But that's not what I meant. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN :yelling

What do you hate about forums/discussion boards?

Hrm. People who have no consideration for other forum members (posting in CAPSLOCKALLTHETIME, or posting in leet speak. We have deaf members here, and it isn't nice when they can't read it). Or people who flame anything too much. Venting off is fine, but flaming is another thing.

Oooh! And the fact that all the members are soo far away, and I can't really get to hug them at all :<

On a sidenote, I don't hate spamming. That's what I was infamous for in NF, actually. But in a good way. I think. No one really flamed me there for doing so. :p But I don't agree on spamming on a topic that's meant for...anything else other than spamming. LAWL I only spam boards that don't have rules. EHEH.

Don't spam boards here O_O

Last edited:

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
since 1998...

First forum was a good experience, I showed up as it was just getting created so I had a little hand in the making of the community, and a bit in its destruction.

Then there was a bit of off time where I stopped foruming and just mmorpg'ed

Then I went back to forums but I mostly trolled

Then I just didn't use my computer at all for about 2 years

And now I'm here and on two other forums not fully committed, but still active'ish. This forum is by far the most enjoyable to be on, least amount of jerks, least amount of internet idiocy etc.

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've been foruming for... 3 - 4 years or so. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.