Frostyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Come on, France!

...Mr. Gary? wtf?

I'm just saying that just because she isn't posting in your thread, it doesn't mean she isn't around :oh
Don't worry about it. What I was attempting to convey isn't the easiest to explain. :)

Gary, it had nothing to do with my thread. I hadn't even posted in my own thread for six months. It was more that I'd only seen a mere handful of posts out of Darj since she left for Japan. We've chatted a few times, but that's about it since then.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Come on, France!

Don't worry about it. What I was attempting to convey isn't the easiest to explain. :)

Gary, it had nothing to do with my thread. I hadn't even posted in my own thread for six months. It was more that I'd only seen a mere handful of posts out of Darj since she left for Japan. We've chatted a few times, but that's about it since then.
...you could try lol

She's posted less, yeah. But she's still "active". Guess my perception is a bit warped.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Come on, France!

...you could try lol

She's posted less, yeah. But she's still "active". Guess my perception is a bit warped.
Well, it was something along the lines of, "Well, then, sir, pray tell what you know," mixed in with perhaps a bit of reservation and other stuff.

I suppose. If your definition of active is that she still visits MH, then yes. :) The LoL thread isn't something I look at, so I do miss out on that.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Come on, France!

Well, it was something along the lines of, "Well, then, sir, pray tell what you know," mixed in with perhaps a bit of reservation and other stuff.

I suppose. If your definition of active is that she still visits MH, then yes. :) The LoL thread isn't something I look at, so I do miss out on that.
Wow, what a dapper gent...:gent

Yeah...well I guess I meant more that she hasn't "disappeared", since you brought up her and Asky together lol. But she does post in the LoL thread mostly and occasional other places.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

OH...forgot to mention that she no long has wifi at her new host's home, so that explains it.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Come on, France!

Wow, what a dapper gent...:gent

Yeah...well I guess I meant more that she hasn't "disappeared", since you brought up her and Asky together lol. But she does post in the LoL thread mostly and occasional other places.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

OH...forgot to mention that she no long has wifi at her new host's home, so that explains it.
Ah, that would explain it.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Come on, France!

Excellent. Good to see that everything is explained.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: Come on, France!

Right? Glad everyone knows I haven't died. /s

Not like it's such a problem to dig out my own thread lol. And I had wifi only three months out of the whole year...
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Come on, France!

Right? Glad everyone knows I haven't died. /s

Not like it's such a problem to dig out my own thread lol. And I had wifi only three months out of the whole year...
No, we were questioning if Asky had died, but then I saw her later on that day for the first time in months. Then again, I don't facebook stalk, so...

How was not having internet at your home? When do you return home, the second week in August?
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: Come on, France!

No, we were questioning if Asky had died, but then I saw her later on that day for the first time in months. Then again, I don't facebook stalk, so...

How was not having internet at your home? When do you return home, the second week in August?
...Well, I have my phone internet. I just can't watch or read, or go to data-heavy pages etc.

July 30. I may or not go to Italy right afterwards for a few weeks though again, on top of having to study for the exams since I don't wanna repeat the year.

Zi let's talk Harry Potter :uguu
I've been re-reading last weeks, obviously not done yet but really into it again.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Come on, France!

...Well, I have my phone internet. I just can't watch or read, or go to data-heavy pages etc.

July 30. I may or not go to Italy right afterwards for a few weeks though again, on top of having to study for the exams since I don't wanna repeat the year.

Zi let's talk Harry Potter :uguu
I've been re-reading last weeks, obviously not done yet but really into it again.
Ah, I see.

Don't go to Italy. I'm sure Slovakia's much nicer. :P

Sure, Darj. What about it?
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: Come on, France!

I just wanna see my "kid" (still no idea what, was it cousin twice removed?), if I don't go I will go two years without seeing him. And kids change so much and yeah. I don't really care much for anything else other than visiting my cousin and the kiddie, but yeah I wanna go.

Eh, anything. What about basics? Favorites among books, characters, scenes... Did you hear about the new movies? I JUST found out. Dunno if I'm really interested tbh but eh, more of the wizarding world can never be bad.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Come on, France!

I just wanna see my "kid" (still no idea what, was it cousin twice removed?), if I don't go I will go two years without seeing him. And kids change so much and yeah. I don't really care much for anything else other than visiting my cousin and the kiddie, but yeah I wanna go.

Eh, anything. What about basics? Favorites among books, characters, scenes... Did you hear about the new movies? I JUST found out. Dunno if I'm really interested tbh but eh, more of the wizarding world can never be bad.
He was something like that, yeah.

I don't even know what's my favorite anymore. I remember that I once had a list of how I ordered them in terms of good to bad, but not anymore. I think the Half-Blood Prince is probably my favorite.

Ron and Ginny can go jump off a bridge. Harmony all the way!

Yeah, I heard back last September when they were announced and everything. I didn't read that magical beasts novel Rowling wrote, and I honestly don't have any interest in it. What drew me in, at least, was the characters, as well as the setting. The setting does need to be well done of course, but characters are what really make it come alive. I don't have any interest in a guy that I don't have any attachment to in a story set in New York City in the 1920s. I really don't like the 1920s, although I don't think we'll see the Roaring '20s in a magical novel. Still, the fact that they're making a movie out of Newt Scamander just looks like pandering and money grubbing. I'd like to see Rowling write novels featuring the adventures of the next generation or something and have those made into movies, because at least we'd have a direct connection to some of the characters. I'm no Expanded Universe (I'm just putting a moniker on it, it's not actually called that) Harry Potter fan or anything, and I don't read all of the stuff that Rowling's put out over the years or anything, but she did create a family tree, plenty of new characters, write explanations of what happened with the characters after the seven Hogwarts years, so there's definitely something there if she wants to write more novels.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: Come on, France!

He was something like that, yeah.

I don't even know what's my favorite anymore. I remember that I once had a list of how I ordered them in terms of good to bad, but not anymore. I think the Half-Blood Prince is probably my favorite.

Ron and Ginny can go jump off a bridge. Harmony all the way!

Yeah, I heard back last September when they were announced and everything. I didn't read that magical beasts novel Rowling wrote, and I honestly don't have any interest in it. What drew me in, at least, was the characters, as well as the setting. The setting does need to be well done of course, but characters are what really make it come alive. I don't have any interest in a guy that I don't have any attachment to in a story set in New York City in the 1920s. I really don't like the 1920s, although I don't think we'll see the Roaring '20s in a magical novel. Still, the fact that they're making a movie out of Newt Scamander just looks like pandering and money grubbing. I'd like to see Rowling write novels featuring the adventures of the next generation or something and have those made into movies, because at least we'd have a direct connection to some of the characters. I'm no Expanded Universe (I'm just putting a moniker on it, it's not actually called that) Harry Potter fan or anything, and I don't read all of the stuff that Rowling's put out over the years or anything, but she did create a family tree, plenty of new characters, write explanations of what happened with the characters after the seven Hogwarts years, so there's definitely something there if she wants to write more novels.
I guess I know what you mean. I mean I remember after last time that I read all of them (like I've read my favorites a lot of times during the years, while those that weren't my favorites I usually passed) I knew my "non favorites" were 2,4,5 while the dearest one was up for grabs (3 or 7) but now, I guess being older and all that, I found out I don't agree with that anymore... I guess all of the books have things in them that I love too much to say "I didn't really like X". Like 5, I didn't really have much love for Order of the P cos I only remembered it as "I hated Umbridge too much" / "Harry was too whiny" / "If only Harry could believe Snape was on the good side so many bad things wouldn't have happened" etc, but I just finished reading it now and I just loved how insanely cool McGonagall and Dumbledore were, and how I came to love George and Fred much, and expanding from "only the trio" to twins/Ginny... And also "The Lost Prophecy", which I got reminded of, and now I don't know whether my favorite chapter is it, or still The Prince's Tale (I guess it's just both now.)

Interesting 6 is your favorite since you loathe Harry/Ginny and like Harry/Hermione.
Did you see that interview where Rowling admits she realized Ron/Hermione actually should not work? I will admit myself I don't have too much love for Ron, and I recently thought I don't like Ron/Hermione that much, and Harmony wouldn't be too bad.. But indeed, I still love Harry/Ginny xD

Yeah we'll just see how it is when it comes out I guess. I mean, Rowling is a brilliant writer so I do have hopes the story will be good. I'm also glad they're not letting Harry universe die out. But if it doesn't turn out superb, there will be soo much of harsh critic, I guess.

I'd literally do anything except kill myself/make myself deaf/blind to have her write whole books about the prologue, aka Marauders/First War era. Maybe once T.T

Oh btw, there's just been a lot of HP stuff on my mind and it's better to write it out than just think about it, so that's why I'm writing lots about something you probably don't care that much about anymore xD

If nothing happens, I will go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter (in USJ Osaka) in July btw! One day before leaving Japan lol. I'm dying from anticipation. I hope it works out. ;;
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Come on, France!

I guess I know what you mean. I mean I remember after last time that I read all of them (like I've read my favorites a lot of times during the years, while those that weren't my favorites I usually passed) I knew my "non favorites" were 2,4,5 while the dearest one was up for grabs (3 or 7) but now, I guess being older and all that, I found out I don't agree with that anymore... I guess all of the books have things in them that I love too much to say "I didn't really like X". Like 5, I didn't really have much love for Order of the P cos I only remembered it as "I hated Umbridge too much" / "Harry was too whiny" / "If only Harry could believe Snape was on the good side so many bad things wouldn't have happened" etc, but I just finished reading it now and I just loved how insanely cool McGonagall and Dumbledore were, and how I came to love George and Fred much, and expanding from "only the trio" to twins/Ginny... And also "The Lost Prophecy", which I got reminded of, and now I don't know whether my favorite chapter is it, or still The Prince's Tale (I guess it's just both now.)

Interesting 6 is your favorite since you loathe Harry/Ginny and like Harry/Hermione.
Did you see that interview where Rowling admits she realized Ron/Hermione actually should not work? I will admit myself I don't have too much love for Ron, and I recently thought I don't like Ron/Hermione that much, and Harmony wouldn't be too bad.. But indeed, I still love Harry/Ginny xD

Yeah we'll just see how it is when it comes out I guess. I mean, Rowling is a brilliant writer so I do have hopes the story will be good. I'm also glad they're not letting Harry universe die out. But if it doesn't turn out superb, there will be soo much of harsh critic, I guess.

I'd literally do anything except kill myself/make myself deaf/blind to have her write whole books about the prologue, aka Marauders/First War era. Maybe once T.T

Oh btw, there's just been a lot of HP stuff on my mind and it's better to write it out than just think about it, so that's why I'm writing lots about something you probably don't care that much about anymore xD

If nothing happens, I will go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter (in USJ Osaka) in July btw! One day before leaving Japan lol. I'm dying from anticipation. I hope it works out. ;;
Well, yes, 2, 4, and 5 all have major problems.

Well, part of why I like 6 is that Harry had some actually good qualities to him in 6. He wasn't weak and whiny or relying on the power of luck or anything.

I did not see that interview. Rowling wanted an insta-family, so Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione. It doesn't work that way in real life and it certainly shouldn't have worked that way in the books. Harry had virtually no connection with Ginny and Hermione thought that Ron was an incompetent, jealous, lazy fool for the majority of the books, but instead of Harry and Hermione, two characters who actually worked together, we got two pairings that didn't really work.

Did you read that "murder mystery" novel that Rowling wrote a year or two ago? It was pretty awful. I'd rather see the HP universe survive in other ways, not with characters that I have zero connection with and zero interest in.

Well, it worked for Star Wars. :P

That's fine. I mean, the books are still on my shelf and I still try to find good HP fanfiction, but it's few and far between. A lot of it will start out well, but after about 50-75k words, it'll take a downturn and be unreadable.

Sounds fun. I was going to go to that theme park in England in 2012, but it opened a few days after I had to leave.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Come on, France!

Send your line-up if you haven't yet, time's almost up.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So, the WC's just about over now. Time really flies, doesn't it? I think that FIFA should just scrap the third place match.

Come on, Deutschland! Send Messi fishing.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I like the 3rd place match. Because we usually have to play this one...
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So, the WC's just about over now. Time really flies, doesn't it? I think that FIFA should just scrap the third place match.

Come on, Deutschland! Send Messi fishing.
The 3rd place match is made for teams like Croatia to celebrate something.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I like the 3rd place match. Because we usually have to play this one...
Counting this WC, you've been in two Finals and two 3rd place matches in the last four WCs, so it's all good.

Anyway, Brazil hilariously self-destructed again.

The 3rd place match is made for teams like Croatia to celebrate something.
You didn't take the opportunity to say "teams like Brazil?" Or did you think that that would be tempting fate?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top