Shounen - Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
You are correct in a way, most of the mangas tend to go in the similar direction. However, I think things story will become interesting, especially when Gama's father comes into the story.

The good thing about this manga, at least for me, is the main character. He is more consistent as a character, he is not hesitating to kill his opponent. Whereas, in most of the mangas, the protagonist hates to kill or hurt other.

sabret00the

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have the problem with his power, but I do have a problem with the fluctuating pace and badassery. If he's a badass, he has to remain a total badass or not. You can't have him be half a badass.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I think there will come more story. There has been introduced two ogame school students and recently, Gama's sensei showed up. I am definitely sure that with these character's introduction and with a new stage into this tournament, some new story elements will be given...

Anyway, so far, I like gamaran a lot. Things aren't stretched out for too long. The fight with Kyousen school wasn't as long as I expected.

Wakka Kool-Aid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Gamaran's sensei has better speed hax then him, then what would've happened if he was the one fighting in the first round? They other 'prestigeous' teams would've been child's play. I hope actual STRONG enemies come in the future that will equalize this manga's power levels.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think there will come more story. There has been introduced two ogame school students and recently, Gama's sensei showed up. I am definitely sure that with these character's introduction and with a new stage into this tournament, some new story elements will be given...

Anyway, so far, I like gamaran a lot. Things aren't stretched out for too long. The fight with Kyousen school wasn't as long as I expected.
Haven't read (or looked at raws) of chapter 23 yet so this post may be outdated. My gut feeling is this will go in Vagabond style cycles; a round of the tournament followed by plot driven arcs. The politics of the tournament will emerge during those arcs, as will most of the character development. Each round of the tournament will increase in intensity, each plot arc could delve deeper into the world. The mangaka seems to be very good, I don't think my expectations are to high.

So far I have been happy with the action. Considering this was essentially an introductory arc I thought it went very well. Gama was developed as an excellent strategist in addition to his strength as a soldier. Definitely not the stereotypical shonen hot head and I really appreciate that. At 23 chapters there is more than enough time for more complicated action scenes. The first three sequences may have had some repetition but that's not a big deal, yet. Hopefully as more sophisticated enemies are presented, and as Gama grows, the fights will move in less predictable directions.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Just finished chapter 27....

So these chain and sickle guys seem pretty strong especially Muraku. Not sure if I think they will face them in the 2nd round though. Kinda seems like they were set up to be a more far-off villains, but then again it also kinda feels like they might be the next opponents.

But what was up with that counter-weight?! Breaking through a stone wall? It must be heavy as hell. That's gonna cause some definite problems if the Ogame school has to go up against them like I think they will.

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it seems that Gama is the second strongest of the trio that Ogame have representing them now. The next battle will be interesting, let's see how their team work does.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Well it seems that Gama is the second strongest of the trio that Ogame have representing them now. The next battle will be interesting, let's see how their team work does.
For the time being, yes Gama seems to be the second strongest in the group. I am sure with his new training and future battle, he may surpass his sensei.

Its nice to see the way this manga is turning out. Its good to see, Ogama school is going in next round as a team. I mean, it would be lame if once again Gama was winning all the fights in next round.

maxikki

Reaction score
Country
United States
For the time being, yes Gama seems to be the second strongest in the group. I am sure with his new training and future battle, he may surpass his sensei.

Its nice to see the way this manga is turning out. Its good to see, Ogama school is going in next round as a team. I mean, it would be lame if once again Gama was winning all the fights in next round.
what i'm interested in is to know what's the foreign martial art that is participating on the tournament. could it be some art from korea, china or from europe. only thing left to do is wait.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
what i'm interested in is to know what's the foreign martial art that is participating on the tournament. could it be some art from korea, china or from europe. only thing left to do is wait.
Maybe its Muy Thai. That would be fun though I don't know if its old enough to be the one....:darn

Stevenh1990

Reaction score
Country
United States
Things are starting to heat up ! The second round is very interesting. Didn't think it go like that.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
The father is fucked up putting his sons lives on the line like that! And of course, everyone is picking on Gama :p

Bludvein

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gama just got a target painted on his forehead, both because of his age and the lord hes guarding.

All the lords hate Naoyoshi, so theres no better oppurtunity than to kill him in this contest. Actually, i wouldnt put it past that lord that was buddy-buddy with him to be the first to go after him.

fizban

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gama just got a target painted on his forehead, both because of his age and the lord hes guarding.

All the lords hate Naoyoshi, so theres no better oppurtunity than to kill him in this contest. Actually, i wouldnt put it past that lord that was buddy-buddy with him to be the first to go after him.
Totally. The way he entered this chapter totally screams the final enemy of this arc. I wonder if his school is one of the ones we have been introduced to already

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A very good chapter. So Gama is going to be a common target. What can he do against opponents, much stronger than the last round. I bet he learned quite a few formidable techniques.

gotdott

Reaction score
Country
China
What do you guys think the third round will be, since they've already had a free for all and a "capture the flag" scenario.

This manga is picking up and maybe end up in my top 10.

I'm having difficulty predicting what's after this though, it's both a good thing and a bad thing..

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
New chapter is out on onemanga!

The rule for the second round is insane: killing one of your brothers in order to advance to the third round.

But Naoyoshi badass look was suprising. He really is going to kill his brother and finally Gama is back and kicks ass again. I expect some awesome moves from him. :D

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Another good chapter from this manga, which is becoming good by every chapter. That chain-sickle baldy is gonna get served for sure. I think Gama will take out these two with ease in the next chapter. Or may be their taicho will interfere.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Great chapter, it doesn't look good for baldy but I wouldn't be surprised if he would be backed up by his mate or someone else. I wouldn't like it if this was so easy, then again gama has done training with Iori, so we can assume he has gotten stronger now

Héhé, we get to see a teaching of Iori - Kosen. It's looking for gama but the ninjas are going to get in the battle too. The header for next week looks attractive, I can clearly see it becoming very chaotic

Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Yeah its gonna get crazy especially since none of the enemies care about anyone but attacking Naoyoshi. Hopefully Gama and the rest can get out of this situation in good condition while still killing the chain and sickly guys as well as those ninjas.