Discussion - General Couples/Relationship Thread | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion General Couples/Relationship Thread

What is your favorite love story in NnT?

• Mel x Elizabeth

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Ban x Elaine

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • King x Diane

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Margaret x Gilthunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadja x Gowther

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Ban x Jericho

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Diane x Hauser

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Escanor x Merlin

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Gloxinia x Gerharde

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Derieri x Monspiet

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Elizabeth falling in love with Meliodas whenever she is reincarnated is likely a part of the curse, too. It would be a bit awkward if it weren't like that, haha.
Hey, good call on this one Gallon.

overlordpringerx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
When did something as disgusting as Melizabeth get more votes than King x Diane?!

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
When did something as disgusting as Melizabeth get more votes than King x Diane?!
Because they are literally Romeo and Juliet type of story? And their love is more tragic and we know that people, in general, feel more empathy toward tragic things.

That is what helped this couple to win in a Poll, best couple too, you can't win against tear and sadness. Appeal to emotion is strong nowadays.

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Because they are literally Romeo and Juliet type of story? And their love is more tragic and we know that people, in general, feel more empathy toward tragic things.

That is what helped this couple to win in a Poll, best couple too, you can't win against tear and sadness. Appeal to emotion is strong nowadays.
Is that it? Are people really that simple nowadays?

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Is that it? Are people really that simple nowadays?
Unfortunately, look how the " muh emotions, muh feelings " card work every time nowadays. I miss the past old days.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, it's subjective. I don't care about King x Diane's story at all(I like their interactions as a couple but the story is another matter). It's the dullest by far to me, I didn't care about Melizabeth either, their interactions have annoyed me a lot of times, but their story is getting more depth which is making me more interested nowadays.

Meliodas's recent talk with Elizabeth for example was something I liked. Ban x Elaine is the main pairing's story I really liked from the beginning. But of all the love stories, I prefer Gowther x Nadja, it was simply that good to me even though it was only one chapter.

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Unfortunately, look how the " muh emotions, muh feelings " card work every time nowadays. I miss the past old days.
Oh Jesus. I can't believe that so stories(and poorly written ones at that) are now more important than character interactions and chemistry.

Xamika

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Oh Jesus. I can't believe that so stories(and poorly written ones at that) are now more important than character interactions and chemistry.
Well, it is purely subjective.
But @Demonspeed raised a good point, that Melizabeth's is getting more development and depth right now in the story and we'll eventually see more of their history, like how they fell in love with each other in the first place, which makes the pairing more interesting.
Before this they were just Meliodas molesting Elizabeth whenever the hell he felt like it, him saving her over and over, and her being head over heels for him, which I can agree is not an ideal romantic couple.
But I guess people enjoyed that because they are the main focus of this manga, and people either love Meliodas or Elizabeth.

Last edited:

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Well, it is really purely subjective.
But @Demonspeed raised a good point, that Melizabeth's is getting more development and depth right now in the story and we'll eventually see more of their history, like how they fell in love with each other in the first place, which makes the pairing more interesting.
Before this they were just Meliodas molesting Elizabeth whenever the hell he felt like it, him saving her over and over, and her being head over heels for him, which I can agree is not an ideal romantic couple.
But I guess people enjoyed that because they are the main focus of this manga, and people either love Meliodas or Elizabeth.
I agree. What interest me is how Goddess Elizabeth loved Meliodas in the first place. The story of that couple is not over yet.

Last edited:

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, you all.

I'm here to discuss an old, stated question of which female character will our favorite Commandment of Love get hitched with? Because it's a bit sad to see that Estarossa is the only brother who doesn't have a lover while Meliodas and Zeldris have Elizabeth and Gelda. So here in this thread, we will discuss which female characters will have a potential love relationship with Estarossa.

Let the discussion begin...

To start this off, I'm going to reveal my honest opinion of who should be Estarossa's lover.

My money is on Zaneri. Why? Because we have seen earlier in the story that she was fangirling Meliodas and had feelings for him, of which Meliodas didn't return, but preferred to be neutral. So I'm thinking that Zaneri's failed feelings with Meliodas could possibly be successful with Estarossa.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
I doubt that Zaneri will love someone as twisted and cruel as Estarossa.

Estarossa isn't the type of guy who could have a relationship. A psychopath doesn't have a life partner.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
No one probably. He's after Elizabeth and we know he won't get her. The way he's been characterized, I don't think he's particularly stable to have a love interest. Of all the brother's, I think he's also the most likely to die. He'll probably get an sympathetic send off from Eli, maybe a nice pat on the back for his troubles, but he'll probably just die alone.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
No one probably. He's after Elizabeth and we know he won't get her. The way he's been characterized, I don't think he's particularly stable to have a love interest. Of all the brother's, I think he's also the most likely to die. He'll probably get an sympathetic send off from Eli, maybe a nice pat on the back for his troubles, but he'll probably just die alone.
Inb4 Elizabeth gets captured by him and Meliodas loses his shit.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Estarosa in love... I don't see it. Estarosa is a character that has shown time and time that he is simply fucked up. Even by demon standards, a clan that zeldris pointed out consists of outcasts and freaks, estarosa is just offputting . I don't think estarosa has the capacity to love or perhaps feel in a relevant form. Just look at how he killed meliodas while he cried tears of sorrow. Estarosa even has the commandment of love, one that would render him powerless if he ever felt hatred.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
After chapter 254 (Galan's died), I think the sweetest demonstration of love Estarossa is getting in the land of the living is a violent & cruel blitz sending him straight to hell. In hell, he might just find his soulmate.

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
He maybe will fall in love to Elizabeth, but he will get nothing.
N it will irony he the "Love" but not getting any love.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I was thinking about peronia but she kinda got kileld by cath

Goldniti2

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He will form a harem.
This, he takes Elizbath from Mel, Diane from King, Gelda from Zel, Elaine from Ban and with Jericho and Gulia also part of the harem.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
This, he takes Elizbath from Mel, Diane from King, Gelda from Zel, Elaine from Ban and with Jericho and Gulia also part of the harem.
He isn't Kirito tho. :p