Discussion General Episodes Discussion

Do you watch One Piece? (anime)


  • Total voters
    513
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Dunno if the Edo were that horrible, but their timing was just super-terrible, exactly at the middle of the CP9 fights! ><
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Gah, these type of filler episodes really take a looooong time to be subbed but I finally watch it yesterday and pretty funny I guess.. Chopperman's special attack.. :lmao but its a nice gag once in a while though I can imagine how Onigiri Zorokiller came abt.. Luffy Bomber was a damn classic! Reminded me of Bomberman, used to love playing that wen I was a kid..
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Yea.. I really liked this filler too.. Chopperman is the best! <3
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Brooooooke I love you! Wahah great episode, Brooke's voice actor rocks!
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Still didn't watch it. Waiting for a "Edited Manga".. :s


Whoa, what an awesome episode! I really like Nami's look! <3333
One Piece animators are way better than Naruto's, they just keep it interesting and don't drag it too much. Way more enjoyable!
I didn't like Brooke's voice though, too feminine imo. :s
 
Last edited:

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Brook's voice isn't at all like I thought it would be. However, it is still extremely awesome. Especially his laugh, they got that PERFECTLY. I can't wait to hear his serious moments, like when
he fights Ryuma.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Is the fansub already out?
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

www.animesoftsubs.com has released a soft sub ver. already, and vegapunk released a script. and in www.box.x2p.org you can watch an encoded ver.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

I agree the voice wasn't like expected, yet still in the same way if you know what I mean. It has this jolly, goofy touch to it that fits Brooke perfectly, and like Imitorar said, his laugh is spot on.

Now, the Ice Hunter was good for a filler but man, it's always as great a feeling to come back to the main story after a filler arc. :D
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

yes, it was really good for a filler, although luffy going gear 2nd really pissed me off.. stupid script writeres, no creativity at all, only want to "satisfy" the fans.. ><
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Yeah, I completely agree. Sure, Oda has told them to have fun when they make the series and, I don't know, maybe they find gear 2nd extremely hilarious to animate, but it's still a real lack of creativity.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Don't think it's for their fun, it's more like for their FANS.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

They're also going to use Gear 2nd in the 9th movie. They SERIOUSLY need to stop this, because unlike them, Oda is being pretty careful not to overuse Gear Second. Seriously, at least use Gear 3rd once in a while. Gear 3rd seems to get no love, except maybe from Oda. And Gear 3rd against Don Acchino would've been awesome.
 
Last edited:

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

They're also going to use Gear 3rd in the 9th movie.
How do you know that? O_o Isn't it only the remake of drum island? O_o
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Did I say 3rd? I meant they were going to use Gear 2nd in the movie. You can see Luffy using it for a second or two in one of the promo's and it's clearly Gear 2nd. And they ARE changing the plot of the Drum Island arc alot. No Vivi, Robin and Franky are in it, Wapol's brother is in it, Oz may be in it, or at least, some giant thing's shadow. Either way, it's not sticking to the canon of that arc at all. But that's not for this thread, anyway.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Yea, that's really weird.. O_o.. Maybe it's two movies in one? We didn't see robin/franky exactly in drum island. They might be part of the movie though.. And I know that the details have changed.. >< It's gonna be worse than a Naruto movie! ;)

Anyways, next chapter seems to be still "only" a chilling chapter, and I assume that the chapter afterwards will be the chapter that they see perona's ghost and nami, ussop and chopper getting on TB.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Yeah, I think they're trying to slow the pace down until the Thriller Bark ark finishes in the manga. That's why this week they made the first half of the episode filler. And because the Ice Hunters arc beginning was the what really happened for the first third of that chapter. And since this went through chapter 442, you're right, next episode will probably just be chapter 443. Which means it will end with Brook going onto Thriller Bark. Not that much content, but it's gonna be great seeing the hilarity of that chapter animated.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Yes.. And I kinda liked the filler meterial, coz it fills up the things that the manga is missing - the daily life of the crew, and showing off with their new ship, which is cool! :D Thousand Sunny is really amazing!
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Yeah, I saw that too. I have to admit, I prefer gear 2nd to gear 3rd, but both of them should be Luffy's trump cards. Sure, it's great that they care about the fans but really, the fans they please by overusing gear 2nd are the 10-year old boys watching the dub and think anime is all about extreme fighting, coolboy (annoying) voices and Kame Hame Ha's. No offense to those who actually like that the animators are tearing the coolness of the move apart, but that's my opinion.

I'm amazed they didn't have Chopperman go monster form.
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

the crew really reminds me of a big family with their antics. With Zoro and Robin being the cool & calm grandparents, Sanji & Nami are the parents, Franky is the eldest son and Usopp, Luffy & Chopper are the kids messing around. :XD

But their reactions to Brooke was priceless. Only Robin was spared that 'eyeballs rolled to the backp' response.

I don't mind the change in color for luffy's shirt. and robin looks nice in her purple stuff.
when are we ever going to see zoro, usopp and sanji change from their usual clothes?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top