Support General Suggestions

slippy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Suggestion:
People should be able to rate a manga with decimals too. I tend to group too many at 4 because 5 would mean the manga is perfect. I think i could be more judgmental this way and then people could accurately grade a manga on how they think it is.
 

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
On the admin section for a group, two suggestions:
1. On the admin part, where it combines all the comments that users have made on your releases, be nice if it listed the release next to or before the date, like:

Posted on 2009-02-13 21:32:47 in series name ##

2. When adding a release, if you've indicated that you translate a series, be nice if it selected your name automatically on the translator drop-down, so you don't have to keep doing for each release.
 

Nimloth

よろず屋 / Yorozuya
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Tech
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
198
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
On the admin section for a group, two suggestions:
1. On the admin part, where it combines all the comments that users have made on your releases, be nice if it listed the release next to or before the date, like:
I am in the process of revamping a whole load of templates; Included are changes for how and where comments display as well as other nifty goodies for group profile pages.

Additionally, there are some other pages/templates being implemented in development which will serve as a baseline for translations profiles revamp ;)
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I got a quick suggestion. Why not add an Arcade with flash games and highscores.

Would be fun to pass the time.
 

Nimloth

よろず屋 / Yorozuya
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Tech
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
198
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
I got a quick suggestion. Why not add an Arcade with flash games and highscores.

Would be fun to pass the time.
Not a bad idea, though not in current plans. I will look into seeing what the options for this is :-]
 

sheetz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 8, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
93
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Suggestion:

I often go to the RAW manga section to reference old manga chapters but the older chapters are only included in the volumes and not listed individually. Therefore, if I want to look up say, Chapter 128 of Bleach, I have to guess which volume it's in and if I'm wrong I have to keep on guessing until I get it right. Sometimes this can take an annoyingly long time as I generally have to go through many pages just to get to each volume's table of contents.

My suggestion is to list the chapter numbers included within the volume alongside the chapter number. For instance, a listing could look something like this

Naruto Volume 32 (281-289) MQ

to indicate that chapters 281 thru 289 are covered in volume 32 of Naruto.
 

Epikhigh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
132
Reaction score
70
Gender
Male
Country
United States
haven't read through these posts but:

Could you add an "Agree" Button ?

Half the time I press the "Thanks" button, actually what I mean is that "I agree with you buddy...." lol
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
haven't read through these posts but:

Could you add an "Agree" Button ?

Half the time I press the "Thanks" button, actually what I mean is that "I agree with you buddy...." lol
The "Thanks" button is used to express appreciation of another user's post. This appreciation could stem from varying reasons, such as agreement or fondness of the content of the post.

In a post that expresses an opinion and does not offer some sort of service (like answering a question or providing some sort of factual information), one would naturally expect that expressions of appreciation express agreement with the statement of the post.

If you have something more to say than simply expressing agreement like "I agree with you, but here is my opinion...", "I agree with you, and here are my reasons why...", etc., then it would be better to make an actual post expressing these thoughts, but if you merely want to express agreement and nothing else, the sentiment of the "Thanks" button should be well-enough understood to convey your feelings.
 

kawaii

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
11
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
A smily revamp would be a good idea. I post on this other site somtimes and I think it makes it alot of fun and a unique forum when you have little quirks like that.

Here is a link to the smilies, its middle of the page on his journal section
link
 

death13a

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
When a person posts multiple chapters/volumes releases get them to group automatically as it gets hard to see what new mangas are released when they are overshadowed.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
It seems there is a bug with the "view first unread" button in the thread Latest Episodes Discussion in one piece theater and arcade forum. It always send me to the last post of the thread rather than the first unread. It works fine with the other thread (in one piece forum at least), no idea why it's different for this one.
For info I use firefox 3.0
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Somehow the views and thanks on my translatorspage seem frozen (just to mention it)

And here the actual suggestion I wanted to make: How about making visible how many readers a manga has? because the situation is like this, for some manga I really don't want to add to favourites as there's like never going to happen something useful, but you never know whether or not someone else also reads it (apart from the people in the partly long dead discussion threads that is =D )
 

kouros_9

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hi guys !

I think someone has already submitted this idea to you or you may have already thought about it, but maybe this time MH wants to try it. Well, I’d appreciate that MH may have a place on the website, where Manga Editors could release their cleans. Actually, as MH is the most popular website for Manga Editors in the world, it could have a positive impact on global Edited Manga organization. Every week a lot of Edited Manga groups will clean several times the same pages of the same series, especially a ten-odd series. I think to quote them is useless. Tomy mind it is a bit ridiculous and has some bad effects on the global organization. Because of that way of working, small projects, not to say unknown series (except for fans), have a great lack of Manga Editors to work on. Releases are late in every country, because most of international Edited Manga groups work from US releases. Thus if some Manga Editors could do it, these unknown or not enough well-known series could keep releasing faster in every country. For some series delays are reaching few months or years. It does work for translations, why not for cleans ? I know that Edited Manga groups have some kind of interests (premium accounts…), but I don’t mean to do that for all series. Just with projects that worth it and that are not hits like Naruto, One Piece or Bleach, despite their success are very good series.

We share the same passion.
 

dancingblade

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah, I agree with kouros_9 with that. Edited Mangas will be faster, the cleaners will get the respect they deserve and everybody benefits.

Just a few suggestions. They're not very urgent.

Some of my practice translations are not appearing in the pending translations drop down box. I'm not sure of the reason though. Also, the width of the table of pending translations seems to have gotten pretty thin recently. And, is it possible to go to "page 2" of the pending translations?

It would be nice to have a "show history" page for a translation, so people can see the edits you've made. I guess this is similar to how you can compare edits on a Wikipedia page. This would mean that the translator can refer to his/her past mistakes and learn from them, so to prevent the same mistakes in future translations. The readers are able to pinpoint which line has been changed quickly and efficiently. Manga Editors are able to make changes to a release based on what has been updated since taking the translation. It will also make it easier to revert back to an earlier edit if the fans don't like it.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hello,

I had a tiny suggestion. For the database, there are flags to indicate the languages of the Edited Mangas and translations. I don't know all of the languages associated with the flags, and I thought perhaps you could use one of those little textbox thingies that appear when you hover over the flag icon to identify the language.

Thanks for the time. :vbunny
 
Top