ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What lineup of japan middle schoolers (not tezuka or ryoma) can beat the japanese high schoolers if they use the same lineup as before with tokugawa taking ryoga's spot.
The middle schoolers must win 4 out of the 7 matches to win.
RULES
No assuming they get upgrades ONLY as they are now.
Can only use a player once.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doubles 3: Ochi and Mouri Vs. Atobe and Sanada
Doubles 2: Atsukyo and Kijima Vs. Fuji and Tooyama
Doubles 1: Tanegashima and Omagari Vs. Seiichi and Akutsu
Singles 4: Duke Vs. Niou
Singles 3: Oni Vs. Oishi
Singles 2: Tokugawa Vs. Zaizen
Singles 1: Byoudin Vs. Mizuki

D3: Atobe being able to sort of Counter the Mach and having seen it before as well as overcoming mental pressure should allow him to achieve victory when combined with Sanda who can use his power to breakthrough the defenses of the pair. I can see this match working in their favor if they can cooperate.

D2: Tooyama's reckless tennis should be too much for the pair too handle especially if he can go Teni' Muho. With Fuji's new attack style he probably could go after the weakness of of Atsukyo and shut him down. Together they should be at a level to handle the pair.

D1. Akutsu and Seiichi's shots don't have special properties and Yuki should be able to Dream Omagari and Yuki being as skilled as he is with Akutsu's field prescence they should be able to prevent Nitoryu from doing anything useful.

S4. Niou has the best chance of breaking duke if he plays smart and avoids spamming Tezuka and dodges Duke Homerun. His illusion is the only thing saving him.

The rest are just throw aways because those Three are on a completely seperate level in comparison.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doubles 3: Ochi and Mouri Vs. Atobe and Sanada
Doubles 2: Atsukyo and Kijima Vs. Fuji and Tooyama
Doubles 1: Tanegashima and Omagari Vs. Seiichi and Akutsu
Singles 4: Duke Vs. Niou
Singles 3: Oni Vs. Oishi
Singles 2: Tokugawa Vs. Zaizen
Singles 1: Byoudin Vs. Mizuki

D3: Atobe being able to sort of Counter the Mach and having seen it before as well as overcoming mental pressure should allow him to achieve victory when combined with Sanda who can use his power to breakthrough the defenses of the pair. I can see this match working in their favor if they can cooperate.

D2: Tooyama's reckless tennis should be too much for the pair too handle especially if he can go Teni' Muho. With Fuji's new attack style he probably could go after the weakness of of Atsukyo and shut him down. Together they should be at a level to handle the pair.

D1. Akutsu and Seiichi's shots don't have special properties and Yuki should be able to Dream Omagari and Yuki being as skilled as he is with Akutsu's field prescence they should be able to prevent Nitoryu from doing anything useful.

S4. Niou has the best chance of breaking duke if he plays smart and avoids spamming Tezuka and dodges Duke Homerun. His illusion is the only thing saving him.

The rest are just throw aways because those Three are on a completely seperate level in comparison.
Niou can't beat duke. Duke needs one shot to end the game. Niou can't use tezuka phantom or zero shiki serve the whole game so Duke has a very good chance of KOing him.
Akutsu and Yuki is an iffy match that could go either way. Tanageshima was easily able to stop Sanada and Akutsu so it can really go either way.
The other ones are good matchups except i would put Horio with his two years of tennis experience to play byoudin.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Doubles 3: Ochi and Mouri Vs. Gin and Kite
Ochi and Mouri's weakness is power so put Gin there and Kite can return anything that gets past him and score points with habu and his other special moves
Doubles 2: Atsukyo and Kijima Vs. Niou and Chitose
Niou as Chitose can Synchro and use Saiki together which would be practically impossible to beat.
Doubles 1: Tanegashima and Omagari Vs. Yukimura and Shiraishi
Both don't have special moves and are two of the best players Period. So the two together stand a chance
Singles 4: Duke Vs. Toyama
Toyama is one of the only players with enough firepower to take on Duke.
Singles 3: Oni Vs. Sanada
Sanada is 2nd only to Yukimura of the middle schoolers and might have a slight chance at winning
Singles 2: Tokugawa Vs. Fuji
Singles 1: Byoudin Vs. Atobe
Captain vs. captain

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
That's not really good use of characters, though. Byoudonin, Tokugawa looks too strong for any MS to beat. Kintarou might stand a chance against Oni, as their last 2 game go 1-1. Even then, that's still only a "chance" of beating Oni and not an absolute.

I would do

Mouri Ochi vs Atobe Niou
Atsukyo Kimijima vs Sanada Fuji
Duke vs Yukimura
Oni vs Kintarou

The match against Byoudin and Tokugawa doesn't really matter because there isn't any realistic chance of them winning. Shuuji and Ohmargari looks like they might stand some chance before you realize they stomp Sanada Akutsu team 6-0 6-0. While there "might" be team stronger than Sanada and Akutsu out there, I consider that using them will weaken the line up too much.

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
To be outright honest, any MSer against Byodoin/Tokugawa/Oni have no chance of winning. They're far from ready. That being said, MSers would lose Singles 1, 2, and 3.
However, Atobe, Niou, Yukimura, Sanada, Toyama, and Shiraishi are the only ones who would fair a chance in doubles:
Doubles 3: Atobe/Niou vs Ochi/Mouri. This is already confirmed to be a good pair.
Doubles 2: Yukimura/Sanada vs Tohno/Kimijima. This would be a formidable pair. I'm sure Yuimura wouldn't fall for any form of negotiation.
Doubles 1: Shiraishi/Akutsu vs Kimijima/Tanegashima. Shiraishi doesn't have many flashy moves so Tanegashima has nothing to nullify. Also Shiraishi would probably be able to tame Akutsu to some level.
Singles 4: Toyama vs Duke. Toyama has incredible power.

Last edited:

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Atobe/Niou barely beat Ochi/Mouri. Niou destroyed his arm and they only won because kabaji interfered.
Toyama still is not the same level as Oni
The yips might not affect Kimijima and continous executions will be hard to deal with.
I agree that MSers can't beat singles 1 2 and 3. The hardest match would be tanageshima who DESTROYED sanada and akutsu

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Atobe/Niou synchro'd with each other. Apparently, only the best doubles players can achieve synchro. Atobe was basically playing singles in the 3rd set. Playing 1 vs 2 is an impressive feat.
I know Toyama isn't ready for Oni that's why I put him against Duke. Still, I don't think Toyama would defeat Duke. Duke Homerun >108th Hadokyu.
I put Yukimura and Sanada together because they'd look like they'd put up a good fight as a pair. They are the best MSers without PoP.
I would love for Byodoin/Oni/Tokugawa to destroy all the arrogant MSers, just to shut them up (like Horio, Mizuki).

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gin said "this is more dangerous than my 108th hadoukyou" when toyama played ryoma. Toyama also can dodge duke homerun with his wild play and has the stamina to keep it up.

---------- Post added July 26, 2015 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was July 25, 2015 at 11:58 PM ----------

I agree yukimura and sanada would win I'm saying it's a waste of the two best players.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the absence of further plot bailouts there's no way the middle schoolers have a chance on the singles. They might be able to take the two weaker doubles match if they put their best players there instead of singles which is a total lost cause.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I think throwing away players to Tanegashima seemed llike a giant waste of potential. The dude 6-0 Sanada twice and the only two MS that are debatably better then Sanada (not counting Tezuka and Ryoma) are Yukimura and Kintarou. Even then, I'm not sure if Yukimura can 6-0 Sanada.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think throwing away players to Tanegashima seemed llike a giant waste of potential. The dude 6-0 Sanada twice and the only two MS that are debatably better then Sanada (not counting Tezuka and Ryoma) are Yukimura and Kintarou. Even then, I'm not sure if Yukimura can 6-0 Sanada.
Sanada got kind of screwed running into Tanegashima. He'd win easily against Tohno + Kimijima since Giant Habu was giving them huge problems when they can't easily see the ball to predict its path, but the unpredictability of Giant Habu is nothing compared to Black Aura which Sanada gets to control to go to wherever he wants, so it's literally impossible to predict the path. Even Tanegashima is shown to have to watch the ball very closely to react to when the ball changes, so anyone who has problem predicting Giant Habu, even from a blocked view via Wonder Castle, can't possibly deal with Black Aura. I think Black Aura would work well on Mouri/Ochi, who have high stats but certainly can't deal with a move like that trivially. Of course, if Sanada wised up and just hit the ball straight down instead of left/right/up after the first bounce, that'd basically force your opponent to volley every hit back which just doesn't work in POT.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I think Sanada got a high chance there, which is why I put him in that match in my match up.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
@ybr99: While that's true, Duke's power is 7. Kintaro's power is 5. Therefore, Kintaro would put up a good fight but still wouldn't win.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As others have said, I can't really think of a realistic way to have the MSers win here. Byoudouin and Tokugawa can't be touched by anyone and while Oni and Tanegashima are ever so slightly more realistic, it's an uphill battle no matter who you pick there. Even Duke might be more or less impossible to beat since he got that upgrade last match.

I'd probably put Yukimura/Akutsu against Tanegashima/Ohmagari since Akutsu is the only one who even has a chance of passing Tanegashima with his current skill set and Yukimura might be able to screw with Ohmagari somehow. Kintarou vs Duke because everybody else would get blown away and if he accesses TnK that might somehow work out 10% of the time.

Sanada is probably a good idea against Kimijima/Tohno, but he needs a suitable partner - even if the partner doesn't have to do much on offense, they still can't be a weak link, so either Shiraishi for overall abilities or Yanagi because he and Sanada probably know each other pretty well which might make them less likely to fall for Kimijima's tricks.

Atobe/Fuji in the match against Ochi/Mouri I guess. I wouldn't put in Niou again since while they won, they also undeniably got lucky several times. Fuji's new attacking moves are probably the best bet to break through Ochi and Mouri's defensive wall.

So in summary:
Atobe/Fuji vs Ochi/Mouri
Tooyama vs Watanabe
Sanada/Yanagi vs Kimijima/Tohno
Ishida vs Oni
Yukimura/Akutsu vs Tanegashima/Ohmagari
Shiraishi vs Tokugawa
Kirihara vs Byoudouin

Alternatively I'd consider putting Tooyama and Yukimura against Duke and Oni and replacing Yukimura in the sixth match with like Sengoku for motion vision or something idk.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hmm, I'm brimming with some ideas, so I'll play around with match up a bit.
Mouri Ochi vs Atobe/Fuji
Atsukyo Kimijima vs Sanada/Kite or Marui
Tanegashima/Ohmagari vs Yukimura/Niou
Duke vs Kintarou

This one require A LOT of luck, but if Niou can get lucky and syncho and Kintarou can PoP then they might be able to pull off a win. Obviously it's not certain, but there isn't a certain way MS can win with the condition that Ryoma/Tezuka cannot be used.

@Kaoz, I'm unsure about Yukimura/Akutsu. I don't think Yukimura is that far above current Sanada to save the grace from 6-0.

The other 3 matches are lost cause. Maybe they can find some really young kid for Orphanage that Oni go to that's really sick and Oni might let him win out of pity. There's no other way.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@Kaoz, I'm unsure about Yukimura/Akutsu. I don't think Yukimura is that far above current Sanada to save the grace from 6-0.
It depends on how powerful Dream is I think. For instance, if he could throw off Tanegashima for just a short moment it might be enough to create an opening for Akutsu or something. I'm not really thinking of this as a certain win or anything though, just the least bad option. Kintarou would theoretically be interesting too, but I don't think he can play doubles with Akutsu and I do believe that Akutsu is more or less required for the MSers to even stand a chance here.

On the other hand, I can't really see how Yukimura/Niou would benefit from Synchro in your line-up?

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The idea is that if Yukimura gains syncho, he might be answer more balls and might have higher chance to inflict Yips on Tanegashima and Ohmargari.

I'm always curious about Yips in doubles. Hopefully we'll get to see more of it this match.

Kite can work as substitute to Akutsu I believe. At least in term of court coverage.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
In terms of coverage, sure, but he doesn't have Akutsu's flexibility, so his offense would be infinitely worse against Tanegashima.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I don't think most MS can score against Tanegashima anyways if he's not Yipped. Sanada Black aura probably got a lot more offensive power than Akutsu.

But if this is one set match game instead of best of 3, MS chance to win might grows by a big margin. Sanada might actually be able to spam Rai then.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tanegashima doesn't even need Mu to return Rai though, it would be completely ineffective. The thing is that according to Tanegashima, in order for anyone to really beat his eyes, they need to be able to beat him at Look Over There, and Akutsu's the only one who managed to do that. It's not like any of the MSers is on Byoudouin's level who can likely just beat Tanegashima regardless of Mu.

And I mean, I agree that Akutsu by himself probably can't score off Tanegashima either. That's why I said the thing with Yukimura distracting him for a moment with Dream - it might be possible then I think.