Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

anpan

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
42
Reaction score
92
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

BTW, I heard the good news,
Max 7 is back with Gin Vol 6!
I hope we can give them a lot of support. ;)
Silver_Sea typeset the last chapter for us and we are QCing it now. Should be out within a week.
 

Kira666

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
284
Reaction score
22
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Gintama Discussion

Silver_Sea typeset the last chapter for us and we are QCing it now. Should be out within a week.
Yay! thanks! More Gintama :P

Gintama rules. Is the best serie from Shonen Jump, IMO. I like how some chapter are comedy an other are serious like the arc of volume 11 and 12.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

Spoilers for the week.

head to community.livejournal.com/gintama for pics :)


キャトルミューティレーションにあった万事屋が
元に戻してもらうために宇宙人探す話

新八は指をプラスドライバー、神楽は全身マイナスドライバー、銀時はチンコをボックスドライバーにされる

宇宙人の会話からオンラインゲームモンキーハンターにはまってることをつきとめた
三人はゲーム内で宇宙人探しをする
今週は三人がゲーム内に集まって銀時と神楽が追い剥ぎやって管理キャラに追いかけられ
なんか怪しげなキャラがその様子見てるとこで終わり

This week has Gintoki Shinpachi and Kagura stuck at home in the Yorozuya-ya so they manage to get their hands on a Online game called Monkey Hunter. The three of them go looking for an alien but end up finding a strange character....they give chase not knowing someone is watching from above....and thats it.
 

Silver_Sea

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
322
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Gintama Discussion

Gintama rules. Is the best serie from Shonen Jump, IMO. I like how some chapter are comedy an other are serious like the arc of volume 11 and 12.
Yeah, what I like about Gintama is that even if it has stupid gags, I always find there is more meaning and culture to it...some chps...like the early ones about the young Otose and the Fireworks guy...even made my tears drop! Or like chp 96. I thought it was touching.

Or chp 88...Sa-chan special -- combining Buddhist chants with bondage?!?! WOW!! That was supreme irony, XD.

Well, I am looking forward to Vol 6 from Max 7 indeed. It contains the Rangokuan Arc, which is the "Ultimate Fighting Arc" which is already shown on anime....and as my friend told me, it is full of HijiGin subtext...which girls will love...:kukuku
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

Yay :) This has been a while in the waiting but its worth it! Thanks Max seven for brining more gintama to people so i can actually have something to talk about with my friends!
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

We(Max7) are underway with volume 7


P.S. Bomber, I have a plan. Can you work for us(Max7) on Ginpachi? I'll scan Ginpachi as soon as my scanning issues lift. It'd be great if we could get you to work for us on this new series since we already work on Gintama and would be a great addition to our lineup. It's all a suggestion and optional; I won't force you to it. Just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there for fun.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

Hmm...well let me see it first. I'm not good with Kanji without furigana, and the idea of a Gintama novel with its wordiness...(especially since the manga is really wordy) scares me. But let me see it and I'll give you a better idea of what i am capable of.


Title-「プリズンブレイク シーズン2」って
アレ もうプリズンをブレイクしてるから
プリズンブレイクじゃなくね?

今週は桂が主役です
牢獄に連れてかれ、またもわけがわからない感じになります
続きものみたいです

でも続くのか?
これで終わりのようにも見える
なんかかもしれない運転みたいな話だった

桂は結局捕まって島流しみたいになって
そこに脱獄の計画してた男がいて向かいの牢屋に入れられた
桂が邪魔でなんとか寝かせようと羊を数えさせたら
また松子妄想始めて長いよ!と突っ込まれて終わり

今回松子は栗子を黒髪にしたような少女でした
さっちゃんみたいなライバルも出てくる

Chapter Title
Prison Break season 2 you say? Well how can it be considered a prison break when you're doing it again? (Something along those lines.)

Katsura is the lead this week again, and he's been caught and thrown into exile on an island. He has a cell mate isn't the talking type so he (Katsura) decides to break out on his own. However that night when he's trying to get rest by counting sheep he ends up in this trippy dream world where two girls who are rivals (Matsuko and the other is unnamed, though she looks like Sacchan.) Try to run track against each other.

Pictures at community.livejournal.com/gintama :)


The new ending has been announced thanks to my sources, It will start in January (So Episode 88)

1月からEDが ロデオキャブレター の「Speed of flow」に変更 (週刊少年ジャンプ2008年02号)2月14日リリース。

It will be done by Rodeo Carborator and be called SPEED OF FLOW. I don't know anything about the group though it is another male one. You can look forward to the full release on February 14th.

Have fun discussing!

Link-http://www.therodeocarburettor.com/main.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5nDogpgbME&feature=related Youtube link to one of their songs. Sounds VERY much like something DOES would do....Itou anyone? :)
 
Last edited:

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Re: Gintama Discussion

thanks for the info <3


looking at that youtube vid and that short live-part on YT......
I seriously want january to be now, just for that ED <3

that band could easily make it into my favorites if their songs are all as good as the linked one :)
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

I just got into this series, and it's great <3 A shame that there's such a lag with current releases though ;_;

One thing I can't find any information on is GinChannel. Does anybody have it? Any special goodies in it?
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

Early spoilers

万事屋と姉上で、お登勢さんの知り合いの温泉旅館にいく話。真冬の怪談テイスト
・妖怪の住まいみたいなボロボロの旅館
・看板の温泉に入ってるおじいさんの絵のインクがたれて、全身から血が吹き出てるおじいさんの絵になってる
・かるく半透明な真っ白い女が歩いてたりする
・女将の背中に半透明な従業員がいる
・銀さんは「女将はスタンド使い」で通そうとする
・新八のメガネもスタンド
・部屋には和式と洋式があり、銀さんと新八は和式を選ぶが、
ふすまに明らかに巨大な魔を封じたような鎖と札がはられている
・女将いわく「ふすまの札は、前に泊まった子供があけた穴を隠すため」だが、
部屋でその子供が叱られて首つりし地縛霊になっている
・神楽と姉上の部屋は洋式といいながら和室だが、障子を開けると西洋人が首つりし地縛霊ry
・神楽と姉上にも話そうとすると女将がおやつの柿ピーを持ってきて、
ボソッと「しゃべったら殺すぞ」と言い残す。
女将は霊を柿ピーで餌付けしている。
・銀さんと新八は山を下りようとするが落石で道がふさがり帰れなくなる。

The Yorozuya and Otae go to a hotsprings run by one of Otose's old friends, and its there that they are in the center of a Winter ghost story. A picture of an old man starts bleeding, a spirit appears behind an old lady and...something about Shinpachi's glasses being haunted? Theres a Japanese and Western style room, and when Gintoki and Shinpachi head into the Japanese room they end up seeing a picture of the devil on the sliding door.

Otae and Kagura end up in the western room where the old lady (Otose's friend?) Comes and gives them something, saying if they read it they'll die (?)

Shinpachi and Gintoki decide to high tail it out of the place, but a bolder falls on the only road leading down the mountain where the hotsprings are located.

For pics go to community.livejournal.com/gintama.


Gintama's 8th ED. Yes it is as badass as the other songs I found a month ago.

Elizabeth is your god now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6pLOMEPp0c
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Gintama Discussion

Well I buy the manga in french and I must say I am completely suprised by it in a positive way. Not all jokes are comprehensible for none-japanese people but most arcs are really amusing and all the characters are funny on their own way
 

HARUHI_han

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
51
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Vietnam
Re: Gintama Discussion

could anyone here tell me where I could get the translation of Gintama vol 18,19?.I have raw but understand little while I wanna share with my Gintama's crazy fellows
 

Bassment

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Singapore
Re: Gintama Discussion

I just started on Gintama and I must say I love it!!
It's funny yet introduces many serious themes like friendship, loyalty etc...
Gin-san is too cute! XD
I wonder why it's not more popular...
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

オプニングテーマ
Opening Theme
DOES: 曇天
DOES: Donten (Cloudy Weather.)
http://www.does-net.com/

エンデイングテーマ
Ending Theme
POSSIBILITY: sanagi
POSSIBILITY: chrysalis
http://www.possibility-web.com/


There its out there now ^^ Gintama's OP and ED for April on! :) Enjoy!
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Gintama Discussion

As I have become comitted to scanning high res raws of Gintama from now on and because Bomber has been doing weekly tl's of the series, with some Manga Editors showing interest in Editing, we have decided to open an RTS of the series. here is this weeks chapter in it's new RTS

Gintama 204

On a side note, I will be late scanning next week by a few days because I'll be on vacation with my family...

anyhow I hope you fans enjoy...if your support is strong enough we may even open a child board for Gintama!!!
 

Emy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
411
Reaction score
15
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Re: Gintama Discussion

Gintama is really great ^^
I like how they show the daily life and when there is some action :3
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

I just got into this series, and it's great <3 A shame that there's such a lag with current releases though ;_;

One thing I can't find any information on is GinChannel. Does anybody have it? Any special goodies in it?
Big lot of help y'all are!

I did a blind-buy of this, and it's pretty much a book of profiles for all characters through volume 12, including all of the minor characters. I'm guessing this came out right when the anime was about to start cause there's a lot of mentions about it in the articles and the omake chapter (which has no furigana ;_; ).

The dust jacket is really nice. It's a plastic overlay that covers up/supplements the actual cover.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

(Spoiler alert!) Gintama 206

第二百六訓 会ってもわからないこともある

姉ちゃんが飛び降りて、銀時が助けて、
そんな姉ちゃんを新八が励まして・・・的な話。
いろいろと濃ゆい話なんでうまく説明できません。

Lesson 206: There are things that can't be done without meeting

The older sister (Kirara, her name was revealed this chapter.) Feels horrible for the trouble she's caused and decides to commit suicide by jumping off a building. Gintoki saves her, and Shinpachi talks to her for a while calming her down.

The spoiler poster says that there are lots of things that happened that he (Or she) can't really explain. I kind of infered things with the screen shots that I found on 2ch. I think that Okita may have trained the little sister to attack Hijikata though XD Which explains why he and Kondo screamed last chapter. The art seems to be back to normal too, so thats good news.

Coming down with the flu, so I dunno if the translation will be on time this week..sorry...

pics @ gintama LJ.
community.livejournal.com/gintama
 

SoulReaporKoul

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
82
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Is there no Love for Gintama? Or do I just don't know where to look?

Well, recently I have discovered both an amazing Manga and Anime in Gintama. It has everything, comedy, romance, action, aliens, not to mention great characters and an unpredictable plot (no seriously, you can't make any predictions because the Manga has no aim, it's almost like a sitcom, only funny and not lame). This is why I was surprised to find that such a great Manga and Anime doesn't seem to have a devoted fan base or groups actively Editing and translating. The manga chapters have gaps in them (missing entire arcs) and the chapters that are there are WAY behind the Shonen Jump releases. The Anime also has huge chunks missing. So I was wondering, is there really not that much love for Gintama? or am I just not looking in the right place?

[kirimi]Moved to the right place. You can surely find the Gintama love in this thread! :tem Enjoy![/kirimi]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top