Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has a lotta slight grammar problems. Anaoj, you really should at least to minor editing before releasing Edited Mangas, as long as you don't change the meanings of anything.

I'll uh, update that count... I'll repost it if we get to a new page...
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hi
I'm currently watching Gintama anime (up to episode 130) and I'm having a lot of fun. Honestly this guy has no limit and it's so refreshing. but I would like to know how it is wrt to the manga. If it is a copy paste like one piece maybe it's not worth reading from the start. And have they kept the same scenario (well talking of a scenerio is maybe not the good word :-), I mean the same story line or is it a complete mess like I imagine it could be ?
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Well wellcome to the gintama fan comunity LOL.

And about your answer Gintama anime is completely based on manga just like One Piece Naruto and others. If you want you can read the manga from the start but there are lots of chapters missing online Viz has lincensed from vol. 1 to 14 so if you want you could buy it in english. Hope this post helped you.
 

Oni_James

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
190
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Catalonia
i think i nearly never posted here even if i keep watching this brilliant comedy series that makes me laught to the extreme every week and i support Gintama buying it when each tankobon are out here in Spain
well, as Gintama fans, i suppose we all know which day is today, don't we?
Happy birthday Gintoki Sakata!!! xD
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I saw the OVA today and the Joi faction guys were amazing.

Happy birthday Gitoki!!!!

I wonder why they didn't made anything special for gin-san even zura got one month of special. with lot's of episodes related to him.
 

Anaoj

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
264
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
K, so here's where we are now, counting M7 finishing V9. Thanks for that.

Pilot Oneshot
001-076 (077-080)
081 (082-085)
086-121 (122)
123-127 (128-146)
147-148 (149-157)
158-167 (168-171)
172-182 (183-186)
187-280
 

soulr

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
India
ok.. i want someone to make this into a fan comic.. im reaally bad at drawing..
I love both one peice and Gintama.. but still just one of those days when you wanna find out which is better..
so.. the day Gintoki meets Luffy..
Luffy: Im the captain of my crew, my name is luffy..
Gintoki: .. Gintoki des..... Gintoki yorozua;s boss.. mendukse na...
Luffy: I;m gonna be pirate king one day!, I'll find one peice too..wanna oin my crew
Gintoki: Mendukse!!! ..No .. Mendukse!! ano... I'm fine here, ill just wait for you..
Luffy: It'll be fun, i have a large crew, sanji, zoro....... And lots of foood!!
Gintoki: .. mendukse... so many brats. .. maybe ill send shinpachi and kagura.. say you got sukonbu?
Luffy: .... stares at gintoki
Gintoki: picking his nose..
Luffy: say .. you look strong.. lets fight!
Gintoki : Mendukse!!
Luffy:.. lets DO IT!!
Gintoki: .. MENDUKSE! (..picks nose again)
Luffy:.. COME ON !! I WANNA FIGHT YOU!!!
Gintoki: DON't YELL YA HIGH SCHOOL BUNKING RUBBER BOY, YOURE A PAIN!!!
Luffy: (Gets mad) .. Gomu gomu no.....
Kagura: ... hi Gin-chan, who's the strech.
Sadaharu: .... (eating away at luffy's head)..
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
There should be a movie announcement in the last week's Jump, but I haven't seen the page with it yet... I want to read it badly. Has anybody seen it in raw?
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Hi guys I'm going to a cosplay contest but I never did a costume. so does anyone know any guide in the internet that teaches you how to make a gintama cosplay? Especialy Gin-san-
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
That's surprising a group cover?
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
larger cover of #31
 
Last edited:

nassass

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
18
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
That's surprising a group cover?
No, it isn't, they officially became one character as The Diamond Perfume squad.
So this volume has the Character Poll arc. :D
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
No, it isn't, they officially became one character as The Diamond Perfume squad.
So this volume has the Character Poll arc. :D
LOL you're right they are one but shouldn't Tae be in the midle cause she's the leader.
 

sanchez2007x1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Whaa? Is that a reference to the book "1984" I see? (Gintama Chapter 283, pg 14)

"Big Brother...~"
 

Sadaharu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I'm quite surprised there isn't a sub-forum dedicated specially to Gintama... I've read through all the chapters recently, and it's quite a nice manga. The humour is very unique, and though it can be indecent at times, the stories are all very nice and touching.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
We only create subforums when a single thread isn't enough anymore to cover all the discussions since otherwise the forum would sink in half-dead series forums. Simply said: without activity, no subforum.

Sadly, despite being a popular manga, the discussion thread for Gintama is very sporadic and frequently silent for several weeks. But that's fine too. I prefer single threads per series, they're more cosy and not such a mess to overlook. Subforums are overrated, imho.
 

Sadaharu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Hmm, but at least in sub-forums you can discuss what happens in each chapter, and can discuss about the anime too.

It's quite ironic actually, 'cos Gintama is a manga where there's a lot of talking but here we don't really talk about it
 
Top