Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

Lindal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Gintama Discussion

Sorry guys, I have one little question : why Katsura calls Kagura "leader" ? (I've missed lots of chapters ^^")
 

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Gintama Discussion

By Himajin:

Tiny spoiler + color:

金玉の内容はよく知りませんが
おっさんと血みどろの戦いで子供が泣き叫んで、最後銀さんが壁にめり込んでおっさんに蹴り食らったトコで終わりです

 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

By Himajin:

Tiny spoiler + color:

金玉の内容はよく知りませんが
おっさんと血みどろの戦いで子供が泣き叫んで、最後銀さんが壁にめり込んでおっさんに蹴り食らったトコで終わりです

Himajin just says that he doesn't really know what's going on but the old man (housen) fights Gintoki in a bloody fight. The child (Seita) cries for Gintoki to step down, and in the end Housen kicks Gintoki through a wall ending the chapter.

(Guess Himajin isn't a Gintama reader? I love that even though he doesn't read it, he still calls Gintoki Gin-san. :-P)
 

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Gintama Discussion

(Guess Himajin isn't a Gintama reader? I love that even though he doesn't read it, he still calls Gintoki Gin-san. :-P)
I think he reads it like many others series but he's to busy to give spoiler ^^

By the way some pics are out:










Chapter #223:

Spoiler pic:

Summary:
晴太が兄貴に促されて日輪を連れて逃げようとするけど
日輪は足潰されて逃げられないようにされていた
それでもおぶって逃げようとする晴太
鳳仙が殺そうとするけど復活した月詠と遊女たちが助けに入る
んで月詠が銀さんにこの体たらくはなんだ云々言ってクナイなげて銀さんそれをキャッチして続く
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

I think he reads it like many others series but he's to busy to give spoiler ^^

By the way some pics are out:








<hr noshade size="1">
Chapter #223:

Spoiler pic:

Summary:
晴太が兄貴に促されて日輪を連れて逃げようとするけど
日輪は足潰されて逃げられないようにされていた
それでもおぶって逃げようとする晴太
鳳仙が殺そうとするけど復活した月詠と遊女たちが助けに入る
んで月詠が銀さんにこの体たらくはなんだ云々言ってクナイなげて銀さんそれをキャッチして続く
Finally O_O. Anyway my translation.

Seita is urged by Kamui to get out of there with Hinowa, but Hinowa's legs have been injured. (By Housen?) So Seita has to lift her up and escape with her. Housen's fury bellows and he begins to chase after them, but he is stopped by none other than Tsukuyo and the other 49 escorts. Tsukuyo looks annoyed at Gintoki's body and tosses a kunai at it. To Housen's surprise Gintoki catches the kunai, and although he's badly hurt...he's alive. That's it for this week.

Found more pics and posted them on

community.livejournal.com/gintama.
 

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Gintama Discussion

Chapter #224 - Spoiler pics:







Thanx to Bomber for noticing ^^
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama Discussion

Thanks for putting them up. I'm gonna cross post this to the Gintama LJ community.
 

The GodMonster

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Gintama Discussion

Can you give me a link where i can download all the raws, since i can't find where i can read it on English( I mean all chapters since in one manga is only a small part of it) Of course if I not asking to much.
 

hyorinmaru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
1,126
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Gintama Discussion

color pic of this week
 

Fenrir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Gintama Discussion

Can you give me a link where i can download all the raws, since i can't find where i can read it on English( I mean all chapters since in one manga is only a small part of it) Of course if I not asking to much.
Hmm...i think there was a link somewhere back in this place talking about the raws....but uh..if you want more english chapters, places like http://manga.bleachexile.com/gintama-chapter-68.html ...have more of the translated ones than onemanga.


Annndd... since I've said something, I might as well start some convo going.....who thought this arc was awesome XD? ..maybe I'm some sorta simplistic-easy-to-please idiot, but LOL, I was totally hyped up just seeing Gintoki go dual katana. Or er....bokuto-katana combo :)
 
Last edited:

hyorinmaru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
1,126
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki [Gin-Chan Birthday Sticky]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIN~~~~~~~!!!!

 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Re: Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki [Gin-Chan Birthday Sticky]


Happy Birthday, Ginko!​
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki [Gin-Chan Birthday Sticky]

I'm late to the party, but I'm sure Gintoki would have been too XD Happy Birthday Gintoki!
 

pirate-hitman:L

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
191
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki [Gin-Chan Birthday Sticky]

Happy Birthday, Gintoki!
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

Dang it makes me sad that this series isn't getting more attention....Though it may just be that the anime is a bit more popular than the manga.....still, to not even get spoiler posts any more is really harsh :( Gintama needs more love.
 

Aphalite

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
163
Reaction score
21
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

I think its because its a gag manga, and so the lack of fluid story arcs might turn off some readers, I for one just read whatever chapter I left off at whenever I need a laugh
 

cleodux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I love Gintama, manga as well as anime. It has been a long time since i read the chapters (at random too!) i wonder where i can find the complete collections of the chapters. Since i like it to be read in order, that is why i always shy away from the current chapters.

Though i am really curious about Kamui arc :D

I dont really see Gintama as a gag manga. (although i am not sure what its mean by that) maybe it is unpopular because lack of licensed, it is definitely a tough job to translate and dub (and still need to keep the humour and jokes intact)

So Bomber D Rufi, i thank you for translating the chapters for us.

And Sorachi-sensei never named all the characters move/skills (typical shounen manga) so i am guessing, no one remember them >.< since no thing to look in to (the arcs are short too)

But i am glad recently my husband realized how interesting Gintama is after re-watching the episode from scratch. (he usually watch together with me at random)

Gintama need more love and marketing campaign definitely.
 

chusetto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
224
Reaction score
672
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Gintama Rules! I have to thank Glénat Spain for bringin' here this great story... and the next tankoubon, the 9th... :D

I love Sa-chan and her myopia too... XD
 
Top