Discussion - Global warming???? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Global warming????

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, you can post anything related to:
-how real is global warming?
-what will happen 30 years from now?
-what should we start to do now to fixed the problem?
-impact of global warming?
-should it be the #1 consideration above everything out (even above the war on terrorist, or economy issues)?

Well, Global Warming is real and not a theory. All the recent flood and hurricane were thought to be an impact of Global Warming. I watched "the inconvience truth" last night. They said 50 yrs from now, and we have not yet change, then the people at the coast will be doomed.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
that is true but you gotta remember the reason for nobody doing anything about it is cuz Humans are selfish

ijoit3k

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
yes, true.. its all happen cause of selfiness of human.. and now the nature of the world turn to take them down

that y human need more recycle..stop abusing nature!!

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
that is very true
I guess human ignorance does consume all..

user23801

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
hmm not so in my place its going colder and colder <_<

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
There is also another theory concerning the heating of the earth. Can't really remember the name, but it is about some astronomical radiance coming from the stars and the black dots on the sun that made the earth hotter and hotter. That's why you can't be sure whether the carbon dioxide theory is 100% authentic or not.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
ibra87 said:
There is also another theory concerning the heating of the earth. Can't really remember the name, but it is about some astronomical radiance coming from the stars and the black dots on the sun that made the earth hotter and hotter. That's why you can't be sure whether the carbon dioxide theory is 100% authentic or not.
hmmmm... never hear of it but it could be a possibility

there is other theory too... some said that the earth itself naturally getting warmer by the rotation and stuff... but that beyond human control

the thing is that if those beyond human control possibility is true then we cannot do anything about it.... But if the one that we can control like C02 and such can be control and if it true and we do nothing about it now, then it would be too late...

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
You know what I hate: every talks about global warming,... I certainly do not ignore those things, but we can't ignore: to oppose global warning we have to do this global... It's everyone or nothing ->so or you all sign kyoto or we negoiate on a new protocol (and i am prepared to do it in my student home :D )

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
you should know that I think it's not gonna snow
where I live :scry
I like the snow :scry

ijoit3k

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
ibra87 said:
maybe it CMA that sun send out when its heat turn out the max level of heat that can create a perfect disaster like solar storm..i watch discovery channel and it turn out to be in year 2011..that elektromagnet that it send will create a beautuful aurora scene in the sky at night, but it it very dangeroues cause it damage all electricity..most of the big town or globally..it will take maybe a week, month, a year to repair the damage and welcome to the ice age with no electricity..u can get the idea what will happen in only 1 or to day without electricty...absolute chaos and havoc situation. if it happen for 1 month?? OMG who knows....

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
ijoit3k said:
maybe it CMA that sun send out when its heat turn out the max level of heat that can create a perfect disaster like solar storm..i watch discovery channel and it turn out to be in year 2011..that elektromagnet that it send will create a beautuful aurora scene in the sky at night, but it it very dangeroues cause it damage all electricity..most of the big town or globally..it will take maybe a week, month, a year to repair the damage and welcome to the ice age with no electricity..u can get the idea what will happen in only 1 or to day without electricty...absolute chaos and havoc situation. if it happen for 1 month?? OMG who knows....
that's why it's best sometimes to find bliss in ignorance :noworry

War

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
We humans are worse than parasites. Our "host", Earth, which other creatures have lived on peacefully for so long, is being consumed by us humans. The destruction of Earth is inevitable if we don't change. And when that happens, it's either the "parasites" die with the "host" or the "parasites" take another "host", whereby the "parasites" will continue their feast.

So far, we haven't found ANY planet more beautiful or more magnificent than Earth itself. Take a look at the sky. Isn't it so beautiful in the day? Even when the white clouds aren't there, don't you think it's beautiful? What do you think students will read 1000 years later? When all they see when they look up are just gases or a red sky, but not the beautiful sky that they have always read about? Or perhaps, there won't even be books as they'll just be fighting to stay alive. Even worse, will the word "humans" be in the dictionary of other sentient beings, whereby the definition is "a group of two-legged species that used to live on the planet called Earth. The species later wiped itself out."

We're on a path of destruction and even though we might say we wanna turn back, we can't unless ALL of us take action together. We can do it if we put in the effort.

Everyone needs to change, not just the people around you, but you yourself too.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
xantos said:
Everyone needs to change, not just the people around you, but you yourself too.
uumm answer me this...
are you changing as well....

War

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Mugen said:
uumm answer me this...
are you changing as well....
You could say so. I used to waste electricity, water and other necessities. I don't now and I pick up litter I see on the ground too. What you do doesn't have to be big. If everyone conserves energy and doesn't litter, the world would be a better place.

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mugen said:
you should know that I think it's not gonna snow
where I live :scry
I like the snow :scry
I know I can't believe it's not gonna snow. I haven't seen snow for awhile.

I want it to snow

I bought the movie " An Inconvenient Truth"

It talks about how the world is definetely getting warmer and that is we don't do anything to stop our release of pollution we might as well kiss our home good-bye because our children and our grandchildren won't be able to save it if we don't do anything about it now.

Climate shift.

Has anyone ever heard of the scientist Steven Hawking well he says that the most current danger to our planet right now is Global warming,

War

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Has anyone ever heard of the scientist Steven Hawking well he says that the most current danger to our planet right now is Global warming,
Yeah I have. That's probably because Global Warming has alot of destructive power and is the hardest to prevent. At my country, it doesn't even snow. =(

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
xantos said:
Yeah I have. That's probably because Global Warming has alot of destructive power and is the hardest to prevent. At my country, it doesn't even snow. =(
did it used to snow?

War

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
did it used to snow?
Nope. It never did. My country's very near to the equator.

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
xantos said:
Nope. It never did. My country's very near to the equator.
lol well if it never snowed before I doubt that it will ever snow and since it's near the equater that solidifies my statement now it would be scary if it did snow or if it was getting colder there then our global warming problem will be dangerous because it wouldn't be global warming

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
deathshadow25 said:
I bought the movie " An Inconvenient Truth"
you bought it... ha ha ha..
i rent it, i watch it for school..
it funny how in IL right now the snow stop coming already (meaning late december) if i remember correctly it should stop snowing in around february or march....
30 years from now California maybe gone and Illinois will be the new california .....

anyway i wish US elected the next president that gonna take this topic into real seriously huge action or something...