Shounen - Go Da Gun by Katakura Masanori | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Go Da Gun by Katakura Masanori

Daisumaru

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been dying to see scanslations or raws of Goda Gun for awhile now, it was originally run in Ultra Jump(unsure if it's still running or not). If anyone is able and willing to get raws of this series uploaded it would be greatly appreciated(I say this because I've searched every part of the net I could to try and find this series and it barely gets mentioned, let alone someone actually uploading it). I'm even willing to try to get a scan team together for this one, it really should be seen by more eyes. Thanks

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Goda Gun

Um when you mean scan team do you mean a bunch of editors or do you know a translator. My friend xi0 gave me some raws and I could upload them I guess but I'm on my laptop right now and my pc has been giving me a shitty time lately. He probably still has it but if not I can upload it this weekend. It would just be awesome if you had some translators when you said "get a scan team".

EbbFlowe

Reaction score
Country
United States

Oi oi, I totally agree!

I've only seen a few shots of GG in the American Shonen Jump, but I thought it looked interesting.

Daisumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm going to do my best to translate them myself, but if I can find an experienced translator who's interested in the project I won't turn them down.

Ser3n

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

What's this manga about?

Daisumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States

Take from the American Shonen Jump July 2003:

Goda Gun Authored by Masanori M Katakura, and serialized in Ultra Jump, this one is all about a 16-year old guy named Gun(family name: Goda) who, along with his various fighting -video-game-styled pals, opposes the very naughty Hanged Cross gang on an alarmingly regular basis. As the story begins, Gun is a juvenile delinquent who has been booted out of one too many schools for chronic bad behavior. Gun's father, a hotdog supercop with the moniker of "Dan Goda," is fed up with this situation to the point where he decides to Gun to his old educational institution: a fighting school called Roju Private School. There, Gun learns to harness his raw abilities into "Gunfighting," the family martial arts style resemble firearms. Think .44 Magnum punches, Shotgun Fists, Sniper Stances, and you've got the essence of Gun-Fu down. At his new school Gun also falls madly in love hot chick Yuki and runs afoul of 17-year old transfer student and sure-to-be-rival Raida, prodigal master of the Hanged Cross technique. Fights over Yuki's affections take place in the school stadium, but it turns that she has little need for defenders of her honor. Yuki is, like an overwhelming majority of students at Roju, a fantastic fighter. And from here on out, everbody is not only "kung-fu fighting," but also busy filling pages with over-the-top battle scenes.

Sidenote: Katakura's art style looks a bit like that of Ishiwatari Daisuke's(for those who don't know he's the artist behind Guilty Gear).

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Y'know I did send you a pm with the raws =P

Gonna reply?

Ser3n

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Take from the American Shonen Jump July 2003:

Goda Gun Authored by Masanori M Katakura, and serialized in Ultra Jump, this one is all about a 16-year old guy named Gun(family name: Goda) who, along with his various fighting -video-game-styled pals, opposes the very naughty Hanged Cross gang on an alarmingly regular basis. As the story begins, Gun is a juvenile delinquent who has been booted out of one too many schools for chronic bad behavior. Gun's father, a hotdog supercop with the moniker of "Dan Goda," is fed up with this situation to the point where he decides to Gun to his old educational institution: a fighting school called Roju Private School. There, Gun learns to harness his raw abilities into "Gunfighting," the family martial arts style resemble firearms. Think .44 Magnum punches, Shotgun Fists, Sniper Stances, and you've got the essence of Gun-Fu down. At his new school Gun also falls madly in love hot chick Yuki and runs afoul of 17-year old transfer student and sure-to-be-rival Raida, prodigal master of the Hanged Cross technique. Fights over Yuki's affections take place in the school stadium, but it turns that she has little need for defenders of her honor. Yuki is, like an overwhelming majority of students at Roju, a fantastic fighter. And from here on out, everbody is not only "kung-fu fighting," but also busy filling pages with over-the-top battle scenes.

Sidenote: Katakura's art style looks a bit like that of Ishiwatari Daisuke's(for those who don't know he's the artist behind Guilty Gear).
Thanks for the sinopsis^^
And, argh, i really wanna read it now! xD

m1k31b

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know where i can view the raws this is a great manga and i truly cant wait for it to be translated. please let me know have been looking like crazy.