1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Retro Banner Contest has begun. Bring back your old memories!

Voting has begun for the Magic Short Story Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Valhalla777 for winning the Landmark Photography Art Contest !
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Seinen Golden Kamuy

Discussion in 'Manga # - H' started by Demonspeed, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Global Moderator

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Golden Kamuy

[​IMG]

Author: Satoru Noda
    Genre: Historical, Action, Adventure
    Serialized in: Young Jump

Synopsis

In Hokkaido, the far northern lands of Japan, Sugimoto survived the Russo-Japanese war of the Meiji era. Nicknamed "Invincible Sugimoto" during the war, he now seeks the riches promised by the gold rush in hopes of saving the widowed wife of his now deceased comrade from the war. During his hunt of gold, he finds hints of a hidden stash of gold by corrupt criminals. Partnering with an Ainu girl that saves his life from the harsh climates of the north, they venture into a survival adventure to race against the criminals that seek the hidden stash.

2. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Started this yesterday after some recommendations and caught up. The main characters are interesting and it's very informative, with solid action and an interesting plot. I find the art a bit simple at times but overall it's a great manga.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 9, 2016 ---
    Chapter 24 is out.

Sugimoto is a veteran soldier and yet he was afraid by a deer, Asirpa shows that she is the most mature of the duo again.

Retar's probably safe now that they are all together.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 29, 2016 ---
    Retar had a mate, I was expecting this since the beginning, didn't expect even Asirpa to be unaware of this though. Tetsuzou got the death he wanted. Like this they have two corpses.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 1, 2016 ---
    75 tons of gold... I wonder what will Sugimoto do now, with more investigations it's possible to find gold without hunting the prisoners, but Noppera-bou must have taken even more precautions to hide this.

Asirpa trying to tease Sugimoto to get some miso was the best part of this chapter :XD .
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 4, 2018 ---
    I caught up! With all these short arcs, while I was reading I thought they would have found more tattoos than this. Of all things I was not expecting a Tsukishima chapter, with he and Ogata that makes two members of the 7th Division who killed their fathers.

I hope the anime will make the series more popular here. It's an excellent manga.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 14, 2018 ---
    Tsurumi the master manipulator... I like these war flashbacks where we see Sugimoto along with the others. I hope it doesn't mean that Tsukishima will die soon.

Brandish and Dragoon like this.
  3. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    I caught up with the latest chapter few days back and it's a great ride.

Eager to see how Sugimoto will meet Asirpa again.

Demonspeed likes this.
  4. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Tanigaki making the dancers proud :D.

Sugimoto dying because of Koito's pettiness would make him more famous I guess :lmao. Koito must have really been greatly influenced by his idol to act like that.

Arjuna likes this.
  5. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    Koito and Tanigaki are the real MVP :XD

At first i thought this is a monthly manga.Lel kek.

6. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    So the leader of the circus was also a spy.

Another prison as goal... Hijikata's group is probably headed there as well.