Googlez& The Fear Of Checking Your Thread!

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Googlez&!

It wasn't aimed at you after all.:heh

And I bet you read it either way.

@wizzard
This thread has actual content.:e3 At least that's what I like to believe.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Googlez&!

So googlez which of the new anime are you watching?
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Googlez&!

None actually. Though I watched the first four episodes of SAO. I wanted to check out JoJo, but I just can't find the time right now. Which arcs are actually covered in the anime?
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Googlez&!

WRRYYYYY?:zomg
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Googlez&!

Actually it's urrrrry he don't start saying wrrrry til part 3.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Googlez&!

NO!







YOU ARE WRONG!

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Anyway I am on part two right now volume 9.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Googlez&!

I downloaded it googlez, whatever....I get you next time bish.


what you mean with narutaru though?
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Googlez&!

Should do that as well.

Spoilers ahead for anyone who still wants to read it.
Well, their chapter order was messed up, so I happened to read the chapter where the main character's parents find her dead body parts in a bag....WTF WHY IS SHE DEAD ALL OF A SUDDEN??

And that pm you sent me once. Man, it was even more brutal in the mango.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Googlez&!

Should do that as well.

Spoilers ahead for anyone who still wants to read it.
Well, their chapter order was messed up, so I happened to read the chapter where the main character's parents find her dead body parts in a bag....WTF WHY IS SHE DEAD ALL OF A SUDDEN??

And that pm you sent me once. Man, it was even more brutal in the mango.
Anime version is usually less messed up, censorship man!!
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Googlez&!

Oh I see, never found that particularly interesting. Then again, we barely even covered that topic...Right, this dark mood with a touch of magic. Alchemistic experiments and nihilism. The night and stars. Gritty and dull. Somehow that always fascinated me. When I was younger I also enjoyed Cornelia Funke's ...erm, what's it called again? The one with the dragons. Oh, Drachenreiter. Right! Great book. At least if I remember correctly.

Wow, I wish it would've lasted a year. Almost a month after it I didn't care anymore. Still, the time afterwards was just brilliant. You know, that time after school ended and before everybody left for a year or started studying. Tooons of goodbye parties and general partying. Bet it was the same for you.

Hehe don't worry. But WOW, you're like the only person I've met who said what I was always thinking! Manga is, if done correctly, a perfect combination of words and images. HunterxHunter is a good example of that. Really, people underestimate manga, which is a huge shame. It's especially annoying when I want to tell people that I draw manga, but the reactions are always the same and I'm tired of it. Sure, I can't blame them. Anime in Germany don't help that image. Plus the lack of great manga published here...I still can't get over the fact that not a single Adachi manga found its way to this country...
Oh really?? How awesome! My cousin and I plan on visiting Tokyo next summer, so maybe we'll see each other there. :>
Well, the Realism is not what you would usually call exciting or anything like that. I am, though, quite amazed by the richness of words and language. You know, authors like Flaubert and Tolstoj are just so eloquent. Their language is full of color. And it’s figuratively blowing my mind just how vast their knowledge is, like, what they know about fabrics or certain trades, alchemy, etc.…
Speaking of alchemy, maybe you might find Ben Jonson’s play “The Alchemist” to your liking. (That is, if you haven’t read it already.) I’m usually not that much into drama but this one was really cool, IMO!

Lol, yeah, it was the same for me. (Both, the longevity of said feeling of accomplishment and the parties and whatnot.) That was a great time, really.

And I’m happy to hear we share that opinion. It’s kinda my wish to try and establish a certain niche for manga in the academic context, like it already exists in Japan and to smaller extent in the USA. That would be really great.
Manga still do have this – how we would probably call it here – “Dünkel” about them, like this sort of label 'it’s stuff for kids and/or girls in puberty'. Although admittedly this has become a little better in recent times with the “discovery” of the Light Novel as a medium to directly market comics for adults. For example, there are two or three Manga featured in Süddeutsche Zeitung’s Light Novel series: Taniguchi’s Aruku hito (“Der spazierende Mann”, was it?) and Nakazawa’s Hadashi no Gen (“Barfuß durch Hiroshima”) and I think there might have been one by Tezuka, I’m not sure about that last one though. (Might be confusing it with Carlsen Comics’ publishing of BUDDHA as a Light Novel Hardcover Edition.)
But I can understand the publishers. Budget still runs very tight on them, they can hardly afford taking risks, so they have to go with mainstream stuff, which is easily marketable or series akin to earlier hit series. – I think it was Carlsen (or Tokyo Pop Germany) who said they try to squeeze in one more experimental title (i.e. Seinen manga in general) once every quarter of their fiscal year.
Lately, there have been quite a few good serializations in my opinion! TokyoPop went for friggin Punpun and solanin (still think about asking them if they already have a translator for the former…), EMA got themselves LIAR GAME and Carlsen publishes – besides great stuff like Nausicaä’s new edition – Vinland Saga and I Am A Hero. So I think there had been nastier times. :D

German anime industry is a whole different story though. But since I generally don’t really give a shit about anime (I have to cut back somewhere, I already read literally hundreds of manga) I won’t poke my nose into that matter.

Oh, and sure can do! If by then, we’re still both active around MH and build up a peachy bromance we could hang out one time. – Might be nice for you guys to have someone around who knows the language and – hopefully by then – knows some cool spots! : )

Another tl;dr post in your thread. Sorry!
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Googlez&!

A healthy amount.
 

Tatasugoi

MH's Best Newcomer
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
1,441
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Googlez&!

For you, Googlez:
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,131
Reaction score
20,256
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Re: Googlez&!

Hi,I'm Googlez_kun (or Googlez for short),I live in Berlin(Germany) and i'm attending my second last year at school.

I'd like to become a manga artist,as two of my favourite hobbies are combined in it: drawing and reading manga.
You only want to become an artist or both manga author and artist?

If you want to become a manga author you better start learning japanese grammar, language, and texts

If you only want to become an artist you should find a good japanese manga author partner
 
Last edited:

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: Googlez&!

faust go to his gallery he has awesome manga drawings there!
 
Top