Seinen - Bokurano by Kitoh Mohiro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Bokurano by Kitoh Mohiro

azzy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Bokurano
By: Kitoh Mohiro
Genre: Mecha, Tragedy
Serialized In: IKKI
Publisher: Shogakukan
Mangaupdates

During summer vacation a group of fifteen children discover a mysterious man living in a cave by the. Surrounded by high tech gadgets, the man claims to be a game developer, creating a video game with a giant robot defending Earth from fifteen alien invaders. He asked the children to test the game for him and they happily agreed. The fun soon turned to horror, the first child to play died shortly after winning. Worse still they had no idea how to end the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Re: bokurano discussion thread

Ah, good to see thread about my favourite manga :P

Only flaw about this manga is age of main heroes - They are 13, yet they meets so much mature problems - I have the feeling that they were supposed to be at least 18.. :)

And yeah, anime is pretty much bad.. I mean, that whole "let's change the plot" thing.. that is worst fate that can meet anime. Why are they gave it to director who hates original work? :(

azzy

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

13? i though they had 15 years? but yeah thats one of the things i didnt like about the manga
sometimes they seem too mature for their age and seem to have too complex philosophies to be beleivable, it seems almost at times as if the author is making a philosophical essay...

and dunno i like the anime its different from the manga; to me is better that theres some differences between the 2 so that we see something new, altho i agree they shouldn't put as director someone who has no respect for the source material.

anyway why does the director hate the work? does anyone know?

Houjou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mongolia

Could anybody tell me what kind of changes is the Bokurano's anime director planning to do?

Do you think the anime will be still enough good with the changes?

Thanks!

azzy

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

the aninme is pretty good, the changes remind me of those of evangelion between the manga and the anime, some dialoge and situation might be different but the plot and characters have remain the same.

besides that the anime is a little less dark and brutal for example in the manga, chizuru is savagely gang raped by the teacher and his buddies while in the anime he just takes advantage of her, also kako dies in an accident instead of being murdered in cold blood.

i'm also told that the director will give it a happy ending so if you think that the manga is too depressing you might like the anime

Revilenigma

Reaction score
Country
Canada
i love it a lot but i find it borrows a lot from Gantz

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
No it does not! you should see red garden it is very similar to gantz.

anyway bokurano is a great manga,but it`s just so damn sad(I think the author hates kids) the way the kids find out they will die and how they live there lives knowing that is a little heavy on my heart.

Revilenigma

Reaction score
Country
Canada
both do have a trash-talking mechanical thingy who teleports people.

Luco

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Even if they share similar elements, their fundamentals as stories are completely different. It's impossible to liken Bokurano to Gantz.