What i feel is that Hiro is keeping Gray for the fight against END.If END is on the level of Zeref then you need an opponent who will be fresh.
Don't worry dude i'm pretty sure gray is going to prove himself beating a spriggans or even going against zeref for the book..i would love to see that..I really hate how the fights so far are being unfairly distributed. It seems like the powerhouses in the Tartaros, GMG, Tenrou, etc. have continued to get their spotlights over and over.
Gray needs to fight a Spriggan solo ASAP. I don't want the BS thing where Natsu and Gajeel bite more than they can swallow and then Gray comes in to save them.
Although I would like to see an enemy where Natsu and Gajeel lose to... if Gray somehow finishes off that enemy, then I just know people will come up with the excuse:
"Oh, well, you see, Natsu and Gajeel technically did a lot of damage to that enemy, so Gray only cleaned it up with the help of Natsu and Gajeel"
I'm tired of excuses such as those and "effective only against demons", that I'd rather Gray not bail anybody out.
And I don't want a Gray & Partner vs. Spriggan. Cuz then people will use the excuse that Gray had the help of a sidekick. It's about time Gray get a serious one on one so we can finally gauge and settle the score about Gray's power.
So far, the list of enemies that Gray can fight have significantly dwindled:
August (taken)... Probably by Natsu...again...
Bloodman (taken) by Gajeel
Eileen (taken)..... Lol, this woman will probably challenge Acnologia or be taken out by the time Gray gets there
so that ultimately leaves:
Rahkeid - I would imagine that Mira might fight him because they are the only 2 powerhouses left in the North unless Mira fights Eileen
Invel- Ugghhh, another ice user. If Gray fights him, I know that there will be some excuse about "Gray being immune or having some kind of advantage"
Zeref and Acnologia- Probably gonna be fighting END....AGAIN #&$*#$%......
Brandish- Seems like the only decent one left...but then either Lucy is gonna help him out or Brandish will be defeated by talk no jutsu
So.... yeah, I'm done..... Gray will never get a chance to prove himself let alone one spotlight....
Thing is there is literally no one left for Gray to fight except Invel now. Everyone else is matched up. Mashima said in a volume after word during the Tartaros arc that some characters are destined to fight: the example was Gray and Silver. This time, Gray and Invel should be obvious.I'd like to think that Gray will fight Invel but Hiro has been anything but predictable with his match-ups this arc, literally every match-up fans claimed were bound to happen did not end up happening.
Dimaria Vs Erza
Natsu Vs Ajeel
Gajeel Vs Wahl
Jellal Vs August
Strauss Siblings Vs Bradman
Given the theme here, the chances that Gray will fight Invel aren't as high as they should be. I could equally see someone like Jellal fighting Invel because Invel wouldn't allow Jellal to attack Zeref (which is his primary goal). With that said Gray will obviously take part in another battle to demonstrate his trump card (Demon Mode I am assuming), whether its a primary or secondary role. It might be against Invel. It might be against a Natsu turned badshitcrazy as END (though its possible that Natsu himself is END and there is no actual demon alter ego) or it might even be a part against Zeref, the closest thing to END who he won't kill once he finds out its. Natsu.
Oh man jellal/gray vs zeref would be so hype and so cool1) Right below Erza
2) Invel, then E.N.D.
3) No idea, but Jellal also has something for Zeref. Would be cool to see Gray and Jellal tag team Zeref.
4) This is what he'll say to E.N.D.
![]()
1) Right below Erza
2) Invel, then E.N.D.
3) No idea, but Jellal also has something for Zeref. Would be cool to see Gray and Jellal tag team Zeref.
4) This is what he'll say to E.N.D.
![]()
Yeah i think he has to be at least as strong as laxus if he wants to stand more than 1 minutes against End..i think he would be very very strong if he has an demon formI mean this is all fine... but..
How will Gray even last 1 second against END if he is just below Erza in terms of how strong he is?
Gray has to be at least 10x the power of Erza, Gajeel, and Jellal combined in order to take down or at least fight END.
We are talking that END is on the power of maybe Acnologia.
So I don't know why people say Gray is below or around Erza and Gajeel, yet can fight END in like 15-20 chapters later.
Gray already had his 1 year timeskip training, if he is only around Erza's level right now, it will take him 15 years timeskip training just to be on par with END.
So, either Gray is way stronger than everybody else is portraying him to be, or he won't be the one fighting END.
Personally, I think that he will fight END, so I believe he is stronger than Laxus at this moment. If you ask me personally, I believe Gray is pretty much on par with Natsu and Gildartz currently.
EDIT:
Erza couldn't even beat Ajeel. Let alone Zeref. Let alone Acnologia and END.
So Gray at least has to be stronger than Erza at this point imo.
Because we're talking about right now. Gray might not even fight END by himself. The whole guild could be involved.I mean this is all fine... but..
How will Gray even last 1 second against END if he is just below Erza in terms of how strong he is?
Gray has to be at least 10x the power of Erza, Gajeel, and Jellal combined in order to take down or at least fight END.
We are talking that END is on the power of maybe Acnologia.
So I don't know why people say Gray is below or around Erza and Gajeel, yet can fight END in like 15-20 chapters later.
Gray already had his 1 year timeskip training, if he is only around Erza's level right now, it will take him 15 years timeskip training just to be on par with END.
So, either Gray is way stronger than everybody else is portraying him to be, or he won't be the one fighting END.
Personally, I think that he will fight END, so I believe he is stronger than Laxus at this moment. If you ask me personally, I believe Gray is pretty much on par with Natsu and Gildartz currently.
EDIT:
Erza couldn't even beat Ajeel. Let alone Zeref. Let alone Acnologia and END.
So Gray at least has to be stronger than Erza at this point imo.
Because we're talking about right now. Gray might not even fight END by himself. The whole guild could be involved.
Erza currently has better feats than anything Gray has shown.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There's legit no point in putting Gray above Laxus or Jellal or Erza if you're only argument is because he'll solo END. Might as well put Gray above everyone in the manga then.
Might as well put Jellal above everyone too since he's going to take down Zeref right?
It's actually very much like that. Though more accurately, Erza > Gray until Gray shows feats that are above Erza's. Pretty simple. You don't just get to go around saying "lol Gray > everyone because he'll take down END".It's not like Erza > Gray until the chapter that END shows up.
It's actually very much like that. Though more accurately, Erza > Gray until Gray shows feats that are above Erza's. Pretty simple. You don't just get to go around saying "lol Gray > everyone because he'll take down END".
1. That's not how power-scaling works.
2. You're not Hiro. So unless you can confirm to me that Gray will actually solo E.N.D from the beginning until the end of the fight, then Gray isn't above Erza.
Go blame Hiro for not giving Gray any notable x792 feats yet.