Grimm Jow & Arisawa Tatsuki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Grimm Jow & Arisawa Tatsuki

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
:clap
Two good colorings! The color schemes fit well, especially on the Tatsuki one!
What I really like is your shading: that is really solid work, overall round work considering the composition.
As a suggestion I could say that you may stress the shading by adding another shading layer and perhaps a highlight layer (subtle) to improve the complexity of the work.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
AWESOME work, VietSnake3.

That Grimm Jow one goes straight to my chapter 199 folder.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great. :spaz

Tatsuki one is more anime-like than the Grimm Jow one. I see that you use filter for the background of Grimm Jow. The skin is shaded nicely but I would like to see more than 2 colours. Maybe you can add another few strokes of darker colour scheme and another few one from the lighter scheme to make the overall presentation more complete.

These two colourings are very neat. Personally, I like to see chaotic colourings rather than anime-like colouring but you pull them off well, especially the Tatsuki one. Good job and keep it up.:thumbs

VietSnake3

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Miso said:
:clap
Two good colorings! The color schemes fit well, especially on the Tatsuki one!
What I really like is your shading: that is really solid work, overall round work considering the composition.
As a suggestion I could say that you may stress the shading by adding another shading layer and perhaps a highlight layer (subtle) to improve the complexity of the work.
Ah, thanks Miso. You're right about the shading, it looks a bit light. =). Hahaha.

Gold Knight said:
AWESOME work, VietSnake3.

That Grimm Jow one goes straight to my chapter 199 folder.
LOL! Thank you, Gold Knight. I'm glad you like it.

eileenting88 said:
Great. :spaz

Tatsuki one is more anime-like than the Grimm Jow one. I see that you use filter for the background of Grimm Jow. The skin is shaded nicely but I would like to see more than 2 colours. Maybe you can add another few strokes of darker colour scheme and another few one from the lighter scheme to make the overall presentation more complete.

These two colourings are very neat. Personally, I like to see chaotic colourings rather than anime-like colouring but you pull them off well, especially the Tatsuki one. Good job and keep it up.:thumbs
Hehe. Yeah, everybody who saw the Grimm Jow coloring said that it needed more shading. Thanks for the comment! 8-).

*Sorry for the late replies, I was busy with school and watching Elfen Lied, ^_^'*

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Any more work coming, VietSnake3? :)

Elfen Lied... I've heard of that, but forget where.

MadTact

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
cool. i expect to see more soon

abdulahi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the grim jow one rules, nice work VietSnake3,

off topic, elfen lied is one great anime.