Grisha Jaegar Discussion/Theories | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Grisha Jaegar Discussion/Theories

Is Grisha alive or dead?

• Alive

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Dead

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

vanihba2000

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Grisha Jaegar is currently a focal character in the series and this thread aims to bring out theories/speculations regarding him.

Questions that need to be answered :

1) Was Grisha originally involved with Titan-shifters/Warriors?

Assuming he was involved with the Titan-shifters/Warriors :
2) What was he doing within the walls?
3) Are there more people like him within the walls?

Assuming he wasn't originally involved with the Warrior faction :
4) How does he know about the Titan ability?
5) How did he develop those serums and what for?
6) What exactly did he inject Eren with and how, where and why?

Then:
7) What was he exactly doing within the basement and why did he agree to show Eren the basement after he returned?
8) Why did he disappear for 5 years? What is he doing? Is he alive or dead?

teioh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Now this thread pretend to be Anime free or not?
Cuz for what I remember by Anime (watched obviously in recent time while Manga not) I can answer:

- DEATH: Grisha is alive, or better I meant he's not dead by Eren hands, and he's fleeing with a cart to an unknown place;

- SERUM: He clearly said that the serum injected in Eren will give him a power to protect him, Armin and Mikasa. For what you can reckon by Anime he know very well that the serum will permit Eren to reach the basement and find the secrets closed there.

Nothing more can be suggested imo but a lot of speculations can be made ;D

Grungie

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Maybe earlier he used to experiment on people from Warrior's hometown. He could know about Warrior's plan for humanity and then just escaped.

Huesoman

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Maybe he is some kind of spy that travels to Reyner's town from time to time, thats how he gets the formula to transform Eren into a Titan, maybe that day he planned to travel to Reyner's town without expecting the attack? Maybe he is hidden himself in Reyner's town because he kept secret about the titan serum to the governors of Eren town and now he is treated as a traitor? He is key for this story.

tonyyao82

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
At first, I thought
Grisha could be the Ape Titan, but that wouldn't be that exciting.

I do think he is working with a rival organization that opposes the Wallists. I wonder if he assumed by the time Eren becomes a young adult, he would get a firm grasp of the power given to him.

Though I wonder if Grisha was working with Annie's father at some point.

Huesoman

Reaction score
Country
Peru
The wallists, I like that word :super. You know, I think that maybe there are more than 2 groups (warriors and soldiers) because the ape doesn't seem to work for one nor the other; so maybe Grisha is working for another group? And now that you mention Annie's father, the first time I thought he was Irwin, but now I don't know what to think; I don't think he works with Grisha because he hates all the world and Grisha seems a nice guy :^_^.

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
My theory is really crazy but I find it plausible. What if the Titan-shifting formula was a family affair? Let's say while humans where fighting each other a Jaeger discovered the formula, they used it to beat their opponents and later their rivals tried to steal it, some succeeded but have been killed by the Jaegar clan later.

Eren's titan has the same power as any titan(let's say it's the basic formula), the Braun clan:derp stole it and succeeded to modify it(they created the Armored Titan formula) same for the Leonhardt and Hoover clan. In consequence, the others clans have been eradicated by the Jaeger clan. Those clans are still secretly fighting right now and it's a tradition to tell that story to his descendant when he is 12.

Themistocles

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think he is alive. Somehow I can't shake the feeling that he is like the father from Full Metal Alchemist, one who seemingly knows the truth but disappears away from his son. But think about it. Grisha injects Eren with the serum after the wall Maria is lost. Why would Grisha abandon his young son after the death of his mother and has simply disappeared for the last 5 years. It doesn't add up unless Grisha knows something of the "truth" of the Titans and the history of that continent.

I can't help but wonder if Grisha is in the village where Eren is being taken to. Wouldn't that be something?

Huesoman

Reaction score
Country
Peru
I don't think there is a clan war but I can agree with Grisha (or his ancestors) being the one who create the titan formula.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I think he is alive...Why would Grisha abandon his young son after the death of his mother and has simply disappeared for the last 5 years...
I think he is alive too, but I don't think he abandon his son, I think he was captured, maybe by Reyner's people or another faction.

I Am Jager

Reaction score
Country
Cuba
I want Grisha to not be the Ape Titan. But I already recognize his face on the Ape Titan's similar to R&B's faces on their Titan forms. I really hope I'm wrong.

Huesoman

Reaction score
Country
Peru
I want Grisha to not be the Ape Titan. But I already recognize his face on the Ape Titan's similar to R&B's faces on their Titan forms. I really hope I'm wrong.
Yes, he looks like Eren's father. He also reminds me a little bit of Levi, but in either case it is very improbable that the ape is Grisha or Levi because the ape didn't recognize the 3D gear.

I Am Jager

Reaction score
Country
Cuba
Yes, he looks like Eren's father. He also reminds me a little bit of Levi, but in either case it is very improbable that the ape is Grisha or Levi because the ape didn't recognize the 3D gear.
I agree completely. However, my gut is telling me something isn't right with the Ape Titan. He was very analytical, scientific almost. I wish Mike would have spoke to him.

Themistocles

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think he is alive too, but I don't think he abandon his son, I think he was captured, maybe by Reyner's people or another faction.
Well, that could be possible, but i wonder. we only know of RBA within the walls from "the warriors" and they are suppose to be spies. It just doesn't fit right with me.

also, Face of the Ape Titan (SnK Wiki):http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...tan_Profile.png/270px-Hairy_Titan_Profile.png

and Grisha: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_...inokyojin/images/6/61/Grisha_Jeager_Anime.png

Personally. i don't see the connection. Maybe someone has a better comparison?

Huesoman

Reaction score
Country
Peru
I agree completely. However, my gut is telling me something isn't right with the Ape Titan. He was very analytical, scientific almost. I wish Mike would have spoke to him.
I don't know if we can say he has an analytical or scientific mind, maybe he just was curious or maybe he got the mission to gather information about the enemy forces, but yes, he is some sort of a planner, he was watching Mike fighting the other titans to know about the 3D gear, then before he leaves asking directly what is it for.
also, Face of the Ape Titan (SnK Wiki):http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...tan_Profile.png/270px-Hairy_Titan_Profile.png

and Grisha: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_...inokyojin/images/6/61/Grisha_Jeager_Anime.png

Personally. i don't see the connection. Maybe someone has a better comparison?
Well, I remember reading the manga and thinking: "this guy looks like Eren's father" .But I'm too lazy to look for pictures. :3c.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
well,i want to know what he was always leaving on missions for?
we know he could not have been the first to start titan shifting....seeing if ymir is over 60yrs old.
so did he witness this himself then decided to experiment on his son...or was he going to other villages turning others like bert/reiner/annie into titanshifters?

he must have known,that making his son into a "monster" would cause a ruckus amongst the populace of the walls...possibly even costing eren his life(which if not for armin it would have)....

I've also always wondered why mikasa and her family were living in reclusion...and he was visiting them.i wonder if mikasa's family were the last of the Asian race for a reason and is their blood/dna key to the serum grisha was injecting into eren.
mikasa's bond to eren since a young age seems more than sibling love....

Last edited:

crossover

Reaction score
Country
United States
well maybe the ape titan is a relative of grisha(it would be extra interesting if this relative happened to be annie's father also)