Group - Group B Battle Royale | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Bluenote Stinger

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 50 86.2%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • God Serena

Votes: 55 94.8%
  • Makarov Dreyar

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Minerva Orland

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Orga Nanagear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fair enough, but Jupiter was still the attack that defeated Ajeel.

Carla can look in the future.

Chelia used Third Origin plus she is a God Slayer. In other words, her magic is super effective against Di Maria.

It's literally stated in the manga that Di Maria's beams can't be seen.

Erza can't just hide by running away lol. She'll be spammed by Di Maria's lazer beams or hold down by Bluenote's Gravity Magic. It's different for Minerva and Gajeel. If they hide, they just can't be touched. They're smart enough (especially Minerva) to hide until the battle is over.

Ofcourse Minerva will hide in the beginning of the fight. Her strategy literally is to hide herself so all her opponents will fight each other so she hasn't to do anything herself. Facts.

Minerva didn't need to fight Erza, but in the end she did because she had to do something to bring Sabertooth to victory. In a battle royale like this, she only needs to wait before four mages are defeated. And yeah, she will hide. It's her strategy after all.
Where was it stated that Dimaria's beams can't be seen? The only thing that comes close was Ultear saying that she couldn't track it. Some people aren't fast enough to react to it. Some are. Still see no reason to assume that Dimaria's beams are any stronger than any of Wahl's attacks. Being a god slayer doesn't make it easier for Chelia to react to Dimaria's attacks, and Dimaria's beam isn't invisible.

Was that her initial strategy against Erza and Kagura?

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Where was it stated that Dimaria's beams can't be seen? The only thing that comes close was Ultear saying that she couldn't track it. Some people aren't fast enough to react to it. Some are. Still see no reason to assume that Dimaria's beams are any stronger than any of Wahl's attacks. Being a god slayer doesn't make it easier for Chelia to react to Dimaria's attacks, and Dimaria's beam isn't invisible.
Because Carla couldn't see them herself.

Wahl's attacks are a lot easier to dodge than Di Maria's lazers.

Was that her initial strategy against Erza and Kagura?
It was her main strategy, yes.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Because Carla couldn't see them herself.

Wahl's attacks are a lot easier to dodge than Di Maria's lazers.

It was her main strategy, yes.
How so? Wahl's attacks are fast enough to land against Laxus.
Dimaria's beams can be deflected by Chelia.

Minerva only ran away after she engaged Erza and Kagura, and found out that she couldn't take them out in direct combat. During the actual fight, she was hit several times by both Erza and Kagura, whom not only fought her - but each other.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
How so? Wahl's attacks are fast enough to land against Laxus.
Dimaria's beams can be deflected by Chelia.
But in the end Laxus could take every spell from Wahl, while both Wendy and Carla were pierced by Di Maria with ease.

Chelia could block it because she was overpowered at that moment. She used Third Origin and she's a God Slayer as well, Di Maria was in a major disadvantage.

Minerva only ran away after she engaged Erza and Kagura, and found out that she couldn't take them out in direct combat. During the actual fight, she was hit several times by both Erza and Kagura, whom not only fought her - but each other.
And that's exactly the reason why Minerva will hide herself from the beginning of this fight.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
What's this nonsense? Dimaria's lasers can be seen it was just to fast for Wendy and Carla Chelia was able to bat it away. Don't use the god slaying excuse because she wasn't using it when she slapped it away nor just slaying magic make things look slower.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
But in the end Laxus could take every spell from Wahl, while both Wendy and Carla were pierced by Di Maria with ease.

Chelia could block it because she was overpowered at that moment. She used Third Origin and she's a God Slayer as well, Di Maria was in a major disadvantage.

And that's exactly the reason why Minerva will hide herself from the beginning of this fight.
Wendy and Carla aren't Laxus. Again, Chelia being a god slayer doesn't make Dimaria's beams any slower. It certainly doesn't let her stop something "faster than time", like you claim Dimaria's beam to be.

So like in the Tartarus arc? Or against the Northern Spriggans?

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Wendy and Carla aren't Laxus. Again, Chelia being a god slayer doesn't make Dimaria's beams any slower. It certainly doesn't let her stop something "faster than time", like you claim Dimaria's beam to be.
She used Third Origin which made her faster. If something can't be seen it's faster than time.. Is this so hard to understand?

So like in the Tartarus arc? Or against the Northern Spriggans?
So we're going this way again.

1). She didn't hide herself during the Tartaros arc because she was ordered to fight Erza.

2). We don't know anything about the Spriggans in the north. One of them could use Disable Magic or something like that.

What's this nonsense? Dimaria's lasers can be seen it was just to fast for Wendy and Carla Chelia was able to bat it away. Don't use the god slaying excuse because she wasn't using it when she slapped it away nor just slaying magic make things look slower.
I'm just going to ignore you from now on. Bye.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
She used Third Origin which made her faster. If something can't be seen it's faster than time.. Is this so hard to understand?

Just because something moves so fast that some people couldn't keep in track of it, it doesn't means its faster than time. Lots of people can't see attacks that blitz them. That doesn't make any of those attacks were faster than time. All we can say about Dimaria's beam was that it was fast enough that mages like Ultear could track it. Mages like Chelia can.

So... what real reason is there that Minerva would choose in this specific instance to hide? She hasn't started a fight by hiding once. When she retreated during the GMG, it was only after considering the fact that she couldn't take on both Erza and Kagura.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

1). She didn't hide herself during the Tartaros arc because she was ordered to fight Erza.

2). We don't know anything about the Spriggans in the north. One of them could use Disable Magic or something like that.

I'm just going to ignore you from now on. Bye.
Yes ignore me, it's not like you was going to scrape together a decent reply anyway.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Minerva couldn't react fast enough because she was about to cast Ih Ragdo. I don't understand why you think Erza is faster than someone who can teleport lol. It just isn't logic.

Show me when it's stated that she can't switch immediately. She can, which is shown in the manga. I'd like to post the evidence but at the moment I can't. I'll post it later.
I'm sorry, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. When I said "immediately", I meant the total time it takes for her to teleport herself. Let me break down what I mean into a more simpler concept because my post may sound confusing at this point.

Basically, I'm trying to say Minerva's teleportation is not like Mest. She literally has to manipulate the "space" first. Meanwhile, Mest has the true ability to instantly teleport.

Mest's Magic: The way this works is that Mest can instantly teleport to any location as long as he has decided on the place.

Minerva's Magic: The way this works is that the target she is "teleporting" has to be within her range (sight). So if she were to teleport herself, she would have to cast her magic on herself first, before teleporting. Similarly, if she were to teleport someone else, she would have to use a spell on them as well. In other words, her magic spells acts as some sort of a medium between 2 dimensions.

I know she isn't teleporting Kagura and Erza here but notice how when Minerva attacks them with Yagdo Rigora, she needed to enclose them in her "space" magic.

Actually, her whole magic is about encasing her opponents in her spells. Here is a better scenario. With just a movement of an arm, she transported Miliana back to this dimension by casting a spell.

Anyways, Erza should be faster than Minerva and this is without any bias.

Bluenote may be fodder, but Orga and Makarov sure aren't. Makarov probably has the best stamina in this fight thanks to his Titan Form. You shouldn't underestimate Orga as well. His spells are the most powerful after God Serena's spells. Orga's spells are high in AoE and doesn't take a long time to cast. But yeah, in the end the two of them won't make the end.
I disagree. I put Orga as a fodder in this fight. In fact, he may even be below Bluenote's level. He attacks shouldn't be anywhere close to God Serena in power or AoE. I agree Makarov has stamina but his power in his Titan Form is kind of lacking which is seen when he attacked Jacob.

Makarov surpasses Erza. Erza didn't show me anything that would bring her above Makarov's Titan Form and spells like Fairy Law. Gajeel isn't stronger than Makarov as well, but he'll win this because he can hide.

Yagdo Rigora may not be able to defeat multiple opponents at one time, but it will do damage to them, especially in a battle royale. Anyway, she doesn't even need to cast it. The only thing she needs to do is hide.
Makarov is the only one where I understand why people rate him so high. But again, I highly doubt he'll have time to cast Fairy Law. It's not a spell that is meant to be used in a regular fight like a Battle Royale. This is because the casting time is quite long.

As for Minerva, Yagdo Rigora isn't that strong of an attack. Kagura and Erza tanked it without much damage taken. Granted, I will acknowledge the fact that the amount of energy in that attack was probably dispersed amongst both of them. But still, the damage is not significant enough because both Kagura and Erza were still standing even if we multiply it by 2.

Then show me when Minerva had to 'cast a spell' to teleport. Kagura tried to blitz her as well, but guess what, Minerva was faster.
To be specific, I would classify Minerva's magic more like transporting rather than teleporting. Teleporting implies it happens immediately. But the reason why I think Minerva has to cast a spell to transport somebody is because she doesn't have Teleportation Magic. She has Territory Magic. Here are a few panels to show you what I mean.

Look at her hands again when she makes Happy appear. Just like when she did it to Miliana, she is using some form of magic on Happy to make him reappear. This means that her magic has to somehow affect Happy. It doesn't have to be a continuous form of magic like a beam. Rather with just a movement of her hand, she is pinpointing a certain point in space and using her magic on that "target".

Well, if Bloodman uses some type of Possession Magic (it could be possible), Minerva couldn't even have a chance to escape. We shouldn't discuss this though, because we don't know a single thing about them xD.
Okay. I can't dispute with this so I'll leave it as that.

When was it stated she couldn't use her magic?
I believe it was shown rather than being stated.

I disagree. The only one in this fight who are able to hide are Minerva and Gajeel. You could be right that Gajeel couldn't use his shadow form for very long, but Minerva can hide herself as long as she wants which is shown. In fact, that's an ability from her magic. This is a battle royale, so Minerva won't be touched. But if she'd hide in an one-on-one fight, there won't be an outcome. So in the end, she must fight in a solo battle.
I guess we just can't agree. Fair enough. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So God Serena,Dimaria,Makarov and Erza won.Good Very Good.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
You mean Gajeel right? Gajeel has like 5 more votes than Makarov as of right now.

Honestly, I don't know where Gajeel came from. Somebody voted for him, but no discussions were made about him.

Obviously there are some "silent" Gajeel fans out there, so nobody expected him to make it on to the next stage.

But hey, fans vote for what they think, so honestly, I don't see how Gajeel passes Makarov or Erza, but apparently, he does.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Makarov was the logical choice. I just voted for Gajeel because of his hype.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm sorry, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. When I said "immediately", I meant the total time it takes for her to teleport herself. Let me break down what I mean into a more simpler concept because my post may sound confusing at this point.

Basically, I'm trying to say Minerva's teleportation is not like Mest. She literally has to manipulate the "space" first. Meanwhile, Mest has the true ability to instantly teleport.

Mest's Magic: The way this works is that Mest can instantly teleport to any location as long as he has decided on the place.

Minerva's Magic: The way this works is that the target she is "teleporting" has to be within her range (sight). So if she were to teleport herself, she would have to cast her magic on herself first, before teleporting. Similarly, if she were to teleport someone else, she would have to use a spell on them as well. In other words, her magic spells acts as some sort of a medium between 2 dimensions.

I know she isn't teleporting Kagura and Erza here but notice how when Minerva attacks them with Yagdo Rigora, she needed to enclose them in her "space" magic.

Actually, her whole magic is about encasing her opponents in her spells. Here is a better scenario. With just a movement of an arm, she transported Miliana back to this dimension by casting a spell.

Anyways, Erza should be faster than Minerva and this is without any bias.
I'm sorry, but none of the pages you posted shows that Minerva uses her ability to teleport. I don't know why you start about Yagdo Rigora, since that doesn't have to do a thing with Territory since it's another type of magic. Also, we're talking about the way Minerva teleports her self, not how she teleports others.

Let me clear this up:

As you can see, this is where she teleports her self. She teleporterd very fast, since she was gone as fast as Kagura turned her head at her. I don't know where you get the idea from that she needs a lot time to cast a spell to teleport herself, because this is the evidence that she can teleport in a blink of an eye.

I disagree. I put Orga as a fodder in this fight. In fact, he may even be below Bluenote's level. He attacks shouldn't be anywhere close to God Serena in power or AoE. I agree Makarov has stamina but his power in his Titan Form is kind of lacking which is seen when he attacked Jacob.
Uhm..

Pretty close.

Makarov is the only one where I understand why people rate him so high. But again, I highly doubt he'll have time to cast Fairy Law. It's not a spell that is meant to be used in a regular fight like a Battle Royale. This is because the casting time is quite long.
I very much agree. That's exactly the reason why I didn't vote for Makarov.

As for Minerva, Yagdo Rigora isn't that strong of an attack. Kagura and Erza tanked it without much damage taken. Granted, I will acknowledge the fact that the amount of energy in that attack was probably dispersed amongst both of them. But still, the damage is not significant enough because both Kagura and Erza were still standing even if we multiply it by 2.
Again, it won't defeat the others, but it will do a lot damage to them. Don't forget the way how Orga and Bluenote were defeated. In that case, Yagdo Rigora must do major damage to them.

To be specific, I would classify Minerva's magic more like transporting rather than teleporting. Teleporting implies it happens immediately. But the reason why I think Minerva has to cast a spell to transport somebody is because she doesn't have Teleportation Magic. She has Territory Magic. Here are a few panels to show you what I mean.

Look at her hands again when she makes Happy appear. Just like when she did it to Miliana, she is using some form of magic on Happy to make him reappear. This means that her magic has to somehow affect Happy. It doesn't have to be a continuous form of magic like a beam. Rather with just a movement of her hand, she is pinpointing a certain point in space and using her magic on that "target".
She doesn't need to teleport others in a battle royale.

There is only one way to explain Territory, and that's space. Just like Ultear's magic is time, her magic is space. She can almost do everything with it.

I believe it was shown rather than being stated.

Uhm, I don't see where it's stated that she couldn't use her Requip thanks to Marin? She just couldn't use it because she was trapped in Ajeel's sandstorm.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Speaking of which, how much hype is allowed in this tournament?

(not pointing to anybody in particular, so calm down)

I know that Dragon Force and Devil Force on characters who haven't shown it is not really allowed in this tournament. That much hype, I get.

But is general hyping allowed or no?

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I know that Dragon Force and Devil Force on characters who haven't shown it is not really allowed in this tournament. That much hype, I get.

We don't even know if Devil Force is a thing, how can you hype that?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

This is a grey area, and it relies on discretion for the most part.

Hype that you can use needs to have a feats/performance basis. What I mean by this is that you can project a level of improvement or capability of a character if there are displays that would support such improvement.

For example Gajeel has displays this arc that support him improving (hearing senses, did okay against Alvarez fodders), but not to the extent of base Natsu. Given Gajeel's feats/displays are not substantial, the hype allowed to him won't be either (to be within reason).

Again, it's within your discretion to apply hype. Some might disagree with my assessment of Gajeel's improvement.

Things like Devil Force are theories for the moment, but it mainly refers to a potential power up for DeS magic that is analogous to dragon force.

Under the rules it is not permitted in the tournament, as it's not an ability anyone has shown to use.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, you missed my point by more than a mile. Probably cuz of those bias glasses.

Well, Gray said he has a secret technique just like Natsu. It is within reason to consider that Devil Force is a hype. Obviously though, as @Brandish stated, such a hype is out of the bounds of this tournament and can't even be considered a stretch due to having almost no leading proof.

This is a grey area, and it relies on discretion for the most part.

Hype that you can use needs to have a feats/performance basis. What I mean by this is that you can project a level of improvement or capability of a character if there are displays that would support such improvement.

For example Gajeel has displays this arc that support him improving (hearing senses, did okay against Alvarez fodders), but not to the extent of base Natsu. Given Gajeel's feats/displays are not substantial, the hype allowed to him won't be either (to be within reason).

Again, it's within your discretion to apply hype. Some might disagree with my assessment of Gajeel's improvement.

Thanks man, I get it.

Last edited:

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Uhm, I don't see where it's stated that she couldn't use her Requip thanks to Marin? She just couldn't use it because she was trapped in Ajeel's sandstorm.
There seems to be some confusion here. Ajeel's mini sandstorm wasn't the force that stopped Erza's requip. If that were true then she wouldn't have been able to use her Wind God Armor while she was trapped in the spell. Marin was most likely the cause because the second he got KOed by Lucy, Erza was able to use requip again.

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Gonna go with Dimaria, God Serena, Erza and Gajeel. I feel like Makarov's standing in the series has fallen quite a lot. Though he one-shotted Jose in Phantom Arc, he got mid diffed by Hades in Tenrou and I think his overal feats don't really compare to Gajeel's feat of beating Torafusa and the fact that Gajeel has always been portrayed to be equal to Natsu, who has surpassed Makarov by a loooong margin. As for Bluenote, he was one-shotted by Base Natsu, who should be comparable to Erza, which probably puts him below Makarov's level. Minerva and Orga don't really have a place here with their current feats, and Erza, God Serena and Dimaria are kinda self-explanatory right now with their feats and portrayal.

Status
Not open for further replies.