Group - Group B Battle Royale | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Bluenote Stinger

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 50 86.2%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • God Serena

Votes: 55 94.8%
  • Makarov Dreyar

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Minerva Orland

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Orga Nanagear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
God Serena is the strongest. Dimaria is next, though her combat abilities can probably be matched by anyone Erza's level or higher. Fortunately, the only one that fits the bill is Erza herself. Erza is the only one on this list that has beaten a Spriggan level opponent. These three are not debatable as far as I'm concerned.

The next spot is a bit tricky. Technically speaking it's a 2-way tie between Makarov and Bluenote, both of which would be solid Jura-tier mages. If you give Gajeel the benefit of the doubt, you can make the argument that he has surpassed Makarov/Bluenote. I picked Gajeel in my vote because I predicted that he will beat a Spriggan with little help in the following chapters.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I don't get why so many people think this fight is given to Erza. In a battle royale with so many powerful opponents, there is no way how she could win this with only Requip.

First of all, she can't hide. She is exposed throughout the whole fight. She'll probably get spam attacks fired at her. She may have good defense, but in the end her most defensive armor was broken by Kagura's sealed Archenemy. She will never have a chance to block such a powerful spell from God Serena.

Second, her spells don't have high AoE. If there is one thing that brings you in an advantage in a battle royale, it's a high AoE spell which could take down multiple opponents. Erza's spells are nothing compared to Eight Dragon Slayer Spells, God War Magic and Fairy Law.

God Serena and Di Maria are the most powerful here. Di Maria has her lazer beams which will pierce through her opponents before they even know. Gajeel and Minerva have the best defense in this battle, since they can hide thanks to Iron Shadow Dragon Mode and Territory. I'm sorry, but this battle royale seems pretty obvious to me lol.

Erza won't win this because 'she's Erza'.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't get why so many people think this fight is given to Erza. In a battle royale with so many powerful opponents, there is no way how she could win this with only Requip.

First of all, she can't hide. She is exposed throughout the whole fight. She'll probably get spam attacks fired at her. She may have good defense, but in the end her most defensive armor was broken by Kagura's sealed Archenemy. She will never have a chance to block such a powerful spell from God Serena.

Second, her spells don't have high AoE. If there is one thing that brings you in an advantage in a battle royale, it's a high AoE spell which could take down multiple opponents. Erza's spells are nothing compared to Eight Dragon Slayer Spells, God War Magic and Fairy Law.

God Serena and Di Maria are the most powerful here. Di Maria has her lazer beams which will pierce through her opponents before they even know. Gajeel and Minerva have the best defense in this battle, since they can hide thanks to Iron Shadow Dragon Mode and Territory. I'm sorry, but this battle royale seems pretty obvious to me lol.

Erza won't win this because 'she's Erza'.
I agree that Erza won't be able to stand a chance against God Serena or Dimaria. But I believe she would advance because everyone else isn't that worthy of a character compared to her. The two characters you listed, Gajeel and Minerva, are strong no doubt but Erza can counter Minerva easily. Since Minerva's magic is based on space, then Erza's Nakagami Armor will take care of that. The qualities of the armor (cutting through space) is not PoF but the way it was used in previous battles was PoF. As for Gajeel, without the assumption that he has Dragon Force because it is restricted, then he barely makes it out of this. His Iron-Shadow Dragon Mode may look strong but it tends to be overhyped. For example, in the past, he was pretty much on par with Torafusa and saying Gajeel would have lost is debatable. It was also used to beat Rogue but as we saw, he isn't that strong. So judging by the feats, he really doesn't have much to be considered above Erza's level. If he trained more then her, then maybe, but as we saw the way it was portrayed, they spent a similar amount of time training.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I agree that Erza won't be able to stand a chance against God Serena or Dimaria. But I believe she would advance because everyone else isn't that worthy of a character compared to her. The two characters you listed, Gajeel and Minerva, are strong no doubt but Erza can counter Minerva easily. Since Minerva's magic is based on space, then Erza's Nakagami Armor will take care of that. The qualities of the armor (cutting through space) is not PoF but the way it was used in previous battles was PoF. As for Gajeel, without the assumption that he has Dragon Force because it is restricted, then he barely makes it out of this. His Iron-Shadow Dragon Mode may look strong but it tends to be overhyped. For example, in the past, he was pretty much on par with Torafusa and saying Gajeel would have lost is debatable. It was also used to beat Rogue but as we saw, he isn't that strong. So judging by the feats, he really doesn't have much to be considered above Erza's level. If he trained more then her, then maybe, but as we saw the way it was portrayed, they spent a similar amount of time training.
Both Gajeel and Minerva could easily hide them self. Gajeel could use his Iron Shadow Dragon Mode to hide himself as a shadow and attack his opponents when he has a chance. ISDM's attack may be overhyped, but it sure isn't overhyped when it comes to defense.

Minerva could use Territory and hide herself from the beginning of the battle. Erza won't even find her, plus she'll be attacked by her other opponents since she can't hide herself at all.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
  1. God Serena : Best feats in terms of versatility and durability.
  2. Erza Scarlet : Because she's Erza ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  3. Makarov Dreyar : He Fairy Law yo ass xD
  4. Dimaria Yesta : Although she doesn't have access to Age Seal she's still powerful foe.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why not? It's not like they're all going to gang up on her. It's a free for all.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Why not? It's not like they're all going to gang up on her. It's a free for all.
Do you think Erza will win from Di Maria and God Serena then? Gajeel and Minerva could hide. There is only place for four.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Do you think Erza will win from Di Maria and God Serena then? Gajeel and Minerva could hide. There is only place for four.
Erza has the means of eliminating everyone else on this list except for God Serena and Dimaria.

Honestly, with Age Seal restricted, Erza might even be a match for Dimaria. Nakagami Starlight can take out Ajeel, who is a Spriggan. Dimaria's beams have only taken out Wendy and Carla, both of which are fodders. Her all out attacks, which should be ever stronger, can be blocked by Wendy's barriers. Someone of Erza's caliber should have no problem tanking a few hits from that. The only person that would own Erza is God Serena due to his ability to own the 4 Ishgar Saints at once, and he would own everyone else on this list.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Both Gajeel and Minerva could easily hide them self. Gajeel could use his Iron Shadow Dragon Mode to hide himself as a shadow and attack his opponents when he has a chance. ISDM's attack may be overhyped, but it sure isn't overhyped when it comes to defense.

Minerva could use Territory and hide herself from the beginning of the battle. Erza won't even find her, plus she'll be attacked by her other opponents since she can't hide herself at all.
Although it is true that they can hide themselves, unless they can utterly destroy their opponents, I don't see how that will help much. I mean, at most, the fodders will be eliminated. Erza just needs to finish off her opponents w

That's true. You have an interesting point. Here are my thoughts. They won't be able to hide for long. Immediately, when the battle starts Erza can destroy Minerva. Although she may not be able to physically see her because of her Territory Magic, Erza can blitz her immediately with Nakagami Starlight as it cuts through space. Minerva doesn't have the speed or reaction skills to escape that. We even saw Evergreen lose to Erza in that respect. She may be a lot weaker than Minerva but their speeds shouldn't be too far off. In my opinion, Gajeel won't last long because he can't stay in his shadow form forever. I mean it probably zaps his MP, so he'll have to reappear again sooner or later. During that time, Erza should be able to survive especially if God Serena and Dimaria decide to duel it out. Plus, Erza has plenty of armors that can help her against Gajeel like Morning Star Armor (Light), Adamantine Armor (Defense), Piercing Armor (Attack or Pierce through Metal), Armadura Fairy Armor (Strongest), and of course Nakagami Armor.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Erza has the means of eliminating everyone else on this list except for God Serena and Dimaria.
Exactly. But Minerva and Gajeel could hide throughout the battle royale. Erza won't even have time to try to find them since there are many other opponents.

Honestly, with Age Seal restricted, Erza might even be a match for Dimaria. Nakagami Starlight can take out Ajeel, who is a Spriggan. Dimaria's beams have only taken out Wendy and Carla, both of which are fodders. Her all out attacks, which should be ever stronger, can be blocked by Wendy's barriers. Someone of Erza's caliber should have no problem tanking a few hits from that. The only person that would own Erza is God Serena due to his ability to own the 4 Ishgar Saints at once, and he would own everyone else on this list.
Wrong. Erza never soloed Ajeel. In fact, if Jupiter didn't hit him Erza would've died. Jupiter did defeat Ajeel, Erza just gave the final blow.

Di Maria's lazer beams will pierce through anyone before they even know. It doesn't matter how weak you are. Wendy and Chelia are not weak, they're a lot stronger than Erza combined.

What do you expect? Erza to use her most defensive armor throughout the whole battle so she'll get attacked from behind by God Serena or an other opponent?

Erza will never solo a Time God.

I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced. Erza won't have a chance to win this. But yeah, she'll probably go through this round because many Erza fans will vote for her. Cause yeah, she's Erza after all..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That's true. You have an interesting point. Here are my thoughts. They won't be able to hide for long. Immediately, when the battle starts Erza can destroy Minerva. Although she may not be able to physically see her because of her Territory Magic, Erza can blitz her immediately with Nakagami Starlight as it cuts through space. Minerva doesn't have the speed or reaction skills to escape that. We even saw Evergreen lose to Erza in that respect. She may be a lot weaker than Minerva but their speeds shouldn't be too far off. In my opinion, Gajeel won't last long because he can't stay in his shadow form forever. I mean it probably zaps his MP, so he'll have to reappear again sooner or later. During that time, Erza should be able to survive especially if God Serena and Dimaria decide to duel it out. Plus Erza has plenty of armors that can help her against Gajeel like Morning Star Armor (Light), Adamantine Armor (Defense), Piercing Armor (Attack or Pierce through Metal), Armadura Fairy Armor (Strongest), and of course Nakagami Armor.
You forget one important thing. In fact, Minerva is faster than anyone in this battle. Why? Because she can switch places with others. Remember when Kagura attacked Minerva and she switched places with Erza? Minerva could do the same when Erza attacks her with any other opponent. And then, she has all the time to hide herself.

Who says God Serena and Di Maria will fight? Who says Erza will have a chance to search for Gajeel? Gajeel has better defense than Erza. He has Iron Shadow Dragon Mode and if it will work out he still has his iron body. No sword will slash through him.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Exactly. But Minerva and Gajeel could hide throughout the battle royale. Erza won't even have time to try to find them since there are many other opponents.
Hiding would be out of character for Gajeel. Minerva could try to hide, but so can Erza. You do realize that Erza doesn't have to stand and fight either. She could just fly away with her soaring armor to a secluded area. I'm not judging the characters on their ability to hide either. This is a fight. I expect them to fight.

Wrong. Erza never soloed Ajeel. In fact, if Jupiter didn't hit him Erza would've died. Jupiter did defeat Ajeel, Erza just gave the final blow.

Di Maria's lazer beams will pierce through anyone before they even know. It doesn't matter how weak you are. Wendy and Chelia are not weak, they're a lot stronger than Erza combined.

What do you expect? Erza to use her most defensive armor throughout the whole battle so she'll get attacked from behind by God Serena or an other opponent?

Erza will never solo a Time God.

I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced. Erza won't have a chance to win this. But yeah, she'll probably go through this round because many Erza fans will vote for her. Cause yeah, she's Erza after all..
Even if Erza herself was weaker than Ajeel, Nakagami Starlight is still the stronger attack. Nakagami Starlight still managed to knock out Ajeel, which is still a more impressive feat than taking out Wendy and Chelia. Chelia and Wendy are not stronger than Erza. Chelia and Wendy combined couldn't even stand in the presence of Bluenote, whom Erza should be downright superior to.

The main advantage Dimaria has in being a God of Time is the ability to stop time. That ability is restricted in this match. In actual combat, there's no reason to assume Dimaria is a heavy hitter among the Spriggans. Dimaria's beams shouldn't be any stronger than Wahl's anti-matter laser, or any other beam-like attack cast by a Spriggan. She wouldn't be able to pierce anyone with the durability to tank hits like that, and Erza would be one of those people.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It depends on how you rank TO-Sherria's durability, because she blocked the laser easily. However, she was bleeding from an elbow to the head from Chronos. So I'd rule TO-Sherria being a top tier for durability. She might be Erza level, which I think is within reasonable range based on feats.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It depends on how you rank TO-Sherria's durability, because she blocked the laser easily. However, she was bleeding from an elbow to the head from Chronos. So I'd rule TO-Sherria being a top tier for durability. She might be Erza level, which I think is within reasonable range based on feats.
Third Origin is not what is being debated her though. In fact, Chelia isn't even what is being debated. Dimaria's beams have never pierced Chelia, though I imagine it could before Chelia got her third origin. Dimaria's beams have only pierced Wendy and Carla. As in the humanoid cat, whom by all rights is probably weaker than Pantherlily...and probably on Romeo's level at best.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Honestly, if you're going to put the match on who can hide better, then it's basically random who gets left behind. I can see God Serena taking out anybody on this list if he should target them, Dimaria included. It would just be a matter of who is willing to stand and fight God Serena in a head on match.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Third Origin is not what is being debated her though. In fact, Chelia isn't even what is being debated. Dimaria's beams have never pierced Chelia, though I imagine it could before Chelia got her third origin. Dimaria's beams have only pierced Wendy and Carla. As in the humanoid cat, whom by all rights is probably weaker than Pantherlily...and probably on Romeo's level at best.
The strength of DiMaria's laser is determined by the durability of Wendy and the durability of TO-Sherria. The laser's ability to pierce anyone lies within that range of physical toughness. Carla doesn't factor because she's outside that range - as in Wendy is above Carla in durability. Piercing Wendy is the better feat.

Edit: I probs wasn't clear in my post before that it's likely that someone much weaker than TO-Sherria can tank the laser. I just used a reason for why Erza specifically would not be harmed.

Honestly, if you're going to put the match on who can hide better, then it's basically random who gets left behind. I can see God Serena taking out anybody on this list if he should target them, Dimaria included. It would just be a matter of who is willing to stand and fight God Serena in a head on match
If God Serena decides to spam DS moves then it will be an endurance test for everyone. DiMaria and Erza would be above everyone, then you can make cases for Makarov, Bluenote and Gajeel. Minerva/Orga could well be oneshotted.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hiding would be out of character for Gajeel. Minerva could try to hide, but so can Erza. You do realize that Erza doesn't have to stand and fight either. She could just fly away with her soaring armor to a secluded area. I'm not judging the characters on their ability to hide either. This is a fight. I expect them to fight.
Flying is different than hiding yourself in space or as a shadow. Erza could easily be brought down by Bluenote's Gravity or Di Maria's lazer beam spam.

Even if Erza herself was weaker than Ajeel, Nakagami Starlight is still the stronger attack. Nakagami Starlight still managed to knock out Ajeel, which is still a more impressive feat than taking out Wendy and Chelia. Chelia and Wendy are not stronger than Erza. Chelia and Wendy combined couldn't even stand in the presence of Bluenote, whom Erza should be downright superior to.
No, Jupiter Cannon + Nakagami Starlight took Ajeel down. Face it, it's a fact.

The main advantage Dimaria has in being a God of Time is the ability to stop time. That ability is restricted in this match. In actual combat, there's no reason to assume Dimaria is a heavy hitter among the Spriggans. Dimaria's beams shouldn't be any stronger than Wahl's anti-matter laser, or any other beam-like attack cast by a Spriggan. She wouldn't be able to pierce anyone with the durability to tank hits like that, and Erza would be one of those people.
Di Maria's beams are more powerful because they can't be seen before they pierce you. In fact, they can't be dodged.

It's probably Serena > DiMaria > Erza in this regard. Erza can continue under duress better than most characters in the series.
Yes, but there isn't place for five winners. It's pretty obvious that Minerva and Gajeel will hide themselves. In other words: Di Maria, God Serena, Gajeel and Minerva will win this.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Flying is different than hiding yourself in space or as a shadow. Erza could easily be brought down by Bluenote's Gravity or Di Maria's lazer beam spam.

No, Jupiter Cannon + Nakagami Starlight took Ajeel down. Face it, it's a fact.

Di Maria's beams are more powerful because they can't be seen before they pierce you. In fact, they can't be dodged.

Yes, but there isn't place for five winners. It's pretty obvious that Minerva and Gajeel will hide themselves. In other words: Di Maria, God Serena, Gajeel and Minerva will win this.
Jupiter cannon helped with Ajeel's defeat. However, Nakagami Starlight was still what finally managed to take out Ajeel. An attack that takes out a Spriggan in any capacity is still more impressive than an attack that takes out Wendy and Carla. Dimaria's beams can be seen, and Chelia was able to react to them. Again, just because Wendy or Carla couldn't react to those attacks doesn't mean nobody can. Wendy and Carla are fodders compared to Erza. Also, Wahl's lasers were able to land hits against Laxus - who is much faster than Wendy or Carla. There's no reason to put Dimaria's beams above any of Wahl's attacks.

How is it obvious Gajeel would hide himself? It would be completely out of character. Maybe Minerva will hide. If you're saying both Gajeel and Minerva will choose to hide, then what's stopping everyone else from choosing to hide? All Erza has to do is hide better than Bluenote, Makarov, Orga and Dimaria. If you want to turn this into a hide-and-seek instead of a proper fight then it would be completely random who gets to pass. God Serena has the ability to eliminate anybody on this list. It would just be whoever is the first to engage God Serena.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States

Actually, Makarov is a whole lot stronger than Erza still.

Makarov made Jacob look like a fodder when he grabbed him and threw him mile away from the guild.

Erza struggled against Ajeel, arguably the weakest Spriggan and she needed help from Jupiter otherwise she would have died.

Erza + Jupiter = Ajeel

Jacob > Ajeel

Makarov > Erza + Jupiter

Makarov >> Erza

So, in terms of who Erza can best in a fight, Makarov, God Serena, and Dimaria sure aren't one of them

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Actually, Makarov is a whole lot stronger than Erza still.

Makarov made Jacob look like a fodder when he grabbed him and threw him mile away from the guild.

Erza struggled against Ajeel, arguably the weakest Spriggan and she needed help from Jupiter otherwise she would have died.

Erza + Jupiter = Ajeel

Jacob > Ajeel

Makarov > Erza + Jupiter

Makarov >> Erza

So, in terms of who Erza can best in a fight, Makarov, God Serena, and Dimaria sure aren't one of them
Why is Ajeel assumed to be the weakest Spriggan?

Makarov sent Jacob flying, but he didn't deal a lot of damage to him. Erza was actually able to deal damage to Ajeel with Neptune sword. Sure, she didn't send him flying but it wasn't her intent. In Makarov's case, his intent was simply to get Jacob far enough from the guild so he can throw Natsu after him. In terms of the damage dealt to their opponent, Erza did more damage to Ajeel than Makarov did to Jacob.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
You forget one important thing. In fact, Minerva is faster than anyone in this battle. Why? Because she can switch places with others. Remember when Kagura attacked Minerva and she switched places with Erza? Minerva could do the same when Erza attacks her with any other opponent. And then, she has all the time to hide herself.

Who says God Serena and Di Maria will fight? Who says Erza will have a chance to search for Gajeel? Gajeel has better defense than Erza. He has Iron Shadow Dragon Mode and if it will work out he still has his iron body. No sword will slash through him.
Actually, the example you used when Minerva switched places with Erza doesn't really count.

Here are the reasons...
  1. Erza was the bystander in the fight. It was unexpected for Erza because she had no part in it except the fact that Minerva used a "surprise attack" on her just to get out of fighting against Kagura.
  2. Switching places won't do anything because in a one-on-one match, it will prove useless.
  3. In order for Minerva to switch places with Erza, she has to be able to cast the spell first otherwise it won't work.
The thing here is that Minerva isn't naturally faster than Erza. She is only faster when she switch places. How does she do that? By using a spell. In this next panel, Minerva is not using her spell to switch places but it gives us an idea of how it would be like if she did. The only difference between this spell and switching places is that Minerva charged this one and not the other one.

We already saw Erza react faster than Minerva. She used a spell on Erza but Erza was able to slice through it with Nakagami Armor. Think of the spell that Minerva used before as a way of switching places. It can only happen if it hits Erza. As long as she is able to nullify it and blitz Minerva with Nakagami Starlight which we've seen, there is no way she would lose. So, in theory, Erza is still faster.

Besides, this battle is literally about who attacks first. It could go either way. But from what the panels show, Erza definitely has the capability to blitz Minerva before she can even teleport herself.

Plus, even if she could escape from Erza's attack, she doesn't have the power to defeat Erza either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.