Group - Group C Battle Royale | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Ajeel Ramal

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Juvia Lockser

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 56 93.3%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Mard Geer Tartarus

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Voting Rules:

• The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • During the group stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.

Discussion will end on: May 18th, 2016.
Voting will end on: May 19th, 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiki

S-Slave
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Group C

Name: Ajeel Ramal
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez Empire
Magic: Sand Magic

Ajeel Ramal is one of the Spriggan 12 of the Alvarez Empire. Having mastery of Sand Magic, Ajeel is a powerful mage with immense magical power (like all of the Spriggans), and boasts great Strength as well as impressive Durability and Agility.

Name: Jura Neekis
Guild/Affiliation: Magic Council, Ten Wizard Saints
Magic: Earth Magic

Jura Neekis is the former ace of Lamia Scale and one of the higher ranked mages in the Ten Wizard Saints. Jura wields strong Earth Magic, and with Immense Strength, Magic Power, Dexterity, Durability and expertise in hand to hand combat, he is said to be a match for some of the strongest mages around.

Name: Juvia Lockser
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Water Magic

Juvia Lockser is a mage who is currently a member of the Fairy Tail Guild. Juvia boasts strong Water Magic, and with decent Hand to hand combat skills to boot, she is a tricky opponent for anyone to face.

Name: Kagura Mikazuchi
Guild/Affiliation: Mermaid Heel
Magic: Gravity Change

Kagura Mikazuchi is the ace of Mermaid Heel, who often relies on her swordsman ship more than her magic in battle. While Gravity Change is her ‘Ace in the Hole’, Kagura often fights with a sword which is usually sheathed, showing her mastery of swordsmanship doesn’t’ just apply to unsheathed blade, and Kagura has also shown great hand to hand combat skills and impressive strength, speed, immense magical power and durability.

Name: Laxus Dreyar
Magic: Lightning Magic, Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic, Fairy Law, Jutsu Shiki.

Laxus Dreyar is a 2nd Generation Dragon Slayer, The Grandson of Wizard Saint Makarov Dreyar and an S-Class mage in the Fairy Tail Guild. Boasting strong Lightning and Dragon Slaying Magic, Laxus has also been noted to have enhanced strength as well as great durability, endurance and dexterity.

Name: Lucy Heartfilia
Magic: Celestial Spirit Magic- Star Dress, Urano Metoria.

Lucy Heartfilia is a Celestial Spirit Mage from the Fairy Tail Guild. Boasting a wide variety of Spirits to summon and the Stardress to increase her own magical power as well as take on the power of the spirits, Lucy is proficient with whips in battle as well as being alright with hand to hand combat.

Name: Mard Geer Tartarus
Guild/Affiliation: Tartarus
Magic: Curses- Thorn Curse, Alegria, Memento Mori, Etherious Form

Mard Geer Tartarus is the substitute guild master of the Dark Guild ‘Tartarus.’ As one of the strongest ‘demons’ Zeref created, Mard boasts powerful curses which can immobilize his opponents as well as damage them greatly, and Mard also has shown impressive strength, speed, durability, dexterity and expertise in hand to hand combat.

Name: Mirajane Strauss
Magic: Take Over- Satan Soul, Satan Soul: Sitri, Satan Soul: Mirajane Seilah

Mirajane Strauss is an S Class Mage in the Fairy Tail Guild. Boasting strong magic in Satan Soul Take overs, Mirajane has also shown she is a master of hand to hand combat and has impressive strength, speed, durability, endurance and dexterity when using Take Over.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Laxus and Ajeel were auto-selections. Then I went Mard Geer and Jura.

I might consider Mirajane if she picks up some feats next chapter, which should be out before voting closes. Kagura unfortunately didn't get a fight in the south, I have a feeling she's probably close to Erza, but I have nothing to back that so I didn't consider her. Lucy also has some good skills and I expect her to be strong, but her combat feats so far aren't going to be much of a problem for the top 4.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Same as above :)

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Here are my votes in order:

1). Mard Geer
Only one spell is needed to explain why he takes the top spot, which is Memento Mori. Memento Mori could easily destroy everyone in this fight. All the participants in this fight have nothing to counter this spell. In other words, Mard Geer comes close to being undefeatable. I'd rank him Spriggan tier without a doubt. We shouldn't forget about Alegria, Thorn Curse and his Etherious form as well, since these are pretty powerful too. One thing is sure, Mard Geer is overpowered.

2). Mirajane
Mirajane has a major advantage in this fight thanks to Seilah Soul. Thanks to Macro, she could control a lot of opponents and easily overpower them. Her Satan Soul has a lot of powerful spells as well, since these have pretty high AoE and don't take a long time to cast. And then she has Sitri Soul, which outclasses everyone in this battle royale when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. She is very powerful when it comes to attack, speed, stamina and magic power.

3). Laxus
Even though I think Laxus will surpass Mirajane in a solo fight, I think he has less luck in a battle royale than Mirajane. In this battle royale, I'd put Laxus slightly under her. But still, Laxus attacks are really powerful and his speed and stamina surpasses the rest of his opponents in this fight. Laxus' attack against Ajeel was really high in AoE and would've defeated Ajeel if he was hit by it. Of course we shouldn't forget about Fairy Law and Red Lightning, because these spells are really strong as well. I don't think he will have time to cast Fairy Law though.

4). Lucy
Since the Celestial Spirit King isn't restricted here, Lucy is pretty overpowered. And yes, I do think she'll summon him, just because there is no other way she could survive this battle. The Celestial Spirit King his spells all have really high AoE. During the Tartaros arc, he overpowered Base Mard Geer. Once the Celestial Spirit King has been summoned, everyone is doomed. The only thing Lucy needs to do is to use her Aquarius Star Dress to create a Water Barrier to protect herself.

As for the remaining ones, I'd rank them as follow.

5). Jura
6). Kagura
7). Juvia
8). Ajeel

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
My votes :-
laxus-He is definetly the strongest here.He nearly one shotted Ajeel and defeated a Spriggan with lot of handicaps.
2)Mard Geer-He is definetly a low tier Spriggan level.Together with his Momento Mori and EF he is the second strongest here.
3)Ajeel-Third strongest here.His Sand World and Ant pit are quite dangerous here.He is a Spriggan mage.
4)Lucy-As Lucy can use CSK she is definetly the fourth strongest here.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Is Ajeel really 8th?

I can understand someone might not rate him 2nd like I did, but eighth, as in below Juvia???
Yes, I just really did xD.

Juvia would oneshot Ajeel. Since Juvia is the weakest mage in this fight, Ajeel would automatically be ranked below her.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Juvia would oneshot Ajeel. Since Juvia is the weakest mage in this fight, Ajeel would automatically be ranked below her.
That's a crazy choice imo :) Juvia's water magic should be helpful against Ajeel, though she's just so inferior that the advantage would be mitigated.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

I don't quite get this. How exactly is Juvia One shotting Ajeel? What does Juvia have that can even remotely compete with Sand World? Ajeel not being able to best her due to their elemental difference is one thing. Juvia beating Ajeel is an entirely different matter.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
1. Laxus. Easily the strongest person here, being able to take down a Spriggan while suffering through organ failure, and then take down Hades with relative ease.
2. Ajeel. The sheer AoE of Sand World is the largest in this battle.
3. Lucy (Using CSK). AoE not quite on par with Ajeel's, but does more upfront damage.
4. Mard Geer. Momento Mori has hype, I guess. Can match the Spirit King in close quarters combat.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just because Ajeel can be hurt by water doesn't mean Juvia can oneshot him. Ajeel is only vulnerable to water in the sense that everyone else is vulnerable to it. Juvia is still struggling with Zancrow, who doesn't hold a candle to Ajeel.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I don't quite get this. How exactly is Juvia One shotting Ajeel? What does Juvia have that can even remotely compete with Sand World? Ajeel not being able to best her due to their elemental difference is one thing. Juvia beating Ajeel is an entirely different matter.
Just because Ajeel can be hurt by water doesn't mean Juvia can oneshot him. Ajeel is only vulnerable to water in the sense that everyone else is vulnerable to it. Juvia is still struggling with Zancrow, who doesn't hold a candle to Ajeel.
Leave him, he doesn't get the concept of attack potency.
I should make myself clear.

As you can see, Erza used a water sword against Ajeel during their fight.

Erza only had to use a small water sword to do major damage to him. There was only needed a small amount of water to slice him.

Now imagine what would happen if Juvia used this attack against Ajeel.

To me it seems pretty obvious that Ajeel will die as soon as he is hit by Water Nebula.

And if Ajeel has time to use Sand World before Juvia attacks him, she could use her strongest attack to make an open field in Sand World.

Just like Erza could with her small water blade.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
1.) Laxus. He's obviously the strongest in this match up anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

2.) Ajeel. He the only other person who's Spriggan level and most of the others offense will be useless against him.

3.) Mira. I was tempted to put Mard but I'll give Mira the benifit of the doubt and assume she's grown above Mard.

4.) Mard Geer. Shouldn't need to explain.

Oh and the shit I've been in this thread already :lmao
1. Laxus. Easily the strongest person here, being able to take down a Spriggan while suffering through organ failure, and then take down Hades with relative ease.
2. Ajeel. Sheer AoE of Sand World, and Sands of Death.
3. Lucy (Using CSK). AoE not quite on par with Ajeel's, but does more upfront damage.
4. Mard Geer. Momento Mori has hype, I guess. Can match the Spirit King in close quarters combat.

Leave him, he doesn't get the concept of attack potency.

Kiki

S-Slave
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
At first I doubted who will be the 4. And then I saw there are Laxus, Ajeel, Mard Geer, Jura, Mira, and Kagura. I chose Laxus, Ajeel, Mard Geer, and Jura. I threw Kagura since she didn't impress me in this arc (or she just has yet to show her true power?). Same goes for Mira. As for Laxus, of course he advances. It needed CSK, Sting, Rogue, DF Natsu, and Gray with DeS magic to defeat Mard Geer, so I think he advances. Ajeel has Sand World and Sand Body. Sand World has huge AoE, it is not bad to weaken some opponents here. As for Jura, I'm going with hype given by Mira saying both Erza and her can't defeat him easily. Also Jura gave Laxus good fight back in GMG arc.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I should make myself clear.

As you can see, Erza used a water sword against Ajeel during their fight.

Erza only had to use a small water sword to do major damage to him. There was only needed a small amount of water to slice him.

Now imagine what would happen if Juvia used this attack against Ajeel.

To me it seems pretty obvious that Ajeel will die as soon as he is hit by Water Nebula.

And if Ajeel has time to use Sand World before Juvia attacks him, she could use her strongest attack to make an open field in Sand World.

Just like Erza could with her small water blade.
Water nebula didn't cut Meredy.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Water nebula didn't cut Meredy.
Is this so hard to understand. Water can cut through Ajeel since he has a sand body. Water is his weakness which is fact. He couldn't even take a small amount of water, since it already sliced him. Juvia's spells will kill him instantly.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is this so hard to understand. Water can cut through Ajeel since he has a sand body. Water is his weakness which is fact. He couldn't even take a small amount of water, since it already sliced him. Juvia's spells will kill him instantly.
Ajeel has a sand body because of his magic. He can just as easily stop using magic. Erza's Sea Empress sword is still a sword. Swords cut. The water has the effect of hardening his body so that it can be damaged by the cut. Water Nebula doesn't cut. Also, Juvia is not superior to Erza. Erza beat Juvia and Lisanna with Sea Empress armour back on Tenrou Island. It stands to reason that since Erza had more improvement than Juvia did since then as well, due to having second origin and just being a better mage overall. It takes Erza nothing less than Nakagami Starlight, her strongest armour, to take down Ajeel. No way is Juvia killing Ajeel with water nebula.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Welp, changing my votes.

1) Laxus - Easily the strongest here. Has shown great durability, offense and speed feats this arc.
2) Mard Geer Tartaros - Memento Mori is enough for everyone else here.
3) Lucy - Since she has grown stronger in this arc, I can assume when she summons CSK, he'll be even stronger.
4) Ajeel Ramal - Has great AOE with Sand World and his Sand Body is also durable. Not to mention he can drain the moisture out of everyone else's body in Sand World, thus killing them.

I am strongly tempted to replace Ajeel with Mirajane due to her macro and hype so someone please tell me which one it should be :).

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Welp, changing my votes.

1) Laxus - Easily the strongest here. Has shown great durability, offense and speed feats this arc.
2) Mard Geer Tartaros - Memento Mori is enough for everyone else here.
3) Lucy - Since she has grown stronger in this arc, I can assume when she summons CSK, he'll be even stronger.
4) Ajeel Ramal - Has great AOE with Sand World and his Sand Body is also durable. Not to mention he can drain the moisture out of everyone else's body in Sand World, thus killing them.

I am strongly tempted to replace Ajeel with Mirajane due to her macro and hype so someone please tell me which one it should be :).
If Hiro really said that Erza with her determination can defeat Mirajane then we should put Ajeel above Mirajane.

Status
Not open for further replies.