[gto0o] attempts Cleaning Challenge #02! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[gto0o] attempts Cleaning Challenge #02!

gto0o

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece

Although i suck at cleaning greys and this image was definetelly full of them i gave it a try...
Greys r impossible for me to fix...

Anyway i tried several methods at different parts of the page...
I used on the main part of the sword a pattern with lower opacity on it's layer and a second layer locked to it blackened with lowered opacity too. Thnx silveril 4 the hint ;)

I wasn't patient enough to do the same for the rest... so i mainly used the stamp, brush, blur tools. For black points i used the eraser with lowered opacity...

I didn't do much with the borders except the handle of the rightmost weapon...
with the guy on the center i selected his head and used brightness contrast to remove the greys..

Waiting for ur comments... and hints i guess ;)

silveril

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
oh, i dont want you to *fix* the gray.. i want you to *do* the gray.. and also.. do the gradient! it's almost as what i told you in the other topic, except on the black layer, use a gradient layer (black to grey.. or to white depends on what you want)
what pattern did you use? i think pattern 5 and 24 are the best ^.^
and please dont use the blur tool ^.^
as for the borders, they look better on the original raw! what did you do to them O.o
You also might want to resize that to 1100px before doing anything as you'll see better ^.^
oh and the guy in the mid's haid should be light gray, with the gradient at the upper part, and a white line going through! '(check the raw ~ keep a version of the resized raw before cleaning it so you can always check if you removed or add too much ;))