Guess Whitebeard's Bounty | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Guess Whitebeard's Bounty

DutchPhoenix

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
if there is already a topic about this, im really sorry but i couldnt find any , so i post this one =D

has anyone a idea what whitebeards or marco's bounty can be? =D

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Whitebeards Bounty, guess

No. Whitebeard and Marco's bounties, as well as those of Shanks, Roger, and a bunch of other people whose bounties we'd probably all like to see, are unknown. Unless they're in the Databooks somewhere, but they aren't mentioned in the series proper.

Freakzin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

don't forget ace's bounty i so wanna know his, oh Imirotar he wants us to guess i think not actually know it o.O

i guess... all younkous > 1,000,000 and Whitebeard the strongest man, i guess 1,600,000

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

don't forget ace's bounty i so wanna know his, oh Imirotar he wants us to guess i think not actually know it o.O

i guess... all younkous > 1,000,000 and Whitebeard the strongest man, i guess 1,600,000
Luffy is 300,000,000 so i guess you meant: all yonkous > 1,000,000,000 and whitebeard 1,600,000,000. :p

DutchPhoenix

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

i think wb is around 900.000

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

I think that he's somewhere between the 1b-2b

Azhrael

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy

i dont think that gorousei put a bounty on younkou head, simply cuz they are too strong for every men under their control, and so is usefull to put a bounty when noone can have their heads...

The only way for younkou to be killed is by someone that is not under wolrd government control, probably luffy, but if someone outside wg will kill younkou will not do it for thier bounty, but instead only to became pirate king. That'r the motivation of mugiwara and black beard, in my opinion the only one that could defeat a yonkou.

That's why i think that noone of younkou have bounty on their heads

MDLatqp

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I have to disagree. I've always thought the yonkou were pirates that started out like many others; unworthy of note. And, over time, they grew in strength and prominence and notoriety until they reached the points they find themselves in today. So, they would have, no doubt, been assigned bounties at some point along their rise to fame. And as they became more and more of a threat to the world government, no doubt their bounty rose along with it. Now it is possible that once the world government officially decided to label them as yonkou that their bounties were removed or were raised to infinity or something like that. Maybe the world government feels that there's a better way to label them as extraordinarily dangerous than simply giving them a huge bounty? But personally, I'm pretty positive they've had bounties before, and most likely still do.

All that said, I'd put Whitebeard's at the top (duh), and like Absulutio, I like somewhere in the 1-2 billion range. But who knows though? It could be closer to 10 or even 100 billion. I donno if the world government can afford that given the state of the world and what it's GDP might be, but I doubt that'll ever really be brought up :)

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

I agree with MDLatqp.
Also I don't think that the WG removed their bounties. Even if they are part of the strongest, there can always be someone stronger, or someone that will become stronger. The bounty can motivate many people to get strong enough so they can help the WG and get rid of the Yonkous.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, I think MDatqp is right. The Yonkou are pirates, so they have bounties. Just they're extremely strong pirates, so they have extremely high bounties. Though we don't know how strong 2 of them are. We don't even know who two of them are.

Azhrael

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy

ok i explained myself bad...
i think that when wg claimed yonkou with this title, they decided to took off every kind of bounty on their head, for the reason that i already explained.
They surely had some bounty on their head, cuz they where pirates, but i dont think that their last bounty could ever rappresent their strenght. Let me explain: luffy get his bounty raised from 100 mln to 300 mln, and i think similar thing happened to yonkou when they were "normal" pirates...they had their bounties raised not million by million, but hundred millions by hundred millions, but in the end, when wg set on thema bounty that probably is higer than everyon under government control, also shichibukai, they stopped putting bounty on them and claimed them yonkou.
About the thing that if u have an higher bounty someone will have to increase his strenght to defeat u, when they were "named" yonkou, they also gained an unofficial control over the 2nd part of grand line...and in my opinion i think that is enought to train myself and fight against this sea's god.

hollowfied

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Bounty not really a measure of strength.

For example, Crocodile was REALLY strong but he only had a bounty of 81 million because he wasn't much of a threat to the WG.

Whilst Nico Robin even as a child of 8 had a bounty of 79 million belli.

And I think Mr 3 had a higher bounty then Mr 2, despite the fact that Mr 2 is definitely stronger.

Last edited:

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

Yea, hollowfied is right (nice seeing you back here btw ;) ), but bounty does generally help at most cases measure the strength of the pirate.
Another good example for bounty not representing strength will be BlackBeard. He had 0 bounty, and defeated Ace (probably) which supposes to have a huge bounty, being WB's 2nd division captain, and even granted the title of Shichibukai.
And I still don't think that the WG will remove the bounties of the Yonkous. If they do, bounty hunters would not want to get their heads (in w/e way they want). Not only pirates can defeat pirates.. Even marines can get the bounty of pirates if they turn them in, so having such a huge bounty will also represent their standings, and will tempt strong people to defeat them or get stronger so they can defeat them.

noonethere

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius

I think WB maximum bounty is 87,340,000,000(i used the bounty of gill bastar of Wanted!)

It may be true that the WG may have removed the bounty of the yonkou since they help maintain the balance of power which the WG want to preserve(atleast for the moment).

From what i understood, the 4 yonkou monitor the pirates in the new world and the defeat of one of them will cause more pirates to enter the new world(which is what the WG is trying to prevent) A bounty causes the bounty holder to be the prey of bounty hunters and pirates and removing it reduces the number of attacks on them.

Nevertheless, even if a yonkou is defeated, there is the possibility of making the winner replace the defeated yonkou.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

It's important to know that the yonkous, unlike the shichibukai, were not granted their title "officialy" by the WG. It's not like one day you're a very strong pirate, and the next day you're a yonkou. The yonkous are more like nickname titles given to the 4 strongest pirates crew in the world. The WG didn't one day decide "umm, they're strong, let's take off their bounties and declare them Yonkous - emperors of the new world, giving them official acknowledge from the authority of the world, coz that will be just wrong. They're doing this with the Shichibukai, not the Yonkous. Yonkou is a title much like "pirate king", and I really doubt that the WG removed Roger's bounty.

hollowfied

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

What probably happened was that after the chaos of Gol D Roger's death, thousands of pirates took to the seas. Some of the stronger ones survived the first part of the Grand line (in fact some of them probably started off there), and arrived in the New World. There are probably natural creatures and phenomenan (however you spell that) that are strong enough to keep the average pirate away from the New World. Eventually, 4 main pirate crews arose above the others, either destroyed or assimilated all the other pirates and grew in strength until they became incredibly powerful. And so the WG decided to give them the nickname of Yonkou. Because they were so powerful, the WG themselves were not able to keep them in check, whilst capturing other pirates and battling revolutionaries as well as keeping the law in the four seas, and so they formed the Shichibukai to help them.

Absolutio - good to be back. Sad to see Impel Down still banned though. =(

Check out my thread Three Powers. =)

KyleUchiha

Reaction score
Country
United States

I would think WB would have to be at least 1 Billion if not two billion. Considering how legendary he is in the world of One Piece, Oda would have to give him an impressive bounty, if not one the highest bounties in the whole manga.

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

WB is considered the strongest man in existance right now, yet bounties are not actually an indication of strength, but an indication of danger to the WG. Whatever bounty WB possesses will be eclipsed by Dragon's bounty. Still, I'd say WB's bounty is at least 750, 000, 000 berries considering his current position and influence.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

I doubt that he has something "low" as 750m, he's the strongest pirate in the world, and does make a threat to the WG, being one of the yonkous, 4 pirate crews which have actually power equal to that of the WG's, and that's without them being allied. He then should have a much higer bounty.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Well, I doubt that Dragon would have any more than a 2b bounty, so Whitebeard should be around 1.5-1.8 billion I think.