Archived Hangout Thread v.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
May day is what you think it is, it's a bank holiday on the first monday of May.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Except May Day is celebrated on the 1st of May traditionally, bank holdiay this time is not on the 1st of May, but still a public holiday.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Not first monday but first day of May. Read the links in my other post Katy, it explains the holiday :amuse
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
We know what the holiday is eni. :mad He was referring to the bank holiday on Monday. in England we get a public holiday for May day which isn't on the 1st of May as it got moved.
 

Matthew

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hey guys!

I wanted to ask a question.

A few weeks ago, a girl that i recently met needed a date for an upcoming wedding. So she asked me, and I politely accepted the invitation. But here is my issue.

Now I have to the follow the rule : Don't look better than the groom!

Just wondering, should I wear a typical suit or a tux?

Thanks!!


okies, well i'll be back to see if anyone answered! Heading to the university! :) I'm Part of this SOS team, introducing grade 12's or FOH (Fresh off HIghschool) students.
 
Last edited:

Fortisdiablos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
84
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Better off with a regular suit.

Tuxedos don't work unless everyone is wearing one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Hahahahaha, I remember that rule :XD

Friends of the groom made fun of it and came in trashy clothes after the ceremony (as a play on the bridal couple, they changed back to suits later). Oh, memories :rofl

If that's the wedding's only 'dress code' than just wear a regular suit.

Tuxedo only when the bridal couple specified formal evening attire for the wedding (called 'black tie' on invitations, if I remember correct). But seeing that a wedding includes the ceremony as well as the ('drink and dance') party, most prefer it a little more comfortable for their guests.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
OMG doesn't anyone watch House M.D here? How sad. :(
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
no......hate all the guts and stuff.

But I watch Fringe...New show, very interesting but strangely has the same amount of guts as House. meh, it's the mystery that makes it kewl.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
House is just too good, too many epic moments in the latest episode, Hugh Laurie FTW, simply a great written show.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
House is probably one of the best shows ever made.
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yep yes it is... ^_^

whataaaa... you are back O_O ... :XD... welcome back man... time to change your location...
 

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
hmm to think about it, Dr.House's personality is so very fitting to T.D.A's personality.

Which is a compliment, by the way.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Total agreement here; House is absolutely amazing. UNfortunately I've missed the last episode or two due to work, but good God, Hugh Laurie is a friggin genius. Put House and Wilson together and the episode is made for me xD
 

Ascension

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
98
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hm, I should theoretically have party tomorrow evening. It's April 30, so it's Walpurgis Night and there are plenty of parties ('Dance into May') and bonfires allover Germany through the night. But possible can't leave the kids alone, so... meh. Guess, I'll have to wait for May Day itself and attend one of the festivals with the kids together :p

Could technically attend one of the demonstrations as well... hmm... ah no >.<
bonfire parties are the best. You know when people are feeling it when they start disappearing into the woods from time to time all sweaty and hair all messy.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Total agreement here; House is absolutely amazing. UNfortunately I've missed the last episode or two due to work, but good God, Hugh Laurie is a friggin genius. Put House and Wilson together and the episode is made for me xD
You better catch up, the season just got better and better.

"Fight the power!" :yelling
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I know, I know D: I've been busy studying for finals, but I'll take the time tonight to watch them :3 I'm behind on Bones too, which is ridic because the episodes have been getting better and better lately xD I'm behind on NCIS too >___> Notice a pattern? And OMG, I'm getting behind on General Hospital too D: Thank God for my DVR<3
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
OMG you're talking about House. -_- I stopped downloading about ep. 5 of the latest season, I think. I should get to watching again. It's just that I have my priorities you know? like, new anime. :oh
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Pft. I barely wathc anime anymore :/ I get bored so easily. I watched the first two episodes of FMA and stopped because TokyoToshokan stopped friggin working! The eps I have to download have to be mpeg4 because I have a mac and am too lazy to get the correct file adaptors to watch mkv and avi and whatver.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you know, toshokan is still up and running. just replace the .com with .info. >.>

and... there's a new one, LH. Higashi no Eden. watch it. I really think you'll like it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top