Archived Hangout Thread v. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Welcome to MH's General Hang-out Thread. We have now reached v. 16.

This is the place for all your random non-otaku anythings. Like, you know, hanging out. -_-;

For other specific discussions though, please go to their respective threads:
  • For otaku-related topics, proceed to the Otaku cafe.
  • For manga and anime recommendations and "looking for" queries, proceed here.
  • For other entertainment discussions (video games, comics, movies, tv, sports etc.) proceed here.
  • For fun and games, proceed to the Fun Forums.
  • For world topic/political discussions, proceed here.
Standard MH rules apply: no bashing and flaming. No spoilers outside spoiler threads. Please avoid "twittery" posts as much as possible. Because, well, we do care. Spam posts will be dealt with accordingly --> :laser





​
Ahem. Now all that's said and done, let's all start the chillaxin'! :confetti :thumbs :beer :confetti
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Hang-out Thread v. 16

First Post

yay, had the last post at the old one too:XD
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hang-out Thread v. 16

Sarry it was really sad on what happened to Teresa, she is so strong!

You know the claire who hanged about with Teresa, is it the main protagonist
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Hang-out Thread v. 16

. . . there is a claymore section, if I recall? :notrust
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Hang-out Thread v. 16

Here you go Ren, the forum for Claymore.
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=750

It seems to not have a lot of people, but the discussions are mostly heavy and detailed.

Teresa was great, both character design and powers, but Priscilla gets better later on....
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hang-out Thread v. 16

Babyboysai, what would be the point in going on the thread if there all on the recent chapter therefore it will spoil me
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, that's a good point, plus a claymore discussion here will probably end in about 10 or 15 posts, since there wouldn't much to discuss, no?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
I do not even know what that manga is about.

All the manga I've read I can easily count on one hand: Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, few chapters of Bakuman and One Piece until Arlong Park :rofl
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Lol..me too, I got to Arlong Park, then took a prolonged break from reading One piece...

Also, if you like well-made fighting, and fantasy-like creatures, Claymore is a good manga for that...:amuse
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well there *is* a claymore hangout thread for non-chapter-centric discussions. Except nobody's been hanging around there for a while :sweatdrop Besides, there are many character-specific discussions in the forums. you could talk about teresa there.


Well guys, it might be a good time to explore MH more- and find that there are thousands of manga out there. Hell, eni's reading list alone has reached a thousand, methinks :p

or maybe it's time you guys tried other genre- not just shounen. Seinen, shoujo, josei... clicky-clicky!
 
Last edited:

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
So what are we going to talk about because everything that seems like "hanging out" has got its own specific thread. Anyone....?

Eni is a manga freak :p I looked at it once, I didnt make it past the first 100
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I dunno man. There was a time when I actually spent time in the Hangout threads (v.10-ish) and it was pretty good. we just talked about... stuff. :p

this thread is for random anythings anyway.

speaking of random stuff, I've actually recently grown into an active individual when just this week I started an extreme diet and got too weak and hungry to do any physical stuff. Now I realize I've been either sitting in front of the computer, or lying down watching anime and reading manga for a WHOLE WEEK and my muscles are kinda tense and edgy now like- they wanna do something and I don't feel too good about it.

but right now I can't go out because it's almost midnight where I'm at. I'd have wanted to just run out this atrophy or something and get back on track.

screw diets. :noworry
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Diets is silly, the only people who should go on diets are the people who really need it. The best option for losing wieght is either lowering poportions of food or even going swimming! (or getting fit:p)
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Lol, swimming is awesome...never had it for diets, never tried them, but I didn't need to.

Lately, I have been weight training, and I think the results are beginning to show...hmmm

lol, it's been 8 hours since I have been awake....<_>:spaz:......(it is 11 am now....)
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Well guys, it might be a good time to explore MH more- and find that there are thousands of manga out there. Hell, eni's reading list alone has reached a thousand, methinks :p
1224 out of today, not counting those not listed at MU :oh

But you have to see that half of those are merely oneshots and one volume manga. Maybe 1/5 are long series of more then 12 volumes.

So, while you can say that I've read one shounen (Inuyasha) which had 56 volumes. You can also say that I've read 56 yaoi which had all just one volume. The number really merely goes for the title, not for the actual volume amount of each series.

Eni is a manga freak :p I looked at it once, I didnt make it past the first 100
Unlike a 'freak', I have a very healthy offline social life but thank you >.>

The difference here is that I prefer reading a broad variety of manga through all genre and target audiences and not spend several days doing in-depth discussion on a soon-to-be-forgotton detail of a single series.

While the guys over at the Naruto section still discuss on the genetic factors of the Sharingan, I have already read a whole manga on a genetic mutation running wild <.<

As for a topic we can discuss here, how about your daily schedule? Are you a student? Or working already? How's your generic day looking and what will you have for lunch/dinner today? >.>
 
Last edited:

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I am a stundent. Soon about to do my last exam and then off to collegue so I am young. My dinner, i don't even know what my mum will cook me tonight. Who knows!

As I have a day off before going to revise for the upcoming test I will read mangas all day. Tonight I will hopefull catch up to Claymore, and maybe if I have time I will try to catch up on one piece(im only on chapter 23 on one piece I have got long to go :p)
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
ok... so there is Berserk and Claymore on my to read list now :amuse

hm yeah, it seems eni has already read everything!!! (besides Onepiece XD) But she's also older so.. :rolleyes:
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I have to take my xbox to the store :crying, all I can do to drown my sorrows is read mangas. IM A MANGAHOLIC! Eni is a BINGE MANGAHOLIC lol
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What happened to the Xbox?
Three rings of death???
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Nah for some reason the disk reader isn't reading the disk, I tried different games so it wasn't the games and i also cleaned the disk so there was no dust

I haven't played it ina few months due to my exams and this happens to me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top