Archived Hangout Thread v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I know, for a while there it was looking like some four-way convos or somethin, but glad most guys are back...
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I was reloading it earlier to see if anyone replied, and no one did, then all of a sudden BAM 3 PAGES OF REPLIES!!!!!!!!
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I get pissed because I can't play too loud music at 2AM (live in an appartment building, so people complain). And I find THAT a pain in the ass. I feel sorry for you, man.
Eh. I can sympathize with the attendants. I wouldn't want loud music keeping me awake. But, what you/me/they define is loud is totally different. So eh.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
So goldb, were you doing something like this:


on Valentine's day?? :D​

:modsmack:modsmack:modsmack​

:modsmack:modsmack:modsmack​

'Twas a joke, no hard feelings. :p
 

strawhatsarah

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
75
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
United States
This almost seems like a huge chat convo on a chat program, rather than a message board. It's good.

I'm sitting here at my university before I start work... hungry, wanting to sleep, cold, and knowing I have so many things to do this week... BUT I'm on MangaHelpers reading posts and now participating in chatting... interesting. I may be setting myself up for disaster with all the things I have to do.

Does anyone here work? And if so, are you allowed to read manga/watch anime at your job? I can... I'm a student assistant, which means I sit at a desk on my computer for hours... :P
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Still jobless. D= I'm turning in my app today for a candy store though. Hopefully that works out. But if I do get hired, I won't be able to read manga on the job. =P
 

strawhatsarah

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
75
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
United States
OMG candy! If you do, please send some along... especially sour candies :D
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I WORK AND USE MH ALL THE TIME!!!!
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dive what state do you live in??
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
OMG candy! If you do, please send some along... especially sour candies :D
I definitely could if the job does go through. =P I hardly even like candy, haha!

@Gcat: Indiana.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Eh. I can sympathize with the attendants. I wouldn't want loud music keeping me awake. But, what you/me/they define is loud is totally different. So eh.
It's not that loud... I can go into the other room and not hear it. Then again, the lady who complained also complained about me vacuuming at 6PM..

I want some junk food. :darn
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
COOL!!!!!!!!
Who here lives in a city that has less than 100,000 people; considered a small city.
Who here prefers a big city??
 

strawhatsarah

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
75
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Gui, you know where I live, so for the sake of everyone else I'll tell them: hick-town central. I live in a place called Davie, my house is in a community that's right next to a cow pasture. I'm used to seeing people ride horses on the sidewalks.

I prefer these small cities, however, I know with my job preference I will have to live in huge ones. :(
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's not that loud... I can go into the other room and not hear it. Then again, the lady who complained also complained about me vacuuming at 6PM..
Oh. You got an old hag next to you. That sucks. I totally don't have any empathy anymore. If it weren't for the fact you can get evicted, I'd tell you to crank that shit up. =P

COOL!!!!!!!!
Who here lives in a city that has less than 100,000 people; considered a small city.
Who here prefers a big city??
They both have their perks. I love going to Chicago to see my aunt, but smaller towns are more quieter. My city, Fort Wayne, is kinda in the middle. I wouldn't consider 200k a lot of people, but it's not small. There's a lot of open areas, so I don't have to drive miles to avoid streetlights to see the stars or something.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
This almost seems like a huge chat convo on a chat program, rather than a message board. It's good.

I'm sitting here at my university before I start work... hungry, wanting to sleep, cold, and knowing I have so many things to do this week... BUT I'm on MangaHelpers reading posts and now participating in chatting... interesting. I may be setting myself up for disaster with all the things I have to do.

Does anyone here work? And if so, are you allowed to read manga/watch anime at your job? I can... I'm a student assistant, which means I sit at a desk on my computer for hours... :P
Well, though we're a little more lenient with spam and such here in the Hangout thread, it really shouldn't be used as a chat board. Please keep the one-liners to a minimum, guys. ;)

Don't forget if anyone wants to chat in real time, we have webchat. :nuts

And on the subject of MH'ing at work, I do it using my phone. Haven't been caught so far. :smile-big
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One Liners are pointless, but can we have short convos??
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Dive said:
Oh. You got an old hag next to you. That sucks. I totally don't have any empathy anymore. If it weren't for the fact you can get evicted, I'd tell you to crank that shit up. =P
And ooh, would I love to do that. Put the speakers of both my computer and stereo against her wall, put on some brutal metal shit that I don't even listen to, and just turn it up to 11. *feels good just thinking about it*

On the other topic:

I live in a city with about 33 000 people (50 000 if you count all the little "suburb"-ish thingies). I do prefer being in a big city, but I think I like living in a smaller one like I am now better.. Not too small, though. I go to school in a city with barely 10 000 inhabitants and my parents live in an even smaller town (≈ 6000 ppl) and both of those are just too dead. At least where I live there is somewhat of what one might call entertainment. :p

And on yet another topic:

I'm not working, but I'm on Mangahelpers in school pretty often. Usually I'm only on Facebook or news sites, though. Oh, and sometimes I listen to the teachers' lectures, as well. Sometimes. :eyeroll
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
That is what i noticed. We, humans, want a place where we can have our own space, small city, but also a place where we can easily socialize, big city, and its hard to chose one over the other. I prefer a medium city;example, city of 100,000-250,000. Good size, must be developed, and theres always someone free.

You must have a good phone!!!
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
City of 250 000 is considered a big city here in Sweden, though; only 3 cities in the entire country have that many people (and only 2 more have over 100 000), so what you consider a medium city is probably wayyyy too big for me to ever live in. :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top