Archived Hangout Thread v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I love what V says!!
Remember remember, the fifth of november, the gunpowder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V's introduction to Evey (In simpler words) Behold! Before you is a humble stage performer, cast, against his will, by the whims of fate, to the roles of both victim and villain. The face you see now is not just some meaningless costume. It is a remnant of the People's Voice, which has since gone and disappeared. However, this past annoyance stands courageously reborn and has sworn to conquer the evil and corrupt, who promote greed and the violent suppression of free will. The only choice is vengeance; a personal war held as a promise, but not in vain, for the importance and self-evidence of this quest shall one day exonerate the watchful and the righteous. But in truth, this thick soup of words has become too excessive. So, let me simply finish by saying that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V.~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQyqx1K495U

Awesome film. :D
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
:chair, that's what I'll do to u if that ever happens...

@gcat: thanks for that!!!

quick question, what's everyones favourite comic book adaptation?
X-Men :tem
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Honestly i LOVE X-Men but it isnt no where close to as good as the comics. I think the only movie that was a comic first that i really liked is V for Vendetta. Dont get me wrong the other movies were good, but they arent any even close to the comics.
 

strawhatsarah

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
75
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Honestly i LOVE X-Men but it isnt no where close to as good as the comics. I think the only movie that was a comic first that i really liked is V for Vendetta. Dont get me wrong the other movies were good, but they arent any even close to the comics.
You've never seen the Watchmen... bloody brilliant... you never saw it because YOU NEVER WANTED TO. Ahem. :eyeroll
 

shinsengumi

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
1,443
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
i cant say "fav" because x-men is the only comic adaptation i ever liked. -batman begins- is also fine and no more ..
spiderman you ask?? just kill me

.............
ups so sorry,1 more , how could i ever forget
SPAWN that is :noworry
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
i cant say "fav" because x-men is the only comic adaptation i ever liked. -batman begins- is also fine and no more ..
spiderman you ask?? just kill me
with pleasure :guns:laser
Anyone seen Sin City? that's a very good adaptation...Watchmen was good too. I need to remember more then I'll give a definite answer *leaves*
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I did watch Sin City. I actually found that movie is some kind of odd. Not so into movies like that to be honest.
However Jessica Alba made it totally worth watching.

Fantastic Four anyone? :D
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Fantastic Four movies were lame. =P

Sin City is probably my favorite adaption. Thankfully Rodriguez is finally working on the prequel. I wonder what he's gonna do for Shellie though, since Murphy passed away.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that's what is kinda slowing down the movement of the film because her character plays a very important in a few chapters of the next movie, so they'll have to replace her with another actress...
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Honestly i LOVE X-Men but it isnt no where close to as good as the comics. I think the only movie that was a comic first that i really liked is V for Vendetta. Dont get me wrong the other movies were good, but they arent any even close to the comics.
Of course they aren't gonna be like the comics lol otherwise no one would really watch it. The best X-Men film was Wolverine, no doubt. That was done very well.

Spider-man series was just :facepalm
 

strawhatsarah

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
75
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ughh... woke up with a terrible stomach ache. I wish I could stay in bed all day but I have a class at 9:30! Why does it seem like class always enjoys getting in the way of unforeseen circumstances...
 

shinsengumi

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
1,443
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Sin City was very good, stylish !! but it was hard to watch for some people because it was kinda experimental how the director tried to creat the actual atmosphere and the feeling of a comic book .. yet very successful imo

but when talking about the comic adaptations,its better to seperate those with supernatural powers and the others because those films require top quality special effects,otherwise they wont be affective. for x-men , well i like them in the end but they would be much more glorious with better effects. i'm talking about huge money here
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
well if i kick all the adaptions(comics books games etc) to 1 basket, the best one out there is Lord Of the Rings, it was frigging awesome though it excluded a lot but nevertheless it was as perfect as an adaptation can be
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
As far as adaptions go I'd have to say Old Boy. :nod
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
LOTR is probably the best adaption from any kinda book. Maybe the worst I've seen is Daredevil? can anyone top that?
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I heard that was a really terrible film, but I haven't seen it so I can't give my personal comments on that.
I was actually surprised when I watched it. I wasn't expecting much from it but for it to be as bad as it was, I could barely bring myself to finish watching it. I actually had to be drunk, not only because I wanted to.:barf
 

Strider's♥Death

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
260
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I missed you Pirate the pirate-doooooo D: I was cutting myself for everyday I didnt see u here.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I missed you Pirate the pirate-doooooo D: I was cutting myself for everyday I didnt see u here.
If you think emo-tactics is a way to get me to be more active here then you clearly don't know me at all. -_-;

And Pirate-Doooooo? :blink
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top