Discussion Height

Which height to you prefer on Edited Mangas?

  • 1600

    Votes: 14 18.7%
  • 1400

    Votes: 16 21.3%
  • 1300

    Votes: 7 9.3%
  • 1200

    Votes: 31 41.3%
  • Don't Care.

    Votes: 7 9.3%

  • Total voters
    75

Xiphias

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
93
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well a discussion came up about height that Edited Mangas should be. It really doesn't matter to me but I wanna see what you guys think. One that wins is what height I'll release from now on in NCIS.
 
Last edited:

boredom

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2007
Messages
74
Reaction score
178
Gender
Male
Country
Bermuda
most ppl's res are around the 1200-1300 mark with their WS monitors and anything larger than that it a waste of space... just like x
 

xinan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Screw 1600...
1200-1300 at max.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I don't really mind, since I set my width to 800px. :D
 

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India
I don't mind either, as long as the bubbles don't get small and eventually cause the text size to be reduced from what it should actually be.
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
There is always a drop in quality when you go down to 1200px i'm for around 1300-1400px. It's not too big and the detail still remains.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
1,600.

I like bigger pages. Plus, the further time passes, the bigger things will be.

How many groups do you see resizing mangas to 800px? or 1,000px? Almost none, because we've evolved from that. Heck, the groups scanning at 1,100px are very few.
 

Xiphias

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
93
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
1,600.

I like bigger pages. Plus, the further time passes, the bigger things will be.

How many groups do you see resizing mangas to 800px? or 1,000px? Almost none, because we've evolved from that. Heck, the groups scanning at 1,100px are very few.
Yea the biggest argument I've seen is file size. But some projects I do (40 pagesor kure-nai or 20 pages of curry) at 1600 and 1300 height are usually around the same file size. When it makes the little difference I just keep it at 1600. If you have that much problem with space go out and buy a 1tb drive for like $100-200.

If you downloaded every seinen/shounen/josei/shoujo/****** from mangaupdates (11611 series) and all of them had 5 volumes at 50mb it would be almost 3tb.
 
Last edited:

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I go for 1100px.
 

Miken-chan

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
146
Reaction score
123
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's usually dependent on what raws I get:
800-900 = LQ raws
1200 = resized HQ/MQ raws
1500 = very large HQ raws

I like larger images mostly because my vision's horrible and it's easier for me to work with larger images.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
1200
 

Jinoh

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
365
Reaction score
249
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
1200 here too
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
1600, screens and HD's are getting bigger, and there is more details for colourist such as me :p
 

magicbulletgirl

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
171
Reaction score
107
Gender
Female
Country
United States
1400 and unless you have a super huge screen (in which case the money could have probably been used on something cooler like actual manga) that's enough.
 

Kazi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
858
Reaction score
56
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
1300-1400 px is the best, but i could also read 1600 or more ... but then the file size is to big ... i prefer 1400 but 1200 is also okay if i can read the small text
 

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I hate 1600px its to big. 1200-1400px is perfect.
 

Klamath

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
54
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer 1600. If it's too big you can scale down with no loss.
Remember, screens are getting higher res all the time too :)
 

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
My res is 1440x900 and its still to wide for that. Its just annoying plus I am used to 1200px.
 

ACE_88

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
1200 or 1100 px
 

rolobio

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
United States
1400px
 
Top