Discussion - Help me with my experiment | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Help me with my experiment

laughing@you

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Vegitto said:
This could be a new project we'd do. The Naruto -> Comic Project :P. Okay, what I want you to do is read the following pages (chapter 315, page 14), and tell me which one reads the nicest. Also, why.

Thanks in advance.

Normal:
http://vegittoslair.atothosting.com/comic/normal.jpg
Edited:
http://vegittoslair.atothosting.com/comic/edit.jpg
I didn't notice you inverted the sequence in order to fit US reading style. But I read them the same. I like altered version cuz feels like normal comics.

But then again I get confused cuz I still follow the sequence from right to left!!

Its being so long reading manga that I still keep reading it that way!

Yoshitsune

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i got disoriented for a bit there....
I'm so used to the first kind though..

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Original to win...you should leave it as it is...also like 99% of the people are used to japanese reading already and they will just get confused everytime they read you release...also you somehow change everything...even its just inverting :/

Vegitto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, a local bookshopkeep told me that most of the kids leave the store bitching about how the TV-series comics (aka, manga) are inverted. So I assumed that we, the Naruto-Editing community, could reach a greater croud by also providing US and European eyes with what they're used to.

If you can't understand what I'm saying, neither can I :p.

gnutte

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I prefer the first one.

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Vegitto said:
Well, a local bookshopkeep told me that most of the kids leave the store bitching about how the TV-series comics (aka, manga) are inverted. So I assumed that we, the Naruto-Editing community, could reach a greater croud by also providing US and European eyes with what they're used to.

If you can't understand what I'm saying, neither can I :p.
You know what...these kids are probably 10 years old...if they dont like the way you have to read it then they should read other comics... >_<

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
des said:
You know what...these kids are probably 10 years old...if they dont like the way you have to read it then they should read other comics... >_<
woo..down boy!!

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
des said:
hm what ???
Sorry i'm at work and had to leave for a moment and couldn't finish the post. :p

But in fact there is no age limit to who's watching naruto. Its probably be a good idea to expand the kind of people watching the naruto manga. There many people that start watching the anime and then jump to the manga. (umm..me for instance).

But then again nobody in this forum is making profit by it either, so it would more likely the moderators call on what to do!

I will support it if they continue to do it. It brings a challenge for those who are managing the graphics on this manga.

tamachan3

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In panels with more than one text bubble, if you invert the panels you would also have to invert the text bubbles inside. Like in the first panel, kakashi says "those matched with wind are good with wind element jutsu, lightning with lightning element." before he says "chidori is a lightning element jutsu, for example." So in the second page its wrong. But I think most people, me included, prefer and are used to the japanese style. Keeping it that way would make those complaning kids learn a little bit more about japanese culture.. even though its not really that important a part of culture.. :blink And if they complain, then its just their bad.

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
laughing@you said:
Sorry i'm at work and had to leave for a moment and couldn't finish the post. :p

But in fact there is no age limit to who's watching naruto. Its probably be a good idea to expand the kind of people watching the naruto manga. There many people that start watching the anime and then jump to the manga. (umm..me for instance).

But then again nobody in this forum is making profit by it either, so it would more likely the moderators call on what to do!

I will support it if they continue to do it. It brings a challenge for those who are managing the graphics on this manga.
Hehe, well there is no age limit for the people who are watching/reading naruto...but for general if you buy mangas they tell you in which order you have to read it. Also its hard for me to understand why someone would be bitching around because he cant read his usual way of reading. Also if you're interesed in mangas then everything will be in that order and you will get used to it after reading the first chapters.

hiko

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It makes no difference what orientation it is afaic, but I suppose you should leave it in the Japanese orientation as that's how everyone here is used to reading Naruto now.

Also, you really should use a smaller font so that the words remain well within the speech bubbles. If that font doesn't look so good at a smaller size then i suggest using ComicCraft's wildwords. (I can send you the font if you don't have it)

Vegitto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, this is my 3rd or 4th Edited Manga, I just have to get used to everything. But if you have the font, please send it :).

vegitto@densa.demon.nl

angry

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I prefer right to left.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, the first is definitely preferable, because it's more in the spirit of how the author wanted to represent his work. Most of the manga-reading community on the internet will tell you they prefer it right to left. The people who prefer left to right are like how I used to be once before actually getting absorbed into a manga story, they are just used to English reading patterns and they're just complaining because Japanese patterns are not what they're used to. But definitely keep it original; most people (and 10 yr kids, lol) will see the light eventually.