Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

BurnSchulz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
In some of the early Manga Volumes i have there were some scomments from Him claiming that he often got help by his Wife who is the mangaka of Sailor Moon.
There were some Scribbles of him drawing Sailor Moon or her drawing gon.
Followed by several other scribbles of him drawing certain other shonen jump heroes (like Naruto and stuff).

I dont know if he is still married to her or not but i guess more support wouldnt be bad. Oda also has a crew of workers who do stuff like shading and or editing his work.
Being Mangaka is also very hard work. I once saw a week Plan from Oda and at some time he only sleept like 4 hours a day.

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've heard people talk about all types of answers for this dilemma. And i agree, Hxh could go really far, Gon's personality is far from developed, we have to discover the New continent. I'm infinitely intrigued by Beyond Netero, if nothing else he'd be as strong as his father was in his youth probably. There's a time skip hanging in the sidelines somewhere, all characters return stronger and older.

And honestly, I always had the feeling that Kuripika was going to be a villain at some point, he seemed to be growing more and more infested with bad vibes towards the cut offs. It'd be interesting to see one of the main cast become a villain, i just hope he isn't talk no jutsu'd out of his plans like a certain naruto villain *cough*

Many fans have been jokingly suggesting that he gives the Artistic production over to another season'd artist and stay around for story boarding. He'd do a lot less work over all and with him overlooking production he'd be able to at least push the storyline along. It sounds alright, but I'm sure there are legal grey areas that he'd land in letting someone else produce the work that he wouldn't want to be in.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So what are your bets, when will he be back?
I assume January-February
He will probably want to spend new year with his family and then proceed to work again

Nii

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Next serialization round for Shounen Jump:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=52119949&postcount=174

From 2ch:

◆4DxaiZ24UM @転載は禁止:2014/11/02(日) 21:21.01 ID:BNQ68ubf0
新連載
鳥山:亀仙人主人公のギャグ漫画らしい
池本:ナルトのスピンオフ
岡本:BRAIN BREAKER
ハンタ再開
の4in

打ち切りは塩・ヨアケ・コンドル

New serialization :

Toriyama ( Akira I supposed, Mr Dragon Ball ): Gag manga, Master Roushi as a Protagonist.
Ikemoto : A Naruto spinoff. ( Likely Mikio Ikemoto, one of Kishi's assistant. )
Okemoto : BRAIN BREAKER
The return of HUNTER
It seems so obviously fake (the news isn't confirmed yet), but one can dream I guess. Would be great if he returns, but better keep hopes low for now....

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
It could be, after all Naruto ended.

Riyuki

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I could totally see HxH coming back right as Naruto ends. That would be so amazing! There is just SOOOO much content available in HxH for it to end soon. The spiders need another arc.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
It's not coming back yet. There'll be 3 new series starting in this next issues. Maybe after those.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
It's not coming back yet. There'll be 3 new series starting in this next issues. Maybe after those.
Out of curiosity, which ones?

New series doesn't' always mean new income for SJ.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Out of curiosity, which ones?

New series doesn't' always mean new income for SJ.
Credits to Oberon

#51:
Cover & Lead CP: Takujo no Ageha by Furuya Itsuki (New Series)
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Shokugeki no Souma

#52:
Cover & Lead CP: E-Robot by Yamamoto Ryouhei (New Series)

#01:
Cover & Lead CP: Gakkyuu Houtei by Takeshi Obata & Enoki Nobuaki (New Series)

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Credits to Oberon

#51:
Cover & Lead CP: Takujo no Ageha by Furuya Itsuki (New Series)
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Shokugeki no Souma

#52:
Cover & Lead CP: E-Robot by Yamamoto Ryouhei (New Series)

#01:
Cover & Lead CP: Gakkyuu Houtei by Takeshi Obata & Enoki Nobuaki (New Series)
It seems the first is about Ping Pong, so I will discard it. The second is about an "Ero" robot which I assume it will be just for gags. Gakkyuu Houtei is the only one who seems interesting (Death Note author) but I doubt SJ will rely on them for sales.

HxH should be after they measure how this three handle.

Demonspeed

Promised Successor
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It seems the first is about Ping Pong, so I will discard it. The second is about an "Ero" robot which I assume it will be just for gags. Gakkyuu Houtei is the only one who seems interesting (Death Note author) but I doubt SJ will rely on them for sales.

HxH should be after they measure how this three handle.
Wishing for other series to be canceled quickly so that Togashi can return, and it's not even guaranteed.

We HXH fans are so cruel :darn.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Wishing for other series to be canceled quickly so that Togashi can return, and it's not even guaranteed.

We HXH fans are so cruel :darn.
Jump's new series have been quite awful for a while. Only Togashi can save what WSJ has degenerated into.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Jump's new series have been quite awful for a while. Only Togashi can save what WSJ has degenerated into.
Souma, Ansatsu, Haikyuu, World Trigger, all good titles. Let Togashi save himself first before trying to save other things.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Those are all older than a year, pal.
I was refering to Yoakemono and those axed things.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Souma, Ansatsu, Haikyuu, World Trigger, all good titles. Let Togashi save himself first before trying to save other things.
I read each a chapter and couldn't get past half of it. I gave World Trigger another chance since it released an anime and I just couldn't find it interesting.
Ok, I'm being a bitch, I know.

I liked though Nanatsu No Taizai, but I don't think it's still strong to become part of the big 3 tradition (Or a new one).

leiatte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know why people are so worried about Hunter X Hunter coming in to boost Jumps sales when even If Togashi does come back, who knows how long he will stay. I don't think Jump will become dependent on Hunter X Hunter, when its hardly here most of the time.

Jump will be fine like MiyamotoMusashi says it has plenty of newer series that are pretty good. Shokugeki no Souma is very popular, and so is Assasination Classroom. and Jump still has One Piece, and Toriko, also Gintama.

I wouldn't want to rely on a series that is in other than sales 'unreliable'.

PS I love Obata's artwork and Im glad he's returning to Jump with another series, I hope its great. Interested in the writer he's partnered up with, and I don't know much about it but apparently its about a Lawyer, seems like it could be really cool.

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Notice that it's not a serious talk. :|

dzsovani

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
HxH will definitely come back some day...

but,
why are peolpe thinking that the manga will continue at 2015?

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Because the people do not want to cry.
Still hoping for 2014 tho :(

I would even volunteer to give togashi some back massage!

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Naruto leaves a gap, but it also had to go and im glad its over now. The second half of naruto was going downhill in terms of quality. The "last" fight (Madara vs shinobi world) was dragged too much and the ending itself had too less focus.
So you cant say that only HxH can fill the gap in tems of quality. Give other series a chance and realise that the chances of HxH coming back soon are very low.
Of course its wishfull thinking, but not that realistic.

I just hope that togashi will get his health issues away (some day) and will have enough strength and assisstance to complete HxH the way he wants to (and not because others say that he needs to rush it in some way).