Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

YipYip

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
231
Reaction score
154
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I bet 500 internetz on togashi's return being announced in january.
I believe its statements like these that keep the hiatus going...
You just jinx it ^^
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I believe its statements like these that keep the hiatus going...
You just jinx it ^^
If my personal posting history had power of togashi we'd have like 10 more arcs by now T.T
 

ObserverZR

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 8, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
26
Age
34
Country
United States
There are a bunch of articles claiming to have inside "sources" that say Togashi is to be replaced.
None of them show any evidence of such, and most of it is rampant rumors and A$$umptions.
One even said that Tokyo Ghoul's creator would replace him, and at this point, It's annoying.

Does anyone here have and or know of any evidence that Togashi is going to be replaced? I personally think this is all just for clicks (money), but it's odd to see so many articles say the same thing without any proof. 7_7
 
Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They all say wrong things (like thinking togashi is responsible for the anime and not the manga) and repeat them.
None of them has any clue what they are even saying, it is a bona fide copy and clickbait.

Don't worry, if anything was official, it would not stand on those kinds of pages.
 

Drakrami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
753
Reaction score
420
Gender
Male
Country
Balearic Islands
There are a bunch of articles claiming to have inside "sources" that say Togashi is to be replaced.
None of them show any evidence of such, and most of it is rampant rumors and A$$umptions.
One even said that Tokyo Ghoul's creator would replace him, and at this point, It's annoying.

Does anyone here have and or know of any evidence that Togashi is going to be replaced? I personally think this is all just for clicks (money), but it's odd to see so many articles say the same thing without any proof. 7_7
It's not HunterX if you replaced Togashi. What's the point? I just read the latest Boruto chapter and shook my head... wtf is this?
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
In all honesty, i don't think togashi would even let anyone replace him.
I think he'd rather let it be cancelled completely.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
In all honesty, i don't think togashi would even let anyone replace him.
I think he'd rather let it be cancelled completely.
He could hand it over to Ishida :derp
But in all seriousness I think Togashi might be ready to jump into his last arc. The DC arc seems to be akin to the Alvarez arc of FT in the way that it has a ring of an endgame to it.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
He could hand it over to Ishida :derp
But in all seriousness I think Togashi might be ready to jump into his last arc. The DC arc seems to be akin to the Alvarez arc of FT in the way that it has a ring of an endgame to it.
Maybe, it is quite possible (and even likely) that the DC arc will be split into some smaller arcs and we will have the manga be concluded there (or in an epilogue back in the human world).
The scope would imply it. After all, it seems like this will be even bigger than the CA arc.

Togashi knows his own health best. If he thinks he can handle it he might plan even more, but for now, i would assume that the DC arc is HxH's last hurrah.
 

duerlin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
107
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The scope would imply it. After all, it seems like this will be even bigger than the CA arc.
I really don't think HxH will last for more 10 years. Either Togashi retires and cancels it midway or the DC arc will be smaller. Atm I bet they will barely reach the shore of the DC and return.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The world is constructivist and as long as i dont accept it it wont come true what you say!
 

RoryMercury

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
44
Reaction score
261
Age
27
Country
Canada
Yeah HxH for me is not very promising in terms of its future. And this is coming from a person that's rewatched HxH both versions several times over.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,446
Gender
Male
Country
France
I really don't think HxH will last for more 10 years. Either Togashi retires and cancels it midway or the DC arc will be smaller. Atm I bet they will barely reach the shore of the DC and return.
I don't know about the number of years it has but he is not going to cancel the series or retire, I thought it was obvious by now. He has even other ideas in mind. The expedition appears to be the introduction to a long saga to me.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I definitely agree. Togashi even loudly thought about doing another manga after.
He might aswell have a health condition which in fact does not let him work over long extended periods but otherwise be fine.

If he is in good health but just has back pains, if he keeps himself healthy he could aswell go on for 20 more years with a slower pace.
We really don't know that, he himself knows best.
And since i think he really really really wants to finish what he started, i wouldnt assume it gets cancelled or anything like that.
 

duerlin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
107
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't know about the number of years it has but he is not going to cancel the series or retire, I thought it was obvious by now. He has even other ideas in mind. The expedition appears to be the introduction to a long saga to me.
When I commented I thought he was almost 60, but I agree he can endure at least up to 65 yo. But hardly his pace will improve. He completed the CA arc (around 130 issues) in 8 years. So if you predict a big arc and a small one to close things (like the election one), it will probably end after this.
I definitely agree. Togashi even loudly thought about doing another manga after.
About his plans, some people make plans without in fact planning anything.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
About his plans, some people make plans without in fact planning anything.
That is true, bu Togashi does not strike me as someone like that.
He planned out a lot of the story in advance, stayed consistent with it and keeps a high quality longrunning manga up since several decades.
A guy like that knows what it means in terms of effort and work to start an arc like the DC one.
 

YuYuMoonXHunter

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
104
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
While waiting for hiatus, I found this XD guess who's on top 10 chart for selling manga during 2016?

And this is how I thought:derp:derp:derp:derp:derp:derp
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I wonder what sales hxh could archieve if it was coming out more regularly.
 
Top